Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Hihohe posted:

BotL sucks so goddamn much and im glad hes gone.
actually, you will find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

posters, theyre universally trash

:hmmyes:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Great Cthulhu, shidding and farding and cameing in his pants, lies dead and dreaming in Ry'leh.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hihohe posted:

BotL sucks so goddamn much and im glad hes gone.

BoTL is the living embodiment of the "New School of Chess Strategy" quote, and I'm pretty sure they're going to eventually get permabanned from SA just by the standing threat to be banned on-sight by every subforum after being kicked out from each in turn. They're already a good ways towards it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:yeah:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Torchlighter posted:

It's a thread about unprobating BravestoftheLamps. It's absolutely as bad a Vincent van Goatse is describing.

There is only one possible reason one could possibly do that and that's to spite loving everybody and for that I applaud you you absolute lunatics. It's already working as intended! I say godspeed you terrible terrible people

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The context is the ancient Roman they were discussing literally claimed infants give great blowjobs, and people were wondering if that Roman was actually a baby fucker or just bullshitting.

Oh. Well, that makes it a normal thing to post then,

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Let's just stop with the baby blowjob talk and related.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

actually, didnt someone from helldump blow up a d&d thread with baby blowjob talk way back when those forums were a thing?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Krankenstyle posted:

actually, didnt someone from helldump blow up a d&d thread with baby blowjob talk way back when those forums were a thing?

Well there was the thread about repetitive sets of dead babies, don't remember bjs

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

jesus WEP posted:

forgot the bathroom pics

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819901&pagenumber=168&perpage=40#post492921243

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

CannonFodder posted:

Well there was the thread about repetitive sets of dead babies, don't remember bjs

maybe? was there anything about tribes in the amazon i think? it was super weird but the funny thing was the d&d guy just melting down completely unable to present a coherent argument against baby blowjobs/deaths whatever it was

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

CannonFodder posted:

Dead baby reps?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dead baby forums???

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kitfox88 posted:

Dead baby reps?

Sorry, posting from my phone, the forums keep eating my post

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like the purple and black stuff. They're my two favorite colors. My bed sheets are black and purple. I don't know if I could live in that for very long though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

CannonFodder posted:

Sorry, posting from my phone, the forums keep eating my post

oh that, no it wasnt that

ugh im gonna have to try and dig thru helldump if no one remembers it soon

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2919046

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i've been working out!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
thanks pikachode

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543702&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post414406734

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like the purple and black stuff. They're my two favorite colors. My bed sheets are black and purple.

No, those photos weren’t shot with a UV filter.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

ReverendScumbag posted:

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, I wish Rent-A-Center didn't carry computers.

edit: That was pretty mean, what I meant to say was "I hope your whole family dies in a meth lab fire"

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
That is the ugliest loving bathroom ever and I am so, so happy that this dipshit-rear end motherfucker decorated it like that.

As a woman, I would violently recoil if I walked into that shitshow. It's so loving horrible.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
nice bathroom. for a clown to poo poo in. at the circus. idiot.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

jit bull’s pittie ragdolls a child to death, nbsd sadly shakes his head at how this simply cannot be prevented, nor can anyone be held responsible

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Oxxidation posted:

nooo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

EorayMel posted:

Let's move on, thread, with an actual funny forums quote. Like this one:

I once hit a deer with my house.

Why he had my house I’ll never know

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

the one time i ever went skiing i tore my pants open from the crotch to the knee only 100ft down the mountain and had to slowly work my way down the rest as my pants became packed full of more and more snow. it was free lift ticket day so the place was super crowded too. hundreds of people kept whizzing by my exposed underwear as i repeatedly fell into snowbank after snowbank

that's my shameful skiing story thanks for listening

I know Shame Boy is a reference to Supergreatfriend's TLC stream but man, it's a cherry on top for this post.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

goon.wad

Tony Snark posted:

I have no clue how to embed twitter's bullshit so if this is broke it's worth it if someone can fix this

https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/1102153605899927556

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Post+probation reason combo:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Is the PYF ban thread still a thing somewhere?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

BoTL is the living embodiment of the "New School of Chess Strategy" quote, and I'm pretty sure they're going to eventually get permabanned from SA just by the standing threat to be banned on-sight by every subforum after being kicked out from each in turn. They're already a good ways towards it.

Please post this quote if you have it tia

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

didn't know avshalom used to be a mod

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is the "New School of Chess Strategy" being a miserable rear end in a top hat who will chase down any thread about books or fiction and seek to make everyone depressed and angry, at him? Because BOTL sucks poo poo and should be banned. I got ~2 posters on ignore and he is one of them.

*perhaps it's different in book barn but when I participate in a book thread it's a happy accident, and not once has that thread been improved by BOTL taking a miserable pained shriveled poo poo on it

** if he took a bold poo poo, a beer poo poo, I could at least respect it, but no. It's a miserly poo poo, like an old man weak and spiteful

doverhog has a new favorite as of 04:22 on Mar 4, 2019

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Fister Roboto posted:

HP Lovecraft Fact: In America, he's called A1 Lovecraft.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Please post this quote if you have it tia

Its on the first page of this thread and its good

-

quote:

A better analogy would be if someone walks into a championship tournament, says "GEE I THINK I MAY HAVE TRANSCENDED THE UNDERSTANDING OF SOME OF YOU GRANDMASTERS HERE, WANT TO JOIN MY NEW SCHOOL OF CHESS STRATEGY?", then loses by scholar's mate twice in the first round.

