Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Holy heckarino :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Legit question since I haven’t seen the documentary, but what did it expose that wasn’t already known?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Calaveron posted:

Legit question since I haven’t seen the documentary, but what did it expose that wasn’t already known?

Nothing really, but it shone a huge loving spotlight on it, and brought it back to people's attention.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

Nah, you're thinking of KFC.

lol

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Arby’s looks like a total baka (japanese for idiot) now

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Not a large as other things in the thread, but 15 years or so a small local pet shop was going out of business and put up a said that said "Hamsters On Clearance". They were on clearance for almost an entire school year. Never went in there and it closed, but laugh about it every time I drive past it.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
There's something distinctly depressing about living animals being on deep discount

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What if they’re medical‐grade leeches you monster?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Xen Tricks posted:

There's something distinctly depressing about living animals being on deep discount

is this your first time on tinder?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Hot loving drat :stonklol:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Maigius posted:

Not a large as other things in the thread, but 15 years or so a small local pet shop was going out of business and put up a said that said "Hamsters On Clearance". They were on clearance for almost an entire school year. Never went in there and it closed, but laugh about it every time I drive past it.

So, do you think if you actually bought one it would have played out like this:

Or like this?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
OwO *notices ur bottled water*

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Tobermory posted:

There was also the time he said Coco Chanel wasn't a feminist because she wasn't ugly enough.

I thought she wasn't a feminist because of the Nazi collaboration.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Dumb Marketing Fucky Wuckies

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Sir Lemming posted:

LaCroix CEO says running company is like “caring for someone who becomes handicapped”

The full text of the press release is so bizarre that it kind of tempers the insensitivity of that statement -- it's like "oh, okay, he's just insane." I had no idea the CEO of LaCroix (or its parent company, whatever) was prone to Dr. Bronner-esque rants.

The funniest thing to me about all this is that I have no clue what beverages LaCroix makes. The only product I know the brand for is... bleach.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I just get confused because I watched a lot of Absolutely Fabulous.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gleebster posted:

I thought she wasn't a feminist because of the Nazi collaboration.

He probably thinks that's something Coco Chanel did right, though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HerStuddMuffin posted:

The funniest thing to me about all this is that I have no clue what beverages LaCroix makes. The only product I know the brand for is... bleach.
To my understanding they make sparkling water that's very subtly flavored.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
subtly flavored is a very nice way of saying weak as poo poo

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's just sparkling water with like 0.05% fruit flavor

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Never had La Croix but I think I've seen posts describing it as things like "water that might have met a strawberry once."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The Walmart brand “Great Value” sparkling water with fruit flavours is way better. That’s not a joke, I inhale that poo poo when I can get it. The best are Black Cherry, Strawberry Kiwi, and Fuji Apple.

They all actually taste of the poo poo they’re named after and don’t have that “lacroix” aftertaste.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The Walmart brand “Great Value” sparkling water with fruit flavours is way better. That’s not a joke, I inhale that poo poo. The best are Black Cherry, Strawberry Kiwi, and Fuji Apple.

I’ll go to bat for the GV flavored waters (I personally like the cherry limeade flavor), and also Dasani’s flavored sparkling waters if you want something with fruit flavor but not also a bunch of sweetness

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

I just get confused because I watched a lot of Absolutely Fabulous.
So glad it's not just me.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The Walmart brand “Great Value” sparkling water with fruit flavours is way better. That’s not a joke, I inhale that poo poo when I can get it. The best are Black Cherry, Strawberry Kiwi, and Fuji Apple.

They all actually taste of the poo poo they’re named after and don’t have that “lacroix” aftertaste.

The Vons/Safeway house brand sparking water is great too. I like peach creme, wild cherry, and pineapple mango.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SerialKilldeer posted:

Never had La Croix but I think I've seen posts describing it as things like "water that might have met a strawberry once."

Water that has black cherry friends.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I think this goes here; it's bizarre.

The New Zealand Tourism Guide discusses NZ cuisine and, curiously, the absence of local Hard Rock Cafes: https://www.tourism.net.nz/new-zealand/nz/cuisine-and-dining

It goes on over three pages! It's just HTML; it'd be trivial to edit or delete old information. Why mention Hard Rock at all? They're just highlighting what they don't have--or worse, what they used to have but don't anymore. :psyduck:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The gift shop stayed open for a year and a half past the restaurant showing nobody really wants to eat a Hard Rock, they just want the T-shirt.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Could be left up just for people searching "hard rock cafe new zealand" on Google and learning that it's not there anymore, and that search could be used for promoting other businesses. Or maybe other SEO reasons-- eg, it's a popular page and removing it wouldn't be as helpful as updating the info on it

Last Chance has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Mar 14, 2019

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Not having a Hard Rock Cafe makes NZ sound more appealing, smart move imo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've still never been at a Hard Rock Cafe despite staying in a hotel where the room service was literally Hard Rock Cafe food.

And on my senior trip I wanted to go to the one in Baltimore but I was out voted to eat at Chipotle instead because "a hard Rock Cafe is just a Hard Rock Cafe but a Chipotle is really good food"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Len posted:

And on my senior trip I wanted to go to the one in Baltimore but I was out voted to eat at Chipotle instead because "a hard Rock Cafe is just a Hard Rock Cafe but a Chipotle is really good food"

Did you go to the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't think I've even been inside a Hard Rock. I've walked past the one at Universal Orlando a ton but never went inside. I figured it would all be pretty terrible.

Universal really dropped the ball on food for the most part. Disney fills their parks with quality (if somewhat overpriced) options with a lot of variety, but most food at Universal is generic stuff like burgers, pizza, and spaghetti that costs twice as much as it should. Whenever I'm in the parks I usually eat the Harry Potter food simply because it's something different.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Platystemon posted:

Did you go to the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too?

Ohio Public Schools. And not from like a real city. My graduating class was like 80 people max

So worse

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Len posted:

I've still never been at a Hard Rock Cafe despite staying in a hotel where the room service was literally Hard Rock Cafe food.

Is Chipotle not a national chain? There are at least 2 in the Inner Harbor, and like 5 more in the general radius.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bradys Ham released the following ad two days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVrHlxYXsmc

it is a very clear parody of arguably the most famous irish rebel song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1R48hHU0Ys

And comes just as it was announced only one british soldier would be charged for the murder of 14 civilians during Bloody Sunday. I'm not sure about dumb but it's certainly very :stare: for an ad about ham

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

Is Chipotle not a national chain? There are at least 2 in the Inner Harbor, and like 5 more in the general radius.

Started in Colorado, then McDonalds pumped it full of cash to go national. It's basically a step above a national fast food chain.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

hyperhazard posted:

There weren't any near us back in 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hyperhazard posted:

Isn't it also the chain where everyone gets the shits when they eat there?