Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for thinking my bf is sexist and wanting to break up w/him because of it?

I(18F) come from a traditional family. My dad works and my mom stays home. However, they do not push this lifestyle on me and my sisters. They have stated that it’s simply what works best for them and they have always stressed the importance of hard work and self-reliance. College is a must for us, we are expected to find a job, work hard, and pay for our own poo poo. They encourage us to pursue whatever we are interested in/good at, whether that be a traditionally feminine or masculine activity. I am so glad my parents raised me to be independent and self-sufficient, even if that means I have to work hard, because I feel very prepared to take on the future.

My bf also comes from a traditional family but his views are a lot different than mine. For example, when he found out that I mow lawns on the side during the summer to make some extra cash, he acted shocked and said if he were my dad, he would be ashamed of his daughter outside in the heat mowing his lawn, and if I needed extra money I should just ask him. I was offended by this because he insulted my dad and I actually like mowing lawns. I really do, I get to blast my music, be outside and get a decent work out in. And I don’t need to pay for my gas and clothes with bfs money like some spoiled bitch. I told him all this and he just doesn’t get it.

He also INSISTS on paying for EVERYTHING. Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate when guys pay on dates, it’s a nice gesture and I am happy to let them do that. However, I feel like you have to draw the line at some point. I am not allowed to buy anything for him or else he throws a fit, even something little like a snack after basketball practice. Instead of making me feel appreciated it makes me feel incapable.

Last weekend we went rock climbing together and I showed him up big time. He was super pissed about it and kept making all of these excuses for why I was doing better than him when I hadn’t even said anything about how he, well, frankly, sucked. Later that night we were texting about our dream careers after college and he said that he would always be making more money than me, and he couldn’t date a girl with a higher salary.

I called him out on his ignorance and he quickly apologized for the comment, but that whole day was just sort of the final straw with this guy. I have a feeling he just apologized to avoid an argument and he still really feels that way, and I am tired of constantly being treated like a princess. On the other hand, in his eyes he is being a man and respectful by treating me this way. I know I can be independent to a fault and idk, maybe I’m being overly sensitive to the whole thing.

So, AITA for getting “triggered” and thinking he’s sexist and we should break up, or am I right to think this dude is too 50s for me?

break up with him and he can go to MGTOW and lie about an 18 year old stealing all of his money in divorce court to get asspats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

But... why is it that colour?
I can understand colouring food. I develop product formulations that are coloured (though I try to use oleoresins etc so 'colour' doesn't have to appear on the ingredients list). But if you're going to dye cheese, why not dye it yellow?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

I can understand colouring food. I develop product formulations that are coloured (though I try to use oleoresins etc so 'colour' doesn't have to appear on the ingredients list). But if you're going to dye cheese, why not dye it yellow?

Same reason people add caramel coloring to certain alcoholic beverages; expectations

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Apparently some fancy-rear end cheese are also traditionally orange.

Like this thing, which comes from France and uses the same coloring agent(annatto) as American cheddar.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

QuarkJets posted:

the goonest goon

I think in the end people prevailed upon him to go to the doctor and the doctor said “your stomach can’t actually process cheese correctly, that’s why you fart so loving much” at which point the poster said “great, thanks doc” and instead of discontinuing his cheese habit he brought the doctor’s note to work, claiming it would now be illegal discrimination for anyone to complain that he was a walking chemical weapon

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

And that mans name? Donald Trump

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The clear solution for cheese conundrum guy, and I really can't think of any other, is to switch to a good Cheeze Whiz for sucklin'. Even if the Mrs. bogarts your cheesenipples you can just wipe the nozzle off.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
The real question is why did he marry and have kids with a filthy red neck.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

QuarkJets posted:

what in the everloving gently caress do you think you're accomplishing here

Doc Hawkins posted:

making the best burgers

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

making the "best" burger obviously isn't the reason because you're putting gelatin-based cheese product on top of it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Like Haifisch said some cheeses are naturally orange and it has a lot to do what whatever the cows are eating (e.g. if it has a lot of carotene in it). Cheese from pastured cows tends to taste better, so Americans began to associate darker cheese with quality. Now it's just kind of a signature thing; American cheddar is orange because that's what American cheddar looks like.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

