Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for leaving an 18 cent tip and getting the waitress fired?

When the manager called the waitress over, both of us saw her roll her eyes as she was walking here. As soon as the manager saw this, he put on his "you're about to get fired" face. All the tears and pleading made no difference. It was ugly. People were filming with their cell phones.

Lol this was written one handed and the real story is that some waitress was kinda rude to him so he came up with an elaborate fantasy about ruining her life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
An elaborate fantasy about guilt-free ruining a waitresses life.

The Ender's Game of getting someone fired.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Play posted:

I think they should just act like loving adults and do the loving wedding without bringing their dumbass high school drama into it. How bout that

FRIEND should do the honorable thing and bow out of the wedding.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

therobit posted:

So when is it ok to complain about a bad service experience?

never. unironically.

barring egregious and abusive poo poo ofc. but your food was cold, or the server was a bit rude? tip anyway

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Don't know why you're blaming a guy for complaining about lovely service, if your country wasn't completely hosed you could actually do that guilt free.

How about direct this anger to the places that matter and question a business why they would force their staff to rely on tips to make a living? What about the garbage manager that would remove a persons source of income over a single complaint? Capitalist propaganda is off the loving charts.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Unless they live in a one restaurant town, another job as a waitress is easy to come by. He didn't try to get her fired, but if the staff is rude I think it's fine to complain. Id a waitress gets fired for a customer complaint and it wasn't something totally beyond the pale, chances are she has a history of pissing off customers and wasn't long for that job anyway.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Even being generous and saying this person was constantly providing lovely service after multiple warnings, you can treat them like a human being and fire them out the back, instead of making a song and dance about it in front of the customer.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I showed my girlfriend the cheesepost and we have been making jokes all night thank you SA

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

bell jar posted:

dude is absolutely an rear end in a top hat, just give the whole thing including tip at once, why bother splitting it in two

Because the next largest bill is a $100?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just move to a country that doesnt have tipping because its a garbage concept that puts being a decent human being on the onus of the customer thus ripping them off financially and morally.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Whose convenience is don't give me my 18 cents for, she still has to take it out of the till, are you asking her to drop it in the tip jar immediately? If you don't want to carry change, leave it on the table with the rest of the actual tip.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vim Fuego posted:

Uh, well, good luck with that.

Anyway, I love the new thread title. It's a worthy replacement to "difficult to poo poo on my wife."

Have a gander at this genuine quandary, y'all:

AITA for wanting my best friend as my Best Man, even though he cheated on the Maid of Honor?

I kinda think the MOH and Best Man just have to suck it up and pretend to be ok for the wedding. I don't think there's any right answers for the OP, cause this guy qualifies as his best man regardless of if he cheated on someone he was dating or not. But OP probably does have to give him the boot because who wants to start their marriage with Wife & her best friend being righteously angry at you? But then again, not standing by his best man would show a lack of character.

lol should have waited to tell her after the wedding. idiots.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

you can hand multiple bills to the server at the same time

it's not like he needed to get change back to make up the tip

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Leon Einstein posted:

Sugar babies deserve everything they get. Nothing is free. Trading your dignity and ability to date for a little cash seems shortsighted.

as romantic as it is to think they're only seeing one dude at a time, it's usually a handful. i've heard most expect to see them 1-2 a week and only for a few hours, if that much.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I caught up and read through the cheese posts and they're seriously the greatest thing. They're so improbable that they read like a new sitcom coming to Netflix or Hulu soon. :allears:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The tipping story didn't happen and is some weirdo redpill's fantasy of degrading women.

Like a manager is going to fire a server in front of everyone on the middle of the floor during the middle of the shift, loving things up for every other server and causing a giant scene.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

cumshitter posted:

The tipping story didn't happen and is some weirdo redpill's fantasy of degrading women.

Like a manager is going to fire a server in front of everyone on the middle of the floor during the middle of the shift, loving things up for every other server and causing a giant scene.

But she ESCALATED the situation by ROLLING HER EYES!!!!

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I'm the upscale restaurant that costs less than fifty bucks for a couple.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

La Brea Carpet posted:

Are you mocking Olive Garden right now?!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

La Brea Carpet posted:

Maybe OP lives in rural Indiana and Red Robin counts as upscale.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Worse, theyre mocking Outback Steakhouse

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Same guys who take their dick out halfway through sex and stick it in the girl's mouth, I bet.

But, ewww, penis breath. Gonna go hide in the bathroom and throw mouthwash at her until she goes away.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The wide spread use of AITA itt is new and odd to me. AITA?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Most of the people that post those AITA just want validation and aggressively double down on any criticism. Very few edit and update saying they understand why they are the rear end in a top hat and will do something about it.

e: oh right you mean why... It's a separate subreddt (/r/AmItheAsshole/) and in the comments folks comment if they are the rear end in a top hat and they get upvoted etc

Xik fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 23, 2019

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Burt Sexual posted:

The wide spread use of AITA itt is new and odd to me. AITA?

Those are posts from r/AITA

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Wedding dude is about to find out what it’s like to not have a best man, which sucks given the timing at the beginning of his marriage. Dude’s gotta make some friends his wife doesn’t hate or he’s going to be married without a friend/support network outside of his wife, which isn’t healthy.

Straight White Shark posted:

The groom's priorities are clear and he only has one option, call off the engagement and marry the best man.

