Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xik posted:

"HS" = High School? So what they are like 16 and there are a whole bunch of older men "lining up" to check them out in a bikini's? :stare:

Yes, because OP is so dense to outside information they could prevent an Angel attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Xik posted:

"HS" = High School? So what they are like 16 and there are a whole bunch of older men "lining up" to check them out in a bikini's? :stare:

the high school cheerleader bikini car wash is a common feature of american popular media/old pervert sexual fantasy.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 31, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Xik posted:

Yup. That's probably why the lines got so long. Because people are perverts.

I don't see many car washes these days that aren't for churches or high school band. No one wears bikinis there.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

the high school cheerleader bikini car wash is a common feature of american popular media.

Not for several decades now. Like it was a weird out of touch bit when I was a kid and now it only exists a joke in the same way you would jest a person ride a zepplin to get where they want to go.

if this poor person were only able to rub their two functional neurons together they might have realized even just one of the myriad reasons why this was a terrible idea.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Perhaps they were california girls?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Dazerbeams posted:

I wonder if the transphobic transperson would change her tune once all those lovely prejudices applied to her, or if she’s so damaged that she’d believe it was perfectly acceptable and deserved.

TERFS exist, so I suspect not.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

caterpillaropera posted:

The staff at the storage place will 100% figure out something shady is going on when you bring ladies there regularly for hours of sexy ouchie times.

Whether they bother listening in is going to depend on how gross everyone looks.

The plan is actually foolproof. The kind of guy who builds a sex dungeon in a storage shed is unlikely to be able to convince a girl to go there. The only danger is he will get depressed and try self-bondage and get stuck and have to scream for the staff to come get him out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive worked for minimum wage, he can scream all he wants I aint helping.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I (35f) left my husband (35m) for being jealous of our daughter (18f) and they don't accept it

quote:

Hi. I (35f) don't speak English as a first language.

I was always insecure. I was bullied for being overweight, poor, my bad grades, didn't finish high school. My birth family never really cared about me. I was jealous about every female friend I have ever had. Just a mess.

I met my husband Eric (now 35m) and fell in love. He is amazing in every way, just a loving and sweet man. He comes from a wealthy family, is very hanson and bright, so I never understood what he saw in me. I got pregnant very young. My parents kicked me out so I went to live with him and my in laws. We got married and raised our daughter Ana, now 18.

Eric and I have a beautiful relationship but I never felt relaxed around him, his parents and our daughter. I also get jealous of his coworkers and friends because I am afraid he will cheat with someone pretty. In his family people are all thin, beautiful, academics oriented, good at sports, with controlled emotions, in this rich world. I feel totally inadequate, that I don't belong.

I think I was a good mom but I started feeling jealous of my daughter a year ago, because she is model and going to a great university. I found myself yelling at my husband and daughter and they don't deserve that. I love them but don't feel connected to them.

My husband said it was because I am insecure. He paid for classes, gym, beauty treatment, therapy, trying to fix my self esteem.

I became friends with my daughter former nanny, Jen. She has a simple life that I crave. She lives in a world, surrounds herself with ordinary people and I realize that is what I want. I don't want to be jealous of my daughter or my husband's coworkers or feel like crapp.

My husband and my now adult daughter don't need me so I had a talk with them and told them that they are better without me. They both reacted badly and told my in laws, who reacted worse.

I decided to pack everything and moved in alone. I got a job at a pet store and started to rebuild my life. Since then I got angry mail, angry calls and texts. They also came twice to my job and home to demand explanations. It seems they don't understand is over now because of my issues.

TL;DR what should I do? Am i wrong?

OP beat us to the punch on :sever:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My boyfriend [27M] destroys things when he loses at FIFA (a videogame).

