Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

The_Doctor posted:

They’ve posted a trailer for the DS9 documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHtZqzie1k

I just watched an ad so I'd be allowed to watch an ad. I think I'm living in some sort of peak capitalism Ferengi dystopia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Cat Hatter posted:

I just watched an ad so I'd be allowed to watch an ad. I think I'm living in some sort of peak capitalism Ferengi dystopia.

Wait until you watch an ad so you can watch a "trailer announcement."

speakhard
Nov 30, 2003

from mars to uranus.
Having seen the DS9 doc at one of the backer screenings, all I can say is that the 8th season premiere that they break is, for my money, absolutely perfect and exactly what the show should/would be if it came back today.

Also that Marc Alaimo is...intense.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

speakhard posted:

Having seen the DS9 doc at one of the backer screenings, all I can say is that the 8th season premiere that they break is, for my money, absolutely perfect and exactly what the show should/would be if it came back today.

Care to spoil the jist of it for us?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Drone posted:

Double-posting because I'm doing a TNG watch through (up to "Relics") and I just realized that the amount of time that has elapsed since the air date of this episode (1992) is greater than the amount of time that passed between "Relics" and the end of the original run of TOS.

loving hell.

Here's something even freakier.

TNG started in 1987, and if the new Picard show airs early 2020 that's a 33 year gap between premieres. That's like if William Shatner had starred in a new Kirk series in 1999.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Would be if it came back today.

Rom puts Quark through 'enhanced interrogation' in order to get him to pay his taxes, meanwhile Odo struggles with a crippling opioid addiction

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

oh wait, not 201s prestigey enough, we also see Morn's rear end

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tunicate posted:

Rom puts Quark through 'enhanced interrogation' in order to get him to pay his taxes, meanwhile Odo struggles with a crippling opioid addiction

I love the idea that anytime someone leaves his office after a stressful encounter, he takes a hypospray from his desk drawer and becomes a stoned puddle.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I feel like the Vorta and the Cardassians were logical busom buddies, because Vorta have no sense of aesthetics and Cardassians decorate like this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonights episode of TNG is the episode Disaster, in this episode Worf guest stars in an episode of the tv show Call the Midwife.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

speakhard posted:

Also that Marc Alaimo is...intense.

I could have sworn I once read a story that Jeffrey Combs said Marc Alaimo almost got kicked off a flight they were on because he was freaking out the other passengers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sash! posted:

I could have sworn I once read a story that Jeffrey Combs said Marc Alaimo almost got kicked off a flight they were on because he was freaking out the other passengers.

women can sense this energy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

women can sense this energy

Big Dick Energy

Neck Trick Energy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
women love spooning

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Imagine hanging this in your den.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah and

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
REEE PURPLE BEARD REEE

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kibbles n Shits posted:

REEE PURPLE BEARD REEE

making permanent fashion choices to spite some woman you once met, a cool and good character trait

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would be really embarrassed to have that as a poster in my house.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Tunicate posted:

making permanent fashion choices to spite some woman you once met, a cool and good character trait

??
I can only find a paragraph about him hating working in the same area as the suits and did it to piss them off. Blue beard so what?

But if there's more to the story, I'd like to hear it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

Tonights episode of TNG is the episode Disaster, in this episode Worf guest stars in an episode of the tv show Call the Midwife.

The real star is the dude whose leg was broken, who Worf had to reset, and didn't even flinch.

When a Klingon re-break your leg and he compliments you over it, you've got stones.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tunicate posted:

"permanent"

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
A purple beard looks really dumb, sorry. I don't care what rumors are floating around about why he decided to do it. He can do whatever he wants to his beard but I'm not going to fawn about how brave he is to be seen in public like that.

I'm pretty sure the 'to spite some lady' thing was just a shitpost, but now it's been referred to and will live on as truth forever.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

counterfeitsaint posted:

A purple beard looks really dumb, sorry. I don't care what rumors are floating around about why he decided to do it. He can do whatever he wants to his beard but I'm not going to fawn about how brave he is to be seen in public like that.

The 90s were weird, man.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Oh boy I just noticed his single middle fingernail painted black on each hand

We canna take anymore quirky affectations cap'n! One more sign of self-satisfied but harmless nonconformity and the whole thing's gonna blow!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
this man is wearing sunglasses indoors

we need more security down here bridge mORE SECURITY

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Nobody's calling the purple beard brave, it's also amazingly dumb to twist yourself in knots over a man wearing non-natural color dye or nail polish ffs.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I mean I'm not angry at the guy, but that beard is definitely terrible and that poster is dumb

Sash! posted:

I can definitely hear him in my head saying "Captain, I can assure you, I had no intention of making the other passengers nervous!"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The poster absolutely makes me less likely to watch that thing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Oh no, a guy involved with Star Trek is a weird nerd

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Drone posted:

The 90s were weird, man.

Ye but that's what he looks like in 2019.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The General posted:

??
I can only find a paragraph about him hating working in the same area as the suits and did it to piss them off. Blue beard so what?

But if there's more to the story, I'd like to hear it.

I was more talking about the sunglasses, which he now always wears because some girl in college once said they didn't look good indoors.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Well it's less about the beard and sunglasses and more about them being indicators that me might be an affectation prone, egotistical, sci-fi "personality" like Harlan Ellison.

The fact that he took over the project from Nimoy and made the poster all about him tends to corroborate that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Tunicate posted:

I was more talking about the sunglasses, which he now always wears because some girl in college once said they didn't look good indoors.

That's why you gotta pick up those classy Transition lenses. Be like my college friend who got married in tinted glasses because it was too bright for them to go clear. Those are some nice pics for them to look at separately on the anniversary of their divorce.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

I never said he was cool and good, I just don't share the thread's disdain for his appearance. There's a certain irony in a bunch of Star Trek lovers summarily rejecting a person for looking different from us.

Besides, the poster would be x1000 better if it were Brooks holding the station in his hands. Or Dukat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you can not "reject" a person and still be critical of decisions they've made that are dumb, like that poster

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I'm not defending his decisions at all and I'm not sure how I've given that impression.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Kibbles n Shits posted:

There's a certain irony in a bunch of Star Trek lovers summarily rejecting a person for looking different from us.
who's rejecting him

he looks like a dumb piece of poo poo but that's not rejecting him as a human being, it's saying he looks like a dumb piece of poo poo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Kibbles n Shits posted:

I'm not defending his decisions at all and I'm not sure how I've given that impression.

Nobody said you were. They're just saying it's not some Trekkie sin to say someone's aesthetic choices are a bit off. It's not rejection of a person, just words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
There were some posters saying they wouldn't see the documentary because of purple beard, but there's also posters saying "Behr makes stupid decisions and also looks dumb" and I was more addressing the former. The latter is perfectly reasonable. Sorry for the confusion.