Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for getting upset after my boyfriend misspelled my name on his tattoo?

I'm sure there's a Gunhilde out there so the tattoo won't go to waste.

I used to work with a woman a long time ago who wanted to get some phrase in greek tattooed on her upper back. This was the Altavista and Ask Jeeves days so translation resources were not as good as they are now. She put whatever she wanted tattooed into some online translation tool and took the results to the tattoo shop and got it done. A couple weeks after she was at work and the friend of a coworker was there and they happened to be able to read greek. She apparently got an error message in greek tattooed on her back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Edit for some clarification- Like some commenters have mentioned, I’m on their insurance which is probably the biggest issue in them not finding out about it if I were to need blood. There’s also a “no blood transfusion” card that they force me to keep in my wallet at all times. And they check that it’s there regularly.

Jehovah's Witness?

No, blood transfusion!

Also out of curiosity could a Jehovah's Witness store their own blood and receive it in transfusion if they anticipated an upcoming surgery?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blade Runner posted:

Insecurity over titty size is the same exact thing as insecurity over dick size and if you tell your partner about it you are equally bad, but you're also pretty bad if you start hounding your partner about whether or not you're big enough

Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to

It's hard not to be insecure in his girlfriend's shoes when she's hounded left and right by TV shows, movies, ads, books, social media, gross rude idiots, and basically all of society telling her she's inferior and not enough of a woman because she doesn't have huge bazongas. Like yeah, insecurity is slightly annoying and not particularly attractive, but I can't blame her for feeling that way... and it's also kind of her partner's job to regularly reassure her that she's beautiful and sexy etc to him. They've been going out for 3 years, so she should care about her self-esteem and mental well-being a little bit!

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 12, 2019

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

See this is why it needs to be illegal to deny kids medical services based on your own dumbass beliefs.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

cumshitter posted:

Jehovah's Witness?

No, blood transfusion!

Also out of curiosity could a Jehovah's Witness store their own blood and receive it in transfusion if they anticipated an upcoming surgery?

That's also against the rules. I think they either give them EPO or they just die from bleeding to death.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Bet the tattoo isn’t Japanese at all, it’s probably her name in English but with a font that makes the letters look slightly oriental

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Vim Fuego posted:

It is terrible advice. Like, he's had a 5 year relationship with this woman. Just because he's bisexual and used to sleep around & her dad's a piece of poo poo doesn't mean he needs to dump her. He should TELL HER, and have the awkward-rear end conversation, but it's not like the dad is ever going to admit it voluntarily.

Well, he knows her better than we do and can make a better guess at how she'll react to "Take a deep breath honey, I had a slut phase before I met you and one of the guys I banged was your dad", but yeah, either that or, "jeez, what the gently caress is your dad's problem", stare dad's adulterous rear end down and take that poo poo to his grave.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Please tell her you banged her dad and then tell me about what happens after

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

If we're going for the full disaster option, then I must reiterate my suggestion for OP to bang his gf's mother first, and then tell them. Go for the love rhombus. Really keep it in the family.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Runcible Cat posted:

Well, he knows her better than we do and can make a better guess at how she'll react to "Take a deep breath honey, I had a slut phase before I met you and one of the guys I banged was your dad", but yeah, either that or, "jeez, what the gently caress is your dad's problem", stare dad's adulterous rear end down and take that poo poo to his grave.

yeah. I would hope there's no one that would react *well*, and taking it to your grave is totally a valid option. But it's a big gamble!

DemoneeHo posted:

If we're going for the full disaster option, then I must reiterate my suggestion for OP to bang his gf's mother first, and then tell them. Go for the love rhombus. Really keep it in the family.

a true power move

edit:
Worst response he could get to "Take a deep breath honey, I had a slut phase before I met you and one of the guys I banged was your dad" is she says "You banged my dad? That's ok, so did I!"

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Haifisch posted:

Approved over $10K in CC charges at a strip club while extremely intoxicated.
Imagine being so hosed up that you

1) spend $10k on seeing some titties
2) are so blackout drunk you don't remember
3) are in the kind of shady club that will happily milk of you said money
4) are in the kind of shady club that will finger print you as some kind of proof that you consented (a finger print isn't hard to get from someone that's almost unconcious???)

But hey, at least he admitted he has an alcohol problem!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That's a nuclear level argument winner right there that he should save for a special occasion.

"Oh yeah!? Well I topped your dad!!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Dad is an infamous power bottom

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I met my girlfriend’s parents – and realised I once slept with her father

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...re_iOSApp_Other

Tell him you're gonna gently caress her mom too, go for the triple!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

PancakeTransmission posted:

Imagine being so hosed up that you

1) spend $10k on seeing some titties
4) are in the kind of shady club that will finger print you as some kind of proof that you consented (a finger print isn't hard to get from someone that's almost unconcious???)