Pretty much as the title says. We've been dating for about two years and been long distance for most of that. He is normally incredibly chill, happy-go-lucky, and charming. He can make lasting friendships with anyone right away. But for some reason, when he starts playing FIFA (a soccer video game), and he happens to lose multiple games in a row, he completely loses his mind. He once accidentally broke his new tv because he threw his phone at the ground really hard and it bounced up and cracked the screen. He broke a laptop in high school by hitting it (I think). He nicked a good part of a pool table leg out once by kicking it. And just last night he cracked a window by throwing something at it (according to him he was not intending to break it). He stays in a really angry sullen mood for about an hour after these incidents. He's never been physically violent with me or anyone, but I still really dislike this behavior and sometimes just really want to tell him to grow up. He was really sad today and said that he thought this issue makes me love him less, and it's not exactly that, but it does make me respect him a little less.

Full disclosure, I really hate losing too, but never have I ever destroyed my own, or someone else's, property. That also pisses me off when he breaks things that aren't his, even if he pays for them after the fact. And I'm also concerned that maybe one day that behavior could potentially graduate to hitting people, although he's shown no signs of that. He really is very sweet when he's not in a post-videogame rage.

How can I get through to him that I really need this behavior to stop? I told him today just that, that I really need it to stop, but it bothers me that I have told him before and he still pulled this poo poo again last night. To his credit, he hasn't broken anything in months prior to last night.

tl;dr Boyfriend breaks things when he's in a post-videogame rage. How can I get through to him to make it stop?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I (35f) left my husband (35m) for being jealous of our daughter (18f) and they don't accept it

drat, thats a powerful case of toxoplasmosis.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Barudak posted:

Then you would end up having to clean up the corpse that rotted all over the sex dungeon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xenocides posted:

Then you would end up having to clean up the corpse that rotted all over the sex dungeon.

Not if I mention a funny smell when I leave my shift, then its the next persons problem.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My boyfriend [27M] destroys things when he loses at FIFA (a videogame).

Pretty much as the title says. We've been dating for about two years and been long distance for most of that. He is normally incredibly chill, happy-go-lucky, and charming. He can make lasting friendships with anyone right away. But for some reason, when he starts playing FIFA (a soccer video game), and he happens to lose multiple games in a row, he completely loses his mind. He once accidentally broke his new tv because he threw his phone at the ground really hard and it bounced up and cracked the screen. He broke a laptop in high school by hitting it (I think). He nicked a good part of a pool table leg out once by kicking it. And just last night he cracked a window by throwing something at it (according to him he was not intending to break it). He stays in a really angry sullen mood for about an hour after these incidents. He's never been physically violent with me or anyone, but I still really dislike this behavior and sometimes just really want to tell him to grow up. He was really sad today and said that he thought this issue makes me love him less, and it's not exactly that, but it does make me respect him a little less.

Full disclosure, I really hate losing too, but never have I ever destroyed my own, or someone else's, property. That also pisses me off when he breaks things that aren't his, even if he pays for them after the fact. And I'm also concerned that maybe one day that behavior could potentially graduate to hitting people, although he's shown no signs of that. He really is very sweet when he's not in a post-videogame rage.

How can I get through to him that I really need this behavior to stop? I told him today just that, that I really need it to stop, but it bothers me that I have told him before and he still pulled this poo poo again last night. To his credit, he hasn't broken anything in months prior to last night.

tl;dr Boyfriend breaks things when he's in a post-videogame rage. How can I get through to him to make it stop?

Soccer: not even once.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's just part of the culture.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for pranking my friend by clandestinely releasing a Snapping Turtle in his house?

I was in this tit-for-tat prank contest with a friend and I put a live, approx. 8 pound Snapping Turtle his house without him knowing.

He was supposed to be by himself for the weekend but plans changed and his wife found the turtle which bit her on the finger. It took seven stitiches to close the wound.

Now my friend is all pissed off and said that I "took it too far" even though he stuck a sack full of HUMAN feces in my car's glovebox last week.

AITA for continuing the prank battle? I'm sorry about his wife's finger but that was an unexpected outcome.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for turning down a "well-endowed" woman?

Throwaway since close friends know my main. Brief Sidenote: I've always preferred more boyish-looking women, e.g tall, smaller breasts, short hair, etc. Now, onto the story.

