Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Giving my 18-year-old son a loving Rolex. Not just a loving Rolex, but one with sentimental family value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Sagebrush posted:

I think that unless they're attending BFE College at Sticksville the building will be connected to a regular sewer, not a septic tank

you're a fuckin freak

e: i think i actually had an argument with you years ago because you said suicidal people deserve to die. lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tetramin posted:

you're a fuckin freak

e: i think i actually had an argument with you years ago because you said suicidal people deserve to die. lol

I have many Powerful Opinions on Things but that isn't one of them, no. Must be thinking of someone else.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
r/relationships: you’re a fuckin freak

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

JFairfax posted:

I wonder if the wife just hosed randoms to conceive after months of trying with him because she didn't want to ask him if he was infertile?

AIDs was blowing up around the time they had their oldest kids, and he sounds educated which implies she was too, so I doubt it was randoms, and yet she should have known even in the 80s that paternity tests could ultimately expose her. She probably hosed his friends or her friends' husbands. She probably fetishized it too hence "wanting more kids" was actually "wanting more affairs." That said, the extra, literally creative step of converting the affair into a child each and every time is clearly a deliberate fetish, or it's revenge or indignation, because traditionally this is the ultimate payback for cheating on your wife with your job.

That said we have no idea what this dude's job is, and maybe he was going to the strip club every Friday with the other execs.

Honestly what a fascinating little tidbit of gossip.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

formatting is from the original post.
Me [27M] with My Girlfriend [26F] of 5 Years, I Hate That She is a Dog Abandoner

quote:

I have been with my girlfriend ("Emily") for 5 years. I love her very much, and I am not considering breaking up with her so please don't suggest this even if you are offended by her dog-abandoning ways.

But something has been really nagging me about Emily. She seems to have a history of abandoning her dogs, and doesn't seem to think it's a big deal. She bought a golden retriever when she moved into an apartment for college, and left it at a shelter after 2 years because it was too much work for her to handle in addition to her part-time job and school. This whole thing took place before we met, so I didn't know about it until she told me. She doesn't think that it was a big deal because it was a no-kill shelter and it was a purebred so she thought it would be adopted fast.

A few months ago, Emily bought a really cute pitbull puppy. I didn't stop her because (1) she seemed serious about it and had a lot of time on her hands because her job was pretty flexible at the time; (2) the golden retriever thing was many years ago; and (3) I don't want to be a crazy controlling boyfriend stopping my gf from getting a dog.

Now the puppy is ten months old. I had dinner with Emily yesterday and noticed the dog was gone. When I asked her where it went, she said she had dropped it off at a no-kill shelter because she felt overwhelmed. WTF?!??! No no no. She said that she was too busy to take care of him (she had just started a new job) and someone who is better suited could adopt him. She didn't seem to think it was a big deal because: (1) he is still a puppy and so he would be more likely adopted; **(2)**he is purebred and would be more likely adopted; and (3) the shelter is no kill. When I told her that I thought it was really really irresponsible for her to not honor her commitment to her dog, she said, "It's not like it's a kid or something."

My actual question is this: please give me advice on talking to my girlfriend? She has abandoned two dogs already and she's only 26. She doesn't seem to think it's a big deal, and seems convinced that the dogs will be fine because they're cute and purebreds. But I don't think there's any guarantee that they will be fine. I'm also especially worried about the pit bull because he's a pit bull and my impression is that shelters already have a hard time getting people to adopt them. Just thinking about it makes me have a sinking feeling in my stomach. I want to be able to explain to her why her actions were really bad, but I'm not good with words. Please help.

tl;dr: Girlfriend doesn't see what is wrong with adopting pets and giving them up when it becomes inconvenient. Because they're "just animals." This is a major turn-off, but I don't want to end the relationship because she is usually pretty open-minded. How can I convince her that this is not okay?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My (25F) boyfriend's (36M) dogs are ruining our relationship!

quote:

I feel like an evil, horrible person for even admitting this. I hope you guys will hear me out with an open mind. As a kid I was not allowed to have a dog because my father could not stand them. As a result, we always had cats growing up. This didn't bother me, because I was a very tiny and anxious little girl. Dogs scared the hell out of me. I was about a foot shorter than everyone else in my grade in elementary school, and dogs looked like giant barking horses to me. When I was 8 I was attacked by my friend's dog and ended up with many cuts and scratches. The fact that I walked to school as a child reinforced my aversion, because I ended up getting barked at by territorial dogs several times a day.

