Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

therobit posted:

Honestly it sounds like the wedding fund is all his money anyway. He should just take the money and leave.

Yeah, you're right: "I’m squirreling away all extra money for our future wedding", "I’ve been covering everything and putting aside money for our wedding" definitely implies she hasn't contributed much if anything to date, and now the fact that she's stalling right at the moment when she'd finally be able to indicates she's panicking because the free ride is over.

Calling it now that even if she doesn't go, she'll mysteriously be unable to find a job or never get an interview call back, so he's never getting the future he thought he was working for all that time.

Relevant top-of-page content: I knew a guy whose worthless leech GF claimed for well over a year that she was unable to get a job as a veterinarian because people were prejudiced against hiring anyone 1. young (ie late-20s/early-30s) or 2. of Asian heritage.

In San Francisco.

She had been lying to him their entire relationship, and was neither a veterinarian nor had any of the schooling or certifications to be one, despite having multiple veterinary tattoos.

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Power Khan posted:

Ever heard of that story of how ~16 million people today in central asia across the steppes trace their ancestry back to a single dude that lived in the time of the mongol conquest?

Yes, he's the Genghis Khan of late capitalism

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Straight White Shark posted:

My (24M) girlfriend (23M) has a world map plaque with pins showing where she has had sex. It angers me. Am I petty?

Take her on a trip and add some pins

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

My (24M) girlfriend (23M) has a world map plaque with pins showing where she has had sex. It angers me. Am I petty?

Someone should post a gender flipped version and see how Reddit takes it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rudoku posted:

Tegus are like cold-blooded doggies, but every other lizard is bad.

solomon island skinks are smart friends

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hate it when I get sidetracked trying to figure out how the gendering plays into a story and it doesn't.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I had a tokay gecko named Marv that would scream if you were too noisy near him and could make marks on your skin through leather gloves. He liked shrieking at people that sneezed. Marv was discounted to half price by a Petco manager because he'd escaped the enclosure and terrorized the store for a couple days. He was a holy terror and I miss him.

Next lizard is definitely going to be a tegu.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

Yeah, you're right: "I’m squirreling away all extra money for our future wedding", "I’ve been covering everything and putting aside money for our wedding" definitely implies she hasn't contributed much if anything to date, and now the fact that she's stalling right at the moment when she'd finally be able to indicates she's panicking because the free ride is over.

Calling it now that even if she doesn't go, she'll mysteriously be unable to find a job or never get an interview call back, so he's never getting the future he thought he was working for all that time.

Relevant top-of-page content: I knew a guy whose worthless leech GF claimed for well over a year that she was unable to get a job as a veterinarian because people were prejudiced against hiring anyone 1. young (ie late-20s/early-30s) or 2. Asian.

In San Francisco.

She had been lying to him their entire relationship, and was neither a veterinarian nor had any of the schooling or certifications to be one, despite having multiple veterinary tattoos.

Do vets get tattoos like vets do?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My current skink is a good buddy and he has a simple personality. He's definitely smarter than the snakes I owned way back. Not super intelligent or anything, but he poops in the same corner of his container, knows that the worm dish is for worms, and will push the worm dish to the front of his cage if he fussily desires additional worms.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Someone should post a gender flipped version and see how Reddit takes it.

ah yes, further research is needed to show that reddit as a collective has problems with women and relationships

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Rubellavator posted:

Do vets get tattoos like vets do?

I don't know if it's a thing like the basic training thing but it's common enough that if you GIS "veterinary medicine tattoos" at least two that strongly resemble hers are on the first page.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

So I found the post and to my surprise there was only one MRAposter at the time I looked.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

One day I asked, and she got very reluctant to tell me what the pins represent. She said I'd get angry — a mood I seldom find myself in. My curiosity got the best of me, and I kept asking until she explained what the pins meant.