QuarkJets posted:

making the "best" burger obviously isn't the reason because you're putting gelatin-based cheese product on top of it

Well, I wish I could I make you a few some day, so I could truly incorporate your critique. I've see seen smashed burgers exceed many people's expectations, incluing mine...but sure, considering where we're having this conversation, you have reasons to be suspicious, and I have reasons to wonder if I am being yet another manchild foolcook.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

here's an idea, you don't need to put gelatin in your cheese, you can just use cheese. they don't call 'em gelatinburgers

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Not necessarily the best burger but a really great gimmick-burger: make a thick curry sauce and then mix that with the hamburger meat before forming the patties. For real give it a try, curry-burgers are delicious

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for asking my wedding guest to leave for wearing his military uniform at my wedding?

This is from a couple of pages back, but it bugged the hell out of me.
Full dress uniform is the same as formal wear, so the marine was in good taste and the bride the rear end in a top hat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Khazar-khum posted:

This is from a couple of pages back, but it bugged the hell out of me.
Full dress uniform is the same as formal wear, so the marine was in good taste and the bride the rear end in a top hat.

Comments seem to be arguing a lot over whether he should have asked first since the military has their own etiquette over these things and it's usually considered presumptuous to wear your military formals to a civilian wedding without permission (can be getting a bit 'thank me for my service' and all, or in the worst cases upstaging the bride/groom in the same way as a guest wearing white), but it's still probably an overreaction given Marines formalwear is apparently quite nice and as said, chances are it's the nicest clothes he owns.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Why don't the Polly-O parents ALREADY have locks on their loving bedroom doors?!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

Well, I wish I could I make you a few some day, so I could truly incorporate your critique. I've see seen smashed burgers exceed many people's expectations, incluing mine...but sure, considering where we're having this conversation, you have reasons to be suspicious, and I have reasons to wonder if I am being yet another manchild foolcook.

Pick a cheese with a better melting point. Or don't, and use peanut butter instead.

Jesus, I can just imagine the horrifying texture of a hard cheese melted down, mixed with gelatin, then re-melted again.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Liquid Communism posted:

Jesus, I can just imagine the horrifying texture of a hard cheese melted down, mixed with gelatin, then re-melted again.

I feel like this has to have been in one of those terrifying mid-century promotional cookbooks, probably with a name like "Party Cheese Loaf"

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like this has to have been in one of those terrifying mid-century promotional cookbooks, probably with a name like "Party Cheese Loaf"

Searching for that turns up some tasty looking food

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

At least his stuff’s already gone so now she just needs to change the locks.

Looks like the trash took itself out

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

jobson groeth posted:

Searching for that turns up some tasty looking food

You most certainly did not include "midcentury" in your search when you're pulling up those results, simply baking cheese directly into a nice loaf of bread was way beyond the imagination of anyone who was an adult as late as the 1970s; people in those days were obsessed with mayo, gelatin, and cheese that comes out of a tube. Is that loving garlic in one of those pictures? Yeah, no, sorry, this is midcentury America we don't do garlic, take that foreigner poo poo back to whatever exotic country you're from, sir

Here's something more representative of that era:

Doesn't that just look so appetizing :barf:

They apparently called this a type of "sandwich", imagine going over to someone's house and being told that they're giving you a sandwich and then this bullshit comes out:

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 22, 2019

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my mother that my future son will never be allowed at her house?

She responds saying she has thought of all that and will be taking the train, segregating the dogs, and installing a massive air purifier in the room. I still tell her no with the logic of "I don't want my child being 2.5 hours away from me, I'm not comfortable with taking a baby on a train, we are trying to avoid formula, and even with the dogs being in another room and an air purifier where he would sleep I am not comfortable with the arrangement. I told her we can visit once in a while, but not until he's a little bit older and it's unlikely we will be sleeping over(her home smells, is small and very uncomfortable).

Yes trains are the most dangerous mode of transportation for babies.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xik posted:

The real question is why did he marry and have kids with a filthy red neck.

Doing some mental math (married 28 years, young enough to have a 9 year old) they have to have been to been together since high school, and have spent three decades developing strategies to adapt to and enable each other's teenage-level behaviors.

What was the 1989 equivalent of the high school weird anime couple?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Switchback posted:

Yes trains are the most dangerous mode of transportation for babies.

