Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The enamel pins on AliExpress are a crapshoot

I've gotten some that look absolutely perfect and some that look like they fell on the factory floor, got wiped off with some spit and thrown back on the assembly line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ante posted:

I need a good coffee mug for work. Help me

One-up everyone and bring a coffee cup to work. I got a cheap (like 2 or 3€) Lomonosov from the flea market and when everyone else is drinking from company-branded paper cups at meetings I'm just sipping my brew from an actual cup and looking like the complete rear end in a top hat that I am :smugmrgw:

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Jerry Cotton posted:

One-up everyone and bring a coffee cup to work. I got a cheap (like 2 or 3€) Lomonosov from the flea market and when everyone else is drinking from company-branded paper cups at meetings I'm just sipping my brew from an actual cup and looking like the complete rear end in a top hat that I am :smugmrgw:

That is absolutely the goal.

Current top contender:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ante posted:

this is my work mug

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Coffeecup chat: Absolutely not Cheap from China but my local Tkmaxx had one of these and I wanted a full set

Everyone knows the hexagon is the most futuristic shape.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ante posted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-...FgAAOxy3cJTjUTv

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/lens-mug.html?SearchText=lens+mug&d=y&initiative_id=SB_20190316135435&origin=n&catId=0&isViewCP=y&jump=afs

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Coffeecup chat: Absolutely not Cheap from China but my local Tkmaxx had one of these and I wanted a full set

Everyone knows the hexagon is the most futuristic shape.

Oh gently caress I'm in love and I definitely need a full set of honeycomb dishes

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

ante posted:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I put pens in this instead of coffee

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

I put pens in this instead of coffee

Good idea. That handle does look too bulky to comfortably use.

Nice cat.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

ante posted:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/2uXsVKu

Alternatively, you can get photos printed on mugs fairly easily. I work over dozens of remote sites so did this using photos of my face. It helps with brand recognition when I'm not physically there all the time.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Look at the Target clearance endcaps

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed:

I don't need any more mugs, target! leave me alone!

this is my favorite one :3:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

snoo posted:

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed:

I don't need any more mugs, target! leave me alone!

this is my favorite one :3:

I need this in my life

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

strangehamster posted:

I need this in my life

I got mine for like $3 on clearance. there's a few on ebay right now but the shipping price for fragile-rear end mugs is atrocious

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Goodwill always has mismatched dishware, you could even go and find a fancy tea cup like that one goon had

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I want love, or a reproduction of Lego set 6271. Sadly, Ali Express offers neither.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
I'll be honest, I would've already bought this unicorn mug if I wasn't real worried about something I'd have to drink out of being made of poison:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3D-Unicorn-Mug-Ceramic-Coffee-Cup-Children-Girl-Boy-Cute-Creative-Hand-pain-Mug-Gift-Color/32831604559.html

However, if you order one of these fancy things, most of the lead will probably be in the enamel and not the glass. Probably.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cre...2872489204.html

If this is actual bamboo and not bamboo-looking plastic, maybe it's not fully made of poison?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nat...2837402038.html

If you'd love a cup like this, you probably already expect everything to be against you, including your poison mug.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tra...2918616622.html

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I feel like if you drank from that unicorn mug at the wrong angle you’d lose an eye.

I probably wouldn’t buy a mug from AE cos all my packages from there arrive extremely squished. So I don’t think it’d survive the journey.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

People seem to like a lot of intricate bongs from China, if they can make it here intact I’d guess a mug could too.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I own the unicorn mug,it takes some skill. However it is worked good and it doesn't lose coloring. It's a cute if impractical mug

It survived shipping to Germany no problem. It was wrapped in styrofoam and tons of tape in a box

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

I went looking for some of those sticker packs of animals and found this:

:piss:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Luxrage posted:

I went looking for some of those sticker packs of animals and found this:

:piss:

That is exactly the correct place for a dabbing animal decal

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

SEX BURRITO posted:

I feel like if you drank from that unicorn mug at the wrong angle you’d lose an eye.

I probably wouldn’t buy a mug from AE cos all my packages from there arrive extremely squished. So I don’t think it’d survive the journey.

I got 3 glass teapots from ali / banggood, without any issue. And with the thin glass they have they're way more fragile than a mug.
Give it a try, worst case, you could order some leaded glue to fix them.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I ordered a Buchner funnel from Wish and it arrived in a USPS "damaged mail" envelope, and make a suspicious clinking sound. The flask was fine, but the funnel was smashed to bits.

Sent a complaint, along with some pics of the shards and the envelope, and got a replacement in the mail pretty quickly. No charge.

