Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA For breaking up with my girlfriend for a "prank"

Ha ha what a funny prank! I can't believe you seeded your boyfriend's toothbrush with a bunch of bacteria! HILARIOUS!

Seriously though what the gently caress? How is that a funny prank? I could see doing that to someone you hate but then it would be for revenge and not comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Me [20 M] my Girlfriend [19 F]- How do I get her to stop calling my manhood her adorable little "Princess Isabella"? (Im serious)

quote:

Ok so as the title says I've been dating this girl for about two months now and we've been fairly sexually active and now she's taken to calling my manhood her adorable little "Princess Isabella". I mean yeah it's on the smaller side but it's incredibly emasculating. She always just giggles and makes stupid noises at it that you'd make to a baby. I guess I'd just be embarrassed to straight up tell her it bugs me because I dont want her to think things easily get to me. I know the obvious answer is to just tell her it bothers me but.. any other suggestions?

TL;DR - My girlfriend is calling my manhood "Princess Isabella" and it's incredibly embarrassing.

UPDATE: Okay, she just did it again this morning but I didn't have the guts to straight up call her out on it. I asked her gently if she could call it something else instead but she just did her little "aww but pwincess isabella is such a perfect name" oogly oogly BS. I just let it slide. Maybe I'll talk to her about it tonight.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Me [20 M] my Girlfriend [19 F]- How do I get her to stop calling my manhood her adorable little "Princess Isabella"? (Im serious)

Wow she really nailed it with that name.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA For breaking up with my girlfriend for a "prank"

Wow this is really really gross.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

HMS Beagle posted:

Wow she really nailed it with that name.

...because princesses are weak?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Pirate Radar posted:

...because princesses are weak?

because they are asleep until you kiss them

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Not sure you really need the spoilers on this one, you already know what is under there.
Me [24F] with my boyfriend [41M] of a year, I found out I'm the other woman.

quote:

I have been with my boyfriend Sam for a year now. We started as FWB, then suddenly ended up exclusive and "I love you".

The age gap was big enough that we both understood (and spoke at length about) how the relationship wasn't sustainable, and we were just having fun and lots of stupendous sex in the meantime. We were never going to be "public" with our relationship, never going to marry or meet family, his friends were too old for me and my friends too young for him, so the relationship was solely within the confines of us.

G-d, I feel so stupid.

The past doesn't matter so much now.

I spotted an innocuous text on his phone from a female name that shared his last name. I asked who she was, and he gave me a story about a step sister estranged from the family. He had never liked to talk about his family anyway.

A few days later I sat down and did some researching. Sam has a common name, so searching it up had come up with almost nothing, but combined with the woman's name on the phone. Well, you can guess who she was. He has a wife. And two kids. I assume the wife has no idea I exist. To be sure when I next saw him I acted normal and snooped on his phone, where they were texting like he was just at work, not at his lovers house.

What do I do? I was very emotionally dependent on him, every day we would talk for hours. We went on vacations together. He bought me airplane tickets!

I am angry and upset of course. I have never been betrayed like this. I need to think of the best course of action. He has some "risque" photographs of me and while I don't think he would release them out of anger, I don't know if I can trust anything anymore. I want to tell the wife but then again the photos.

Help, /r/relationships. I have been awake all night crying.

EDIT: I'm going to break up with him, no doubt. But I don't know what to do about everything else.

TL;DR : Boyfriend has a wife and kids. I'm an accidental other woman.

EDIT 2: I am a busy young professional with a significant income of my own, not a sugar baby or anything like that. He was a low stress, no pressure, person that was a great emotional support and the sex was great. No worrying about the future or if he was "the one", because we both knew it would end. In the meantime we were both happy and satisfied physically and emotionally.

EDIT 3: At work. Will update later in the day.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xik posted:

because they are asleep until you kiss them

Dude makes it sound like he’s getting zero boners from this treatment

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol a 9 year old getting high as gently caress on edibles and handling it like a champ is great

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

We were never going to be "public" with our relationship, never going to marry or meet family,

He had never liked to talk about his family anyway. 

