Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

StarkingBarfish posted:

What if your ideal Corbyn successor is a fully weaponised, luxury gay space McDonnel?

John McD may possibly not be a TERF, but a bunch of his mates are and he gives a lot of a poo poo about what his mates think.

E: 115 - A number lower than the number of votes May is about to lose by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

First of all, lol

Secondly, until I saw this I never noticed just how much May looks like Gerald Scarfe's drawings of Thatcher:

and realise why so many Tories voted for May, and why they continue to not do the decent thing for both the country and their own careers. They think she's back and are terrified to cross her.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Keir Starmer was a public prosecutor and has a nazi haircut

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

mfcrocker posted:

John McD may possibly not be a TERF, but a bunch of his mates are and he gives a lot of a poo poo about what his mates think.

Nooooo, UKMT, why must you always make everyone history's greatest monster?

That sucks. TERFs are not part of the luxury gay space communist ideal

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

StarkingBarfish posted:

Nooooo, UKMT, why must you always make everyone history's greatest monster?

That sucks. TERFs are not part of the luxury gay space communist ideal

He's tight with the Serwotkas, both of whom are TERFs. Mark signed the TERFy letter in the Morning Star, and Ruth is literally a founder of Woman's Place UK. John McD has been in talks with WPUK and Mumsnet.

Dude's probably a TERF :shrug:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

goddamnedtwisto posted:

First of all, lol

Secondly, until I saw this I never noticed just how much May looks like Gerald Scarfe's drawings of Thatcher:

and realise why so many Tories voted for May, and why they continue to not do the decent thing for both the country and their own careers. They think she's back and are terrified to cross her.

first as a tragedy, then as a farce

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is may bribing MPs with acid?
They've got to have something to get rid of all those dead kids.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

mfcrocker posted:

He's tight with the Serwotkas, both of whom are TERFs. Mark signed the TERFy letter in the Morning Star, and Ruth is literally a founder of Woman's Place UK. John McD has been in talks with WPUK and Mumsnet.

Dude's probably a TERF :shrug:

that's some p weak evidence

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

vodkat posted:

that's some p weak evidence

Alright bud you do you but I don't trust him an inch

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Keir Starmer was a public prosecutor and has a nazi haircut

Good haircut I trust him

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

brian posted:

I honestly hadn't seen this account post but still I appreciate a good expose

https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1105474095242772481

Lol I'm sure I remember arguing with "her" a couple of months back and calling out the account as an obvious fake then.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I don't subscribe to The Spectator because I'm not a racist so can't read this, but cant believe The Spectator, the magazine that platforms Taki & Rod Liddle & Brendan O'Neill, aren't giving John McDonnell a charitable writeup.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jezza is definitely not a TERF though so hopefully he can keep Johnny McD on the straight and narrow

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

StarkingBarfish posted:

What if your ideal Corbyn successor is a fully weaponised, luxury gay space McDonnel?

I'm not sure why but I get the vague sense of red flags wrt big john mac, and not the good kind. Are we getting mincome mcdonnel or the one that is comfortable in a room of terfs?

He could be fine. I definitely worry that we're asking a lot when we hope there are two baby boomers that aren't enemies of humanity, though, and Thornberry is part of that weird post-60 subset of the baby boomers that are significantly less terrible and rich. I want to be represented by people that will actually be alive for the bad bits of climate change. It should be a visceral terror that burns fear from the soul and leaves only bloodlust and the drive to revolution, not a bad policy problem.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

mumsnet has been a frequent site of e-campaigning in elections going back a while, a politician posting on there a few times to drum up some support ain't some new thing and it is not indicative of them being a terf. it is indicative of them being... a politician.

especially since most mumsnet users are not actually terfs, or don't seem to indicate that they even know what a terf is or could be. the site gets a lot of users, and the terfs are largely restricted to the 'feminism' section'. that's like saying all goons are deep into collecting firearms, because SA has a subforum for people who own firearms.

it's a big forum for what is mostly casual chat and drama. there are absolutely terfs on there, mind, and they should be shouted down at all possible avenues. i would just slow down before you accuse every poster on there of being a terf and a lot of associations with the site as being a pro-terf conspiracy, since a lot of stuff on there is discussing who max branning is sneaking into bed with or some minor grievance with their child which has been blown way out of proportion.

e; to illustrate the perceived importance of mumsnet to people who probably aren't terfs, you can find frozen goods targeted at kids (and adult children) in supermarkets with "mumsnet approved" labelled on them. the site has some reach and influence with an audience who can be hard for male politicians to reach - mothers. that is why they sometimes do a spot on there. it is publicity.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 12, 2019

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if they keep having meaningful votes do they keep getting more and more meaningful or does the meaningfulness sort of plateau off somewhere around "extremely meaningful"?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

WhatEvil posted:

Lol I'm sure I remember arguing with "her" a couple of months back and calling out the account as an obvious fake then.

Yeah it's so blatantly manufactured as a melt response to Harry Leslie Smith, except they had to over-egg the pudding and go "Oh yeah also I'm a black woman" because in their minds black women are the most privileged people on Earth.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

I don't subscribe to The Spectator because I'm not a racist so can't read this, but cant believe The Spectator, the magazine that platforms Taki & Rod Liddle & Brendan O'Neill, aren't giving John McDonnell a charitable writeup.

Are you kidding? He was making transphobic dogwhistles, the spectator loving loved it.