At least some dealers there are decent with customer service.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Sharpest Crayon posted:

However, if you order one of these fancy things, most of the lead will probably be in the enamel and not the glass. Probably.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cre...2872489204.html

I have a set of mugs like this that I got from a freebie! They're pretty nice, but I haven't used them (or lead tested them) because it looks like a giant pain in the rear end to clean, and honestly I have more than enough mugs already.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I use a glazed tankard with a picture of the HMS Lowestoft on it for a work teacup. It holds about a pint. I picked it up in a charity shop for a few pounds. I think all my crockery came from charity shops.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is literally the dumbest thing but it makes me laugh.

It was like $3 and absolutely worth it.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
I ordered soccer shoes about two months ago and they just arrived. Quality is decent for total beginner shoes,but I'm a dumbass and can't measure my feet correctly, so they're four sizes too big. My error, so I guess it's off to Amazon I go.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

MarcusSA posted:

I saw a pic someone had put this on a tiny pup (or maybe a kitten) and it was v. :3:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I saw a pic someone had put this on a tiny pup (or maybe a kitten) and it was v. :3:

Omg thats gotta be adorable. I have a friends birthday coming up and she likes creepy poo poo so I ordered that two headed baby Skelton that someone posted up thread. I had two coupons so for the Skelton and two silly pins it was like $34.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

MarcusSA posted:

Got a link?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh my god... I love it.

Also hopefully this works it’s from the app.

US $5.53 50% Off | TENNEIGHT Tactical Beer vest Military Molle vest mini Miniature Wine bottle cover vest Beverage Cooler Adjustable shoulder strap
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cM2q9Oko

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
In November I ordered a most likely unlicensed Star Wars shirt, buyer protection ran out in February. I messaged the seller a couple times asking to extend the protection and got no response and saw no change in the order. So the day after protection expired, I did what Ali says "if order doesn't arrive by x day contact support" - I initiated a dispute for an item that did not arrive. Ali then repeatedly extended the dispute by over a month until finally yesterday they closed the dispute and agreed to refund.

Does this sound like the normal Ali dispute process for an item that didn't arrive? In the meantime, I ordered 3 more items which all arrived (ie shipping should not take this long in my opinion) and I can no longer find the shirt for sale on Ali. I think I will either receive a free shirt in the mail 6 months later, or it maybe was seized by customs.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Crotch Fruit posted:

In November I ordered a most likely unlicensed Star Wars shirt, buyer protection ran out in February. I messaged the seller a couple times asking to extend the protection and got no response and saw no change in the order. So the day after protection expired, I did what Ali says "if order doesn't arrive by x day contact support" - I initiated a dispute for an item that did not arrive. Ali then repeatedly extended the dispute by over a month until finally yesterday they closed the dispute and agreed to refund.

Does this sound like the normal Ali dispute process for an item that didn't arrive? In the meantime, I ordered 3 more items which all arrived (ie shipping should not take this long in my opinion) and I can no longer find the shirt for sale on Ali. I think I will either receive a free shirt in the mail 6 months later, or it maybe was seized by customs.

Did you talk to a chat person after initiating the dispute? Ive gotten my money back the next day both times.

I'm about to initiate a dispute on 43c stylus. Let's see if they've replied to my message yet. I want that loving stylus

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Bored posted:

Did you talk to a chat person after initiating the dispute? Ive gotten my money back the next day both times.

I'm about to initiate a dispute on 43c stylus. Let's see if they've replied to my message yet. I want that loving stylus
I spoke to a live chat agent twice, the first time they said "I need a minute to check" and never came back, the second agent only said to keep waiting since Ali repeatedly updated the dispute saying "wait x days protection has not ran out" despite me never seeing it being extended.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Don't wait until purchase protection ends to launch your dispute

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Crazy Achmed posted:

Hey so with the current state of Lowtax's robospine and the lovely US healthcare system, if someone wants to make a sweet chickbutt smiley/emote then I could bankroll it. I'm thinking a still of chickbutt for a few seconds, then it vibrates briefly.
Not sure what it would really represent but I am sure it would look hella sweet.

This idea made me laugh so I went for it.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
I want to buy a shitton of washi tape. Anybody got recs for stores that carry many designs in decent quality so I can just get it all from one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've gotten stuff from these stores and have gotten good stuff. Kind of a mix between masking and backed tape that's tough to tell at a glance from the listing, but not a huge deal. The backed stuff is just a little annoying to deal with, but way easier to cut to length.

https://gimue.aliexpress.com/store/2407098
https://mohamm.aliexpress.com/store/1412013
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/4397082