But hey, at least he admitted he has an alcohol problem!

This situation has come up enough and the clubs seem to win every time. They must get challenged on it every time some drunk rear end in a top hat wants the VIP package that they are incredibly thorough in the "we are trying to avoid kicking this guy out but he wants what he wants" evidence collection.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

PancakeTransmission posted:

Ummm have you ever been to a strip club because these parts are SOP

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

[OK] My puppy and I were attacked by two pitbulls. My puppy died, and I had to go to the emergency room. The owner of the dogs refuse to pay my medical bills.

She should just get her attorney to get his insurance information. Forget suing him, go after that sweet sweet liability money!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

My friend went on a Tinder date with a guy whose profile said he was 6'5". When she met him, it turns out he was 5'6". She pointed this out to him, and he got incredibly insulted and that it was "obviously a joke" that he put 6'5" on his profile. I wonder how many very brief first dates that guy went on? Being short does horrible things to men's brains.

Hahaha, one time a guy's profile listed him as 'muscular'. I meet up with him, and dude had about as much muscle tone as Poppin' Fresh. When I mentioned it, he got mad too and said 'I wasn't being serious'.

He then spent the entire time telling me how he once banged a woman on a subway platform and only ever got one STD in his life, I guess to try and prove to me he could still get laid despite being out of shape?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hahaha, one time a guy's profile listed him as 'muscular'. I meet up with him, and dude had about as much muscle tone as Poppin' Fresh. When I mentioned it, he got mad too and said 'I wasn't being serious'.

i once saw a girl's dating site profile where she said that no one should swipe right on her unless they were 8 feet tall and made at least 15 million dollars a year and had four cars and were an astronaut firefighter with a phd.

i understood this to be a joke, because it was an obviously facetious level of exaggeration, unlike "i said i was muscular but really am not!!!! hahahahahah PRANKED"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
That was seriously dumb of her, she should have held out for an astronaut VETERINARIAN. Not risking his life all the time plus a constant supply of baby animals??? Hello duh

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

LadyPictureShow posted:

He then spent the entire time telling me how he once banged a woman on a subway platform and only ever got one STD in his life, I guess to try and prove to me he could still get laid despite being out of shape?

Hahaha! Man, the countless stories posted in this thread about immature idiot guys are unbelievable and confirms yet again all you need for more than adequate relationship success is be a reasonably mature dude with your life decently together and you'll be fine. 😂😂

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My felon twin sister used my passport to travel without my knowledge

quote:

I've wanted to post my story on here to see if anyone can help or give me any advice on what could possibly happen.

So I have an identical twin sister who is a felon. Both 26[f] It's crazy to know how different we are in ways. She got caught up with the wrong friends in highschool and got into some bad things like doing drugs, not going home, always high. After highschool, she caught a case (agg Rob) and did some time. After she got out, she got into this pattern of just feeling low and ended up going back to prison. It seemed like every time we were happy to see her out, we had to prepare for the worst because we never knew what to expect since she was always looking for drugs and being addicted for years. I even have called the cops on her because she was suicidal after coming from a binge, it was really scary at the time. During her time in prison though, I went abroad to the Philippines and finished college. After I finished college, I went back home to Texas.

After being back in Texas for a few months, I just watched my sister deteriorate her life. She was on parole at this time, still on drugs. She was really high one night with friends in the car and caught a case (evading arrest). She then had to go to court and do time for this also. My dad had bailed her out and during this time, few weeks later she had the guts to use my passport and travel to the Philippines (we have family there as well) without my knowledge. She left the day when she had her court date, which was last year. I was so scared of what could happen because I have a career and a professional license under my name. I then called a lawyer and got some advice from him but all he said was to tell her to come back to America and me get a new passport.

I reported my passport stolen/lost and applied to get a new one. Two weeks later, I had my new passport. I spoke to my sister and she was so lost as she was withdrawing from all the drugs. She regretted stealing and using my passport for her gain and wanted to go back to America and do her time. Since it was her third case, she would be considered a habitual and get more time...so I eventually tell her to make whatever decision will make her feel better because it is her life.

I recently traveled to the Philippines in December due to my continued studies. In the airport, I was stopped by two cops at my boarding gate and they questioned me about the situation and had to verify that I wasn't her. They confirmed by tattoos. They knew that she left America, I was assuming. They knew I had renewed my passport also. They let me go and I got on the plane.

Now I'm in the Philippines and my sister told me there is no way she is going back to America. She has been off drugs since July of 2018 (when she stole my passport and traveled). I was angry when it started but deep down, I am now truly grateful she had the guts to do this all this to make her life better. She totally did a 360. She is drug free and she's her own person again.

