Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

DemoneeHo posted:

Pretend that an anthropomorphic lemon is loving your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for getting upset after my boyfriend misspelled my name on his tattoo?

quote:

My boyfriend [32] got my [28] name tattooed on his arm in Japanese. I’m 100% Japanese so I obviously see why he chose the language but I really wish he confirmed or did more research because it doesn’t even say my name. He got home 2 days ago from his trip and excitedly showed me the “surprise” he’s been talking about for a week but wouldn’t tell me what it was. Honestly, I have no idea how to feel about it on one hand it was a sweet gesture that didn’t go well, but on the other hand I’m kinda upset that it doesn’t say my name. Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

quote:

INFO

How wrong is it? Like Marie vs Mary or more like Marie vs. Gunhilde?

quote:

Marie vs. Gunhilde.

I'm sure there's a Gunhilde out there so the tattoo won't go to waste.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Araenna posted:

Also, guy who hosed his girlfriend's dad has no reason to listen to him. He's the one with all the power here, he can hold it over dad's head forever.

Pamela Stephenson Connelly consistently gives the worst, blandest advice possible.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
hahaha, that's an incredible fuckup

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

DemoneeHo posted:

LMAO

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Runcible Cat posted:

Pamela Stephenson Connelly consistently gives the worst, blandest advice possible.

It is terrible advice. Like, he's had a 5 year relationship with this woman. Just because he's bisexual and used to sleep around & her dad's a piece of poo poo doesn't mean he needs to dump her. He should TELL HER, and have the awkward-rear end conversation, but it's not like the dad is ever going to admit it voluntarily.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
AITA for breaking up after my gf showed me her old tinder account?

quote:

Met my gf from a mutual friend about 4 months ago. Everything was going great.

My gf asks why I was single for so long and I told her it was because I was wrapped up in school and work, trying to get my poo poo together. Although that was true, what I didn't tell her is that I had mostly given up on dating because of the insecurity with my height, so I just focused on my own goals/happiness.

Eventually the conversation veers toward her dating experiences. She shows me her tinder account (it was inactive for nearly the whole time we dated) and all the weirdo messages she got.

She showed me her profile and bio and it totally took the wind out of my sails.

"Be over 6' 🙄"

It didn't really sink in until she left but I was confused and hurt.

I've made peace with the fact that some women have a preference (some more like a requirement) for tall men. Of course I was butthurt when I first learned this trend but accepted it in this sense: 'I want a girl attracted to me, if these women aren't attracted to me then thats that'

I don't want to compensate for my height. I don't want to be someone's consolation prize.

No she has this preference and she should stick to her convictions.

I broke up with her and she says i'm the rear end in a top hat for not explaining why we broke up. I don't think she would understand (bring on the "wHoA oP iS sO iNsEcuRe" bullshit)

She likes tall guys, i'm short so i'm moving on

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Runcible Cat posted:

honestly, if you're gonna just completely gently caress it up for entertainment purposes why not go for the devil's triangle angle

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Vim Fuego posted:

She was just showing you how great you are that she broke her rule to date you.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

dudeness posted:

She was just showing you how great you are that she broke her rule to date you.

"Yeah I shot myself in the dick, but it was MY choice and I'm good with it."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the 6' thing is the mark of a deeply obnoxious person but otoh it would've filtered out months of Gimli here nipping at her heels like a territorial chihuahua over every imaginary judgement of him he can conjure up

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DemoneeHo posted:

I hope instead of Marie it was "Dumb White Guy"

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Vim Fuego posted:

Lmao, how insecure and cowardly can you be?

He's short in height and short in maturity.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DemoneeHo posted:

Lmao, how insecure and cowardly can you be?

He's short in height and short in maturity.

op posted:

5'6"

So a full half foot of what she needs

:qq:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

[OK] My puppy and I were attacked by two pitbulls. My puppy died, and I had to go to the emergency room. The owner of the dogs refuse to pay my medical bills.

On November 3rd of 2018, a little over two weeks after my wedding, I took Remus on a walk at around 5:15 am. Remus was a very energetic puppy, so I would have to take him on a walk first thing in the morning to tire him out. We live in a very safe neighborhood in a very safe town in Oklahoma, so I wasn't worried about our safety.

About 10 minutes into our walk, two pitbulls turned onto the street and immediately attacked and killed my 11-month-old puppy. I sustained cuts on my hands from trying to protect my puppy, and a bite on my thigh.

My wife took me to the emergency room, and I got staples put into my leg and a tetanus shot.

Later that morning, an officer came by our house and told us that the owner of the dogs neglected to lock the pitbulls up correctly, and this wasn't the first time that those pitbulls have attacked another dog. The dogs were returned to the owner, and our city ordered them to be euthanized after 10 days time. The dogs were euthanized on November 13th.

Fast forward to December. The owner had a hearing, and was ordered to pay my medical bills (~$500) for an exchange for me not to sue him. He told the city attorney that he wasn't going to pay, and he hasn't. My wife and I were going to take him to small claims court, but we fear that, even if we win, the guy will not pay. We are worried that if we pursue this, it will just be a waste of time, and open up the possibility for the owner to sue us back.

