Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

Mostly because his prank was getting her a nice set of lice-infested combs.

I know this response is super late and I don't care :colbert:

Did Thor give combs to Sif? I don't remember that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

(22/M) Is it okay to ask my Lyft driver (24??/F) out on LinkedIn?

quote:

So I was on a Lyft ride to a party on New Year's Eve. Got in the car. Close the door. Bam! Normal talk at the beginning of the ride: hi my name is bla bla bla... I noticed that the driver was pretty cute, about 23-26, but whatever.

I am usually chatty person, so I made a comment about the weather. My driver picked up, and talked about how cold it was when she was living in Wisconsin. We kept talking for the whole 15 minutes ride. Actually found out that she used to work at a pretty big company that I want to apply to, and had to quit due to family reason. She also said she wanted to come back to that company some time soon.

We got to the party. I got out, made a joke about next time seeing her, we would be co-workers at said company. She laughed and drove off. I simply thought she was cute and pleasant to talk to, and proceeded to get wasted that night (Happy New Year btw folks).

Fast-forward to today, I was trying to change my email address on the Lyft out when I stumbled upon the ride history and saw her picture pop up. Out of curiosity (I work in a tech field so I know how to look up random info about people from time to time), I looked her name up and found her Youtube channel. 1 subscriber. After watching a few videos, I found out that she was actually smart, super dorky and very cute in her videos. Since there was no other way to contact her again, I just typed her name in LinkedIn search box along with the company name. Bam. Her profile showed up.

I am now stuck in this dilemma where I should connect with her and ask her if she wants to grab a coffee or a drink on LinkedIn. I always try to keep my LinkedIn professional and don't want to come off as a creep.

On the other hand, I am not going around asking random people out on LinkedIn. We met in real life and actually had a pleasant conversation. Normally I just move on but this time I I don't usually meet women who I click with often.

What should I do? Please advise :)

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Dazerbeams posted:

Leave her alone, stalker

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Dazerbeams posted:

A woman talked to me for 15 entire minutes (in the course of her client-facing job) and didn’t once castigate me for my smells or neckbeard! She must want my D! Gimme them LinkedIn deets, sweetness! Never mind, I’ll find em myself

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

Like, flip it around here. If you were dating a dude and he came up one day with "hey Anne, I want you to regularly shave my balls because it pleases me to have a freshly shorn scrotum on the reg", would you immediately jump up and say "oh sure thing sweetie!" or would you cock an eyebrow and ask a few questions and/or have some opinions to voice first?

You can't really leave out the fact that the woman from the OP is blind and literally can't see. That changes the situation a lot compared to someone who can see, and no needing glasses is not the same thing. If you're dating someone with a disability that impacts their life a lot, you will probably need to go above and beyond at some point. If the dude isn't into that then fair enough, but I can't blame the woman for being disappointed about it.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Dazerbeams posted:

These are always the same: "Hey, I (M) did something super creepy and borderline stalkerish to get the personal information of a woman (F) who was being paid to be nice to me, but I'm pretty sure she's into me which excuses my behavior by romantic comedy rules. ANYWAY, how do I now use that personal information to my benefit without coming off super creepy and borderline stalkerish?? Please note I am incapable of taking advice of any kind."

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for yelling at someone to stop farting in a bar?

quote:

So I went to a bar close to my house that I occasionally visit to have a few drinks after work. The night was going well. I ended up talking with a cute girl for awhile and she gave me her number. Things were chill and so was I.

Well, girl has to go home cause it’s getting late, but I still have another one in me and stick around. In walks a group of four and they sit at the bar next to me. Nothing out of the ordinary. But then begins the great stink. Dude next to me farts, but doesn’t stop at one. He farts again and again. I could have moved, but I had a seat at the bar that I didn’t want to lose.

Then I get pissed from his stank. I tell him to quit farting that it’s disgusting and loving rude. That was enough to make he and his friends walk out.

Then the bartender gets super pissed at me. She rants about not shaming people for farting and making her customers leave. She literally sits down right next to me and chews me out about this. I just gave her a stone cold stare. Then I tell her it’s rude for people to be doing that poo poo. She yells some more then goes back behind the bar.