My Ex-GF and I recently seperated, and I decided to try blind dating. I started chatting with this woman - she was great: funny, snarky, a bit sarcastic, and just overall a blast to talk to. We agreed to meet at this local Italian place about halfway between us. I turned up, and well, she was very "womanly" let's say. We talked for a bit, ate, and at the end of the date she asked if I'd like to meet up again.

Her: So, when's next time?

Me: Er, about that.... sorry, but I don't really know if I'd like that.

Her: What? Why not?

Me: Well, how do I put this... you've got a nice personality but you're a bit too well-off in the chest area.

Her: Are you calling me fat?

I tried to explain that no, I didn't mean that at all, I just prefer smaller breasts when she storms off, leaving me alone with the bill. I felt like a right dick at that point, so I just paid and left. When I told my sister about this, she got pissed and started telling me I was really rude and should apologise, but I think although I was a tad rude, paying for her food was more than enough of an apology, especially since she didn't even give me a chance to explain myself.

So, Reddit, AITA?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for pranking my friend by clandestinely releasing a Snapping Turtle in his house?

I was in this tit-for-tat prank contest with a friend and I put a live, approx. 8 pound Snapping Turtle his house without him knowing.

He was supposed to be by himself for the weekend but plans changed and his wife found the turtle which bit her on the finger. It took seven stitiches to close the wound.

Now my friend is all pissed off and said that I "took it too far" even though he stuck a sack full of HUMAN feces in my car's glovebox last week.

AITA for continuing the prank battle? I'm sorry about his wife's finger but that was an unexpected outcome.

Oh yeah, just let loose something that can bite off fingers, that's fine. She's lucky it just took stitches.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Congratulations, you are both The Assholes.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Throwaway since close friends know my main. Brief Sidenote: I've always preferred more boyish-looking women, e.g tall, smaller breasts, short hair, etc. Now, onto the story.

My Ex-GF and I recently seperated, and I decided to try blind dating. I started chatting with this woman - she was great: funny, snarky, a bit sarcastic, and just overall a blast to talk to. We agreed to meet at this local Italian place about halfway between us. I turned up, and well, she was very "womanly" let's say. We talked for a bit, ate, and at the end of the date she asked if I'd like to meet up again.

Me: Well, how do I put this... you've got a nice personality but you're a bit too well-off in the chest area.

I tried to explain that no, I didn't mean that at all, I just prefer smaller breasts when she storms off, leaving me alone with the bill. I felt like a right dick at that point, so I just paid and left. When I told my sister about this, she got pissed and started telling me I was really rude and should apologise, but I think although I was a tad rude, paying for her food was more than enough of an apology, especially since she didn't even give me a chance to explain myself.

So, Reddit, AITA?

Oh my loving god.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Barudak posted:

he'll let you use the dungeon for free afterwards

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Yup. That's probably why the lines got so long. Because people are perverts.

I don't see many car washes these days that aren't for churches or high school band. No one wears bikinis there.

i sometimes go get my car washed at the local church and there are definitely a few women in cut-offs and midriff-revealing tops. that seems like appropriate attire when you're washing a bunch of cars, do the people at your churches wear full habits cause that'd at least be a pretty funny image

it sucks that this teacher is probably going to get fired over it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Such a shallow man yet still diving head-first

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for hosting a family dinner but making a Thai peanut dish specifically so my sister and her kids couldn't attend (too spicy and allergic to peanuts)?

Hello again AITA, you guys have previously weighed in on the long running battle between me and my sister so I figured I'd turn to you again to see if I really messed up. I'm always on my family's bad side so I appreciated the neutral input last time.

Somehow it's become a tradition in my family that one family member host a Friday night dinner once a month. Last night was my night. My oldest sister and I have not been speaking since our vacation (click on user name to see why if you're curious) and I was able to avoid her at the January and February dinner at other's houses. I really, really didn't want her in my apartment. So I decided since she hates spicy food and her kids are allegedly allergic to peanuts, I could side step the issue and make this Thai peanut noodle dish that I love. I announced it well in advance in the group email what I was planning.

