Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

Either that woman is entirely full of poo poo on her bench or she should go sign up for a powerlifting federation right loving now and demolish records. She has 100lbs more than Stefi Cohen for reps on bench.

She's some guy's musclegirl fetish catfish profile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MarcusSA posted:

You know what you need to do.

Looking at the jump from int to advanced though is like 40 loving lbs and that’s like wtf.

Well the difference between intermediate to advanced is like 3 years to >5 years lifting, and if you're not pressing 2 plates by then maybe get a new hobby.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I've been lifting for seven years now and I've never pressed 2 plates can i still post in this thread?

i got close tho

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
eat more salama

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Fallows posted:

I've been lifting for seven years now and I've never pressed 2 plates can i still post in this thread?

i got close tho

Why not? If it’s shoulder issues that’s understandable

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
yea i blew up my left shoulder twice the last like 5 months ago and it took all overhead pressing out, i can do dumbbells still but i cant press a barbell or even wrack it to squat w/o my shoulder collapsing

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

nooneofconsequence posted:

Well the difference between intermediate to advanced is like 3 years to >5 years lifting, and if you're not pressing 2 plates by then maybe get a new hobby.

:(

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.
load micro plates so you can at least feel like you're progressing?

a quarter pound is a quarter pound

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ElectricSheep posted:

load micro plates so you can at least feel like you're progressing?

a quarter pound is a quarter pound

Those little guys are called PR plates for a reason.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

One side at a time

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I hate presses and I hate that chart. I've been lifting 5 months and I'm not even halfway from beginner to novice. Stupid weak shoulders.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

fishing with the fam posted:

I hate presses and I hate that chart. I've been lifting 5 months and I'm not even halfway from beginner to novice. Stupid weak shoulders.

I don’t know who gathered the data? If it was polling people, you gotta account for ego inflation

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well as we said the press is one of the hardest things to do and make progress on. It really takes time to get there.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I’ve found adding in halos has really helped my OHP

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

bomb posted:

I’ve found adding in halos has really helped my OHP

those tiny oranges?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

those tiny oranges?

If that’s the case I’m gonna stock up. Them shits is delicious and if they give me gains... I’m in.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I know Martins is a big proponent of oranges.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fallows posted:

i got close tho

We are all swole of heart and spirit here, friend

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Well good news, 5 months means you are a beginner/novice so the chart is accurate

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i loving hate sheiko, boys. I don't mean in a "haha this sure does suck!" way, I literally hate it. It's mind numbingly boring. I've been benching/squatting/deadlifting the same goddamn weights for the past 2 months. apparently you aren't supposed to update training maxes after testing until you do a meet(or your "mock meet" if you are running it but not powerlifting) according to my coach. this is the first time i've ever actually dreaded going to the gym for real, it's almost like going to work or something now. But it's okay, my meet is in 2 weeks which I'm excited about, and after that I'm probably going to take some time to literally just gently caress around and do what I want in the gym before worrying about programming or coaching again.

I also miss my friend, OHP.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
You look miserable in your instagram videos. Maybe more salami is needed.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

bomb posted:

My gym wouldn’t buy me heavier bells so I brought my own 🤷‍♂️

What? I really don't get this. Why not use the bell at home instead of lugging it around and not being able to use it at home etc. Like, a major point in favor of kettlebells is you can store and use them at home easily.

*i got a 40kg kb at home

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The main benefit of kettlebells is that they're dumb poo poo that keep all the idiots away from the bars and platforms.

Also if you move some out of the way you can use the rack they're stored on for a sit down.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

All forms of cardio are for weak pussies yes, well said.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

doverhog posted:

What a lovely strawman lol. Who even considers kettlebells "cardio"?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

This thread?? What would you call it.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

doverhog posted:

This thread?? What would you call it.

Ffffffunctional training

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Crossfit

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

sassassin posted:

The main benefit of kettlebells is that they're dumb poo poo that keep all the idiots away from the bars and platforms.

Also if you move some out of the way you can use the rack they're stored on for a sit down.

my gym's owner has a bit of a god complex and often puts out dumb little challenges he thinks noone can beat him in, in the facebook group hus latest one was "how much can u turkish getup bro" all :agesilaus: thinking noone could beat his 40kg TGU with a kettlebell until my coach rekt him by doing a 80kg TGU with barbell.

fUnCtIoNaL FiTnEsS

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

doverhog posted:

Agreed.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I mean it depends on your usage. You can use them for stuff like bottoms up overhead press as a way to drill shoulder stability and that isn't cardio. They're also semi useful for squat warmups for counter weight squats, or doing some swings for hip hinge work?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dilber posted:

I mean it depends on your usage. You can use them for stuff like bottoms up overhead press as a way to drill shoulder stability and that isn't cardio. They're also semi useful for squat warmups for counter weight squats, or doing some swings for hip hinge work?

Swings. Farmers carries. Goblet walks.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

my gym has 3 kettlebells, two 5s and an 8 lb.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I use them for swings, goblet squats, suitcase squats and all those are partly cardio at least. I do not claim to be strong by the threads standards.

There may be some antipathy towards me from talking poo poo about KBs being great while drunk in the past. Sorry.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kettlebells are amazing for accessory work but just lol at using them as your primary workout.

There is a kettlebell gym down in Long Beach that a friend goes to and she loves it but it’s just a variation on CrossFit but only using kettlebells.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Cables 4 lyfe

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

those tiny oranges?

MarcusSA posted:

If that’s the case I’m gonna stock up. Them shits is delicious and if they give me gains... I’m in.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest he's referring to kettlebell halos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJcmanVh5EE

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I'm not doing that

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I am sticking to the original plan and eating some delicious halos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

doverhog posted:

What? I really don't get this. Why not use the bell at home instead of lugging it around and not being able to use it at home etc. Like, a major point in favor of kettlebells is you can store and use them at home easily.

*i got a 40kg kb at home

I have 2 32kg kbs, the best time for me to work out is at lunch and I like to work out at the gym. Not much room at the house with kiddos on the way and weather outside sucks.

My progression will continue for a bit at 32kg and instead of swapping to doubles I’ll probably just grab that 40kg and push up that way.

Either way I like the space, mirrors, and I also use barbells and dumbbells for stuff too. I do simple and Sinister pretty much every day even on my heavy lift days so having my training bell at the gym makes a lot of sense to me.