Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Chappo guys were treating Barr as a national hero just the other day.

lmao how are you still smoking crack in 2019

edit:

Seriously though I don’t get the notion of deciding Chapo sucks because they don’t think a republican prosecutor is a strong bet for liberal or leftists hopes to have a better president; that’s a thing they want too.

You could hate them for being smug, which they are, or for being extremely online, which we all are, or for having not respect, or even pity for democratic pundits and pols, but contempt, which they do.

But calling them shills for the GOP is just shooting yourself in the foot.

selec fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012
It's pretty telling how hard some of the shitposters will defend a podcast with rape "jokes".

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Grouchio posted:

*Historically good wave of Democrats win mid-terms*
*Trump continues to center around his tiny alt-right base*
*Four months later*
*Oh god Trump's gonna get re-elected for sure because Mueller found nuthin!*

Jesus christ you guys.

Give people time to process that :matters:, a lot of folks have been investing in the idea for years that the system would deal with Trump, but it's going to take actual effort and that's given some people cold feet - those people are not being entirely unreasonable, as the Democratic Party does not readily inspire confidence. Remember that we've had these moments several times throughout the Mueller investigation where all signs pointed to "nothing is going to come of this" and we had the same doom and gloom for a couple days before people picked themselves off the ground. There will be a lot more optimism when a clear frontrunner in the primary emerges (who isn't terrible).

But given 2016 maybe a little less optimism is good. Maybe it's good if we treat Trump's chances at re-election as 50% bare minimum when the polls start telling us we have it in the bag next year.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

It's pretty telling how hard some of the shitposters will defend a podcast with rape "jokes".

Ahahahahaha BRING EM OUT BRING EM OUT.

Crawling out of the woodwork with these Pod Save America branded explosive vests on.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I see it as a positive for electoral prospects that Trump and the GOP are only doubling and tripling down hard on people who they already have. They have a very solid floor of support but the more they go down that path, the lower their ceiling goes. 'Wins' for Trump don't mean poo poo if he only uses them in ways that alienate people and limit ways of gaining support. More and more people are genuinely sick of his poo poo.

On the other hand :matters:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Also Chapo is good and right about most things

Sometimes their pessimism is performative but despite all odds they still manage to be right

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

selec posted:

Crawling out of the woodwork with these Pod Save America branded explosive vests on.

Men are scum.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

selec posted:

Even if I listened to that show, which I don't, how does that refute what I said, applesauce?

I'm having a real hard time seeing how my lack of tolerance for "jokes" about rape makes me the bad person here.

Sinister_Beekeeper fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 29, 2019

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Even if I listened to that show, which I don't, how does that refute what I said, applesauce?

“I’m pretty sure there are rape jokes on a show I don’t listen to.” :newfap: you gave up the troll too soon dude.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

pacerhimself posted:

I see it as a positive for electoral prospects that Trump and the GOP are only doubling and tripling down hard on people who they already have. They have a very solid floor of support but the more they go down that path, the lower their ceiling goes. 'Wins' for Trump don't mean poo poo if he only uses them in ways that alienate people and limit ways of gaining support. More and more people are genuinely sick of his poo poo.

Pretty much. I still think a significant portion of Trump’s support is tribalism. It’s us versus them so I’d better support us. Which makes Trump vulnerable to a challenge within his tribe. Maybe the GOP loves listening to Trump create needless chaos, but I think there’s a chunk that misses decorum.

Trump still wins his party’s nomination in 2020. I’m not stupid enough to believe he won’t. But every incumbent who beat off a credible primary challenge has lost the general election.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

What are you talking about

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

selec posted:

“I’m pretty sure there are rape jokes on a show I don’t listen to.” :newfap: you gave up the troll too soon dude.

Try actually reading my post before replying in impotent rage there, applesauce. I was referring to the other show that you insisted I must be a fan of since you have to try to smear me to defend lovely comments about rape. But yeah, I don't listen to Chapo either because I don't think lovely comments about rape are very funny or worth attacking people to defend. You lot come off like the idiots defending youtube nazis.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I listened to a chapo episode once and it was about the drugs they were doing when they went to an aquarium, and I realized I was probably not online enough to get their jokes so I stopped listening.

Behind the Bastards is good, though. Everyone should listen to that.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Are the Chapo guys still allied with Cum Town, a show that has tons of homophobic/transphobic/racist clips on YouTube that are all like "THIS IS A JOKE AND JUST IRONIC" and if you dare complain about it to their fans they will call you poo poo like "limp-dick idpol wrecker"

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Try actually reading my post before replying in impotent rage there, applesauce. I was referring to the other show that you insisted I must be a fan of since you have to try to smear me to defend lovely comments about rape. But yeah, I don't listen to Chapo either because I don't think lovely comments about rape are very funny or worth attacking people to defend. You lot come off like the idiots defending youtube nazis.

Can you post some links or source your quotes or something interesting

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Krispy Wafer posted:

Pretty much. I still think a significant portion of Trump’s support is tribalism. It’s us versus them so I’d better support us. Which makes Trump vulnerable to a challenge within his tribe. Maybe the GOP loves listening to Trump create needless chaos, but I think there’s a chunk that misses decorum.