I am a busy young professional with a significant income of my own

Let me guess, brain surgeon? Police detective?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Brain detective. Definitely.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Coming soon on Netflix.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
AITA for telling my (29/M) brother (32/M) to mind his own business?

quote:

So, to preface this let me just say that me and my brother have always been very close and he's always looked out for me which I greatly appreciate, but we just had a big fight due to my girlfriend (29/F) Nicole. I was telling my brother that nicole and I recently started doing the whole open relationship thing, and I admitted to him that I wasn't okay with it at all that I actually hated it but I am just putting up with it because I love her. My brother immediately started telling me that I'm weak, have no respect for myself and that I should tell her the truth.

Now I admit I got mad, blew up and told him to mind his own loving business. I really shouldn't have done that but I feel like he just wasn't putting himself in my shoes. I am 29 years old and this is my first ever relationship. She was my first kiss and the person I lost my virginity to. I am a very ugly guy and introverted. The truth of the matter is that if nicole left me I would be alone for a very long time once again. Having my brother put me down when I already feel inadequate made me feel like complete poo poo and i get even madder when i think about it and dont feel like talking to him. i would please like some opinions and advice thank you

:discourse:

Another successful open relationship story.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do they keep agreeing to open it up it if they don't want to? Why do these people never break it off?! Why increase human suffering this way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Isnt this literally the plot to a romcom? Like possibly How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days? I swear to god this exact thing has been used and the most maddening part isnt that I think OP is ripping it off for their post but that there is a woman who is ripping it off to humiliate her boyfriend.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Turtlicious posted:

Why do they keep agreeing to open it up it if they don't want to? Why do these people never break it off?! Why increase human suffering this way.

it's right there in what he said, he does not believe he will be able to enter another relationship easily if this one ends. whether or not that's true, he is cowed by that fear into tolerating something he really doesn't want.

when all you've known is being in a relationship for years, the idea of losing that can be scary, even if it's for the best. this fear is part of what drives people to remain in all kinds of toxic and abusive relationships.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Literally a Bill Withers song.

My brother sit me right down and he talked to me
He told me that I ought not to let you just walk on me
And I'm sure he meant well yeah but when our talk was through
I said brother if you only knew you'd wish that you were in my shoes
You just keep on using me until you use me up
Until you use me up

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No I'm mad at the person who wants to open up the relationship when the other party isn't ok with it. If you want an open relationship you ask for it, than you break it off if it's a no. If he's obviously upset than he can't really handle the open relationship, and the onus is on the person who DOES want it to do the right thing :\

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Bringing this back up because lol

M.C. McMic posted:

Niece: Auntie, I can't hear the movie! Can you turn up the volume?! Auntie?!
Dunno what kids you hang around, but my nieces and nephews were capable of finding a Bluray, turning the TV and player on, and starting the movie by themselves as young as 4. They were capable of playing games on iPads from 2 or 3, including closing the app and browsing through app folders for a different game. They could also be trusted to sit on the couch for 15 minutes and watch Paw Patrol or whatever.

I'm gonna say this kid is a snoop but the aunt should at least do a cursory look around their spinster pad and make sure there's nothing the kid can eat that they shouldn't.