Good job, dumbass

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

Good job, dumbass

"You'll get mad if I tell you" is a red flag so good on him.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

If you're ever doing a thing where you gotta say "you'll get mad if I tell you" to your SO then one or both of you are garbage and you should break up

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

re: vacation celebration, i blame our society's monstrous perversion of the concept that is known as "self care"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean true but also you'll never be allowed to take a vacation again. my last one was early 2018 and that was so my grandma could die.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

Relevant top-of-page content: I knew a guy whose worthless leech GF claimed for well over a year that she was unable to get a job as a veterinarian because people were prejudiced against hiring anyone 1. young (ie late-20s/early-30s) or 2. of Asian heritage.

In San Francisco.

This is amazing. San Francisco is like, 35% east-Asian people.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

DemoneeHo posted:

"My husband sired 47 kids!"

"In a row?"
Try not to have any kids on the way through the parking lot!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

TheScott2K posted:

Take her on a trip and add some pins

Right? Like yeah in the current situation he’s being weird and honestly it’s weird to have that board up but given their ages it’s just kids being dumb college kids. Saying “you’re missing some pins, let’s go gently caress in Honduras” is a win-win

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Whorelord posted:

My (F22) Boyfriend (M24) Kinda Looks Like Hitler :(

I've been clicking between two tabs, a google search for "Hitlr" and a picture of us on instagram.

I caught my 16 year old daughter on Hitlr and I locked her in a cage until she's 18. AITA?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Honestly this depends a lot on what her degree is in and what her real-life potential earnings will actually be. If she's going to be banking serious $$$ in a highly employable field, then sure, go nuts and have fun with money that was earmarked for self-celebration anyway (although expect BF to be salty about it either way since that was supposed to be for mutual self-celebration) before diving into the workforce and paying BF back for his years of effort by letting him have a loving break to recharge too.

If she got a degree that isn't going to facilitate that, then yeah, you're a selfish dumbfuck who deserves a ticket to dumpsville and the soon to be ex-BF can take his half of the wedding fund to give himself a break too.

if she's going to be making bank maybe she should get a job and take them both out to vacation on her first big fat paycheck

like even if you can technically take a day off without losing your job there's nothing fun or relaxing about dropping everything and taking a vacation when you're struggling already and will be coming home to an absolute shitstorm you will be all on your own to clean up, made all the worse by the days of wages you gave up to go gently caress around and spend more money than usual. If you're the kind of person who worries about money instead of just charging the rent to the Visa, the solution to severe financial stress is to address the source of that stress, not to blow your life savings on a cathartic shopping spree.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 8, 2019

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Devil’s advocate for vacation girl, but I can understand wanting to take a short vacation after the stress of college before diving into the stress of your first real job. There may also be some unreliable narrator stuff going on, the “When do i get to recharge?” bit sounds real petty and bitter. Also, it doesn’t seem unreasonable that even the most hard-assed boss would be able to let someone take a single day off work for a long weekend or something with a few months heads-up - she did ask him to TRY, and it didn’t seem like he did. That being said, she probably should just accept that it ain’t happening and they could both start working towards saving up for a nice vacation in a year or something instead, but that'd require some kind of communication and compromise on both parts.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For going to 'expensive' restaurants in sweatpants and a lovely t-shirt?
It's in Seattle if that matters. It seems people are a lot more casual here.

I was eating at a steakhouse I like and there was a family there who were there for like an anniversary or wedding or something. Bunch of people all dressed up obviously big get to do.

I didn't think much about it at the time but I was talking to some people online and they said that you have like a basic responsibility to dress up at least a little at these places. The atmosphere is a big part of the experience and that I'm kind of ruining that. Also that it shows lack of 'respect' for people around me.

AITA?

EDIT: How do I flair as rear end in a top hat?

I totally don't get why people care about the atmosphere (I'm there for the food) but if they care and I'm not respecting that...I'm the rear end in a top hat.

I'll be ordering my food ahead of time and leaving with it from now on.