This person then refuses to leave his seat, claiming that he needs additional proof that the queen in f7 actually ontologically exists before he will admit defeat, and that the rules of the CHESS ESTABLISHMENT were unfairly biased against him by disallowing the possibility of his king being able to leapfrog pieces.

Then he pulls out an ancient shopping list from 1905 and claims that "1. Eggs" means 'The King', "2. Butter" means 'can', and "3. Milk" means 'leapfrog'. This is admissible evidence for his case because he has lived according to the dictates of this list since he was a teenager, and it has drastically improved his quality of life. When the referees tell him that this makes no loving sense, he drags them into a three hour debate over the precise meaning of the words 'makes', 'no', 'loving', and 'sense'.

When people point out that there is more than enough evidence to suggest his list is just a scrap of paper from some long-dead housewife's purse, he rather proudly points out how close-minded they are in dismissing outright the possibility that the list was in fact a secret coded message on the best way to live life, originally formulated by Atlanteans and passed down through the ages disguised as everyday documents. After all, if one starts with the presupposition that such a document exists, then it would be very fair to argue that it is indeed in the form of his shopping list.

Never mind that his previous interpretations of the list led to three convictions and time served for robbery, hate crimes, and murder. These were just unfortunate misinterpretations on his part of the list's true intentions, he says. The list itself is blameless. In fact, the Atlanteans deliberately obfuscated the true meaning of the list in this way, so that it would require multiple failed misinterpretations before one would happen across its TRUE meaning, and in doing so appreciate it all the more.

In fact, he does have some evidence to back up his claims. Why, just last week during his daily meditation on the list, he felt it telling him that something good was about to happen in his future. And yesterday, wouldn't you know it, he found a twenty dollar note on the sidewalk! Evidence of the list's prophetic powers if I ever saw one. And believe him, he has many more stories where that came from.

By now, the debate has splintered off into innumerable tangents, with the one man against literally every other player and referee present at the tournament. Finally, he graciously accepts the possibility of defeat in some of the myriad topics now being covered. OK, maybe the tallest player doesn't always get to go first. Fine, I will concede that there isn't much evidence to support my third-invisible-knight hypothesis. But that's all irrelevant. What he wants to concentrate on, and what nobody has yet been able to disprove, he adds, is the ability of the king to leapfrog over other pieces.

The argument drags on for weeks. Finally, one afternoon, the beet-faced referee exhausts his last reserves of decency and throws his arms up in frustration and despair. "YOU loving RETARD, HOW CAN YOU LAY CLAIM TO KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT CHESS STRATEGY WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN GRASP THE MOST BASIC RULES!?" He shouts, just as a new entrant walks through the door. "I'm sorry," replies the man calmly, "I simply cannot discuss the rules of chess with such an 'official' if you insist on using such strong and uncouth language. Please retract your insults or I will be forced to plug my ears whenever you say anything from now on."

Seeing only this last exchange, the new entrant pipes up. "He's right, you know. If he did something wrong, then you as the referee have every right to tell him he is so, but it should be done with a patient and thorough explanation of the details of his error. Hurling ridicule at him solves nothing and won't change anyone's mind."

The lazy eye of the retarded List-following, King-leapfrogging man twitches almost unnoticeably, as he cranes his head towards the source of this new voice. A welcoming smile cracks, inch by beaming inch, across his face. He licks his lips. He clears his throat.

"So glad to know decent people like you still value a polite discussion. Care for a game?"

also gently caress BotL, i hope he dies in a hollywood video.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Is the PYF ban thread still a thing somewhere?

Iiirc, that one died over a year ago (at least, the last one I saw) because it turned into a pissing contest along with :smuggo: reregs barreling in to set the record straight about how they were cool and good posters and didn't deserve the punishment they rightfully got smacked with.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the thing that makes me genuinely irritated as gently caress about BotL even with him on my ignore list is, like

he's not doing what he does out of any kind of sincere drive to share his opinion with people. i've seen what he posts like when he's actually sincere (in TBB) and, surprisingly, he manages to not be a complete obnoxious asshat. he's doing what he does in an active attempt to poo poo up discussions and make them unreadable, out of pure loving spite for people who like things he sees as "low art"

it's particularly bad in CineD because, at this point, CineD is a pretty close-knit forum. it's not really the same impersonal tone some other subforums have; a pretty big chunk of the CineD regulars have each other added on Facebook and whatnot and people talk about e/n poo poo all the time in genchat because the rest of SA hates our guts, on top of simple attrition. so when he does this in CineD, it's kind of less like he's screaming something unpopular into the void, and more like you're hanging out with your friends and then some rear end in a top hat barges in out of nowhere and starts screaming about Guardians of the Galaxy being murder apologia

WeedlordGoku69 has a new favorite as of 11:45 on Mar 4, 2019

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it's particularly bad in CineD because, at this point, CineD is a pretty close-knit forum. it's not really the same impersonal tone some other subforums have; a pretty big chunk of the CineD regulars have each other added on Facebook and whatnot and people talk about e/n poo poo all the time in genchat because the rest of SA hates our guts, on top of simple attrition. so when he does this in CineD, it's kind of less like he's screaming something unpopular into the void, and more like you're hanging out with your friends and then some rear end in a top hat barges in out of nowhere and starts screaming about Guardians of the Galaxy being murder apologia

i've changed my mind, unban BoTL, he is doing god's work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

cock hero flux posted:

i've changed my mind, unban BoTL, he is doing god's work

Banish him to only post in Cinema Discusso until it's destroyed, then ban him forever.