I wasn’t kicked out, but she was super pissed. Thankfully I had closed out already, so I finished my drink and left.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

quote:

(I work in a tech field so I know how to look up random info about people from time to time)

impressive

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

You can't really leave out the fact that the woman from the OP is blind and literally can't see. That changes the situation a lot compared to someone who can see, and no needing glasses is not the same thing. If you're dating someone with a disability that impacts their life a lot, you will probably need to go above and beyond at some point. If the dude isn't into that then fair enough, but I can't blame the woman for being disappointed about it.

There are different types of blindness, FYI. It's not total darkness or bust.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Whorelord posted:

going "southern europeans aren't white" is an american thing though
What the gently caress are you talking about? I'm going to go ahead and assume you're from somewhere in Europe, which in my experience was about as racist and xenophobic as america up until maybe the last few years when all our weirdos came out of the woodwork. Not sure what point you're trying to make, but I don't know anyone who thinks the Spanish or Italians aren't white. I mean we'll make fun of their ridiculous cultures, especially Italian Americans, but that has more to do what the mob and how that culture has been portrayed in media for a long time.

Are you sure you're not confusing the spanish with Hispanics? Because, yeah, there's legit debate among the hispanic community themselves about what race they identify as. Here's a pretty interesting article on the stats around that one: http://statchatva.org/2014/11/04/what-race-are-hispanics/

There's so many things to legit hate America for, and you go and pick the dumbest loving one.

Renegret posted:

you deserve all the bad things that are about to happen to you

Yeah, but sadly his daughter doesn't deserve to have her wedding day ruined. This guy is a massive piece of poo poo, and I feel horrible for everyone's life he's ruined or is about to ruin, in particular all of his children. He could handled this like a man years ago, confessed what he did to his wife, dealt with the divorce, and done a good job supporting both of his families and hoped that he could rebuild his relationship with all of his children over time. But instead he's been content with his secret being kept, and seems to have little to no regret for his actions.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Face blindness too

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
He just "stumbled" upon her picture, if by stumbled you mean masturbated furiously.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Biohazard posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? I'm going to go ahead and assume you're from somewhere in Europe, which in my experience was about as racist and xenophobic as america up until maybe the last few years when all our weirdos came out of the woodwork. Not sure what point you're trying to make, but I don't know anyone who thinks the Spanish or Italians aren't white. I mean we'll make fun of their ridiculous cultures, especially Italian Americans, but that has more to do what the mob and how that culture has been portrayed in media for a long time.

Are you sure you're not confusing the spanish with Hispanics? Because, yeah, there's legit debate among the hispanic community themselves about what race they identify as. Here's a pretty interesting article on the stats around that one: http://statchatva.org/2014/11/04/what-race-are-hispanics/

There's so many things to legit hate America for, and you go and pick the dumbest loving one.

Yeah, but sadly his daughter doesn't deserve to have her wedding day ruined. This guy is a massive piece of poo poo, and I feel horrible for everyone's life he's ruined or is about to ruin, in particular all of his children. He could handled this like a man years ago, confessed what he did to his wife, dealt with the divorce, and done a good job supporting both of his families and hoped that he could rebuild his relationship with all of his children over time. But instead he's been content with his secret being kept, and seems to have little to no regret for his actions.

I feel bad for his daughter but his other kids got every single day of their life ruined by this piece of poo poo treating them as secondary things, so daughter is prolly gonna end up having it be her turn this time

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Dazerbeams posted:

Well she's a woman so her genitals presumably don't have awkward dangly bits to maneuver around. If she doesn't want to shave because she's uncomfortable doing so, that's fine. But she shouldn't make it her boyfriend's problem.

you've never even shaved your own balls the hard part isnt the balls or dick its the leg pit area where your scrot attatches to your leg. women have more of that then you do.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I enjoy how affair dad didn't realise that cheating on his wife and loving a teenager as a 37 year old was 'wrong' and that he needed to stop until the kids turned up on the scene.

What a convenient time for him to develop a conscience.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I don't want to get back into the shaving and blindness stuff but it is also worth noting that 8 months is the perfect time in any relationship to stop doing something thoughtful you've always done for your partner and move into the dull disappointment phase

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Yup, this is exactly how I feel about the situation. It's like not like OP is the worst person known to man, but it's kind of a huge deal if his partner is blind and he's unwilling to assist her with a very slightly awkward favor when she asks. Also uh, most of the debate in this thread is centered primarily around the act of shaving, and not that OP's girlfriend is blind... which is really weird and definitely shows some bias!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Listen I will step up and shave this poor blind ladies vagina. Let’s just solve this problem the simplest way possible.