My wife and I can't afford to hire an attorney, but I just can't let it go. It has been several months, and I still think about what happened every single day. I know that accidents happen, but this wasn't the first time this has happened with the owner, I don't want to let him get away with such negligence.

Would it be worth it to continue to pursue legal action? If we took him to small claims court and won, would he have to pay my medical bill? What would the consequences be of refusing to pay?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Man, I remember the time I dated a 5'6" incredibly immature guy...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My husband and I entered a contract instead of getting a divorce. We entered a contract stating I couldn’t see other people (including brothers & best friends) and he will give me a place to live, money for expenses, and rights to see my kids. Can I break this contract?

State of New York. Originally from Bangladesh but now a citizen of the United States. Any advice would help on how to get out of this. Thank you!

UPDATE: I didn’t get a divorce at the time because it was frowned upon in the culture. Can anyone recommend me a court or judge that would help me break my contract?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

After seeing kids getting vaccinated against their parents wishes, I’m wondering if I can do the same thing but for a blood transfusion.

Lately I’ve been seeing that some kids are getting vaccinated without parental consent, which has made me wonder how I could go about consenting to a blood transfusion for myself without my parents knowledge.

I’m 15, and have a medical condition that requires a couple surgeries every year or so. My parents are Jehovah’s Witness, and always say I can’t have a blood transfusion even if I would die without one. I think their religion is absolutely crazy and I don’t want to die because of not getting blood, but I can’t tell them this or I’ll be “disfellowshipped” and shunned.

Is there any way for me to consent to a transfusion for myself without them finding out about it? I’m honestly terrified that some day I’m going to die because of a stupid cult rule that I don’t even agree with.

I live in Oregon if that makes a difference.

Edit for some clarification- Like some commenters have mentioned, I’m on their insurance which is probably the biggest issue in them not finding out about it if I were to need blood. There’s also a “no blood transfusion” card that they force me to keep in my wallet at all times. And they check that it’s there regularly.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My husband and I entered a contract instead of getting a divorce. We entered a contract stating I couldn’t see other people (including brothers & best friends) and he will give me a place to live, money for expenses, and rights to see my kids. Can I break this contract?

State of New York. Originally from Bangladesh but now a citizen of the United States. Any advice would help on how to get out of this. Thank you!

UPDATE: I didn’t get a divorce at the time because it was frowned upon in the culture. Can anyone recommend me a court or judge that would help me break my contract?

I first thought this meant she couldn't see other people like, in a dating way. But I think it actually means she's got to be locked away and isn't allowed to even talk to her family and friends?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smirking_Serpent posted:

[OK] My puppy and I were attacked by two pitbulls. My puppy died, and I had to go to the emergency room. The owner of the dogs refuse to pay my medical bills.

On November 3rd of 2018, a little over two weeks after my wedding, I took Remus on a walk at around 5:15 am. Remus was a very energetic puppy, so I would have to take him on a walk first thing in the morning to tire him out. We live in a very safe neighborhood in a very safe town in Oklahoma, so I wasn't worried about our safety.

About 10 minutes into our walk, two pitbulls turned onto the street and immediately attacked and killed my 11-month-old puppy. I sustained cuts on my hands from trying to protect my puppy, and a bite on my thigh.

My wife took me to the emergency room, and I got staples put into my leg and a tetanus shot.

Later that morning, an officer came by our house and told us that the owner of the dogs neglected to lock the pitbulls up correctly, and this wasn't the first time that those pitbulls have attacked another dog. The dogs were returned to the owner, and our city ordered them to be euthanized after 10 days time. The dogs were euthanized on November 13th.

Fast forward to December. The owner had a hearing, and was ordered to pay my medical bills (~$500) for an exchange for me not to sue him. He told the city attorney that he wasn't going to pay, and he hasn't. My wife and I were going to take him to small claims court, but we fear that, even if we win, the guy will not pay. We are worried that if we pursue this, it will just be a waste of time, and open up the possibility for the owner to sue us back.

My wife and I can't afford to hire an attorney, but I just can't let it go. It has been several months, and I still think about what happened every single day. I know that accidents happen, but this wasn't the first time this has happened with the owner, I don't want to let him get away with such negligence.

Would it be worth it to continue to pursue legal action? If we took him to small claims court and won, would he have to pay my medical bill? What would the consequences be of refusing to pay?

What would the owner be able to sue back with? He was negligent with his dogs.

And should have been euthed alongside them.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

Haha, goddamn, that’s amazing. I think there are like a million different ways to write a lot of Japanese names that all have the same name (so, for instance, “Taro”, the Japanese equivalent to “John”, might have 3 different Kanji it could be written as.) so that even if he did research on her name he wouldn’t have any guarantee of getting it right.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

After seeing kids getting vaccinated against their parents wishes, I’m wondering if I can do the same thing but for a blood transfusion.

Lately I’ve been seeing that some kids are getting vaccinated without parental consent, which has made me wonder how I could go about consenting to a blood transfusion for myself without my parents knowledge.

