Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Nobody needs to be traumatized by pointless active shooter drills. Kids should instead be enjoying fun tomato drills.

At least, that's what my preschool-age nephew called it yesterday and he seemed pretty excited about it so yeah, more of those please.

E:. Tax is rough on a phone.

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Landing gear is now a microtransaction

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Prester Jane posted:

I have friends who never came back from Iraq and/or came back mangled and broken. I wonder why people such as myself regard McCain as a monster+do not respect anyone sheltered/priveleged/selfish/naive enough to consider that warmonger a "friend"?

He was an evil man who left the world a far worse place than he found it. He sent my friends off to be butchered in the name of corporate profits.
Considering his history as a POW and victim of torture his political life really was an impressive display of dedication to being an evil shithead.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Gnossiennes posted:

i don't think that's the gun they used, though, and that picture is from a university training thing. the larger pellets look like they'd be softer??

i don't know much about airsoft stuff, but from the article: "The plastic pellets they used are 4.6 mm in diameter — slightly larger than a standard BB."

Yeah, that's probably airsoft. I tested this on my arm, before a party where these were going to be used. Hurts like hell.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Country's worst governor does it again.

quote:

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin said he made sure all his nine children were exposed to chickenpox and caught the disease instead of giving them a vaccine.
"They had it as children. They were miserable for a few days, and they all turned out fine," Bevin said in an interview with WKCT, a Bowling Green radio station.
Bevin and his wife, Glenna, have nine children between the ages of 5 and 16, according to his campaign website.

The governor says he supports parents who choose to get their children vaccinated and also those who decline to do so. But he said the decision shouldn't be up to the government.

"This is America," he said. "The federal government should not be forcing this upon people. They just shouldn't."

This is America.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/sbauerAP/status/1108761796800929792

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Well, at least he dropped the stupid hat he had on last time:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

REAL MEN DON'T NEED NO DRIVER'S ASSISTANCE.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Phobic Nest posted:

Nobody needs to be traumatized by pointless active shooter drills. Kids should instead be enjoying fun tomato drills.

At least, that's what my preschool-age nephew called it yesterday and he seemed pretty excited about it so yeah, more of those please.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Considering his history as a POW and victim of torture his political life really was an impressive display of dedication to being an evil shithead.

Is it just taken for granted he was tortured? Beyond not receiving proper medical attention for his crash injuries until after the Vietnamese found out he was the son of an admiral, everything regarding how he was treated relies entirely on his personal account, since they kept him separate from the other POWs.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

I don't understand why Boeing is charging for pilots at all, let alone pilots who lack two notable safety features.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/1108770204312580097

the dumbest part isn't the inclusion of maduro but the fact we';re responsible for pol pot and saddam.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
I'd be the point of the drills, really, is a way to do some "check the box" type training so that when a massacre does happen again, the school administrators can point and say "see? we're not at fault for anyone's deaths, we did this certified course so you can't possibly blame or sue us".

NZ leads the way. Good for them. I have nothing but the utmost respect.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

JonathonSpectre posted:

All that "good guy with a gun" bullshit is movie nonsense.

They literally believe Roland the Gunslinger, "I do not kill with my hand, I kill with my heart." Of course they ignore the fact that Roland has trained for so loving long with those guns that he's really saying that the physical action of killing is no longer in doubt and so the only decision whether someone lives or dies is made in his heart.

I have a different point of view.

To them, the victim is ultimately at fault. Not the perpetrator. Therefore it is worse to be a victim than the one committing the crime.

This is so ingrained into their psyche that they seek any desperate means to ensure they are never made a victim. It's why they dream up fantastic scenarios to justify why they are supposedly not safe unless they're strapped 24/7.

Think about folks who victim blame. Rape? She dressed like she wanted it or didn't fight enough.

The rapist's actions hardly warrant a mention from them.

Got ripped off? You should have done better research.