I would never want anything bad to happen to any dog. I objectively see them as interesting animals that are loyal, and some are very cute. I do however have a negative visceral reaction toward them that I fear may be deeply ingrained.

My boyfriend loves dogs. Particularly pitbulls. He moved here to Michigan for me and came with one pitbull in tow, a dog named Hailey who is banned from a county in Virginia for tearing up an old woman's cat in front of her when she got loose one day. As a result, I can not have a cat. She is 12 years old and doesn't have much time left, so I planned on just not having a cat at all until she passes away, and then we could get a puppy and kitten and raise them together.

However, five months ago he brought home another pitbull he found on the street. She is two years old, and really likes to tear stuff up.

My boyfriend works 10 hours a day and I work mostly from home. So it is me who is taking care of the animals, making sure they don't eat important non-food items (which they sometimes do anyway, including my $250 retainer), and making sure they don't kill each other (they are constantly wrestling). It has turned into a full time job.

What really gets me though, is that my boyfriend insists on the older dog Hailey sleeping in bed with us every night. Sometimes he encourages both dogs to sleep in our full size bed. The older dog Hailey snores like an obese 50 year old alcoholic, and I can't tune it out. I've taken to sleeping in the guest bedroom just so that I CAN. I normally snuggle with him for an hour-hour and a half each night trying to tune it out before giving up. I know from my past relationship how much sleeping in separate rooms can negatively impact a relationship, but I NEED to sleep! I'm a full time student and work at least 30 hours a week.

When I bring up the issues, he tells me I'm being silly and to "stop being jealous of a dog." I'm not JEALOUS of a dog. There is no trace of any emotion like jealousy in my mind. What I'm feeling is disrespected, angry, and turned off. I look at him spooning his dog like shes his wife, and I feel... disgust. I probably shouldn't feel disgust. What I should be feeling is "aww, he loves his pet, what a good man." Nope. Disgust.

I understand now why dating sites have you list what your pet of choice is, but I don't want this to ruin all the good that we have. HELP.

TL;DR: Childhood events have lead me to have an aversion toward dogs. Boyfriend is obsessed with dogs. He insists on them sleeping in our bed at night. The older one snores so I have to sleep in the guest room most nights. I feel annoyed and disrespected.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else remember that song from the 90's where a woman picks up a man and they go nuts all night, and she left in the morning with some note asking him not to find her, and some sweet little note that they went to a garden and they planted a tree? And then later he does find her and it turns out she used him as secret sperm donor because her husband was infertile and no one else knew? It was played like a romance song but gently caress when you hear the lyrics, even as a kid I thought it was hosed up.

As for the girl giving up her animals....it's not uncommon sadly. I work with an animal rescue and had to take time off answering the daily emails, which ranged from 10 to 20 a day of people wanting to give their pets to a no-kill shelter because they didn't want them anymore. Everything from dogs that bit kids to cats that were feral to 15 year old dogs who needed medicine they couldn't afford or surgery they didn't want to pay for.

Also for no kill shelters. There is an infamous rescue in my area that calls itself No Kill. Because any sick animal, or any animal with ringworm, they send to the pound to be put down. So they can call themselves no kill because they don't do it themselves.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

kill shelters. There is an infamous rescue in my area that calls itself No Kill. Because any sick animal, or any animal with ringworm, they send to the pound to be put down. So they can call themselves no kill because they don't do it themselves.
This practice is mentioned in the comments for the op to tell his girlfriend. I didn't know about it myself :smith:

Boyfriend (28m) found out how much money I (28f) have, he wants me to pay off for a house for us as well as a new car and fund a trip for him to go abroad, should I end it?

quote:

I want to make it clear that I've always spent money on my boyfriend, buying him nice things and what not. He got his PS4 and new gaming PC because of me. My boyfriend however found out that I have a good amount of money and has started to be quite weird about it.

Several times he's referred to my money as our money and using our money to buy him the luxury car he's dreamt of having, he wants us to move out of separate apartments and get a house together and has said instead of getting him a small Christmas gift that I should fund a trip for him to see Europe. (I'm from Italy and have family in Bulgaria, Croatia and The Netherlands) and he is from Canada.