PS no I probably wouldn’t I would definitely be legit scared I’d cut something.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Is that the general consensus then? That men have it easier than women in terms of shaving down there? Because you guys sure are eager to tell me how much of a struggle I should be having.

This is not the flipside of second family or the man who sired none of his five children, but you can pretend it is.

I [25f] am not my dad's [53m] biological daughter. What do I do now?

quote:

As you can assume from the title, I just found out my dad isn't my biological father. I want to start this post by saying, I will always view my dad as my dad, biology will not change that. He is the most warm-hearted, funny, honest person I know. He has treated me like a princess since before I can remember. I guess I am not sure what I am looking for other than, my siblings don't know, and neither do my grandparents (I think). I am not sure who to tell and I need to get it off my chest. My parents were divorced for a brief period of time. The story goes they got pregnant with me and I was the reason they got back together and then they got pregnant with my little brother and got remarried after he was born. They had two kids prior to me. I have never doubted in my mind or ever thought I wasn't my parents biological child.

Yesterday, as we're driving home from my grandparents house, my dad and I were joking around in the car. I can't remember what we were talking about but it went something like this.

Me: "well, there's a 50:50 chance I'm your guys"

Dad: "Well, you are moms for sure"

Me: "oh what does that mean"

Dad: "nothing, I was just joking"

Me: "no, for real, what does that mean?" I kept pressing this multiple times because I could tell by his facial expression something was bothering him/serious.

Dad: "XXX, would you like to know the truth?"

Me: "yes, go ahead"

Dad: "I am not your biological father. Your mother got pregnant with her boyfriend at the time, and he did not want a baby. I told your mom I would raise you with our other two children."

I had absolutely no idea this was what he was going to say. I couldn't speak, I remember my whole body tensing up and getting very hot, and I started to cry. My dad then looked at me and said "I am sorry, XX, I hosed up by telling you that. I was never going to tell you that."

We sat in the car and we drove for an hour. We didn't talk except for me holding my dad's hand while he cried for a while and I told him that it doesn't matter and he will always be my father.

My mom told me that her and my dad would answer any questions I have. I told her I didn't want to talk right now.

I am not mad. I am more sad. I guess I just feel like this changes my identity, or makes me question something I never doubted in the first place. I wish I never found this out.

What do I do now? Do I try and find my biological father? How/what should I say to my parents/dad because I know he is beating himself up about this? Am I wrong to feel upset? What do I do to make my dad know this doesn't change our relationship?

TL;Dr: I found out I am not my father's biological daughter. Looking for advice on how to move forward.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

snergle posted:

you've never even shaved your own balls the hard part isnt the balls or dick its the leg pit area where your scrot attatches to your leg. women have more of that then you do.

I believe Dazerbeams is a woman, which actually makes the post you quoted even weirder. It's a very strong personal belief of mine that dick/ball grooming has got to be easier than vulva grooming, but I guess I don't really have any way of knowing for sure. I'm sure people who do it for a living have their own opinions, but doing it to someone else is probably easier than doing it yourself so that's not really the same. Maybe it's just one of those mysteries.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

How do I [26F] talk to my SO[21M] about needing him to keep my room tidy when he's staying over?

quote:

Me and R have ben dating for 7 months and we get on beautifully. Never had an argument, always talk about things calmly and we are very supportive of each other's jobs and studies. I can really see us staying together on the long run if we work through the practicalities of day to day things.

When I was at University I used to be a VERY messy person, however since leaving I have become very tidy and I like to keep my house tidy too. I share a house with one other girl and I am specially careful with the common areas. No one should have to live with my mess! I'm not a clean freak but I try not to leave clothes laying around, like my desk clean and don't mind eating on the couch but don't like to leave dirty dishes around.

R usually stays over 2 or 3 times a week at my place. I never stay at his house as he's still living with his parents. The last three weeks he stayed over everyday as he had some family members visiting and he gave them his room. I said he could stay with me instead of sleeping on the couch at his house. This may be why the problem is more evident now.

