Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit

hello!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

hey!

Jaded Burnout

*smiles and wiggles limbs*

sb hermit

Jaded Burnout posted:

*smiles and wiggles limbs*

^—

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

hamjobs posted:

MY HEALTHCARE IS IMPORTANT

ALSO DO IS MY BREAKFAST it's Scream Bees and I love it
Hooray, my terminology is catching on!

glowing-fish posted:

Hopefully, my comments in BYOB about the matter will be better received.
I enjoyed that post and didn't ban you, so maybe already better received.

FluffieDuckie

Bo-Pepper posted:

Tomorrow my neighborhood will hold a parade. Everyone will gather at Farrell's to drink. I used to love it. It was one of my favorite days of the year. But I loved it because my father loved it. And now that he's died, it's not the same. So ... I think I'll take it easy.

:sympathy:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

blaise rascal posted:

This is an amazing post

Which Morrigan is your favorite?

Honestly I'm down with Badb; she's my favorite of the Morrigna to work with and is my favorite blood-washer

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

My baby is very byob, when she looks at us we'll say "hi! hello! hey!" and she'll smile and wiggle her limbs, just like i do when someone says hello in the hello and chat thread

Put a sticker on the baby

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Bo-Pepper posted:

Tomorrow my neighborhood will hold a parade. Everyone will gather at Farrell's to drink. I used to love it. It was one of my favorite days of the year. But I loved it because my father loved it. And now that he's died, it's not the same. So ... I think I'll take it easy.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

blaise rascal posted:

This is an amazing post

Which Morrigan is your favorite?

Also I enjoy reminding people that it's almost solstice which means that Brigdhe's high time is nearly over but she's still active as well as An Dagda and that means we better start making the Mead for Mebd

BoldFrankensteinMir

TVsVeryOwn posted:

what's your gimmick?

I will be playing Colonel Robert E Lite, a southern dandy attempting to take over the league by hiring lucidores who will eventually turn against me because I'm a jerk who cheats them. It's pretty nakedly political but the writer wants to get liberal talking points across to wrassl'n fans and I think that's a fabulous idea, some people just are immune to logical arguments but that doesn't mean we get to ignore them. Perhaps me dressing like evil(er) Colonel Sanders and kayfabe monologuing about immigration and lucidores might actually reach someone? What a world.

glowing-fish posted:

The subject of urban, rural, and in-between in the United States is something I spend a lot of time thinking about. I wrote a 200 page book about it, that no one will read, not even my mother. I got banned from SA from posting in D&D about it.

Brilliant stuff! I'll read your book, if you like.

I had a friend from Australia come visit me here in Wyoming a while back. He had studied city planning and when I told him how much I hated how people live out here he got real quiet, and at the end of the conversation he told me "you know most of the world agrees with you right? Like, all these American cities West of the Mississippi are international jokes?"

That felt really nice and added another pebble of evidence to the mountain that says I would be happier somewhere else.

Goons Are Gifts

Byob, what are your strategies when feeling sad? Do you try to work it away, embrace it and do nothing, go for a walk, eat something nice or just let it happen without any change? Do you have places or people that help you trade sadness for mild happiness?

BoldFrankensteinMir

Goons Are Great posted:

Byob, what are your strategies when feeling sad? Do you try to work it away, embrace it and do nothing, go for a walk, eat something nice or just let it happen without any change? Do you have places or people that help you trade sadness for mild happiness?

Work never makes me happier so I rarely use it as a distraction and people tell me that's wrong and bad, so yeah... productivism is sort of a mixed bag. If it works for you great but I try not to let the giant ocean of projection people dump into it effect me. Like I've never met a workaholic who wasn't on some level terrified or resentful.

Walks are good. Do you play a musical instrument? Take it on a walk somewhere out of the way and play for yourself and the birds, that helps me sometimes.

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

Nosfereefer posted:

lol at having your own trainers

catch the pokemon yourself, smdh

Don’t throw a Pokéball at me. You won’t like the result.

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.
Also I’ve posted in the sig thread for those who watch that thread.

BoldFrankensteinMir

phantump21 posted:

Also I’ve posted in the sig thread for those who watch that thread.

What's a sig?

Jaded Burnout

they make me sour

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.
I mean the forum sig thread. The spring sig extravaganza thread.

redm

Bo-Pepper posted:

So yeah. Super fun night. I got to play with Bob Odenkirk so that's loving amazing. All my pictures are huge and unedited because I didn't feel like messing with them. Also I'm not covering EVERYTHING that happened because yikes. This is a general highlight.

We got there early enough to get seats. The Bell House as a venue is super casual and amazing but god help you if you get there right when the doors open because your rear end is not getting a seat and then you are standing for two hours which is fine but is distracting especially when people are just always kind of milling around and thank god I'm tall which is all I have to say about that viewing of Judge John Hodgman wait what are we talking about oh yeah.

It's the white hot core of hipster Brooklyn. Drink it in. Everyone's pretty excited!