Buying the luxury car, it's less whether I can afford it and more that seems like something you get your husband or wife and not your boyfriend of 3 years. The house I can understand, if we were engaged or something but we aren't though he has talked about marriage several times in the past few months and finally yes, I can afford a trip for both of us to tour Europe but whereas it's something I might have thought of for us to do before, he only brought this up after finding out that I do have the money to pay for it.

Is this reason enough to break up with him?

tl;dr bf found out I have money and suddenly our relationship and the things he wants all stem from that

update posted:

So I didn't automatically dump my boyfriend. I decided I'd have a talk with him, I told him that it was basically really drat inappropriate to find out I have money and start making demands. I told him I have no problems using my finances for our relationship but that he shouldn't automatically expect that I'm going to put out money on very expensive things for him, just because. He seemed very ashamed and agreed that it was a really crappy thing to do and he got carried away and a bit too excited. I told him I understood but to do that was very disrespectful to me and the time we've shared together because it made me feel like all of a sudden my money is what mattered.

For a little while it seemed all was well, then the other day we were having a minor argument over something that turned into a bigger argument and he said something along the lines of well you don't even want to use what you have for us so maybe you've never loving cared about me. He got really quiet as though he knew that was a lovely thing to say and we didn't talk until 2 days later. I was really angry, I was going to talk things through with him.

However this came the relationship fatality. He told a couple people we're good with, despite me asking him to keep the money quiet, that I was really rich and could afford tons of poo poo. How did I find out, Saturday we all went drinking together, he gets a bit too much in his system and orders an expensive bottle of wine, one of our friends was like who orders that poo poo, we're good with our beers and that's too expensive. Our other friend piped up and was like no it's good /u/FamilyHeiress is really rich, she can pick up our tab tonight, cue several other people who I've never told about my family's money suddenly grilling me on why I never trusted them enough to tell them about my money and oh, thought we were friends that kind of thing.

I broke up with him the next day. He's been blowing up my phone all day but gently caress him, I could have moved past what he said the other day when we were arguing but to tell people I specifically asked him not to something I trusted him so much with. Yeah, I've lost a 3 year relationship and am probably going to lose a few friends as well.

tl;dr talked to my bf, he said he'd make an effort, he didn't, told some of our friends that I was wealthy, they were shocked I didn't trust them with this, I dumped him, may lose some friends soon as well

Edit: for everyone asking the bottle was 460

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Wait, the dog is banned from a county?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dude definitely fucks them dogs

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i went back a few pages but couldnt find it whats this title from it sounds amusing

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

dudeness posted:

Wait, the dog is banned from a county?

Some counties and cities ban pitbulls, yeah.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Warbadger posted:

Some counties and cities ban pitbulls, yeah.

I understand that but the way she phrased it was like it tore up a cat and the sentencing was exile.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think it's just an artifact of the fact that there are no extradition treaties for dogs. They'd put it down for being aggressive, but at long as it stays outside the county there's nothing they can do.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

snergle posted:

i went back a few pages but couldnt find it whats this title from it sounds amusing

Dude got a pic of his six year old brother, who died, tattoo'ed on his chest, and his girlfriend understandably had a hard time having sex with him as a result. A very well done portrait of a kid she knew, staring at her. Dude called her a pedophile for thinking about the kid when they had sex, and that was her reply.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It was having dreams that it saw its fathers ghost walking the parapets asking for revenge and sought exile rather than confront his mother and uncle

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Lone Badger posted:

I think it's just an artifact of the fact that there are no extradition treaties for dogs. They'd put it down for being aggressive, but at long as it stays outside the county there's nothing they can do.

I think there’s a show about people who bring dogs back from other counties to face trial... something about dog bounty hunters. I think it’s on A&E.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are Dogs

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are Dogs

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cowslips Warren posted:

Dude got a pic of his six year old brother, who died, tattoo'ed on his chest, and his girlfriend understandably had a hard time having sex with him as a result. A very well done portrait of a kid she knew, staring at her. Dude called her a pedophile for thinking about the kid when they had sex, and that was her reply.

I seriously can't stop thinking about this. There's something about it all that is just so. loving. perfect.

