Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I like how Noctis told me to use the voop action to get away from Garuda while she was pulling me in, then she pulled me back in half a second before the cast bar ended so I had no chance to voop away in time. Still survived with a hundred HP or so but geez.

He also ran to the tower I was *clearly* already standing in, the jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Thundarr posted:

I like how Noctis told me to use the voop action to get away from Garuda while she was pulling me in, then she pulled me back in half a second before the cast bar ended so I had no chance to voop away in time. Still survived with a hundred HP or so but geez.

Yeah this happened to me and killed me, it was kinda bs.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I mean, if you're gonna live-post, cuz unironically enjoy watching sprouts hit the high notes is real fun, do it here, or in the main Catgirl Bargains discord, for maximum audience.
I'll try to remember to also post my grievances here, then.
While I'm on that note, I will destroy all the company of heroes people who made me jump through those stupid loving hoops for the banquet :argh: The flying head-bow from the rich lalafell was funny, though.
Well okay not the blind guy, he at least was polite. Everyone else is getting fed feet-first to behemoths, though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Thundarr posted:

Yeah, I had to do that fight twice and it did it both times. I did it the first time on Blue because what the gently caress else can you do with Blue Mage and uh, it definitely cannot survive that :/

(I guess probably with guard up if I cared)

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I will burn Ishgard to the loving ground

Um, you realize you're just making things more difficult for those of us who will be rebuilding Ishgard in a future patch?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Anyone have a list of dialogue for the collab event? Noctis said I was like Prompto but I wanna see other other choices

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For the event fight You have to wait until the cast is about to go off. Warp too early and you get pulled back.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DizzyBum posted:

I respect your opinion and the right to have it, even though it's wrong. :colbert:

One crazy FATE grind was enough, thanks.

I didn't necessarily mean I wanted a FATE grind.

And I didn't want the mount to be hard to get so I could have some sort of internet boner because "I grinded the hardest, now I have this mount and feel cool when other people don't have it."

I don't even care about personally ever having the mount. I just think that they've put in a mount that is objectively the best mount in the game (aka the only four person mount in the game) and made it cheap enough that anyone could get it with an afternoon of casual play.

Basically we're going to be seeing this mount EVERYWHERE FOREVER.

I wanted it to be hard to get just so that I wouldn't get sick of looking at it. Instead, now 90% of players will only use this mount exclusively and it's going to get really loving boring to look at.

I 100% know my reasoning and thoughts on this are dumb as gently caress.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I didn't necessarily mean I wanted a FATE grind.

And I didn't want the mount to be hard to get so I could have some sort of internet boner because "I grinded the hardest, now I have this mount and feel cool when other people don't have it."

I don't even care about personally ever having the mount. I just think that they've put in a mount that is objectively the best mount in the game (aka the only four person mount in the game) and made it cheap enough that anyone could get it with an afternoon of casual play.

Basically we're going to be seeing this mount EVERYWHERE FOREVER.

I wanted it to be hard to get just so that I wouldn't get sick of looking at it. Instead, now 90% of players will only use this mount exclusively and it's going to get really loving boring to look at.

I 100% know my reasoning and thoughts on this are dumb as gently caress.

Well, I doubt it's going to be the only 4 person mount for long TBH and even then once Waddling Otter or whatever comes out that'll be the new hotness and people will move on.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

Well, I doubt it's going to be the only 4 person mount for long TBH and even then once Waddling Otter or whatever comes out that'll be the new hotness and people will move on.

Hopefully we get a couple more 4-person mounts in Shadowbringers because it's going to get real boring seeing majority of the population using only one mount.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Now that the Ironworks have the technology we can look forward to all kinds of models and colors of car.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

rally car racing when

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Xarbala posted:

rally car racing when

Car breeding when Yoship?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Car breeding when Yoship?
[solemnly] Bread. Potatoes. Noodles. White rice. Brown rice. Potato chips. Corn chips. Corn. Corn bread. Pancakes. Cake. Crepes.

Oh, I'm sorry, I misheard you.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

[solemnly] Bread. Potatoes. Noodles. White rice. Brown rice. Potato chips. Corn chips. Corn. Corn bread. Pancakes. Cake. Crepes.

Oh, I'm sorry, I misheard you.

boo this man

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ImpAtom posted:

For the event fight You have to wait until the cast is about to go off. Warp too early and you get pulled back.