This is really sad :(

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/legaladvice
If I was suspended from a job And they laid everyone off for that position before I was un suspended, do I still have the right to get my job back because I wasn’t technically working during the layoff?
u/mitch1618

quote:

I was working at my college, and was suspended due to my academic standing. While on suspension, They eliminates the position and laid everybody off. I am still under the impression that I have a job because I am on suspension and they didn’t give me any formal notice that I was unsuspended and paid off. Can I get my job back when I’m unsuspended?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
If I was suspended from a job And they laid everyone off for that position before I was un suspended, do I still have the right to get my job back because I wasn’t technically working during the layoff?
u/mitch1618

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww how cute. Still too young to be utterly crushed and jaded by corporate life.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This lovely employee found one weird trick to avoid layoffs. Bosses hate him!

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for humiliating my best friend's girlfriend with an butt tattoo?

So, I decide to give him a tattoo of my name in a love heart, just basic linework with no colour. The thing is, my name is Connor. His girlfriend's last name is O'Connor.

If it's on his right cheek, all he has to do is spread his rear end cheeks and it becomes "O" Connor. :shrug:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For going to 'expensive' restaurants in sweatpants and a lovely t-shirt?

Just don't go to Vesuvio's

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

My cat, who is the best cat, was from someone who had to re-home him because her new husband hated him. He's an incredibly sweet cat. He has never done a bad thing in his life.

I don't think that's a cat.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

PostNouveau posted:

This lovely employee found one weird trick to avoid layoffs. Bosses hate him!

He may have been a great employee, he just wasn't bright enough to be eligible to work there.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

I caught my 16 year old daughter on Hitlr and I locked her in a cage until she's 18 told her she couldn't use her hitlerphone for 2.5 weeks. AITA?

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

CodfishCartographer posted:

Devil’s advocate for vacation girl, but I can understand wanting to take a short vacation after the stress of college before diving into the stress of your first real job. There may also be some unreliable narrator stuff going on, the “When do i get to recharge?” bit sounds real petty and bitter. Also, it doesn’t seem unreasonable that even the most hard-assed boss would be able to let someone take a single day off work for a long weekend or something with a few months heads-up - she did ask him to TRY, and it didn’t seem like he did. That being said, she probably should just accept that it ain’t happening and they could both start working towards saving up for a nice vacation in a year or something instead, but that'd require some kind of communication and compromise on both parts.

It's loving wild how people just come in here and write fanfiction about how it must be the man's fault. every time. every loving time.

This isn't devil's advocate, this is writing an entirely different post about an entirely different situation. they aren't married. it's all money he earned, she earned none of it. even then he put it aside as shared money for their shared goal as a couple, which she now wants to use for her and her sister. he makes it clear that he isn't some big breadwinner, and he hasn't done anything fun in a long time either. he's been scrimping by to support her educational goals.

So uh, yeah, I think "When do I get to recharge?" is a fair loving question. It's also fair to be bitter that she sees the money he's been saving as available to be spent. Don't you think he would have maybe taken a vacation himself, or bought himself something nice over the past 4 years if he know the money was for "fun" and not "Our Wedding"?

Of course she and everyone else would love to (and in a just world probably deserves to) take a vacation before starting work. Tough noogies. I worked when I was 14, I worked 2 jobs before starting college, I worked through college to put myself through it, and I was working F/T less than 21 days after graduating college a semester early. That's life, you knuckle up and grumble about not being independently wealthy and vote for Bernie like the rest of us born poor millennials.

It's great that you've decided that his boss will definitely give him the time off and that he's just lying because of Reasons. Commencement is in less than two months, you have no idea what sort of job he has or what his boss is like.

quote:

That she deserves some time to recharge before jumping into the work force because who knows how long it’ll be before she could take time like that for herself.

Uh, like a loving year? If she gets a job and they double their goddamn income there is no reason why they can't take a vacation together within a year.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CodfishCartographer posted:

I get the impression that she's asking him to take off an extra week, not just a day. A long weekend vacation can be done on the cheap pretty easily but it sounds like she wants to fly somewhere for R&R

Since he's ultimately the one who would have to pay for all of this, and since they're struggling financially, I can understand not wanting to blow money on a big getaway vacation. If the sister is willing to pay as a graduation gift then that'd be a great thing, but probably too much to expect. She's going to have to lower her expectations from "getaway vacation" to "getaway weekend roadtrip"