Well since my sister is much more diabolical than I give her credit for, she had her husband drive the 2 hours to my place, feign that she didn't know I was making something that allowed her to say "you know my family can't eat! Isn't the point of a family dinner so all the family can enjoy!" While clutching her pearls (literally). Then my niece claimed she could feel the "peanut residue in the air" and it was affecting her ability to breathe. So my sister dramatically took her to the emergency room where all turned out to be fine.

But again, I lost. My sister played me like a fiddle and the entire family took her side. Dinner was ruined and I'm the bad guy. Again. I honestly just tried to side step the issue of having her around but making somthing she and her kids couldn't eat--and announcing it well in advance.

My family thinks I'm the rear end in a top hat. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Dazerbeams posted:

I wonder if the transphobic transperson would change her tune once all those lovely prejudices applied to her, or if she’s so damaged that she’d believe it was perfectly acceptable and deserved.

American identity politics are pretty hosed if nobody is allowed to have any nuanced or differing opinions from the mass. On the right, if you agree with one single issue you’re welcomed with open arms. On the left, if you don’t agree with ALL of our platform, we eat you until you die you loving Monster.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Switchback posted:

American identity politics are pretty hosed if nobody is allowed to have any nuanced or differing opinions from the mass. On the right, if you agree with one single issue you’re welcomed with open arms. On the left, if you don’t agree with ALL of our platform, we eat you until you die you loving Monster.

'Nuanced and or differing opinions' means 'I accept all people as equals who deserve the same rights... except those, and those, and those, and especially THOSE, they need to loving know their place' apparently.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Smirking_Serpent posted:

op i'm not sure you and this guy are actually friends

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
"help! me and my arch-enemy's murderous blood feud took a violent turn"

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Idk, why not prank them with a carbomb or a shotgun trap next time?

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
a snapping turtle is a really creative assassination attempt though, he gets points for originality

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
his "friend" should park a live jaguar in his garage next

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

nankeen posted:

"help! me and my arch-enemy's murderous blood feud took a violent turn"

The Venture Bros is an r/relationships gold mine

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So, Reddit, AITA?

Crossreference the results with posts where women reject the dude the same way because he's not tall enough.

Error

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Switchback posted:

People are allowed to have "nuanced and differing opinions," and are also allowed to dunk on trans people complaining they have too many rights and suggesting society should dial back the whole equality thing a skosh.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for hosting a family dinner but making a Thai peanut dish specifically so my sister and her kids couldn't attend (too spicy and allergic to peanuts)?

Hello again AITA, you guys have previously weighed in on the long running battle between me and my sister so I figured I'd turn to you again to see if I really messed up. I'm always on my family's bad side so I appreciated the neutral input last time.

Somehow it's become a tradition in my family that one family member host a Friday night dinner once a month. Last night was my night. My oldest sister and I have not been speaking since our vacation (click on user name to see why if you're curious) and I was able to avoid her at the January and February dinner at other's houses. I really, really didn't want her in my apartment. So I decided since she hates spicy food and her kids are allegedly allergic to peanuts, I could side step the issue and make this Thai peanut noodle dish that I love. I announced it well in advance in the group email what I was planning.

Well since my sister is much more diabolical than I give her credit for, she had her husband drive the 2 hours to my place, feign that she didn't know I was making something that allowed her to say "you know my family can't eat! Isn't the point of a family dinner so all the family can enjoy!" While clutching her pearls (literally). Then my niece claimed she could feel the "peanut residue in the air" and it was affecting her ability to breathe. So my sister dramatically took her to the emergency room where all turned out to be fine.

But again, I lost. My sister played me like a fiddle and the entire family took her side. Dinner was ruined and I'm the bad guy. Again. I honestly just tried to side step the issue of having her around but making somthing she and her kids couldn't eat--and announcing it well in advance.

My family thinks I'm the rear end in a top hat. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

You can’t just drop this here without telling us why they’re not speaking

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

You can’t just drop this here without telling us why they’re not speaking

quote:

AITA for wearing a thong on the beach even though I'm a "bigger" girl...it caused a fight that's lasted over a month among my family.

**warning...warning...** THIS IS NOT A VALIDATION POST. I KNOW WHO I AM. I do not need validation from strangers. I want to know if I SHOULD have done something different and as such IF I should do something different the next time this type of thing comes up.