I was in a previous relationship for 6 years and part of the reason we broke up was because I was the one doing all the "grown up stuff" - taking care of paying bills, doing the shopping, cleaning the house. My ex and I would talk about it but I never saw an effort on his side.

I mentioned this to R when he first started to sleep over and he was very understanding and for a while I saw that he was making a real effort to help me around. He would do the dishes after we ate, not leave clothes on the floor etc.

However, in the last three weeks I've just become a wee bit annoyed at how many times I've had to ask him to be a bit more tidy. He does help around if I ask him but for example this morning he was ready to get out the door and said he was just waiting for me. I looked around and his towel was on the floor, there were dishes on my desk (i made dinner for us last night), the bed wasn't made and there were dirty clothes on the couch. We weren't rushing to go to work (we had planned to go for lunch and had the day off). I contemplated saying something on the spot but thought I would rest on the subject and plan how to better word it before bringing it up. At that moment I decided to just tidy up and leave it at that. He was on his phone and didn't even notice.

This is specially important as he has mentioned us moving in together in September (he is starting a new job and will have more income). I initially thought this would be a good idea but now I am on the fence as I don't want to go back to the situation I was in with my ex.

I have expressed to him how I enjoy having a tidy room, specially on my days off so I can enjoy the day and not worry about the mess. That didn't seem to do the trick so how should I approach it?

Thank you kindly for any advice.

tldr: Dating for 7 months, SO stays over occasionally and makes an effort to keep things tidy when I ask him to but never takes initiative. I feel like a nag for always mentioning it and need advice on how to talk to him about it.

And in a shocking twist, the relationship recovered.

UPDATE: How do I [26F] talk to my SO[21M] about needing him to keep my room tidy when he's staying over?

quote:

I thought I would update on what’s happened since my post one year ago.

Shortly after, I chose an appropriate time to talk to R about the situation. I explained how it makes me anxious to come back home to a messy place and would rather keep it tidy as I go, specially if It’s when leaving the house and I’m not late for any commitments.

I also brought up that I thought it would be good for him to live by himself before we could consider living together. I explained that I used to be very messy when I first moved out of my parents house but with time learned the value of a tidy and clean space in which to feel relaxed. He thought about it and a while after said he thought I was right and he would like to have a go at living by himself, saying he was very excited even thinking about it.

In the days after the talk his attitude changed completely too. At times I would leave for work and he would stay at my house to do some other chores or come and pick me up earlier and take the bins out. He started spending more time at my house after this and we became much closer in the following months.

In September R started a new job and for logistical reasons we could not spend the night together unless we were both on a day off the following day (he works Monday-Friday and I work 4 shifts on 4 off). We would go a whole week without seeing each other for more than an hour or two, which was really abnormal for us. We started to make a big effort to meet up at any spare 15 minutes between our jobs and other commitments. Sometimes one of us would drive to the other one after work just to say hi for 10 minutes and then leave. It really showed how much we cared about the relationship.

Around this time I was looking for a new house as i had a raise at my job and could afford to live somewhere on my own as opposed to a shared house. I went to see a flat that was perfect for me. Ticked all the boxes, including budget. The only thing was that as soon as I saw it all I could think of was how it wasn’t to be just mine but mine and R’s.

That evening we sat down and I told him about the flat and what I thought as soon as I saw it. I explained how the efforts we had both put in the relationship over the last few months proved to me that we had a relationship worth cherishing. He asked me for some time to think about it and eventually said he too thought we should move in together. R said he didn’t feel like he needed to live alone to “discover himself”. We then sat down and wrote a list of things we would look for in a place, including a budget and how much we would need to spend on furniture, etc.

( edit: this note now hangs in our bedroom wall as a sign of how we dreamed this house, planned it and accomplished it together. )

By this time I had decided to forget about the perfect flat I saw and we decided to look for another place together. A few weeks go by and the agency calls me to say the flat I had seen a month before was still available and the landlord had lowered the rent. We went to see it and R loved it as much as me.

Over the last 5 months he has surprised me everyday. He has taken this flat and looked after it in a responsible adult way. R has been busy fixing everything that needed TLC in the house, spent time decorating the bedroom, he even started to cook and now makes delicious meals. His parents visit often and are super proud of him too.