If he booked the venue and catering in his name this could be a seamless exercise.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pirate Radar posted:

Wedding dude is about to find out what it’s like to not have a best man, which sucks given the timing at the beginning of his marriage. Dude’s gotta make some friends his wife doesn’t hate or he’s going to be married without a friend/support network outside of his wife, which isn’t healthy.

If he booked the venue and catering in his name this could be a seamless exercise.

I mean this is basically just a death knell for his marriage as a whole, because no matter how this goes there's gonna be a massive amount of resentment from one side

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xik posted:

Most of the people that post those AITA just want validation and aggressively double down on any criticism. Very few edit and update saying they understand why they are the rear end in a top hat and will do something about it.

e: oh right you mean why... It's a separate subreddt (/r/AmItheAsshole/) and in the comments folks comment if they are the rear end in a top hat and they get upvoted etc

Ah, Of course. Hence my unfamiliarity, I can’t keep up with this thread like I should. Moves too fast. Thanks.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

blugu64 posted:

how was he going to pay for the tip then genius

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Dazerbeams posted:

Sir this is a Chili's drive through.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

He should break it off if she doesn't actually eat his rear end for fetching lemonade

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Clark Nova posted:

He should break it off if she doesn't actually eat his rear end for fetching lemonade

milk milk
lemonade
around the corner
eat my rear end

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I (M28) want to wait to propose but my gf (28F) wants me to do it this month. The problem is that she also says she is unhappy and doesn’t trust me since I cheated. Should I propose in 2 weeks or wait?

quote:

GF and I have been dating for a while now. Our relationship has been on and off for 5 years but we are a in good spot this time around. We love each other a lot and have been talking a lot about our future together. There is no question in our mind we want to marry each other. The problem is that we have different idea of the timing of it.

She seems to want a quicker proposal and marriage. In fact, she doesn’t really want a ceremony. She just kinda wants to do the civil wedding and then elope within the next 6 months. I’m kinda cool with that because it saves us a lot of money but it seems so drat fast. She keeps sending me instagrams of rings and wedding venues and dresses. And since we are going on a trip soon, she keeps hinting she wants the engagement to happen soon.

On the other hand, I am conflicted. I tell her I am not financially ready but the truth is I am planing on proposing in two weeks. The only problem is that now I’m having second thoughts on the timing. While talking to her I started saying that perhaps we should take things slower. I try to explain that I just want us to keep working on our relationship and each other before moving onto the next phase. Somehow this frustrates her because to her this comes across as wishy washy.

Recently: - She tells me that I don’t treat her the way her friends’ husbands treat them. - She says I am not kind. That I don’t affirm her enough or love her in her love languages. - She gets angry at me when I cuss (not at her, just in general), which makes me frustrated because I feel like I can’t express myself properly. - She tells me I can’t talk about sex or sexual related things with her, since we are trying to be pure before marriage (religion)...let me go on a tangent here. We had plenty of sex before, in fact, we thought we were pregnant not long ago. So when I tell her I am horny and can’t wait to gently caress her again, and she gets angry at me, I feel shut down, especially because the act is already removed. I used to be a very sexually active person and I wish I could at least talk to her about sex...alas. - On top of all that, about a month ago, I made out with someone and got a hand job but came clean to her right away. She was devastated (rightly so), but I’ve been going to couples counseling and doing everything she needs to be able to make up for it. I was frustrated after one of our fights and acted on old habits and impulse. I believe the cheating was an isolated incident. We were able to work through it, to the point I even visited her family and stayed with them. But this adds to her lack of trust and my current hesitation.

Because no man wants to hear that his girlfriend doesn’t feel loved properly, I tell her that it’s crazy that we are thinking of marriage when she tells me all these things. I tell her we should wait and work on the relationship until she feels loved and treated right. Until she can trust me again. This comes across to her as threatening the relationship, but to me it is trying to make sure it’s healthy. I don’t want to be wishy washy, and I don’t think I am, but I am so conflicted. She feels all these things but wants marriage and wants it fast?

Should I go ahead and propose? Would that give her more security? The actual marriage could be later I guess. Or how do I talk to her and make her see that timing here could only benefit the relationship? Are these things we can work during engagement?

TL:DR: Girlfriend doesn’t seem happy but wants engagement and wedding. I want to wait and work on the relationship before moving to the next phase, even though I do think she is the one. What should I do? And how do I have the conversation with her?

No, you guys should definitely go ahead with getting engaged ASAP.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Those people deserve each other.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Play posted:

Generally pre-shredded cheese has preservatives included so that all that surface area doesn't cause parts of them to go bad.

That plus keeping it from sticking together. And guess what is used for that? The same thing that makes up a lot of fast food burgers and other cheap processed "meat". Cellulose/wood fiber.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I used to work as a server.

No you didn't or you would have known that before you say "I don't need change" that you've already included the tip in the cover. rear end in a top hat.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

LadyPictureShow posted:

I (M28) want to wait to propose but my gf (28F) wants me to do it this month. The problem is that she also says she is unhappy and doesn’t trust me since I cheated. Should I propose in 2 weeks or wait?

LadyPictureShow posted:

That I don’t affirm her enough or love her in her love languages.

Murder-suicide, there is no other choice.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xik posted:

I hear you, but what about suicide-murder?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Xik posted:

Please, please theres no need to fight. We can do both!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

LadyPictureShow posted:

No, you guys should definitely go ahead with getting engaged ASAP.

If ever a couple demonstrated pure, healthy love, it's these two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Pirate Radar posted:

Tricky to pull off, but worth triple points.