**preface:**

Some background is in order. I am one of four sisters. I am the second oldest. I have always been a bit a black sheep in that my genetics take after my mom's side of the family and I am much heavier than my sisters who are all spectacularly gorgeous, thin and athletic. I am "pretty" but I also weight 250lbs (which I was ashamed of for a long time, now I try to accept who I am which is why I don't mind saying it here).

Earlier in the year my dad mad a huge amount of money from selling some stock options at his work. His dream has always been taking a huge family vacation so my parents, myself, two of my sisters and their spouses and kids (all under 10) with my other single sister rounding it out are all on the trip. We were at an absolutely gorgeous beach resort for Christmas.

I decided since I've accepted my weight as it is, I was also going to not be ashamed and "cover up" like I used to. In fact, I figured "screw it, I'm 28 and was going to catch me a hot foreign dude on the trip. I'm showing some skin!" So I got three new swimsuits, one is a full on thong one piece, the other two are very "cheeky" bikinis.

**the incident:**

Maybe four days in I finally felt confident enough to wear the one piece without a sarong. when I got down to the beach with the rest of the family I took off my robe and laid down, first on my back. I could see my older sister just staring daggers at me and when I turned over to get some sun on my bum, she said something like "seriously Janey? There's kids here!" I asked her what she was talking about and she said that it was totally inappropriate that my rear end was "hanging out." I told her I didn't appreciate her comment. She said she didn't appreciate me embarrassing her. I told her to take a look at our youngest sister (who is 19) and she was literally wearing a string bikini with mere inches of fabric that showed more of her rear end than mine.

My oldest sister then told me that if I didn't understand the difference than there was something wrong with me. I asked her if it was because I was fat? She told me something really rude like "Janey this is why we don't have a relationship, you make everything loving difficult." She then packed up her husband and kids and left the beach and I didn't see them until dinner that night.

**The fallout:**

My oldest sister didn't say a friendly word to me the entire rest of the trip. She has some wicked mean girl abilities and because of her I was pretty much isolated from my family from the rest of the trip. I did get to go to a few dinners but no one would tell me when they were going to the beach so for the rest of the trip I didn't see get to see or play with my nieces and nephews on the beachfront. It sucked and made me feel really sad, neglected and even guilty for standing my ground.

We all independently flew home and I have gotten emails from my oldest sister, my mom and my dad all saying that "your clothing choices essentially ruined a family vacation and we are so disappointed." Just on a lark I called my youngest sister and said something like "hey sis, crazy how our family is freaking out about thong swimwear, even though its the style everywhere now...huh!?" she responded with "what are you talking about? no one is freaking out about my swimwear." So yeah...they are again freaking out because I'm a bigger girl. Skinny girls can show their rear end, fat girls can't.

Well to top all of this off, I just found out that my two sisters with kids are planning on meeting up in Destin for Spring Break because their kids had so much fun on the beach with each other. The trip has been mentioned to my younger sister, I don't think she's technically invited but I'm sure they wouldn't say no if she wanted to go. Guess who hasn't had the trip mentioned to them...even though I spoke with my other middle sister. Yup.

So did I cause all these by being the rear end in a top hat by wearing the swimsuit of my choice? Or is this my family being lovely to me?

AITA?

She had another post about her fiance but I couldn't be arsed,she comments on every reply and is super defensive

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

She had another post about her fiance but I couldn't be arsed,she comments on every reply and is super defensive

Hoohooo this is a funny post. Here’s a spicy comment from the reddit thread:

quote:

Alright, I'll be the one to say it, and I say this knowing im gonna get poo poo on since this is clearly a validation post thats gonna be filled with, well, validation.

You know that if you're fatter, your rear end is going to stick out an absurd amount in a thong. You know this for a fact. You said it yourself. You knew you would get a different type of reaction. Now if you want to accept your body, whatever, who cares but yeah some kids would be put off seeing a giant bare rear end on the beach. A smaller rear end wouldn't envelope the cloth as much so it wouldnt look like your sister was naked.