We are two happy peas in a happy little flat.

Thank you all for your advice.

Special shoutout to /u/baffled_soap for this comment. It made me realise that maintaining a living space is a life skill anyone can learn.

edit 2: thank you everyone for all your kind words. I plan to show this post to R when he gets home from work. I should probably add that when friends ask us how living together it's going he says he's the clean one. Cheeky.

TL;DR: we talked, R respected my space, 5 months after the post we moved in, having the best time in our little beautiful flat.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Booooooooo happy endings for well-adjusted people who communicate well and grow through life experiences BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for yelling at someone to stop farting in a bar?

So I went to a bar close to my house that I occasionally visit to have a few drinks after work. The night was going well. I ended up talking with a cute girl for awhile and she gave me her number. Things were chill and so was I.

Well, girl has to go home cause it’s getting late, but I still have another one in me and stick around. In walks a group of four and they sit at the bar next to me. Nothing out of the ordinary. But then begins the great stink. Dude next to me farts, but doesn’t stop at one. He farts again and again. I could have moved, but I had a seat at the bar that I didn’t want to lose.

Then I get pissed from his stank. I tell him to quit farting that it’s disgusting and loving rude. That was enough to make he and his friends walk out.

Then the bartender gets super pissed at me. She rants about not shaming people for farting and making her customers leave. She literally sits down right next to me and chews me out about this. I just gave her a stone cold stare. Then I tell her it’s rude for people to be doing that poo poo. She yells some more then goes back behind the bar.

I wasn’t kicked out, but she was super pissed. Thankfully I had closed out already, so I finished my drink and left.

Look sir, we appreciate your business as a regular customer, but frankly you're just not the sort of clientele we try to cultivate here at O'Fartigans.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fun fact: the OP of this post, is the same guy that posted about his girlfriend 'pranking' him by acting like she was possessed by a ghost and pretended to pour gasoline on him. Those two crazy kids are really making things work :allears:

My girlfriend [21/F] is pissed at me [22/M] because I couldn't get tickets to Avengers: Endgame.

quote:

Today was the day that tickets for Avengers: Endgame went on sale and me and my girlfriend are both huge MCU fans. We've been anticipating this and we both woke up early this morning to ensure that we got tickets. I logged into Fandago and tried getting the tickets from there, but it was't loading and I was just stuck on a blank page. I then tried through the actual AMC site, but it was also stuck.

I figured that sites would crash from everyone trying to get tickets, but my girlfriend kept telling me "Babe, hurry up." I told her that there was nothing that I could do about the sites crashing, but it seemed to be going in one ear and out the other with her. She kept telling me to hurry, but then she started saying "Babe, knock it off. This isn't funny anymore." Did she seriously think that I was doing this on purpose? I kept telling her over and over that I couldn't control this. The pages kept freezing and I wasn't getting any type of access, and then she starts telling me that she'll never forgive me if we miss the Thursday night premiere. I yelled at her "SHUT THE gently caress UP!" I had lost my temper with her and she was getting angrier as well.

I still wasn't getting any access to these ticketing websites and she screamed at me "GET THE GODDAMN TICKETS!" I got pissed, slammed my laptop shut and yelled at her that we weren't going to see the movie if she keeps acting like this. That's when she grabs her car keys, mutters "You always have to gently caress with me, don't you?" and left my apartment. We haven't talked all day and I do feel a little bad, even though I think this was mostly her fault. What should I do next to fix this?

tldr: Girlfriend and I fought over not getting Endgame tickets

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

How do I [26F] talk to my SO[21M] about needing him to keep my room tidy when he's staying over?

And in a shocking twist, the relationship recovered.

UPDATE: How do I [26F] talk to my SO[21M] about needing him to keep my room tidy when he's staying over?

I was about to start typing “just break up, he will never change, it will only get worse, there is no hope” when I saw there was a second part. I’ve become so cynical. It’s so nice to read about someone putting in the work to improve themselves. :)

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

LadyPictureShow posted:

Fun fact: the OP of this post, is the same guy that posted about his girlfriend 'pranking' him by acting like she was possessed by a ghost and pretended to pour gasoline on him. Those two crazy kids are really making things work :allears:

My girlfriend [21/F] is pissed at me [22/M] because I couldn't get tickets to Avengers: Endgame.