To elaborate on this, it gives you plenty of time to adjust your timing rather than mash the special duty action as soon as it comes off cooldown to time it right. You're basically supposed to pop it after she pulls you in. Once you sync your timing to that, and just mash it when it comes off cooldown, you've got the timing right for avoiding the actual cast.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Xarbala posted:

boo this man
You think that's bad, I don't even give a poo poo about the car.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Argas posted:

To elaborate on this, it gives you plenty of time to adjust your timing rather than mash the special duty action as soon as it comes off cooldown to time it right. You're basically supposed to pop it after she pulls you in. Once you sync your timing to that, and just mash it when it comes off cooldown, you've got the timing right for avoiding the actual cast.

I did that.
It got me killed.

Twice.

Better to wait until the last pulse to jump away.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Nipponophile posted:

Um, you realize you're just making things more difficult for those of us who will be rebuilding Ishgard in a future patch?

I'm not seeing anything thats supposed to make me care. :rant:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So the only thing you can get from the FFXV FATE are currency for orchestrion rolls? Am I understanding this right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

So the only thing you can get from the FFXV FATE are currency for orchestrion rolls? Am I understanding this right?

Correct. You need 3 golds for all the songs. Clothes are from the main quest line. Hair, mount and TT card are from MGP. (230,000 total.)

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

The car is good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I switched to a class with enough hp to eat the hit lol

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Hopefully we get a couple more 4-person mounts in Shadowbringers because it's going to get real boring seeing majority of the population using only one mount.

It's cute how you assume the majority of the population has enough friends to need a four person mount.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

What is love?
Piggy, don't hurt me,
Don't hurt me,
No more

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nipponophile posted:

It's cute how you assume the majority of the population has enough friends to need a four person mount.

it's cute how you engage with mord as if anything rational matters.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Nipponophile posted:

It’ll probably be the de facto mount people use for passengers, but that’s such a small amount of time that you spend mounted.

You can pry fat cat out of my cold dead hands

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Aside from maps, and maybe flying lazy FC-mates around for aether currents, the world isn't big enough to really necessitate passenger mounts much. Not to mention most people fast travel everywhere and you're automatically ported into instances. The car will be the new hotness for now but how many Namazu mounts do you see these days?

I guess hunts or rare fates like Odin could see some car use?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Kurieg posted:

Do you need to purchase the mount during the event?
If so I desperately need mgp.

I've never used the gold saucer before but made like 70k yesterday. Did the challenges, except the 20 races/matches/w.e ones

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah getting MGP is like really easy.

Do your weekly challenge log
Do your minicacpots
Do the fashion report
get your jumbo cacpot tickets.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
The car's only real "longtime" use is in Eureka, but unless it's for carting to NMs, even that's gonna be limited thanks to the disparity in levels making Challenge Log parties a pain to do nowadays.

But it will be a godsend for those people.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So I'm kicking rear end on this thing on DRK but my stupid handsome friend keeps dying. How do I keep Noctis from dying? Should I try doing it as SMN or something? I dread to go through an actual DPS rotation in this moment though. Or is Link-Strike doing enough that I could do it as a healer?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Nessus posted:

So I'm kicking rear end on this thing on DRK but my stupid handsome friend keeps dying. How do I keep Noctis from dying? Should I try doing it as SMN or something? I dread to go through an actual DPS rotation in this moment though. Or is Link-Strike doing enough that I could do it as a healer?

I've not had this problem as SAM. Just that awkward moment when you mash Merciful Eyes only to realize you are level synced to 50.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Groggy nard posted:

I've not had this problem as SAM. Just that awkward moment when you mash Merciful Eyes only to realize you are level synced to 50.

Neither did I.

I can only assume that it was because she just got DPSed down fast enough that Noctis's health didn't become an issue.

Also, I ate the microburst, because I was spamming the thing to try and get out of it.... still didn't die.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Neither did I.

I can only assume that it was because she just got DPSed down fast enough that Noctis's health didn't become an issue.

Also, I ate the microburst, because I was spamming the thing to try and get out of it.... still didn't die.

Honestly? I figure enough Echo will let anybody brute force it.

It stacks, right?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I died once to the microburst thing as SAM but I cleared it no problem the second time with Noctis having a good 10% HP left. :v:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hey weird question, but is anyone having their nvidia drivers completely die playing this game lately?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think the big thing is, one, turn the enemy to point the big cone away from King Idiot, and two, stack for red triangle.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Nessus posted:

I think the big thing is, one, turn the enemy to point the big cone away from King Idiot, and two, stack for red triangle.

The fight alongside Noctis made me rather interested in the new Trust NPC AI for ShadowBongers system tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Shoehead posted:

Hey weird question, but is anyone having their nvidia drivers completely die playing this game lately?

Hmm, were you having YouTube playing at the same time?