She's an adult, she will do what she wants. I just still worry about what can happen to her if she goes back to America. Will anything happen to me? The cops told me she's not an Interpol case which means it's not an international case.

What if she traveled to different countries (except America) with a Philippines passport?

Thanks for reading my posts and let me know what you think.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA she took back her “yes”

quote:

My girlfriend (I guess ex girlfriend now) and I went on a cruise together and I decided to propose. I set it up at the end of a show with a photographer and everything and popped the question and she said yes! I was so elated, on cloud nine, it was like a dream. We got champagne and took pictures and then went back to the room and she dropped the ball on me— she didn’t want to actually marry me.

I was so horribly broken in that moment. I cried and asked why she would lead me on like this, and she got upset and said it was my fault for planning a public proposal without discussing engagement with her first. She said we were moving too quickly and she wasn’t ready. I told her she should have told me so instead of getting my hopes up and shattering them later. She refused to listen or agree. I ended our relationship right then because I can’t overlook such insensitivity like this. AITA or is she?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

HMS Beagle posted:

You are the rear end in a top hat. Don't propose without talking about it thoroughly first and sure as poo poo don't do a public proposal unless that is specifically what your partner wants.

She should have shot you down in public to embarrass the gently caress out of you though.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

If you're a tone deaf moron who doesn't know how the hell to behave, absolutely never subjecting your partner to poo poo that happens in sitcoms and rom coms is probably a good rule to start with

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

HMS Beagle posted:

Mm yess, so good

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Clark Nova posted:

If you're a tone deaf moron who doesn't know how the hell to behave, absolutely never subjecting your partner to poo poo that happens in sitcoms and rom coms is probably a good rule to start with

also, for the purposes of this sanity-test, you’re a tone deaf moron. No, you are. You are, I don’t care how slick you think you’re being or that you asked her dad and her sister. You saw it in a movie, so don’t do it. Youre not that one dude who can pull it off, idiot. You moron, you absolute Buffoon

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

weird, proposing on a boat usually helps, because of the implication

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

HMS Beagle posted:

quote:

My girlfriend (I guess ex girlfriend now) and I went on a cruise together and I decided to propose.

I'd like to highlight that this wording implies he made the decision to propose after the cruise had started. Also he doesn't mention bringing or having a ring. I think this might have been a plan days if not hours in the making.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My favorite awkward detail is that he broke up with her while they were still on the cruise and sharing a room. Excellent decision-making skills all around.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'd like to highlight that this wording implies he made the decision to propose after the cruise had started. Also he doesn't mention bringing or having a ring. I think this might have been a plan days if not hours in the making.

Hey they got jewelry stores on the boat ...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Hey they got jewelry stores on the boat ...

I was thinking that if he had bought one, he would have mentioned it to help his story elicit the sympathy he's looking for, but okay, maybe he just thought that buying and immediately returning an engagement ring from a cruise ship jewelry store went without saying.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Haifisch posted:

My felon twin sister used my passport to travel without my knowledge

I want to correct her on saying her sister "did a full 360", but I can't help but think that'll turn out to be accidentally accurate.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

My friend went on a Tinder date with a guy whose profile said he was 6'5". When she met him, it turns out he was 5'6". She pointed this out to him, and he got incredibly insulted and that it was "obviously a joke" that he put 6'5" on his profile. I wonder how many very brief first dates that guy went on? Being short does horrible things to men's brains.

Actually, the unrealistic expectations put on men by other men does horrible things to men's brains.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Going to a country with the death penalty for drugs is an effective way to stay clean i guess

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

datajugend posted:

Going to a country with the death penalty for drugs is an effective way to stay clean i guess

A real "do or die" proposition.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Dude who’s not 6’ is a cool perspective reversal of the usual “I told my partner they don’t have what I usually find physically attractive and they’re unhappy with me for some reason?” posts like the small b^bs post

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Actually, the unrealistic expectations put on men by other men does horrible things to men's brains.

Yeah saying what’s his name to somebody growing up is why people become puas

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's hard not to be insecure in his girlfriend's shoes when she's hounded left and right by TV shows, movies, ads, books, social media, gross rude idiots, and basically all of society telling her she's inferior and not enough of a woman because she doesn't have huge bazongas. Like yeah, insecurity is slightly annoying and not particularly attractive, but I can't blame her for feeling that way... and it's also kind of her partner's job to regularly reassure her that she's beautiful and sexy etc to him. They've been going out for 3 years, so she should care about her self-esteem and mental well-being a little bit!

Eh, you could use this argument in regards to guys with height/dick size. And we still make fun of them for a reason, like society has a big part to play of course, but you still have to figure stuff out and not let every insecurity ruin things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Her partner of 3 years doesn't even want to have sex facing her!!!! because her breasts are too small for his taste. That is insane. She is not insane for feeling extremely weird because of it