And come on guys, there's heaps of alcoholic drinks that a kid could drink if nobody stopped them, eg all the Vodka Cruisers which are bright and colourful and come in bottles that could be soft drinks.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, my girlfriend is a nanny and the 4 year old she takes care of can choose a Netflix TV show/movie on his own and adjust the volume, so uh, implying that a 9 year old kid in today's world is unable to figure out a remote and needs an adult is laughable. Kids will be stupid kids and I'm not exactly blaming anyone in this situation, but her niece totally decided to snoop around and found the weed gummies, yup. No way the situation happened because she was looking for her aunt and happened to stumble upon some candy.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

He explained why: he's unattractive and figures that having a girlfriend who cheats on him is better than having no girlfriend

Turtlicious posted:

No I'm mad at the person who wants to open up the relationship when the other party isn't ok with it. If you want an open relationship you ask for it, than you break it off if it's a no. If he's obviously upset than he can't really handle the open relationship, and the onus is on the person who DOES want it to do the right thing :\

Apparently he's not obviously upset, he opened up to the brother but apparently hasn't told her that he's not cool with it

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
1) A nine year old is old enough to know not to go snooping through someone's bedroom and she can entertain herself without her aunt's supervision

2) A nine year old is also dumb and curious enough to snoop anyway

3) A nine year old is old enough to know not to eat her relative's candy without permission

4) A nine year old is also dumb and curious enough to do it anyway

5) The nine year old has learned a lesson about eating candy without permission and the aunt has learned something about sticking her weed in a drawer out of sight when company is over.

Everyone learned a valuable lesson here, it's almost like an episode of South Park.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The aunt proved she was an idiot by not only leaving drugs out for a 9 year old to eat, but also for keeping them on a dresser in her bedroom when she lives alone (wtf why?) and then telling everyone all about how the niece ate all of her drug candy

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love when some story causes super hot takes and giant assumptions as to the situation from everyone in the thread for a full twelve hours and five pages.

How about some circumcision?

My (23F) brother (27M) has anger issues and it's ruining my family.

quote:

My brother has always been very short tempered. Growing up, my sister, other brother and parents would oftentimes have to "escape" the house for a period of time when my brother went on a rampage. Last Christmas was a nightmare! My brother got mad at my parents for having him circumcised as a baby and my sister (who is a PA), tried to explain to him that circumcision is the best medical practice but my brother only got mad at her for saying this and tried to compare circumcision to female genital mutilation. I don't think the topic of this argument was really what he was so upset about. I think he needs to get therapy for his anger issues and possibly depression. He is the only one in my family that did not go to college and he often gets mad when we talk about academia. He just lost his job because he was not willing to relocate to the company's new location and I think he is not satisfied with his life at all right now. I honestly feel bad for him but I can't talk to him or be friends with him because he doesn't know how to talk about feelings without getting angry. My sister and I are truly scared of him because of his violent outbursts that have caused us so much heartache and stress. My parents probably won't admit it but I think that they are scared of him too and that is why they don't ask him to get professional help for his issues.

He, last minute, decided to come to my parents house for Thanksgiving day and so my sister is no longer coming because his presence is too stressful to her since he has bullied her. I am really stressed about about Thanksgiving now too so I am dreading going but I kind of have to just pretend that everything is ok because my other brother and his wife and in-laws will be there as well as a few family friends. You may think that having guests would keep my brother tame and while it does prevent violence, he still finds every little thing to argue and raise his voice about. last Thanksgiving, a family friend who is a couple years older than me got so upset with my brother's stubbornness that she got up and left. This is also the same girl that my brother threw a screwdriver at when we were younger.

I was really looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with my sister and other family and friends that actually enjoy relaxing and playing games and laughing, but now all of that is ruined just like every other holiday. I plan to make the hour drive to my sister and her boyfriend's place the day after Thanksgiving so I can spend time with them but it just won't be the same.

There is so much more for me to talk about surrounding my family so thanks for bearing with me this far. I really just need some advice on what I can do, if anything, or what my parents should do and if it is appropriate for me to suggest to them what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

TL;DR My brother has violent anger problems and my sister and I are scared of him and I think also my parents and other brother. It's ruining our family and I need advice for what to do!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I've been posting these stories for a long time, and the one constant is that you have absolutely no idea what will resonate with goons. I can't count the number of times I've found something that looks like a surefire hit, and yet people ignore "help my bipolar GF wants to open our relationship to include the ringmaster at her traveling circus workplace" to argue about pickles or lampshade colors or what have you. It's a mystery!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

If we could safely combine pete with this anti-pete we'd have a reaction big enough to power warp drives

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Midnight Voyager posted:

I love when some story causes super hot takes and giant assumptions as to the situation from everyone in the thread for a full twelve hours and five pages.