I'm glad Corbyn can moderate this stuff and I think the leadership needs someone like John McDonnell nearby as a radical voice to say poo poo Corbyn can't, but I don't want him as leader ever

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spangly A posted:

I'm not sure why but I get the vague sense of red flags wrt big john mac, and not the good kind. Are we getting mincome mcdonnel or the one that is comfortable in a room of terfs?

He could be fine. I definitely worry that we're asking a lot when we hope there are two baby boomers that aren't enemies of humanity, though, and Thornberry is part of that weird post-60 subset of the baby boomers that are significantly less terrible and rich. I want to be represented by people that will actually be alive for the bad bits of climate change. It should be a visceral terror that burns fear from the soul and leaves only bloodlust and the drive to revolution, not a bad policy problem.

Unfortunately basically every political figure in that age range is at best a cruise-missile liberal. The people of my generation were told (and had reason to believe) in those crucial mid-teens to mid-twenties years that form the majority of your political opinions that the world was a solved problem, and all we have to do is little tweaks and let the inevitable and benevolent tide of history lift everyone up.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Jam man's house - it's the one with the blue door as far as I've been able to ascertain.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1281230/Jeremy-Corbyn-refused-speak-journalists-doorstepped-him.html

Sorry about the mail link, but that's a vid of corbs being doorstepped and coming out of his house. His is the one in the middle with the wooden fence and the vines or whatever.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

XMNN posted:

if they keep having meaningful votes do they keep getting more and more meaningful or does the meaningfulness sort of plateau off somewhere around "extremely meaningful"?

When the ERG guy was asking what reality is, this was why. Eventually parliament is going to cast such a meaningful vote that it will rewrite reality.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Need a gif of Jezza sensually playing with his nose.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Apraxin posted:

Literally all of parliament: your deal will fail, you must resign, in the name of god go
TMay: so what you’re saying is that I should stay on and try again in another couple of weeks
https://mobile.twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1105502029877776385

She'll definitely do this.

No way does she call a vote on No Deal tomorrow, because then she'd have to decide which way to whip and lose half her cabinet. Never gonna happen.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Two loving years and it comes down to this. This is the best we can do:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/1105538433383088128

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Right, but the tide hadn't told cnut multiple times that he could withdraw from the beach at any time.

Also, and people forget this, Canute did his thing specifically to demonstrate the limits of his power. He didn't ever think it would actually work, the whole point was 'I don't have the power to make this happen '.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Holy poo poo, Starmer is deadass doing Darlek impressions at May.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

JFairfax posted:

What did you buy with your winnings from betting on Brexit to win the referendum?

If this is supposed to be some sort of attack, lol. I bet on the public voting to shoot itself in the genitals, and I made £40.

If it was a genuine question - I bought an Extra large kebab with chilli sauce and lettuce (after no sleep because I was watching the results and associated events, like I did with the american election) and then a few days later after the reality set in I bought a large KFC bucket so I could pretend that my extremely frequent pants making GBS threads was food poisoning rather than sheer brexit related terror.

In other news that KFC gave me the shits for two years and it hasn't let up yet.

The kebab was quite nice though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How much chicken did you loving eat for £40?!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

learnincurve posted:

I only heard a bit of her speaking when it was on pm and she sounded like a malfunctioning robot, which is unfortunate for someone as robotic as her

lol

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Kier Starmer's hobby: making documentaries from old stock footage.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

tbh if mcdonnell can get transphobes to vote for corbyn, defeating their whole agenda, i'm all fer it

not super comfortable calling all transphobes TERFs also, TERF is an actual intellectual tendency which is transphobic. you wouldn't catch The Donald in a term encompassing radical feminism, for example

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

KFC's expensive.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

learnincurve posted:

lol u wot?

No, really? God drat we live in the stupidest timeline.

This government has been the best advert in favour of anarchism in decades.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
So are we doing predictions for this vote in a few min

I predict May's deal will lose by... 140 votes

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Find a place that does an actually not poo poo kebab with real meat and spices and has proper salad with all the pickled poo poo. Get that with piles of veg in a wrap if possible with no sauce at all. 10x better than anything doused in sauce.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Steve2911 posted:

Wait a year or two and you'll be asking the same question but for different reasons

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MrFlibble posted:

If this is supposed to be some sort of attack, lol. I bet on the public voting to shoot itself in the genitals, and I made £40.

If it was a genuine question - I bought an Extra large kebab with chilli sauce and lettuce (after no sleep because I was watching the results and associated events, like I did with the american election) and then a few days later after the reality set in I bought a large KFC bucket so I could pretend that my extremely frequent pants making GBS threads was food poisoning rather than sheer brexit related terror.

In other news that KFC gave me the shits for two years and it hasn't let up yet.

The kebab was quite nice though.

Solid way to spend your winnings.

If there is a second referendum will you canvas for remain?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Mr.Tophat posted:

What is a honky? Does Brum have one?

Not since it became a Caliphate, no.

Edit: literally just ordered the 'every kebab we do fat lad special' and extra hummus from Just Eat let's see what Cambridge has to offer

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wasn't the vote supposed to happen at 3? Any chance its gonna get pushed back even more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Steve2911 posted:

The kebab was about a tenner with a bottle of diet coke* and the KFC bucket was twenty (but I did in fact eat it all myself. I was massively out of balance after the brexit vote and my bet was supposed to be the old at least you'll get something out of this horrifying turn of events)

*I prefer the taste most times, its not just about keeping my chubby figure from becoming a planetoid figure.