It never ends.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

I posted this in the tech nightmares thread, but it kind of fits here too:

Instagram Is the Internet’s New Home for Hate

quote:

A year and a half later, Alex, who asked to use a pseudonym, runs his own Gen Z–focused QAnon Instagram account, through which he educates his generation about the secret plot by the “deep state” to take down Donald Trump. “I was just noticing a lack in younger people being interested in QAnon, so I figured I would put it out there that there was at least one young person in the movement,” he told me via Instagram direct message. He hopes to “expose the truth about everything corrupt governments and organizations have lied about.” Among those truths: that certain cosmetics and foods contain aborted fetal cells, that the recent Ethiopian Airlines crash was a hoax, and that the Christchurch, New Zealand mosque shootings were staged.

Burn all social media to the ground.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1108772952814899200

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

He has no idea what any of this means. Bibi probably arranged this to use as a win back home.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'd bet my life that (a) he didn't write that, and (b) he couldn't find the Golan Heights on an unmarked map.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's really hosed up. can't wait for him to tweet the same about gaza and the west bank.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Sounds like he has been... hypnotized.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Isn't Golan Heights actually part of Syria?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There's a big difference between "necessary safety feature that has been included in the past but now it's an expensive option on our new jets" and "new safety feature we came up with that's very expensive but air travel has been doing fine without it for decades". But as a layman, it really sounds like it was a safety feature that was necessary for integrating other new features of the jet.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Young Freud posted:

it sure is!

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Young Freud posted:

Not anymore apparently.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Young Freud posted:

Yes. Israel has occupied it since the mid-20th century but since nations aren’t supposed to annex territory by conquest any more everyone has always pretended that the occupation is temporary. Until now, at least.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It is absolutely time we recognize Israel's sovereignty over Wales.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Planes came with day one DLC

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The best brained president:

quote:

One time, after a bad drive, Trump slammed his driver back in his bag, as guys will do, and wasn’t really watching what he was doing, and the driver ricocheted back and hit Trump in the head. “A.J.?” Trump asked, pissed. “Did you just hit me in the head with my own driver?”

“Sir, Mr. Trump, why would I do that?” A.J. said. “You’re my president!”

https://apple.news/AUC_3mN2gQjuuV8zLtFPVbQ

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1108762292135649281

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

sticksy posted:

The best brained president:

Dooey, did you just grab my rear end?!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
I don't play golf so I thought this was about Donny punching his limo driver in the nuts.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Yeah cause this worked out real well for President Ted Cru--oh, right.

To be fair, Cruz did that when the nomination was definitely already lost. This probably won't make a difference.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It is. There's no way it can be enforced, especially on private campuses, and any lawyer worth his salt is going to beat it like a rented mule in court.

Is this supposed to be a thing that only protects official speakers at events or something? Would this somehow stop students getting pepper sprayed and such like during the occupy protests? Yes, I realize this is wishful thinking but at least maybe there would be some kind of legal silver lining to a thing that our dumb president does.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1108775544760516610

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

BuT hEr EmAilS

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1108777976014036993

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

CPColin posted:

I don't understand why Boeing is charging for pilots at all, let alone pilots who lack two notable safety features.

They wouldn't charge the pilots. That tweet is poorly worded at best and deliberately provocative at worst. Boeing charged extra for the safety features (which they should not have done, safety features should not be optional), the airlines/operators choose not to pay extra for those features so the pilots didn't have them. It would be more clear if they hadn't mentioned pilots in the tweet at all.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

One-Term Pledge and Early VP Pick are harebrained Beltway insider ideas that get floated every cycle but no presidential candidate in recent memory has used them to any effect. They're dumb ideas and I can't figure out why they keep getting trotted out. Like there's a political analyst or a pollster out there somewhere who really likes the idea of the One-Term Pledge. It's pure brainworms.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1108778892096167936

All good ideas.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Young Freud posted:

they took it over during the Six Days war and then never really gave it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

felons should be able to vote from jail.