Why is there no “murder suicide” smiley???

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
lovely Relationship: Endgame

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Church: not even once

"Sorry bud, God said we gotta climb to the top of Childkiller Peak. I'm sure the name is unrela-Oh! Forgot my slayin' knife."

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

LadyPictureShow posted:

:sever: her neck.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

These two need to stay together forever so they don’t subject anyone else to their bullshit.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Yawgmoth posted:

your points are as bad as your insult capability

the point i was making or the point you strawmanned by cutting the sentence in half

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

LadyPictureShow posted:

Lol. I wish my life was so trivial that the most important thing to me and my partner was seeing the latest Marvel superhero movie. :allears:

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
God forbid you miss a ‘once in a lifetime’ event you’ll have hundreds of chances to experience before the movie finally leaves theaters and which is guaranteed to have absolutely no effect on your life whatsoever

Spoiler: its a superhero movie, the superheroes win and Spider-Man and Black Panther and all the other marketable characters come back to life in time for another movie and more money to be made

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA If I told my 16yo deaf sister that she masturbates too loud and needs to be more aware of the noises she makes.

Me and my pregnant wife have moved back in with my mum while we sell the house. The bedroom we are staying in is next door to my sisters bedroom.

I’ve not lived with my family since my sister has been grown up so it really surprised me and my wife the first night we heard it. It took us half an hour to realise what the noise even was.

My mum has never noticed it because her bedroom is downstairs and there’s plenty of distance. I’m definitely not close enough with my sister to talk about masturbating but I feel like an rear end in a top hat if I don’t say anything and me and my wife just quietly laugh at her every night. We laugh because it’s really awkward and we really don’t know what to do.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I bought out the theater for the Avengers movie and I'm not even going to go, I just want to make sure people fight their boyfriends for not getting tickets

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA If I told my 16yo deaf sister that she masturbates too loud and needs to be more aware of the noises she makes.

Me and my pregnant wife have moved back in with my mum while we sell the house. The bedroom we are staying in is next door to my sisters bedroom.

I’ve not lived with my family since my sister has been grown up so it really surprised me and my wife the first night we heard it. It took us half an hour to realise what the noise even was.

My mum has never noticed it because her bedroom is downstairs and there’s plenty of distance. I’m definitely not close enough with my sister to talk about masturbating but I feel like an rear end in a top hat if I don’t say anything and me and my wife just quietly laugh at her every night. We laugh because it’s really awkward and we really don’t know what to do.

he can say whatever he wants but I don't know if it'll get through to her

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hmm yeah, I wonder if dude should tell his hormonal teenage sister, who is also deaf, that she masturbates too loudly. I'm confident that conversation will turn out very nicely. :discourse:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

I bought out the theater for the Avengers movie and I'm not even going to go, I just want to make sure people fight their boyfriends for not getting tickets

finally a hero worth getting excited over

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
gently caress superhero movies, and especially gently caress the nerds obsessing over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
My (32m) wife (33f) has been getting too close with a coworker and I have no clue how to proceed.

quote:

My wife of 11 years has had multiple male coworkers recently added to her mostly female workplace. She didn’t have any issues at first until the other women started wearing makeup and “dressing up” for them...a few months in I take note that she’s doing the same....no big deal. Eventually she starts talking about one of them as if he’s “like you.”(me) again no big deal. But I start noticing her being sketchy with her phone (hiding it when she’s talking to him while I’m around...etc) she only uses Snapchat to talk to him so when I confronted her about it there was no evidence and she claimed there was no wrong doing...but the fight had already occurred and I broke trust telling her I’ve been watching how she hides her phone...etc. Since then I’ve worked though my insecurities and had accepted that things may not be what I thought they were. But as of recently I found myself in a position where I saw her taking a photo of her legs while naked in a tub, I watched longer and noticed she was talking to him about our personal life such as turnons and turnoffs. I want to confront her but after the first breach of trust/fights I’m scared she’ll shut me out again, and say I have no proof because of loving Snapchat and that’ll be the end of us.

TL;DR: wife gets close to a coworker, I confronted her and said I saw that she was hiding her texts, there was a breach of trust/fight. Let it go, things were good, caught her snapping him tub pics/talking about personal stuff.
The unfortunately all too common disability of man born without a spine.