Like, it's a terrible situation, the worst way of dealing with it, a full chest piece tattoo on a guy who never even had ink before, and he tried to turn the extremely reasonable "your giant dead six year old tattoo is weirding me out" around on her by calling her a pedophile. And she loving eviscerated him.

Honey I know your intention wasn't to break up, but that bridge done just burned itself, and you're better off for it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
This is different from the show about the dog that catches criminals: Hunter, the Bounty Dog

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Me [27M] with My Girlfriend [26F] of 5 Years, I Hate That She is a Dog Abandoner

:murder:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

i was on the side of the boyfriend until he got a surprise dog and then lets the dogs sleep on the bed with them

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For hating my mom for making me share a bed with her.

So my mom and I have been living in a 1 bdrm for some years. I turn 17 in a few months. My mom first couldn’t afford to get a second bed when we first moved but i was young (9) so it didn’t matter. Once I turned maybe 13-14 I started to speak up at how most kids my age at least sleeps in their own bed.

Let me clarify we are in no way, shape, or form broke. My mom earns a decent amount of money every week. Each time she has an excuse as to why she can’t get a bed for me. I know I might sound ungrateful but there’s many reasons why I NEED my own bed at least.

For one she snores, so there’s nights i’m up til 4 am tossing and turning. 2, she likes to cuddle me and I do not like that. I’ve told her maybe a 10-15 minutes is fine but not no 2-3 hours. She’ll get angry at me and call me selfish for not wanting to hug/cuddle her.

We’ve got a futon couch in the living room. But i can’t sleep there because she says it’ll ruin it... even though it’s made for sleeping. There’s been nights that I slept on the floor in order to get a good nights rest.

I don’t want to make it seem like I hate her with every bone in me because i don’t. I just hate her for making me share a bed with her for almost 10 years. She even brags about it to others like it’s something to be proud of. “Well MY daughter and I still sleep together” it’s quite embarrassing.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

CheesyDog posted:

*discovers thirty years of my life have been built upon lies by the person I have trusted most*

ah, looks like I am going to have to grow a lot as a person if I'm going to repress this successfully

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling a friend what her nickname really means or should I have let ignorance be bliss?

I live on campus in a dorm. My dorm mate is an rear end in a top hat sometimes. I also have a female friend that I hang out with on a regular basis.

She told me she thought my dorm mate was cute a while ago and I warned not to fool around with him multiple times. That he’s a dickhead even to the people he sleeps with. She chose not to take my advice.

Now my dorm mate has a nickname for her that’s basically about her vagina. She thought it was about her weight, like he was calling her fat. She’s not fat and kept just laughing it off and saying she’s not fat and whatever.

I’ve been conflicted about explaining to her what the nickname actually means. On one hand everyone else knows what it really means and she should be aware so she can deal with it however she wants. On the other, being called fat really didn’t bother her and sometimes ignorance is bliss. I didn’t want to make her feel embarrassed.

I ended up on the telling her side. She laughed it off and said that it was gross. I thought she was taking it pretty well and I was relieved. Now though she’s straight up ghosting me. I figured she might not want to be around my dorm mate anymore, but I didn’t think she’d totally cut me out of her life as well.

Beef on Beck. There’s this regional sandwich here called the Beef on Weck. It’s a a roast beef sandwich and her first name is Becca. After they first slept together he just called her roast beef and then turned it into that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pirate Radar posted:

This is different from the show about the dog that catches criminals: Hunter, the Bounty Dog

I thought that was Scooby-Doo. Or Inspector Rex. Or... there's a lot of those, actually.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I ended up on the telling her side. She laughed it off and said that it was gross. I thought she was taking it pretty well and I was relieved. Now though she’s straight up ghosting me.
Was the guy calling her this too? It doesn't seem like it. I remember when I was in highschool there was kid who had the nickname "Touchdown"; he thought it was fun until someone revealed it was short for "a touch of Down's".

My [21 /F] girlfriend has a scat fetish and wants me [23 M/] to poop on her.

quote:

Hello, so my girlfriend and I have been together for about five months, it's been going amazing and even though we've only been with each other for a short time I feel incredibly close to her.

We have a great sexual relationship, and are very I guess kinky we're open with what we wan't to try, re-enact, roleplay, we don't hold anything back, which is a reason why I feel so close to her, she knows all of my intimate details. Just a quick note, we do BDSM occasionally, we roleplay sometimes i've played a robber, murderer, '' pirate '', and she's played a princess and I a king. We do anal, crazy positions, just that kind of standard kinky.