I’m 15, and have a medical condition that requires a couple surgeries every year or so. My parents are Jehovah’s Witness, and always say I can’t have a blood transfusion even if I would die without one. I think their religion is absolutely crazy and I don’t want to die because of not getting blood, but I can’t tell them this or I’ll be “disfellowshipped” and shunned.

Is there any way for me to consent to a transfusion for myself without them finding out about it? I’m honestly terrified that some day I’m going to die because of a stupid cult rule that I don’t even agree with.

Edit for some clarification- Like some commenters have mentioned, I’m on their insurance which is probably the biggest issue in them not finding out about it if I were to need blood. There’s also a “no blood transfusion” card that they force me to keep in my wallet at all times. And they check that it’s there regularly.

LOL

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

more support for the "antivax is just late-late-late-term abortion" theory

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not being attracted to my girlfriend’s body?

I made an ALT account to ask this, since a bunch of my family follow my primary one. I’m also.. not completely sure of the rules here, so I’ll try to keep it as PG as I can.

So, me and my girlfriend have been dating for almost 3 years. We have fun together, and we really care about each other. (just to keep it simple.) I will say that she’s the first thin person I’ve ever been with. She’s flat, petite and pretty short. Most of the girls I’ve been with have been on the bigger side (in the good places..) and I’ve always been a fan of ... well, a bigger ~chest~ size. This all started when me and my girlfriend were watching Netflix a few nights ago and she randomly asked me if I was okay with her having a flat chest. (She’s always been insecure about not having b*bs.) I asked why she was curious about this, and she told me she noticed that I never really had anything to say about her chest, (and that day she had been trying on lingerie and none of the ones she tried on fit her in the *chest region. That kind of put her back mental funk where she thinks she’s not attractive if she doesn’t have a certain figure.) She said she was just curious. I told her I had to be honest, and said that I’m not attracted to her chest size, and that I actually prefer bigger b-bs. It’s not a turn off, having a smaller size but not a turn on. If I’m being honest, that’s why I usually prefer she faces away from me during intercourse. She was quiet for a while, and then she said she was going to go home since she had work in the morning. She texted me later on that night and told me what I said hurt her a little. She said we’ve been dating for a while and never brought this up, and that she feels like I lied to her. I told her I didn’t know what to tell her, and that I was just being honest (I was.).

Am I being the rear end in a top hat here?

What in the heck is with these impossibly oblivious idiot men who think it's okay to put down their partner's physical attributes? Sure, maybe their girlfriend isn't the perfect fantasy woman for them, but Jesus loving Christ, why would you ever tell them that in billions of years? What is wrong with people?????!!!! :argh:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Insecurity over titty size is the same exact thing as insecurity over dick size and if you tell your partner about it you are equally bad, but you're also pretty bad if you start hounding your partner about whether or not you're big enough

Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Kid’s SOL til he’s 18 or emancipates if he wants to keep it hidden. He’ll be better off disassociating if that’s how he feels anyway.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Man, I remember the time I dated a 5'6" incredibly immature guy...

My friend went on a Tinder date with a guy whose profile said he was 6'5". When she met him, it turns out he was 5'6". She pointed this out to him, and he got incredibly insulted and that it was "obviously a joke" that he put 6'5" on his profile. I wonder how many very brief first dates that guy went on? Being short does horrible things to men's brains.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DreamingofRoses posted:

Kid’s SOL til he’s 18 or emancipates if he wants to keep it hidden. He’ll be better off disassociating if that’s how he feels anyway.

assuming you mean get ostracized by his entire community and not go crazy, probably not no

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

assuming you mean get ostracized by his entire community and not go crazy, probably not no

I mean when he’s older and able to move away or get a support system outside of the witnesses. Speaking as an inactive witness, it’s a sucky place to be in when you don’t believe any more.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Blade Runner posted:

Insecurity over titty size is the same exact thing as insecurity over dick size and if you tell your partner about it you are equally bad, but you're also pretty bad if you start hounding your partner about whether or not you're big enough

All b*bs are beautiful

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

JWs aren’t really into education in satans system so the chances of him getting away from his folks when he goes off to college are pretty low. Poor kid

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Blade Runner posted:

I'll give women more leeway in that comparison though. Breasts are infinitely more visible than a dick and thus they face judgement for it more.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

Being short does horrible things to men's brains.
You mean "blaming height for one's inability to develop a personality that isn't jaw-droppingly repellent does horrible things to little boys' brains"

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Don't tell me what I mean

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

to bring together the two threads going here about height and penis size i believe that short dudes who are insecure about their height are only insecure because they also have short penises. thank you for coming to my ted talk.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Who do you think would end up more hosed in the head, a tall guy with a small dick or a short guy with a big dick?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Who do you think would end up more hosed in the head, a tall guy with a small dick or a short guy with a big dick?

which one reads reddit

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

its commonly known that height affects length

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Necros posted:

to bring together the two threads going here about height and penis size i believe that short dudes who are insecure about their height are only insecure because they also have short penises. thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Tiny Erect Dick talk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i was 5'11" before i crushed my leg and ended up 5'7" which i would think is way worse than being naturally short because while not tall i was at least able to reach things on the top shelf for a long time.