Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Someone post the socks.

The ones with Swarovski crystals embedded in them, engineered "for ladies."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Realtalk though, the non-HDR pictures are much, much, much better looking. Kinda sucks that you spent all that effort to crank the HDR to Lisa Frank levels on the pictures trying to make them look "half decent" and just made them look worse.

Much like you spent all that effort renovating your bathroom and made it look worse.

Maybe any time you think you should do something, you should just not do it, saving the time, effort and money while at the same time achieving a superior outcome.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!

Leperflesh posted:

It is the incongruity of simultaneously posting "I made it how I like it and that's all that matters" and also seeking attention and approval for what you made.

If you genuinely didn't care, you never needed to post. If you genuinely do care, you could have consulted with a well-recommended interior designer, and had something that people in general would agree is tasteful or at least not revolting.

So the actual core object of ridicule is how you cannot reconcile these two conflicting motives.

...also the blatant :biotruths: :females: of your previous thread is lingering, and that's hilarious too

naw bud it all tracks

he posted the pics because he does like how it looks, and he reckoned everyone here would go "drat that actually turned out great, good job dude". if i got dragged that hard i'd be looking for vindication too

shame the place is actually a blur of garage and gamer aesthetic. dudes probably got a ceiling fan cover shaped like a gun

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bEatmstrJ posted:

And until I pointed that out, no one made a single mention of it. So apparently it's not an issue.

Probably because nobody could tell they were plastic due to the lovely Snapchat filter you used, but anyone who walks in will wonder why you have fake rocks sitting in a damp pit.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
hey bEatmstrJ why'd you take down the nanoleaf panels for your photos

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
bEatmstrJ do your shower heads have RGB LED lights inside. do they pulse to hatsune mikus good beats

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Really, don't be too hard on the guy. If he gets chased off, we'll never get to see the inevitable female-oriented kitchen remodel, and that's gonna be where the real money's at.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
sorry to bother you bEatmstrJ but did you board up that window to reduce screen glare

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
bEatmstrJ i hate to intrude but are you not posting the toilet because you haven't finished running CAT5 in there

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006
Fine, here's my bathroom. It's also just some grey tile, so hopefully you don't roast me too bad.

hoping to get a sweet toilet pic

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
bEatmstrJ when is your artificial bonsai coming in the mail

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

the bsd boys posted:

bEatmstrJ i hate to intrude but are you not posting the toilet because you haven't finished running CAT5 in there

Cat5? Geez, everyone knows you need fiber for toilet biz.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
hey sorry bEatmstrJ but i'm curious if you've finished hooking up your bathroom thermostat to an amazon echo yet

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My shower has a hole in the wall because maintenance in this apartment sucks rear end and it's still not as bad as his bathroom

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

My shower has a hole in the wall...maintenance in this apartment sucks rear end

I think you're using the hole wrong

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
poor bEatmstrJ blew out his voice trying to get alexa to hear him over the noise of two showerheads

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
My dream is to hook up one of these dumb AIs to my bathroom so I can bark 'engage' and a bidet washes my rear end in a top hat hands free

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
ALEXA PLAY BLOODBORNE OST. LADY MAR-I-A OF THE AS-TRAL CLOCK-TOW-ER

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

Really, don't be too hard on the guy. If he gets chased off, we'll never get to see the inevitable female-oriented kitchen remodel, and that's gonna be where the real money's at.

Now with included ball and chain!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Actual photo of bEatmstrJ's water closet

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S HOME DESIGN WITH RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE CARPENTRY ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY CUT AND I DO EVERY CUT HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME LOAD-BEARING BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP MY JOISTS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST GARISH BATHROOM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE DIY THREAD AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE DIY THREAD CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED BOTH THE COLORS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY BACHELOR PAD LESS LONELY BY PAINTING EM BOTH. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
bEatmstrJ did you have to tell your contractor to paint the bathroom "ferrari red" or did you just tell him to make it match the flames on your shirt

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Youth Decay posted:

Actual photo of bEatmstrJ's water closet

he wishes

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS HOME DESIGN WITH RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE CARPENTRY ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY CUT AND I DO EVERY CUT HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME LOAD-BEARING BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP MY JOISTS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST GARISH BATHROOM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE DIY THREAD AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE DIY THREAD CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED BOTH THE COLORS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY BACHELOR PAD LESS LONELY BY PAINTING EM BOTH. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Now that I've finally seen the bathroom a dude "designed with a woman in mind" that they will "swoon" over I can definitively, absolutely, without a doubt say

I'm gay

thanks OP

Masey
Aug 22, 2006
Pancakes.

bEatmstrJ posted:

I'd bet an idiotic idea never stopped you from building what your customers asked you for.

So you're admitting your bathroom is bad.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

the bsd boys posted:

dudes probably got a ceiling fan cover shaped like a gun

i mean

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1100948125949190149?s=19

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

I just noticed this, I already thought that makeup vanity was objectively bad but is he using a vertically placed ottoman as the chair? WTF?

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!

honestly thats the best holiday inn ive ever seen

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

really going hard for the "everything's had at least three lines railed off it" look

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 28, 2019

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
My dude just hates actual furniture, I guess. Everything needs to be bolted down, like it's the feng shui of a guy with crippling abandonment issues.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

bEatmstrJ posted:

Very heavy 15ft 8x10 wood beams. Probably the most interesting part was that they had to hoist them in through the 2nd floor window since they were too big to walk through the house.

Wait, 8x10 solid? That's uhh, large. Like very little space in between the sistered beams and joists large. Can you post a pic? I can see how this would fix the problem but I'm not sure how they would attach to the engineered I beams.

Also seriously just post the toilet, it can't be worse than the burning you're already getting. Here is mine.

The tub was here. Note one joist is sistered with another despite only being an 8ft span. The next does not actually reach the sill beam and was just balanced on a stack of small rocks on top of the foundation. The one after it? 3 sistered beams again for an 8 foot span. None of them actually went all the way across. Whoever ratfucked this place before me hopefully died horribly.

I threw the whole-rear end thing out and started clean.

Appalachian roofing. When I say whole rear end thing got thrown out, I mean it, you could stand in the basement and look at the sky with no ceiling joists or rafters. I should have done the walls too and poured a concrete foundation instead of keeping that but I didn't know that yet.

Ghost of toilets past on the right

How to fix previous owner joist fuckery. You throw it out and put in fresh

Post your toilet, it literally can't be worse than this.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.

Was this designed in minecraft

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
By the way, you can add my wife to the growing number of women who hate the bathroom, specifically your horrid color palette (and bad photo editing).

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

kastein posted:

Wait, 8x10 solid? That's uhh, large. Like very little space in between the sistered beams and joists large. Can you post a pic? I can see how this would fix the problem but I'm not sure how they would attach to the engineered I beams.

Also seriously just post the toilet, it can't be worse than the burning you're already getting. Here is mine.

The tub was here. Note one joist is sistered with another despite only being an 8ft span. The next does not actually reach the sill beam and was just balanced on a stack of small rocks on top of the foundation. The one after it? 3 sistered beams again for an 8 foot span. None of them actually went all the way across. Whoever ratfucked this place before me hopefully died horribly.

I threw the whole-rear end thing out and started clean.

Appalachian roofing. When I say whole rear end thing got thrown out, I mean it, you could stand in the basement and look at the sky with no ceiling joists or rafters. I should have done the walls too and poured a concrete foundation instead of keeping that but I didn't know that yet.

Ghost of toilets past on the right

How to fix previous owner joist fuckery. You throw it out and put in fresh

Post your toilet, it literally can't be worse than this.

o_O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Still laughing at the notion that it's impossible to predict where 12"x24" tile is going to land exactly. It just goes wherever it ends up