Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

MariusLecter posted:

Someone should really set up a goon community, this kind of thing is a tragedy. Nothing worse than goblins escaping the deaths they deserve.

After twenty minutes of rejiggering my skills and poring carefully over their runes, I set up my demon hunter to freeze everything everywhere as best I could and managed to take down about 7 of them. Unfortunately the ones that got away were two menagerists and a blood thief that I noticed way too late. I did manage to finish out the rest of my gem designs and got another Natalya's piece, so it balanced out I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

XeeD posted:

Goddamn it. I've got about 11 goblins of varying flavours showing up on my map and not enough DPS to kill them all. This is the first time I've seen a rift like this and also the first time this game has stressed me out. And the fact that they're all laughing at me isn't helping any.

The best is yet to come. Once you arrive at the DPS to melt entire townships of goblins, you'll only ever see one lovely treasure gob by itself once every 3 days until next season start. Or you're leveling an alt.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got into a group doing chain vault runs, 3 gilded gobbos in one of the vaults. :homebrew:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bust Rodd posted:

2 things:

1. Take it from someone who built LONBomb 5 seasons in a row, it’s so much faster to gamble another ancient belt then it is to reroll and your gonna be kicking yourself for burning bounty mats on something so cheap from Kadala

2. A non-ancient 6 second belt is better than an ancient 7-8 second belt for DPS.

1. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Farming bounties is annoying enough as it is.

2. Which is why I've been re-rolling a spare belt!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Did you feel this way when they made StarCraft free too?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Star Man posted:

Did you feel this way when they made StarCraft free too?

It'd be great if they made Diablo 2 and LoD free. I'm mad I paid for them and can't play them.

Have people been misunderstanding my situation this whole time?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You haven't been very clear, no.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

It'd be great if they made Diablo 2 and LoD free. I'm mad I paid for them and can't play them.

Have people been misunderstanding my situation this whole time?
How come you can't play them? Seems like a weird problem to have.

Slashdiablo ladder reset is on the 22nd or so.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s ok though because D2 is overrated unbalanced trash and a glorified video poker machine and D3 is better in almost every way, unless your rubric involves werebears, at which point I’d understand your frustration.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Khorne posted:

How come you can't play them? Seems like a weird problem to have.

Near as I can tell, the Diablo 3 CE came with a soulstone-shaped USB stick that has D2/LOD on it, but apparently didn't come with keys anywhere? Which seems really weird, since you would need said keys to play at all, I'd think, but idk.

I have a buddy who also bought the CE, I'll ask him if he maybe knows where the keys would be. Are they perhaps on the USB stick?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I couldn't go back to D2. Or D1. Meanwhile I have a broad strikezone to tolerate D4 if all they did with it was HD update everything, and add more tilesets and procedural blocks to the current engine.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s ok though because D2 is overrated unbalanced trash and a glorified video poker machine and D3 is better in almost every way, unless your rubric involves werebears, at which point I’d understand your frustration.
What's not balanced about d2exp?

Nearly every class is good. sorc/sin/din are especially good with trash gear, barb and druid are good as hell, necro is good in 1p games and has utility for larger games, and zon is good as long as you are using javelins.

In Classic it's the sorc has teleport so is needed and hammerdin murders everything instantly show with barb taking a distant third but also an 'almost necessary' position due to BO. Classic owns anyway.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 8, 2019

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Bust Rodd posted:

unless your rubric involves werebears

If this isn't automatically part of your standard then I pity the life you've led.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

What's the etiquette when playing in public games? I saw a mention earlier in the thread about letting people know when you come across a Bandit Shrine, stuff, like that.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Beef Hardcheese posted:

What's the etiquette when playing in public games? I saw a mention earlier in the thread about letting people know when you come across a Bandit Shrine, stuff, like that.

Bandit Shrines, Rainbow Goblins, Blue Gelatinous Goblins, and Menagerie Goblins are the ones that its nice to be considerate of, and if you're running bounties and you see someone in a different zone engages with one, it's an easy way of telling that they are either botting, completely dead inside emotionally, or just a douchebag.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Off the top of my head, a bandit shrine you'd want to not pop until everybody's there. There's a rare chest in Act IV I forget what it's called but it has the (rather lovely looking) angel wings cosmetic, you want to wait for that too. If you manage to spot a menagerist goblin, they'll be purple on your mini map if you're careful enough to approach and not spook it, call your team for that too.

edit: Bust's got a better list of gobs.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Bandit shrines, goblin packs, gelatinous sires, rainbow goblins, menageries and blood thieves. Treasure goblins and gilded barons don't seem to be worth most people's time to drop whatever else they are doing. But it's still good to inform others.

e;beaten

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 8, 2019

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Bandit Shrines, Rainbow Goblins, Blue Gelatinous Goblins, and Menagerie Goblins are the ones that its nice to be considerate of, and if you're running bounties and you see someone in a different zone engages with one, it's an easy way of telling that they are either botting, completely dead inside emotionally, or just a douchebag.
If you aggro a goblin you can keep it around for a few minutes. Most people don't know this and panic to kill it for some reason. Just smack it when it opens a fake portal and it will close it.

I'd only wait on the blue boys (gelatinous) and bandit shrines, and I often aggro or pop them by accident. Blood Thief, Menagerie - I'm going to kill them asap they are irrelevant. Rainbow, the portal opens for everyone whether you kill it or not.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 8, 2019

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Khorne posted:

If you aggro a goblin you can keep it around for a few minutes. Most people don't know this and panic to kill it for some reason. Just smack it when it opens a fake portal and it will close it.