Well, last night she told me she's been scared to tell me, or rather, tell any of her sexual partners of her fetish but since we're so open about our sexuality with eachother that she's into scat, and has always had a fantasy about someone '' pooping '' on her..

And I really don't know what to do. She asked me if i'd do it, and I stumbled a bit and said yes, but I still just don't know, i'm perplexed and kind of disgusted. What do I do?

tl;dr: Girlfriend want's me to poop on her, I said yes but I don't wan't to, I find it disgusting and am looking for advice on how to combat this. Thank you.

Edit : I'm going to poop on her and if i'm still repulsed by it we're going to try chocolate pudding. That was our agreement.
:pirate:

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 1, 2019

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tetramin posted:

That’s a great title lmao

:wrong:

it should've read dog kidnapper

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Try not to go to the zoo with anyone afterwards

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

If you abandon one dog assuming it's at a no kill shelter then fine some people are dumb and don't get that dogs are a lot of work.

If you abandon two dogs place yourself in the no kill shelter instead.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im imagining the film Homeward Bound except its about the pets she abandoned to die crossing the US to murder her.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The guy who would never take his girlfriend out to dinner posted an update.

UPDATE - AITA for very rarely/almost never wanting to go to restaurants because my girlfriend makes food that's just as good, if not better, than restaurant food?

quote:

A few months ago, I posted this post asking if I was an rear end in a top hat for not wanting to take my girlfriend out to restaurants. It blew up. It ended up on Twitter. People shared it to Facebook.

The general consensus was, yes, that I am the rear end in a top hat, and it just went downhill from there. A couple people told me to kill myself, so thanks for that. More than a couple people told me that they hoped my girlfriend broke up with me.

Well.

After I posted - and proposed and was rejected - things got pretty awkward between us for the first time in five years. She started to get snappy at me easily, she stopped being as affectionate to me, she started making pretty much nothing but casserole. Everything changed - to clarify, she usually liked to make more involved food than casserole.

Then one day, like three weeks ago, she threw down the spoon she was using to serve the thousandth casserole this month, and snipped at me, "Do you seriously loving think that I actually like eating at Olive Garden?"

Guys, she saw the post. She was furious.

She doesn't like Olive Garden - she'll eat there because the kids love it and it's cheap. I was right about the red sauce being non-acidic, but, well, in her words, "she never developed a taste for pasta, she's Latino, do I ever see her make pasta? No. A meal isn't complete without rice. You don't know me at all."

She yelled about Olive Garden for a solid twenty minutes. It wasn't just about Olive Garden, but it was a lot about Olive Garden.

Long story short, we've been separated for a few weeks now, and it's not looking good. She "loves and respects me but feels it's best for her to respectfully disengage" from me for her own personal betterment.

So, yeah.

TL;DR: I ruined my family by not appreciating my girlfriend. I didn't take her out on dates and I didn't pay enough attention. I would do anything to fix everything.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I Make All Dogs Go To Heaven

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Was the guy calling her this too? It doesn't seem like it. I remember when I was in highschool there was kid who had the nickname "Touchdown"; he thought it was fun until someone revealed it was short for "a touch of Down's".

:pirate:

They’re trying substances in the wrong order.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Heliogabalos posted:

That said we have no idea what this dude's job is, and maybe he was going to the strip club every Friday with the other execs.

Why would this detail matter?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

QuarkJets posted:

Why would this detail matter?

Well the man has to be the one at fault for this somehow

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

HMS Beagle posted:

UPDATE - AITA for very rarely/almost never wanting to go to restaurants because my girlfriend makes food that's just as good, if not better, than restaurant food?

Read this post and re-started the search for a reliable high school girl to babysit my kids so I can take my wife on a date more than once a quarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

HMS Beagle posted:

Lmao. My girlfriend's an incredible chef too. She made shepherd's pie and baked potatoes with this awesome cheese sauce and broccoli just this weekend alone. But I still took her out for Sunday brunch because I appreciate the hell out of her and we enjoy experiencing interesting food at restaurants together. I take her out for brunch or dinner all the drat time, usually once a week at least. What is wrong with some people and why don't they value their partners? :cripes: