Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Flayer posted:

Even so Pakistan, the smaller of the two, is the 6th most populous country in the world and only around 1/3 of its 200+ million people live in cities. India doesn't have the nukes to wipe them out and win a war against the Pakistan military. India would have to go full Nazi ethnic cleansing to achieve that goal, their ~200 nukes would not do the job. I don't think India could successfully invade Pakistan anyway because their invasion forces would get nuked.

Any problems India has facing Pakistan are tripled if you reverse the positions.

The Indian conventional military most likely beats pakistani conventional military

also against military targets you got tactical nukes and against cities you got strategic nukes and those two are seperate

but if your basic point is that nobody wins a nuclear exchange I agree with u

quote:

I don't think India could successfully invade Pakistan anyway because their invasion forces would get nuked.

India would have more success laying siege to Pakistan and forcing them to surrender over a long period of time because India has a significant naval advantage but other countries would probably get involved in helping Pakistan out if that happened.
oh yeah, this is true and that's why India has no first use policy whereas pakistan doesn't

Typo has issued a correction as of 19:08 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

SKULL.GIF posted:

has this ever been tested?

no but if you think about it you can't really stop the chain of nuclear escalation

let's say i'm pakistan and I nuke an indian division india goes back and nuke my division in retaliation, but then I'm gonna go "oh india nuked one of my elite imran khan guard divisions whereas I only nuked one of their "jai hind" lovely penal divisions so I need to nuke them back again to make it even"

obviously the indians are gonna retaliate in kind again and before you know it new delhi and karachi are bathed in atomic fire

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/Jovial_Samy/status/1101170354750287872

https://twitter.com/PemmarajuTeja/status/1101177892073959424

https://twitter.com/Ajaymanjrekar7/status/1101106838068617218

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

A lot of them probably literally believe there were nukes in the Baghavad Gita. Maybe nuclear annihilation doesn't sound so scary if you think you're going to be reincarnated into a higher caste.

Jokes on them, they're all going to a Naraka or doin' Hungry Ghost time for being knobs.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

weird that all these recently created twitter accounts with almost no activity are championing war between india and pakistan

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/MyOpini78048067/status/1101184095986638848?s=19

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/imdeepaksa/status/1101180037875806208?s=19

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Indians are really bad at memes.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Does Pakistan just not have a real twitter presence?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Over There posted:

Indians are really bad at memes.

Pretty good at hashtags, however.

#SayYesToWar

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

what?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

really queer Christmas posted:

in bill nye theme song: jai Hind say yes to war

WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Mantis42 posted:

Pretty good at hashtags, however.

#SayYesToWar

jai hind

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pakistan is our stalwart ally

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Who is this and why is she glam-shotting in front of a downed Indian jet?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
A couple of people flexing on Twitter isn't a war... Yet.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mdemone posted:

1. a pakistani woman
2. take that india

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mdemone posted:

news anchor

svenkatesh
Sep 5, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

Does Pakistan just not have a real twitter presence?

Not sure, does the Pakistani military allow the populace to use the internet?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/KashmirIntel/status/1101189076579889152

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Finally a voice of sanity

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

mdemone posted:

https://twitter.com/SaadiaAfzaal/status/765238925824753664

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

att & Verizon are gonna be jerks during ww3

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

licking boots to own the libs, Pakistan, and all organic life

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Nonsense posted:

lmao that'll be the least of it

hey remember when a bunch of Smart LightbulbsTM with chinese firmware were ordered to ping each other from ~somewhere~ and it made the internet unusable on the east coast for an entire day?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

ww3 averted when Verizon throttles their Network causing a launch order to never get delivered

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

pakistan zindabad

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/pid_gov/status/1101077823987613697?s=19

Seems good maybe it'll put a crimp in modi's plans to beat the war drums to an election victory

oh

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
SOURCES: PAKISTAN HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO RELEASE PILOT

lmao imagine being this loving ungrateful for the release of a pow

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

mila kunis posted:

https://twitter.com/pid_gov/status/1101077823987613697?s=19

Seems good maybe it'll put a crimp in modi's plans to beat the war drums to an election victory

oh

Is this like a super airbrushed picture of him?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
no idea but Imran Khan was pretty hot back in the day

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
my indian friend told me that in northern india all politics is just insider families pretending to be political parties (i.e the INC is owned by the ghandi family) and in southern india all politics are celebrities like movie stars being elected

my other indian friend told me he liked modi because he built infrastructure

and obvsly pakistani politics is just a proxy for army rule

Typo has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Feb 28, 2019

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Digging Imran’s Han Solo look

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
my pakistani friend also told me in the imran khan election the army literally drove trucks up to polling stations to collect ballots, to ensure no irregularities occur

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

#SayNoToWAP

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Typo posted:

my indian friend told me that in northern india all politics is just insider families pretending to be political parties (i.e the INC is owned by the ghandi family) and in southern india all politics are celebrities like movie stars being elected

and obvsly pakistani politics is just a proxy for army rule

it varies a lot and is pretty chaotic. It breaks down along ethnic, religious, caste lines - in any city a neighbourhood will probably be controlled by street muscle from the dominant group there, who choose to give their allegiance to a party based on historical ties or who can buy them off the best.

the Gandhi's may 'own' the INC but there's a lot of power devolution between leadership and what happens on the street level. If the leadership is perceived as too weak or does something to piss the street muscle off there'sr splits into regional parties (that's why there's a thousand parties called Congress) or the leadership gets couped (what Modi did to the 90s era bjp leaders)

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Typo posted:

my pakistani friend also told me in the imran khan election the army literally drove trucks up to polling stations to collect ballots, to ensure no irregularities occur

Remember musharaff? His story's pretty funny. He started the kargil war, hosed it up, and got sacked. Instead of accepting it he decided to coup the Pakistani pm

This time the army was cleverer and decided to soft coup the pm through ballot rigging.

The pm each time was a guy called Nawaz Sharif. You might think he's unlucky, but actually he's the luckiest guy in the world, because if the army really hate you they'll outright kill you like they did to benazir Bhutto, and also her dad zulfiqar (the last left wing leader in Pakistan, rip)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

launch the nukes u cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

triple sulk posted:

i'm glad of it