Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Countblanc posted:

My pet theory is that, since Eden is devoid of all elements, no one will get elemental aligned spells. So give BLM Nuke

SMN gets a summon for Demi-WarMech (which casts Nuke)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Scathe II through IV

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Leal posted:

Verfoul

So what's the white magic equivalent

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Countblanc posted:

My pet theory is that, since Eden is devoid of all elements, no one will get elemental aligned spells. So give BLM Nuke

BLM will get Zettaflare, making the WoL the 2nd most powerful black mage after too many zippers.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

MechaX posted:

So what's the white magic equivalent

Verhol- Wait.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

wait hold on I never actually knew there was a Holyga and Holyja until I looked it up just now

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Leal posted:

Verhol- Wait.

Verrais-hmm.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Ver-Pearl obviously.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
VerFair.

Fair is Foul, Foul is Fair, etc, etc.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

SMN gets a summon for Demi-WarMech (which casts Nuke)

It's RNG-based, though, and only has a 3/64 chance of appearing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

machinist gets a SAW

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Leal posted:

Also the good thing about Squaddie dungeons is that they don't give you any sass.

E: Page snipe

https://i.imgur.com/VtnMYfZ.mp4

good dogg

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

SERAH?! SERAH!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
@harrow i have your left side

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

got my MCH to 70 finally and from my HoH bags i got the best barding

:colbert:

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

With leatherworker as the last one, I'm finally ready for ShB.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Got SAM to 70 today, and with that I've competed all the stormblood sidequests except Hildy and now I'm ready for Shadowbringers. Still working on crafting all the regular items in the game so that'll keep me occupied.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phone posted:

@harrow i have your left side

Thank you so much! That's a huge help. My character name is Jasper Heiral, I guess just send me a message when you're on?

Thanks!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

turns out controller is as good and cool as y'all said, who knew

i'm still slow and unwieldy at it, ESPECIALLY at targeting in aoe/single target situations (oh my god any tips to make that easier/more accurate appreciated :gonk:), but actually controlling the character is smooth and silky, even with my slightly odd crossbar layout.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

i'm still slow and unwieldy at it, ESPECIALLY at targeting in aoe/single target situations (oh my god any tips to make that easier/more accurate appreciated :gonk:), but actually controlling the character is smooth and silky, even with my slightly odd crossbar layout.

You can cycle through target (like, pressing tab on m+kb) using LT/RT and the bumpers. Left bumper + d-pad up and down cycles through enemy aggro list. For ground targetted stuff... macros work pretty good, but I just have the circle set to target me and i swivel the camera around to target it manually.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

I use JoyToKey to map L2 to tab so that controller targeting works exactly like keyboard targeting

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
targeting specific enemies in aoe situations kinda sucks with a controller but there are a couple ways i've figured out how to make it a bit easier.

-rotate the camera so only relevant monsters are visible. especially if you're in a big room where there are monsters wandering around in the background (think the first room of aurum vale). Or if there's like just too many enemies in a single pull and you need to prioritize one to target, you can rotate your camera so some of them temporarily aren't visible, and you won't target them.

-you can cycle between enemies both to your left and to your right using the respective shoulder buttons.

-If you untarget an enemy and then re-engage, it will usually target the enemy nearest to your character. So if you're a tank and there's a big group of monsters in front of you, and a stray add is approaching your healer from your right side, you can untarget your current enemy, move slightly to the right of the big group of monsters, and re-engage. It'll have you target one of the rightmost enemies in the pack. Then you can just use the right shoulder button to shift to the stray add because it's the only monster to your right.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I don't see an option anywhere to enable bumper-targeting like you're all talking about in this confounding configuration menu. :argh:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There’s a tab in the config that lets you set what targeting will target. The default will have enemies and objects (i can’t remember the actual word) on left/right and party list on up/down.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I don't see an option anywhere to enable bumper-targeting like you're all talking about in this confounding configuration menu. :argh:

L1/R1 or LB/RB transform from their normal functions to "change target left/right" when your crossbar is up (so by default, when you're holding a trigger).

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 30, 2019

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Holding down LB and pressing up or down allows you to navigate the threat list.

This is crucial for good BRDing in AoE situations (and other DoTs).

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Since Shopko is going bankrupt, my friend and I went to go see if there was anything left of value.

they also had several Evanescence CDs

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
the WXHB is loving brilliant and more online games need to take advantage of the precedent set by FFXIV for controllers.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Trasson posted:

L1/R1 or LB/RB transform from their normal functions to "change target left/right" when your crossbar is up (so by default, when you're holding a trigger).

The bumpers don't seem to do anything at all when triggers are held, for me. :confused:

(e) Nevermind, changing some option or another in character configuration fixed the problem. :ms:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 30, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kurieg posted:

they also had several Evanescence CDs

Probably get more value outta this.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Get value for those years when you liked nu-metal.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I wonder if changes for BLU will be announced in May as well.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
blu isnt getting updated until 5.1, so i imagine not

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
BLU feels fine.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Verranicus posted:

BLU feels fine.

I see you too are a fan of a 1 button rotation.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Self Destruct does own, it's true,

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Failboattootoot posted:

Guilty as charged.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

The Grimace posted:

the WXHB is loving brilliant and more online games need to take advantage of the precedent set by FFXIV for controllers.

the WXHB is something that I fully admit I need to learn at a certain point and it's probably 200% better than my current method, but sorry, I'm too used to having two hotbars and double clicking to get past the general action hot bar (and to this day, I still gently caress up every now and then, only single click, and press something on that hot bar instead of an attack for a GCD).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah bard is pretty ok