Heres what I don't get, I know fat guys. I work with them. If their fatness becomes an issue, for instance they're blocking a doorway or they're taking up multiple seats or they're slowing down the people behind them, I can just talk to them about it and they'd laugh it off and fix the issue.

They don't get involved in fat pride movements or get offended when they're treated differently for their own choices.

IMO, YTA

Hating on fat people AND women and it has +135 comment score.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My boss [50s m] sent me [22f] a very creepy text, I responded angrier than I should have.

I work at an engineering company. I left my previous job because I was harassed by a superior, and HR didn’t help, and most of my coworkers there sided with the guy who harassed me. So I admit that kind of thing is a sore spot for me.

But I got my current job, got out of there, and thought everything was better for a while. My team at my current job and I all have each other’s phone numbers to coordinate the occasional work travel but that hasn’t caused any problems so far. My boss, I’ll call him Daniel, had sent me complements over text before but they never seemed to cross a line, they were all about my work, my work ethic, my accomplishments, etc.

———

Yesterday night, I was just having a really bad night. I’d accidentally ran into someone from my old job, when my friends and I were out drinking, and that got me thinking about how angry I was about how things ended with that old job. I took a pay cut just to get away, I alsolost out on 10 thousand dollars of my 401K match because I left too early, and the last few months before I left had just been really awful on me emotionally. It caused me to damage some friendships because I was too drained to spend time with my friends, and I cancelled on people more than I should have.

Once I started dwelling on that old pain, I decided to stop drinking and just go home because I knew no good would come of continuing to drink when I was in a sour mood. So I told my friends I was not feeling well and I called an Uber for myself.

———

When I was in the Uber, I got a text from my current boss Daniel, he was calling me beautiful, that he adored my body, saying he couldn’t get his mind off me, said he could tell I felt similarly.

(WTF NO)

That was so out of the blue and unwanted for me. Plus, I was already in a sour mood about having been harassed out of my past job. So I kinda spiralled mentally. Thinking “Not again, I just left a place because of this bullshit, I can’t believe this is happening again, gently caress you.’ I guess my anger at how stuff ended at my last job compounded with my anger at having gotten that text from my boss, and my fear that I’d go through the same thing again…

I was so panicked that I was shaking all over and was having trouble typing, but I managed to slowly type out “go to hell you wrinkly c***, don’ you ever text me again, don’t you ever loving think for one minute that you can put your hands on me, or even loving look at me the wrong way. if you try poo poo with me at work i will defend my self with everything i have.” I felt really good for the first few seconds after I sent it, I’d regretted not standing up for myself more at my last job so it felt so good to get my uncensored thoughts out. But then it hit me how I may have majorly hosed up. And then I blocked my boss’s number.

I don’t know if Daniel sent me anything more after that because I haven’t unblocked him.

I went home and decided to just go to bed and not say or do anything more I might regret until I’d slept and sobered up. And now it’s the next day, and I’m stressed as hell.

On one hand, I think I ought have done the “right thing” and gone straight to HR, and that I royally hosed up for speaking for myself so angrily. But on the other hand I don’t really trust HR departments to handle poo poo anymore, and I’m thinking maybe there’s a chance I’ve resolved stuff for good all on my own So… I’d really like some advice. What do I do at work on Monday? Damage control somehow, or just walk in there with my head held high and rise above all this?

tl;dr - My boss sent me a creepy message, I sent a very angry one back. What do I need to do on Monday to save my job?

If she was any more polite he would have taken it as interest in him.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dienes posted:

If she was any more polite he would have taken it as interest in him.

Now she's just playing hard to get

Switchback posted:

And yet the brittlest weenie, for whom any instance of mild criticism from any quarter is comparable to being eaten loving alive and worthy of a manifesto, thrive here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'Nuanced and or differing opinions' means 'I accept all people as equals who deserve the same rights... except those, and those, and those, and especially THOSE, they need to loving know their place' apparently.

There’s a miles big difference between arguing over like liberalism vs socialism versus allowing universal human rights vs not having basic human rights for certain groups.