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

He says he doesn't earn much so he might not even have a job where weekends are a thing.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/relationship_advice
I [13f] just found out my dad is only 13 years older then me?
u/doesntmatter11166

quote:

Throw away because my parents know my reddit account

I found out my dad is only 13 years older then me. And my mom is 28 years older then me. They've always told me that they meet when he was 18 and she was 22 and 2 years later she got pregnant with me. But when I asked my dad for money so I could go to the mall he told me it was in his wallet. I saw his ID and thought it was an ugly picture so I laughed about it but then I noticed his birthday which was really close to mine. I didnt think anything of it at the time. But later in my room i decided to do the math and realized that he was only 13 years older then me. I later took a peak at my moms ID and noticed that shes older then she said she was as well and realized that shes 28 years older then me. That means my dad was 13 when my mom was 28 and had me. Im not sure what to do with this, should I ask my parents about it? Or just my dad since me and him are close and me and my mom arent all that close. I just cant stop thinking about it my mom was older then my dad is at the moment when they meet or w.e. What would they say if I had a 28 year old boyfriend? I cant even look at either of them right now. Is this why Ive never meet my grandparents from my dads side? My mom told me that they didnt approve of their relationship so they moved when I was 5 but where they just waiting? They seem so happy always joking and laughing with one another. Their relationship is what I want my first relationship to be like or I thought it was. How can I approach them or just my dad about this or should I even approach them? Is there a point of even bringing this up to them? Would my mom hate me if I brought it up. I just dont know what to do

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I don't know where she's getting all of this information about gong on vacation before getting a job, he really needs to take away her phone and more closely monitor her internet usage

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

r/relationship_advice
I [13f] just found out my dad is only 13 years older then me?
u/doesntmatter11166

Wait what?? Huh? Like uh....

I dunno what to say to this.

Good luck girl you’ll need it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

Just don't go to Vesuvio's

Especially not wearing a hat.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

imho it is an injustice that saying the words "devil's advocate" does not immediately cause an abyss to open under you and suck you down to spend an eon practicing law in Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

charity rereg posted:

It's loving wild how people just come in here and write fanfiction about how it must be the man's fault. every time. every loving time.

This isn't devil's advocate, this is writing an entirely different post about an entirely different situation. they aren't married. it's all money he earned, she earned none of it. even then he put it aside as shared money for their shared goal as a couple, which she now wants to use for her and her sister. he makes it clear that he isn't some big breadwinner, and he hasn't done anything fun in a long time either. he's been scrimping by to support her educational goals.

So uh, yeah, I think "When do I get to recharge?" is a fair loving question. It's also fair to be bitter that she sees the money he's been saving as available to be spent. Don't you think he would have maybe taken a vacation himself, or bought himself something nice over the past 4 years if he know the money was for "fun" and not "Our Wedding"?

Of course she and everyone else would love to (and in a just world probably deserves to) take a vacation before starting work. Tough noogies. I worked when I was 14, I worked 2 jobs before starting college, I worked through college to put myself through it, and I was working F/T less than 21 days after graduating college a semester early. That's life, you knuckle up and grumble about not being independently wealthy and vote for Bernie like the rest of us born poor millennials.

It's great that you've decided that his boss will definitely give him the time off and that he's just lying because of Reasons. Commencement is in less than two months, you have no idea what sort of job he has or what his boss is like.

Uh, like a loving year? If she gets a job and they double their goddamn income there is no reason why they can't take a vacation together within a year.

I mean I wasn’t trying to say the dude is a jackass or anything, I think he’s been more than generous to pay for so much for her. But I literally did suggest they save up together for a year just like you’re suggesting lol. I will say it clearly here: her asking him to pay for her vacation when she hasn’t contributed anything is lovely, especially if she’s throwing a big fit about it. However I don’t think there’s really enough in that post to determine if she’s being a greedy leech who will never get a job and just suck up his money for years, like what’s posted at the top of this page.

Rubellavator posted:

He says he doesn't earn much so he might not even have a job where weekends are a thing.

That's fair and something I hadn't really considered to be honest, so good point there.