How about some circumcision?

My (23F) brother (27M) has anger issues and it's ruining my family.

are you trying to start a circumcision derail in the midst of a weed candy derail?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA for leaving a penny as tip to the restaurant server for being overly political?

quote:

A group of my friends and I went out for brunch yesterday after a St Patrick’s day event. There were 7 of us and we had a server who was not shy about sharing his ultra right wing views about immigrants.

We told the server we were just trying to have a nice brunch and would rather not hear about his political beliefs. Unfortunately he wouldn’t shut up about undocumented immigrants and the Chinese/Mexicans/etc every time he came to our table.

Some of us found it funny, funny in the sense that every time he came over we were waiting for the next outrageous thing to come out of his mouth. But I thought he was kind of rude to keep mumbling these political rants despite us telling him it’s not appreciated.

Instead of leaving him a real tip, I left a penny and a note suggesting he shouldn’t impose his politics on his customers. One of my friends thought that was kind of lovely especially since we were a large party and the server had to work on Sunday. But I didn’t think so. Was it lovely for me to do that?

Always tip your waiter but also always charge them a fee if they make you listen to their inane political ramblings when you repeatedly ask them to stop

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've been posting these stories for a long time, and the one constant is that you have absolutely no idea what will resonate with goons. I can't count the number of times I've found something that looks like a surefire hit, and yet people ignore "help my bipolar GF wants to open our relationship to include the ringmaster at her traveling circus workplace" to argue about pickles or lampshade colors or what have you. It's a mystery!

I think sometimes the variable factor is reading comprehension, like with weed aunt where some number of the 200 posts about it were fueled by people needing an MSPaint diagram of her furniture to figure out where the weed gummies were

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I know we get some real whoppers in here but on what planet does a server start going "YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? MEXICANS." to the customers

wouldnt the kitchen staff kick his rear end

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Everyone comparing the gummies to alcoholic beverages is being so dumb. The thc gummies actually taste good and sweet, with only a hint of that skunk taste (compared to other edibles, which have a more obvious taste).
Alcoholic stuff, even sweet things like wine coolers, are absolutely not appealing tasting/smelling to kids. It's like people forget their first beer/shot and how terrible it tasted, it's an aquired taste over time

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

St Patrick's Day is the best day to complain about immigrants

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

all the weed edibles ive ever had tasted and smelled like weed. like sugar helps but they still taste very much like bong resin with a splash of pineapple.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
WIBTA if I asked my new bf not to wear his mother's ashes around his neck during sex?
New relationship. 2 weeks in. All the cuddles & long phone calls & romance one can enjoy. We had sex for the 1st time last night and I kept being distracted by the small vile hanging from his neck containing his creamated mother's ashes. I don't like it, but he told me he "always" wears it. Idk if I should bring it up or not. WIBTA if I asked him to take it of occasionally, including during sex?

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
This might be a bit late but the stoner aunt leaving edibles out when she knew she had a kid over is on her, especially since they look like candy. Hide your dope, woman. But, the kid is also a little turd for snooping when the aunt left her alone.

I was allowed to be home alone at 9, so the babysitting thing is a little odd to me. However, kid clearly goes through poo poo so that could be why her mother didn't allow her to be alone. I also knew what weed was at age 9 but that's all from D.A.R.E programs I was dumped into in my first school year in the states.

Do weed-legal states still try to promote the "Just Say No" type stuff or is the drug education not focused on weed as much? Just curious.

Not saying the kid in this story ate it on purpose for a buzz but she's got her own part in this scenario to be held accountable for when it comes to boundaries of personal property. Same with stoner aunt that spaced on hiding her stash.