Trump still wins his party’s nomination in 2020. I’m not stupid enough to believe he won’t. But every incumbent who beat off a credible primary challenge has lost the general election.

Actively fighting to gut healthcare in this country as we know it and throwing millions of his base off Medicaid, I'm sure, can only help his 2020 electoral chances.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Casey Finnigan posted:

Are the Chapo guys still allied with Cum Town, a show that has tons of homophobic/transphobic/racist clips on YouTube that are all like "THIS IS A JOKE AND JUST IRONIC" and if you dare complain about it to their fans they will call you poo poo like "limp-dick idpol wrecker"

amber from chapo was roommates with nick from cumtown and adam from cumtown has been on chapo a couple times.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Krispy Wafer posted:

. But every incumbent who beat off a credible primary challenge has lost the general election.

Any source on that? I'm intrigued

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

Chapo isn't alone in problematic humor in an otherwise good leftist podcast. The Majority Report is great, but Michael Brooks' (annoying) "impressions" often include plenty of "ironic" racism and homophobia yuk yuk yuk

Nobody is perfect, but I haven't listened to a Chapo since the Barr Summary came out, because I don't think they'd survive in my podcatcher if they sound ANYTHING like loving Taibbi and Greenwald on twitter.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Ripoff posted:

Behind the Bastards is good, though. Everyone should listen to that.

He's got a new one out as well - It Could Happen Here.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Krispy Wafer posted:

Wouldnt they have had to announce by now?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

amber from chapo was roommates with nick from cumtown and adam from cumtown has been on chapo a couple times.

And Stav once for what has become a triple platinum episode

I don't actually "get" Cumtown and I hate that the Chapo thread her eis just a proxy Cumtown thread but I like all the guys individually.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Cody from Some More News and his producer do a pod named Even More News thats solid if not kind of dry. So if you find Chapo and PSA insufferable like myself it's a decent option if you need to hear people bitch about Trump

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Chapo isn't alone in problematic humor in an otherwise good leftist podcast. The Majority Report is great, but Michael Brooks' (annoying) "impressions" often include plenty of "ironic" racism and homophobia yuk yuk yuk

Nobody is perfect, but I haven't listened to a Chapo since the Barr Summary came out, because I don't think they'd survive in my podcatcher if they sound ANYTHING like loving Taibbi and Greenwald on twitter.

I put off listening to the most recent episodes for the same reason, but honestly their take is pretty reasonable and not really gloating.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I like a podcast about chain restaurants

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Frankly I would never listen to any politics podcast even if it was hosted by the best people in the world cause I spend enough time following the news and I don't need to take that poo poo with me in audio form.

Doughboys is definitely the way to go

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Cumtown is a loving terrible name.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

they've talked about how he should be impeached for way more obvious poo poo.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

pacerhimself posted:

Well, one could also surmise that instead of actively courting anyone but their base, they're instead relying on the Democratic party to nominate another pariah of some sort or another (and that wouldn't be a wildly improbable assumption).

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
"Trump, who we secretly support, is cleared of all suspicion and has become Presidential" --the Chapo boys, probably

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Critical posted:

Cody from Some More News and his producer do a pod named Even More News thats solid if not kind of dry. So if you find Chapo and PSA insufferable like myself it's a decent option if you need to hear people bitch about Trump

I haven't listened to their podcast yet, but the YouTube show is great. It needs a bit more punch, but it's funny.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/MoveOn/status/1111406439724011520

Here is Schiffs response to the bullshit chud letter and Nunes looks like he got slapped in the face as it dawns on him how this is not a good look lol

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

friendbot2000 posted:

Here is Schiffs response to the bullshit chud letter and Nunes looks like he got slapped in the face as it dawns on him how this is not a good look lol

I wonder when Nunes is going to sue Schiff for making him look stupid and hurting his feelings.

Schiff's response to that nonsense was great.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Krispy Wafer posted:

The only way to challenge Trump from within his tribe would be to attack him from the right by being even more crass and racist.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, it's this. It's a two minute's hate that's lasting for four years. They get off on the spite and petty brutality just as much as he does. They like that he's stupid because they're stupid. They see themselves in him, and they're right.

This is it. This man is the symbol for a huge swath of his addled generation. Not all, but a disturbing amount.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

I also haven’t listened since the Barr memo episode. I couldn’t even finish it. I already gave up on PSA. Chapo’s unwillingness to engage in productive discourse and constant fatalism is getting old.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Nation of islam obama is hilarious I wont hear otherwise

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The only way to challenge Trump from within his tribe would be to attack him from the right by being even more crass and racist.

Honestly Trump is probably not nearly as racist as his base, so it's not impossible

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Deified Data posted:

Honestly Trump is probably not nearly as racist as his base, so it's not impossible

Trump is racist as a function of his base; he'll say and do whatever gets him the most cheers and claps. That's been his main advantage with the Republican party all along; he has no internal limits on his self-interest and everyone else does.

Anyone who could out-Trump Trump would be an even more horrible person than Trump is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Post-Trump GOP is going to be America's Next Top Fascist.