Eh, I can see the issue for a long-term train ride being not much better than a plane; limited personal space and privacy, may not have a bathroom big enough to change a nappy... though you never know, the motion on the tracks might send a baby right to sleep if you're lucky.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

QuarkJets posted:

You most certainly did not include "midcentury" in your search when you're pulling up those results, simply baking cheese directly into a nice loaf of bread was way beyond the imagination of anyone who was an adult as late as the 1970s; people in those days were obsessed with mayo, gelatin, and cheese that comes out of a tube. Is that loving garlic in one of those pictures? Yeah, no, sorry, this is midcentury America we don't do garlic, take that foreigner poo poo back to whatever exotic country you're from, sir

Here's something more representative of that era:

Doesn't that just look so appetizing :barf:

They apparently called this a type of "sandwich", imagine going over to someone's house and being told that they're giving you a sandwich and then this bullshit comes out:

My dedication to Radical Sandwich Anarchy is being severely tested.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

Doing some mental math (married 28 years, young enough to have a 9 year old) they have to have been to been together since high school, and have spent three decades developing strategies to adapt to and enable each other's teenage-level behaviors.

What was the 1989 equivalent of the high school weird anime couple?

That Weird Japanimation Couple

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Pirate Radar posted:

Anyone else remember e/n guy who was lactose intolerant but still loved cheese and was farting so much and so badly that his coworkers refused to stand near him

There was a kid in high school who would drink massive amounts of milk and fart around all day. He also once called me a bitch and since he was of course a black belt tried to TaeKwonDo my head. Which meant I just grabbed his foot and made him hop around on one foot hilariously. Since I’m sure he posts here Jeff I’m sorry but you were an insufferable oval office.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for stopping my one night stand from kissing me after she gave me a blowjob?

So I (21M) had a one night stand recently with a girl (19F) and we were kissing in the club.

When it got to the bedroom we had sex. Kissing involved. Now afterwards we went for round 2, she gave me a blowjob but I didn't cum, she went to kiss me after and I stopped her from doing that I said ''Woah woah don't do that poo poo after doing that'' and she stopped. Decided to end it there, AITA?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31en84

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

first its a little smooch after a blowjob then the next thing you know youre sucking every dick that comes along. gotta nip that thing in the bud.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Admiral Ray posted:

I like that the mom told everyone why the dad doesn't do dishes: He loving sucks at it, just a complete goddamn moron when it comes to soaping up a dish.
Nah, like many people, they've figured out that pretending to be bad (or intentionally being bad) rewards you with never having to do chores. Instead of being told to keep redoing the task until you get it right.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My wife and I can't stop saying "poly cheese bag"

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

This guy just couldn’t have expected to ask this question with everyone going, “sounds like a normal relationship and snacking activity.”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

This guy just couldn’t have expected to ask this question with everyone going, “sounds like a normal relationship and snacking activity.”

The dude has been married for 28 years to a poly cheese bag wife and writes like his mother was a syntax parser. His view of normal is so tilted he sees it like a tiny museum model.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the way she been acting
is really such a drag
fingers in my cheese bag

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I wonder if the old fat poly cheese bag couple can maintain lasting relationships with anyone else. Like, do they bring home a steady boyfriend/girlfriend every now and then? Someone who is familiar with their habits and decided it was acceptable? Or do they just bring in a string of randos because who in their right mind would ever come back after seeing locks and mini fridges in the separate bedrooms?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

I wonder if the old fat poly cheese bag couple can maintain lasting relationships with anyone else. Like, do they bring home a steady boyfriend/girlfriend every now and then? Someone who is familiar with their habits and decided it was acceptable? Or do they just bring in a string of randos because who in their right mind would ever come back after seeing locks and mini fridges in the separate bedrooms?

Remember that dude who after his wife asked to open the marriage he constantly brough twinks home to rail them while his kids were around? Its exactly that, but twinkies

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Did one of them start eating cheese out of the bag and then the other was like “hey, that’s a great idea!”

Or is it that they both did it before they got together???

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

She’s a good girl
Loves her cheese snacks
Loves polyamory and brokebrain husband too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
last dance with shredded cheese
one last time to break the brain