The other post about Rolling Stones dude is bizarre. I'm trying to think of a "make a dead man cum" joke but my brain is cabbage. Ah well.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA: My roommate left the door open on accident and cat got out and died. We want her to move out when the lease is up for renewal.

So, this is the third time my roommate has left the door open to the house when leaving. The first time my girlfriend and I were understanding and asked her to be more considerate. The second time it happened was a week later, I didn’t tell my girlfriend about it because I knew she would be furious. So I text her and told her I was really upset with her over the issue.

All this leading up to her once again leaving the door open. This time though our cat vanelope got out on a cold night and got lost. We spent 6 days looking for her, hanging up posters and asking neighbors if they had seen her. Finally a neighbor found her and told us to come pick her up and that she was hurt pretty badly. 4 days at the emergency vets and $1600 later she passed away.

At no time did the roommate in question express any real sympathy or apologize for what she had done. We have cut her out of our lives as much as possible. It’s hard to see her and not want to scream at the top of my lungs. This all happened 3 months ago so her window to make amends has shut in my eyes. So am I a dick for wanting her to leave?

TL:DL: roommate let our cat out and she died, am I the rear end in a top hat for shunning her and wanting her to move out?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for leaving a penny as tip to the restaurant server for being overly political?

Always tip your waiter but also always charge them a fee if they make you listen to their inane political ramblings when you repeatedly ask them to stop

This seems so weird. I’d love to know what state this is in because I’ve never seen a sever do anything remotely like that.

Maybe small chit chat but I dunno. Weird.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wanting to bring another girl with my girlfriend and me to prom?

My girlfriend (18 F) and I (17 M) have been dating for close to a year now. With prom coming up soon, we sat down to talk about our plans. Well, at work the other day, the subject of prom came up at work too. I started to talk to my friend (20 F) about it. It turns out that she never got to go to her prom because she was in the hospital.

​Well, this friend is pretty important to me. When I started my job almost a year and a half ago, I lacked almost any social skills. This friend was the first person to really talk to me and treat me like a friend. She helped me through one of the most trying times of my life, as I also had severe social anxiety prior to starting this job. While my friend probably doesn't know this, my progress to having the social skills I do now is largely in part to her. I see this as an opportunity to give back to her for helping me.

​My girlfriend is opposed to me wanting to take her with us because she says that this should be our special night, and she wants me to herself. I hold the position that I want to take her due to the aforementioned reasons. So what do you guys think? AITA?

Edit: We worked things out. She'll be going with a mutual friend. Thank you all for the suggestions.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA: My roommate left the door open on accident and cat got out and died. We want her to move out when the lease is up for renewal.

So, this is the third time my roommate has left the door open to the house when leaving. The first time my girlfriend and I were understanding and asked her to be more considerate. The second time it happened was a week later, I didn’t tell my girlfriend about it because I knew she would be furious. So I text her and told her I was really upset with her over the issue.

All this leading up to her once again leaving the door open. This time though our cat vanelope got out on a cold night and got lost. We spent 6 days looking for her, hanging up posters and asking neighbors if they had seen her. Finally a neighbor found her and told us to come pick her up and that she was hurt pretty badly. 4 days at the emergency vets and $1600 later she passed away.

At no time did the roommate in question express any real sympathy or apologize for what she had done. We have cut her out of our lives as much as possible. It’s hard to see her and not want to scream at the top of my lungs. This all happened 3 months ago so her window to make amends has shut in my eyes. So am I a dick for wanting her to leave?

TL:DL: roommate let our cat out and she died, am I the rear end in a top hat for shunning her and wanting her to move out?

drat double posts.

Even forgetting about the cat dying (which sucks bad) leaving the loving door open at all is enough of a reason to kick her dumb rear end out.

Who does that??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

Yes you are the rear end in a top hat. You shouldn't have left that penny.