Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Also why is there a lady who wants to gently caress a ball, what is wrong with you. Then you want to gently caress a guardian? This thread title is on point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

track day bro! posted:

Also why is there a lady who wants to gently caress a ball, what is wrong with you. Then you want to gently caress a guardian? This thread title is on point.

game is good

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

track day bro! posted:

OP you've seen that ball right? You've seen guardians right?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

track day bro! posted:

this is the franchise that spawned Tingle and you're tryna shame a lady for the perfectly natural urge of wanting to bone a robot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do you think the Guardians music is something we hear as a player or do they have integrated speakers and blast it as soon as they sense anything moving.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
... drat you, now I'm not going to be able to imagine anything else.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I think LINK can hear the music, but it's a synesthesia thing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's neither- Link being able to hear the BGM is a minor side effect of carrying the Triforce of Courage.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A warning system built in to the Sheikah Slate, but why did the ancients made it spoopy piano music instead of just a voice being like "angry guardian nearby"

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Has anyone talked about the great fairies yet? Just... why... What part of that makes sense?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you were the right age when you first played Ocarina of Time, you'd understand perfectly

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Having never played OoT (we had a ps2, not an N64) what the gently caress am I looking at? Cheetah stripper throwing confetti?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hutzpah posted:

Having never played OoT (we had a ps2, not an N64) what the gently caress am I looking at? Cheetah stripper throwing confetti?

Context clues not your thing?

That is one of the Great Fairies. They appeared out of their fountains with semi-sexual screeching laughter and then looked like that, in various suggestive poses, triangle tits and all.

Point is that there is a history here (fairies in WW were very different, though so there is also some variety)

Here is some official artwork from MM:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

That’s what great faeries looked like back then. Their current form is a vast improvement.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Looks like I should be impressed with how toned down they are, by comparison.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

*getting dragged away from the doors of nintendo hq* "LET ME gently caress THE ORB, YOU COWARDS!"

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

MokBa posted:

I think LINK can hear the music, but it's a synesthesia thing.

Everyone can hear the music. All the music. Besides the networked guardians, towers and shrines, the ancient Sheikah also stuck a bunch of speakers all over the place. To the people of Hyrule, this is just how the world has always been.

Breath of the Wild is a cautionary tale about IoT devices.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

That's what great faeries looked like back then. Their current form is a vast improvement.

I'm still fond of their design in Wind Waker:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kaysette posted:

*getting dragged away from the doors of nintendo hq* "LET ME gently caress THE ORB, YOU COWARDS!"

Buddy, they won’t even let me gently caress the orb

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Buddy, they won’t even let me gently caress the orb

You should just take matters into your own hand

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The Bloop posted:

A warning system built in to the Sheikah Slate, but why did the ancients made it spoopy piano music instead of just a voice being like "angry guardian nearby"

In case you were with people you wanted to ditch whenever a Guardian came in range.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Runcible Cat posted:

In case you were with people you wanted to ditch whenever a Guardian came in range.

Sorry, gotta take this call, bye

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

oh god they're even pointier than I remembered :gonk:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Straight White Shark posted:

oh god they're even pointier than I remembered :gonk:

n64 games have not aged well. best to leave that nostalgia in my head and not try to replay them without remastering.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

track day bro! posted:

Holy poo poo, I just remembered that I found this lady way back at the start of my game, when I was an idiot weakling who didn't know anything about anything, and I don't think I ever went back there to figure out how to get the ball away from her and open up the shrine. Thanks, this inches me one step closer to total shrine completion!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

track day bro! posted:

:orb:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Cattail Prophet posted:

Holy poo poo, I just remembered that I found this lady way back at the start of my game, when I was an idiot weakling who didn't know anything about anything, and I don't think I ever went back there to figure out how to get the ball away from her and open up the shrine. Thanks, this inches me one step closer to total shrine completion!

Help a brother out who has 116 shrines. I don't exactly remember this one. What's the name? Region?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

TraderStav posted:

Help a brother out who has 116 shrines. I don't exactly remember this one. What's the name? Region?

If I remember right she’s on the beach towards the far southwest of the jungle region, next to a tall stone pillar.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

TraderStav posted:

Shoqta Tatone. Puffer Beach

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

track day bro! posted:

I played this game for 200 hours, beat Ganon and all the dlc and found 116 shrines before I found this lady. This game owns.

Edit: whoa what's up "ball bae is my 117th shrine" buddy

DanZX
May 5, 2015

maltesh posted:

The best thing about the item-tossing Korok puzzles? Stasis Rune works on them.

What!?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

I played this game for 200 hours, beat Ganon and all the dlc and found 116 shrines before I found this lady. This game owns.

Edit: whoa what's up "ball bae is my 117th shrine" buddy

:whatup:

Just looked up the quest description and definitely didn't do that one! 3 more after this to find!

Any shrines associated with the giant golf game in the trench? Anything of real value in that trench? I found whatever obvious shrines are there but it's a friggin wasteland otherwise. I did get the forgotten temple at the far end of it.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

The Bloop posted:

A warning system built in to the Sheikah Slate, but why did the ancients made it spoopy piano music instead of just a voice being like "YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO COMPLY"

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Kaysette posted:

n64 games have not aged well. best to leave that nostalgia in my head and not try to replay them without remastering.

Depends on the game, if you ask me - it's very much a style thing

Honestly, OoT and MM look like garbage today, although MM has an edge since it's much weirder and stylish in general

But then there's games like Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie or Paper Mario, which look pretty great despite the janky mess of sharp-cornered textures that is any given N64 scene. Might just be because those are especially stylish/cartoony/wobbly

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

TraderStav posted:

:whatup:

Just looked up the quest description and definitely didn't do that one! 3 more after this to find!

Any shrines associated with the giant golf game in the trench? Anything of real value in that trench? I found whatever obvious shrines are there but it's a friggin wasteland otherwise. I did get the forgotten temple at the far end of it.

No Shrine for the golf game. Re: trench, I don't remember if it's that trench but there is a trench that definitely has something good at the bottom.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

If there isn't a mod that replaces the Guardian's noises with lines from Robocop then there drat well should be.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

No Shrine for the golf game. Re: trench, I don't remember if it's that trench but there is a trench that definitely has something good at the bottom.

The trench I'm referring to is the really really long one that cuts through Tabantha and ends in the Forgotten temple. Can you be more specific to what you're referring to? I'm at the stage of shrine hunting that I'm not too worried about being spoiled as that takes a backseat to playing for 15 hours hunting for one hidden crevasse I missed.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
The shrine that always tripped me was the one inside Hyrule Castle. It was my very last one. I have to admit, I just kinda assumed they wouldn't put a shrine actually inside the final dungeon. I'm not sure why.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
That was surprising but I stumbled upon it somewhat early. What shrines tripped me up to find are the like ten shrines deep down in chasm sides. Far enough down that the radar doesn’t ping them from the surface, and a few of them don’t seem to have any environmental tells that something cool is there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, there's definitely a few that unless you're paying a lot of attention, you're just not going to see them. Especially if you fly over them on a rainy/foggy/snowy day.

Some of them I went past them before I was in the habit of marking everything down in the map so of course 30 hours later I'm not going to remember about that weird thing I saw once while I was trying not to freeze to death.