I'd only wait on the blue boys (gelatinous) and bandit shrines, and I often aggro or pop them by accident. Blood Thief, Menagerie - I'm going to kill them asap they are irrelevant. Rainbow, the portal opens for everyone whether you kill it or not.

Blood thief might not be a priority, but people generally really give a poo poo about their cosmetic pet opportunities.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
I'm still missing like 4 pets from menagerists so I get excited when I see one pop up on the map.

And in other cosmetic news: after weeks of farming I finally got the rainbow portrait frame so my daughter can use it on her Wizard. Now I just need to get the Cosmic Wings for her and I can quit D3 forever. :suicide:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I've had 3 Rainbow Gobbos this Season, and still no Wings, Sword, or Portrait. My streak continues.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Portrait comes from Whimsyshire which is easier to farm since you can just keep remaking games once you craft the staff.

Whimsydale is accessed by killing Rainbow Goblins and is an absolute bitch to get and then like smaller than 1% chance that the correct mob with the wings is even there.

Apparently the sword can drop in either. I had like 6 of them in my inventory before I got the portrait.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
You can now buy Diablo 1 again, on GOG.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Zenithe posted:

Thanks

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Zenithe posted:

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!

Kyrosiris posted:

Near as I can tell, the Diablo 3 CE came with a soulstone-shaped USB stick that has D2/LOD on it, but apparently didn't come with keys anywhere? Which seems really weird, since you would need said keys to play at all, I'd think, but idk.

I have a buddy who also bought the CE, I'll ask him if he maybe knows where the keys would be. Are they perhaps on the USB stick?

D3 CE definitely came with D2 and LoD keys, I think they were printed on a piece of cardboard. Not sure if the keys are on the soul stone usb anywhere, I've never plugged mine in

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mormon Mother posted:

D3 CE definitely came with D2 and LoD keys, I think they were printed on a piece of cardboard. Not sure if the keys are on the soul stone usb anywhere, I've never plugged mine in

This is correct. They came on a card with codes for other things.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
I dual log, and its a blast, are there any builds who could just stand in a corner and buff hp/Damage ?
A monk build maybe?

I started out with 2 crusader invoker builds, but that was not really smooth.
Im going to try 2 ww Barbs now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The most rage I have ever encountered in a game (outside of LoL and Overwatch) was maybe an hour after the Cosmic Wings patch dropped I was running bounties and hadn’t been paying attention to the patch and got a goblin, walked into his portal and killed a glowing pony. As soon as chat told them I killed it one guy types “WINGS!?!!?” and I go “yeah butterfly wings, cool huh?”

Jesus the wall of text this guy dropped was insane, like the Diablo 3 version of those conspiracy theorist vans in grocery store parking lots covered in text and stickers and stuff.

Sometimes when I’m sad I like to imagine they are out there, still grinding for butterfly wings

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?

Bust Rodd posted:

The most rage I have ever encountered in a game (outside of LoL and Overwatch) was maybe an hour after the Cosmic Wings patch dropped I was running bounties and hadn’t been paying attention to the patch and got a goblin, walked into his portal and killed a glowing pony. As soon as chat told them I killed it one guy types “WINGS!?!!?” and I go “yeah butterfly wings, cool huh?”

Jesus the wall of text this guy dropped was insane, like the Diablo 3 version of those conspiracy theorist vans in grocery store parking lots covered in text and stickers and stuff.

Sometimes when I’m sad I like to imagine they are out there, still grinding for butterfly wings

It sounds like you were running bounties in the same lobby. In which case, to get wings also, he would've had to be in the same zone at the same time, otherwise they won't drop. It sounds like he wasn't, hence he missed the ideal opportunity to get something super rare, hence the anger. I don't have 'em myself, never farmed but did a buncha those levels. What really sent the goblin farming community chats ablaze were 'Princess Up' messages, I even saw those trolled a few times as fakes. All of those got 10 invite requests in about .01 seconds.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
I think you have to be in the game when the portal opens. Can't join after that.

I've been farming for a few weeks, but no luck yet. Think I've been in rainbow land about 15 times, Got the sword and hamburger, but no wings.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’ve got a ton of hamberders no sword.
When I’m on I’m in LLJK (monkeh) if anyone wants to do the non fancy level (I have the staff)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Turambar posted:

I think you have to be in the game when the portal opens. Can't join after that.

I've been farming for a few weeks, but no luck yet. Think I've been in rainbow land about 15 times, Got the sword and hamburger, but no wings.

During the time frame he is talking about, you didn't even need to be in the same game when the portal opened, just needed to be in the game when the first person entered the portal. They changed that down the line.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

:devil:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Why didn't Necro get the massive set buffs everyone else did in e:2.6.4?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 9, 2019

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Why didn't Necro get the massive set buffs everyone else did in e:2.6.4?

Necromancers were waaaay OP. The set buffs were to bring other classes up to their level.

Actually, I don't know why, beyond :activision:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

And now necro feels super weak so good jorb guys.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Necromancers were waaaay OP. The set buffs were to bring other classes up to their level.

Actually, I don't know why, beyond :activision:

That actually is about it. The power creep was more to bring everything up to where the current S tier was, rather than give every set a tweak. At the time, pretty much all Necro was front of the pack power curve wise.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
current top solo necromancer build uses the nightmare rings, but the GR tier is still on par with the other classes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I put my old necro build back together and without augs it just felt super weak. I’m going to try a LON necro though but running even t13 with it is a chore.
DH just is too easy with imperfect gear to farm 90-100.