Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
https://twitter.com/indyusa/status/1113799433760792576?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bogus Adventure posted:

That being said, I'm not arguing against wind. I will say that we need to cull the cat population. Where is a pussy annihilator when you need one?

(rushing in, breathless) REPORTING FOR DUTY

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

World War Mammories posted:

no no the other kind. just go back home I already asked

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Dead Beef posted:

yeah wind turbines don't kill many birds at all

Birds are comrades, cats are fascists.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

World War Mammories posted:

Ugato posted:

no no the other kind. just go back home I already asked

Hey, if any of you want to Shane Dawson it up for the good of the birds, I'm not gonna say anything...

https://twitter.com/shanedawson/status/1107464566332489728

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Cats are fine, cat owners are morons.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i miss our big old maine coon

dont miss her hairballs tho

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Dead Beef posted:

yeah wind turbines don't kill many birds at all

Once again, America is superior

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I don’t know where to put this really since it’s just a rando not complaining

https://twitter.com/UweBollocks/status/1113854821793259520?s=20

e: krang name change got me. lots of you probably already saw this.

Ugato has issued a correction as of 22:01 on Apr 4, 2019

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bogus Adventure posted:

Wind does have it's problems (weather-reliant

Perhaps one day in the distant future scientists will discover a magical way of storing power.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Stoatbringer posted:

magical way of storing power.

Look at this fucker who still believes in magic :smug:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

They certainly look a hell of a lot better than oil refineries and smog.

I don't get why the people claiming wind turbines wreck the appearance of the countryside never previously had the same problem with electricity pylons or telegraph poles, which they seem to be fine with (even though those could theoretically go underground but wind turbines can't.)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pipski posted:

I don't get why the people claiming wind turbines wreck the appearance of the countryside never previously had the same problem with electricity pylons or telegraph poles, which they seem to be fine with (even though those could theoretically go underground but wind turbines can't.)

wind turbines can indeed go underground they just wouldn't work very well

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

we should dam the rising seas

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Don’t kill birds.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

Don’t kill birds.

o r u a vegetarian or smtg

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pipski posted:

They're either unable to make that connection, or they are arguing in bad faith. Or both.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Won't lie, if I ever moved out to the country, the first thing I would do is put in solar panels or a wind turbine. It's free energy! That you don't pay for! It comes from the bloody sky!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Pipski posted:

Things that already exist and which create the power structure that exists are natural. Things that would upset that power structure are unnatural.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Pipski posted:

People here protest against and take utility companies to court to protect the driftless area from power lines, but they also put Scott Walker into office so who the gently caress knows.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pipski posted:

lol nimby dipshits for that stuff exist too

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

lol nimby dipshits for that stuff exist too

i hear from them a lot in wyoming to, its the funniest poo poo. oh no, they'll ruin your view of that plot of land, thats either covered in snow or is a brown wasteland 8 months out of the year.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pipski posted:

I don't get why the people claiming wind turbines wreck the appearance of the countryside never previously had the same problem with electricity pylons or telegraph poles

Those things were there when they were kids, wind turbines and solar panels weren't.

Everything boomers remember from their childhood (real or imagined memories) is good and The Way Things Are Supposed To Be, everything else is different and bad and a sign of how society has declined along with boomer physiques and erections.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Having driven through the countryside only a tiny percentage is picturesque and the rest is a desolate wasteland not unlike the surface of the moon

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I am dismayed by this anti-cat rhetoric.

Just have a vet snip their bits

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

VitalSigns posted:

Those things were there when they were kids, wind turbines and solar panels weren't.

Everything boomers remember from their childhood (real or imagined memories) is good and The Way Things Are Supposed To Be, everything else is different and bad and a sign of how society has declined along with boomer physiques and erections.

on a related note google “old pictures of contrails/chemtrails” and watch the cognitive dissonance all over the net that ensues

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Pipski posted:

Trump gets angry at 'ugly' wind-turbines in another country, but he's perfectly fine with oil-rigs plaguing the coast of the United States.

He is thinks windmills cause cancer through noise while ignoring offshore oil spills that are their own form of cancer to the ocean and life itself.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

KillerQueen posted:

I am dismayed by this anti-cat rhetoric.

Just have a vet snip their bits

The bits would have to be claws and teeth, which is prolly not gonna work

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Birds are comrades, cats are fascists.

Cats are comrades

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Byzantine posted:

Cats are comrades

Lenin refused to smoke weed

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Poniard posted:

Lenin refused to smoke weed

And John Brown was fully committed to a monogamous relationship.

You can't always blame people for the time in which they lived, man.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

The bits would have to be claws and teeth, which is prolly not gonna work

Keep your adorable fuzzy murder machines indoors. Problem solved. They live longer, too.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The best feature of wind turbines imo is when you discover a magical free unlimited source of energy you just need a big wrench to remove them.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

unpacked robinhood posted:

The best feature of wind turbines imo is when you discover a magical free unlimited source of energy you just need a big wrench to remove them.

yeah, i pull out this defense now and then too, while i find them pretty ugly in a lot of naturally beautiful places, it is not like they are very permanent fixtures like e.g. hydro power

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Would turbines be less dangerous if we didn't use the traditional shape?

(it wobbles)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I'd like fields littered with all those types mixed in between eachother. Only the smartest birds would survive the journey through. It's like a climate-friendly Saw movie

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

I'd just like to chime in and say gently caress BIRDS, fill every field with wind turbines if it'll help. The birds can still fly and do their thing when the rest of us are drowning in coastal waters and cannibalizing each other during the climate wars.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I remember conservatives concern trolling about the birds when green energy was getting more popular. it was funny/confusing. it’s one of those examples I keep in mind to remember how they don’t give a poo poo about anything other than being ‘right’

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Where will you land when the entire planet is one big ocean, huh? WHERE THEN WILL YOU LAND

:smugbird::argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
The concern for wind turbines' effect on birds is even more ridiculous when you realize that the unidirectional avian respiratory system is very sensitive to air pollution compared to the tidal mammalian lung setup, and so birds are much more heavily impacted by air pollution than we are.

Wind turbines replacing fossil fuels would save way more bird lives than the turbines would kill.