Out come Bob and David! They're having so much fun! They really are. It's clear they enjoy working together. I'm not going to burn material they do in any substantive way, but their first bit where they make each other read movie idea descriptions they write for the other person is such a happy thing to watch. They make each other defend the terrible movie ideas that have been shoved in their hand. David justifies every movie he's given with "And we can make it cheap! So cheap!"

Hmm what's up with this guy? He sure loves stroking his beard. I wonder if he's going to do it all night long?

Anyway, after Bon and David warm things up this comic comes out. I did not track names of comics SORRY. She was great. She had a really good joke about being a self described reasonably attractive woman. Not super hot. Not ugly. And because of that she gets harassed by both hot and ugly men. Her set definitely felt code switched, because of course since this is the whitest audience that ever whited, but it wasn't worse off for it. I still wonder what her act would be like with a mixed or predominately black audience. Maybe I'm thinking too much about it!

This is the bathroom wall where I would have put a cat sticker AHH WELL.

Still strokin' dat beard.

Then Bob and David came out as their boy band 3x1-1. They had an audience member read questions for them to answer.

At one point David sang a sexy song to a cheese sandwich that also talked back to him somehow? It made sense I assure you.

Then this comic came out. Her act was almost entirely crowd work and super fun. One bit she had was she would try to guess your age by whatever sentence you said to her. One chosen audience member shouted, "I AM THIRTY SIX YEARS OLD." Everyone enjoyed it. Her last bit was having the audience shout the names of 22 birds at her. I scored one with "parakeet".

And David Cross came out for some stand up! Bob Odenkirk did a set earlier in the show but it's clearly not his strength. It doesn't matter though since this show was advertised and clearly worked as a space for them to try things out. David's a career stand up and it shows. He's amazing. He closed talking about some of the terrible baby books out there. One being "Woke Baby" as in socially conscious baby.

Bonus: Stroke dat beard son!

And to close things out Bob and David did some more back and forth stuff. Finally they closed on the bit I have no pictures for because I was up on stage!

Bob went on talking about an awesome new script he had that he needed to see acted out in front of him. To that end they chose willing audience members to come up. My hand shot THE gently caress UP and David chose me to come up. We were all handed scripts and roles. Everyone of us was smiling and pretty much going all what the hell this is awesome at each other. I had one line that began with yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo. I said like three yo's before starting in on the rest and Bob grabbed me and was all woah woah woah! Read the whole thing! Then he intensely whispered all the yo's as I said them out loud. There were some quick dance parties when they told us to dance but honestly the rest is a blur. Bob gave us all a high five and I had to give the script back to David as he collected them. I wanted to say something to David real quick like thank you for helping out Lowtax but it was all too fast and that's not what that was all about.

Then it was over! Highly recommended!

:palmon:

sig by Manifisto

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

What’s the palmon for?

bird.

byob is pretty much the canada of forums

Goons Are Gifts

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Work never makes me happier so I rarely use it as a distraction and people tell me that's wrong and bad, so yeah... productivism is sort of a mixed bag. If it works for you great but I try not to let the giant ocean of projection people dump into it effect me. Like I've never met a workaholic who wasn't on some level terrified or resentful.

Walks are good. Do you play a musical instrument? Take it on a walk somewhere out of the way and play for yourself and the birds, that helps me sometimes.

Oh, that's a beautiful idea, thank you!

redm

phantump21 posted:

What’s the palmon for?

:abrathink:

sig by Manifisto

redm

i was trying to express that it was a good read

sig by Manifisto

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

BrownianMotion posted:

byob is pretty much the canada of forums

:agreed: sorry

alnilam

phantump21 posted:

What’s the palmon for?

not much, what's a palmonfor with you

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

alnilam posted:

Lol. I need a Phantump smilie. Seriously.

redm

alnilam posted:

sig by Manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

redm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Quest_Overdrive

this is another thing with david cross in it i didnt think ever got enough attention when it came out, im going to post it here because i keep forgetting the name of it

sig by Manifisto

Papa Was A Video Toaster

redm posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Quest_Overdrive

this is another thing with david cross in it i didnt think ever got enough attention when it came out, im going to post it here because i keep forgetting the name of it

neat

BoldFrankensteinMir

Buenos noches, amigos.

lol but

body is a dinosaur

Buenos noches, amigos.

the minecraft guy? currently experimenting with posting in games despite the fact i do not play video games. feels illicit

sb hermit

Buenos noches, amigos.

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

Hola señor Dorito

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

phantump21 posted:

Hola señor Dorito

He's barely over thirty, he doesn't qualify for the discount

sb hermit

phantump21 posted:

Hola señor Dorito

Hola!

hamjobs posted:

He's barely over thirty, he doesn't qualify for the discount

does an expired aaa membership get me anything though?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

el dorito posted:

Hola!

does an expired aaa membership get me anything though?

Not a tire change but you can get 10% off at Red Basket

Tebulot

im hip now bois

guys i need help

Ive got a work trivia night coming up but I need a team name that's actually work appropriate but also not so obscure that nobody else gets it

it's hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Tebulot posted:

guys i need help

Ive got a work trivia night coming up but I need a team name that's actually work appropriate but also not so obscure that nobody else gets it

it's hard
You could take something from the thread full of awesome cover band names.