Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Thundarr posted:

They added the FF13 stuff to Mog Station? I guess I never noticed it there. Maybe they would eventually add the car then. I guess that would make sense rather than leaving the :10bux: x3 on the table.
On the other hand, Iroha's armor set still isn't on Mog Station, and that was originally a 2015 event (they reran it in 2017).

As for the XIII stuff, I kind of love how goofy Grimoire Wing is. It collapses into a single boomerang when not in use, and there's a glowing blue screen projected on the other side while extended for the "pages".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Gruckles posted:

Giving you your class armor sans chest, at the same level where you'll be wearing the coliseum fetish chestpiece if you've been doing dungeons, was extremely smart design.

se bring back subligars as dungeon drops u cowards

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Eureka is still bad.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Frabba posted:

I believe it will, and then it will probably show up on mogstation a year later.

Lol how am I going to make 200,000 Gold?

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Shoehead posted:

From yesterday morning:

Do the challenge logs and the fashion report. They give the biggest chunk of mgp and really only require an afternoon to get most of them done. Also do the mini and jumbo cactpots, because they always give more mgp than they cost. Depending on how much extra stuff you do, and how much you are starting with, you should get 200k easily by the end of next week.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gruckles posted:

Giving you your class armor sans chest, at the same level where you'll be wearing the coliseum fetish chestpiece if you've been doing dungeons, was extremely smart design.

Every whm has their cleric panties phase thanks to this.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Shoehead posted:

200k Gil is like a half night of maps.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Thundarr posted:

Every whm has their cleric panties phase thanks to this.

The caster armor from the underwater palace dungeon can be charitably described as "Stripper ninja".

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kurieg posted:

The caster armor from the underwater palace dungeon can be charitably described as "Stripper ninja".

That's every armour set from Shisui.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

It’s also balmung’s unofficial uniform

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Hogama posted:

As for the XIII stuff, I kind of love how goofy Grimoire Wing is. It collapses into a single boomerang when not in use, and there's a glowing blue screen projected on the other side while extended for the "pages".

I think they will still sell you a 1-handed CNJ weapon for the FFXIII event for a couple of bucks if you wanted to buy something totally useless.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
I'm looking for an MMO but don't like final fantasy will I hate this game?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Dpulex posted:

It is probably the best MMO out right now but it is also Final Fantasy as gently caress so I dunno.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Dpulex posted:

What dont you like about final fantasy?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Dpulex posted:

How much do you not like Final Fantasy? Like, does the sight of a chocobo make you vomit? Do you get irrationally angry at moogles (as opposed to rationally angry like the rest of us)? Do the words "Black Mage" make you cringe?

If yes, you probably won't like this game. If not, you might still be able to enjoy an action bar MMO with Final Fantasy trappings.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

My best friend is extremely into FFXIV, and claims that she's never played a FF game and never will.

You can skip all the cutscenes if you want.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Gruckles posted:

What dont you like about final fantasy?

Mostly Snow and everything having to do with FF13. I also think anime art styles are getting kind of stale.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Bad news, this game is anime.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Dpulex posted:

Mostly Snow and everything having to do with FF13. I also think anime art styles are getting kind of stale.

This game doesn't really do either of those so you're good

The game is very anime but I wouldn't call the art style anime at all

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Typical lala drivers. :rolleyes:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Dpulex posted:

I'd say there's only one character that can compare to Snow's level of annoying and he gets a big ol' bucket of Character Development™ dumped over his head going into the first expansion. He's one of my favorites now.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

The game definitely has a lot of anime trappings. Writing can be a punch above at times but it's not really high art. I think it does a decent job of being a fantasy game with an OK story that is still distinctly Final Fantasy. Whatever pictures or video you find is likely a fair representation of the artstyle. Frankly there are few characters that really are anything beyond a single character trait, at least through the main story.

Never played FF13 so I can't speak to that.

e: fwiw I like the game and would recommend if it you like MMOs and fantasy.

Kalsco fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 17, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Zack Ater posted:

You can skip all the cutscenes if you want.

If you're a loving monster.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A few uncommon monster types are lifted directly from FF13 and there's some appearance-only optional gear as noted on this page but otherwise there really aren't any links between 13 and 14. It's mostly a fantasy setting played straight, with some magitek-punk elements. The graphical style isn't terribly anime, but there are thousands of screenshots you can find in this thread to decide if you like the way it looks!

The writing can be pretty anime at times and the story can be a slog, particularly in the earlier parts of the game. While I personally think some of the game gets lost if you skip through all the story, there's nothing wrong with doing that if you're only here for the gameplay.

That said, you literally ARE a monster if you don't play the in game music for at least primal fights. Soken is really loving good at video game music y'all.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 17, 2019

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
I'll give it a try then! Star wars galaxies (2003) hasn't been topped for me yet.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Mordiceius posted:

If you're a loving monster.

I mean, you shouldn't. But you can.

e: missed the first word of your post. Yeah, I agree.

Telum fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 17, 2019

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Dpulex posted:

I'll give it a try then! Star wars galaxies (2003) hasn't been topped for me yet.

Reminder that without paying to skip it, you will have to do every single main story quest to get to current endgame stuff. Good news: a fair amount of the story stuff can be fun. Bad news: you also have to do all the story quests that were added between expansions, the 2.1-3.0 being a good example of "treading water doing stupid bullshit". But all that aside the story stuff is fun and you can always skip cutscenes and dialog that bore you.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I will also throw my hat in for the "best if you don't skip cutscenes" even not being the biggest fan of this game's writing. Like 90% of the plot and scene setting are in it and while there's seemingly as much grinding in it for you as any other MMO, it's probably best to treat it like a single player RPG that sometimes has multiplayer dungeons/bosses because that's what it'll be for a very long time before you get through the story. There's lots of content you can do before then but eh. Seemingly mostly pretty princess stuff that isn't going anywhere.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Dpulex posted:

The real question you need to ask yourself isn't if you hate Final Fantasy, it's if you hate WoW. FF14 is extremely a WoW clone. There are differences and distinctions but fundamentally it's a hotbar combat-based theme park mmo with an endless gear treadmill at the end. If you're not on board for that, then ff14 probably won't stick long term (unless you fall into the crafting void).

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

UHD posted:

I still ride the namazu express everywhere because i have yet to obtain anything remotely as awesome and that includes the car

wasshoi motherfuckers

WTB a passenger version of this with each passenger hanging off the side.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Sunday Morning posted:

WTB a passenger version of this with each passenger hanging off the side.

a passenger version that “seats” up to eight but the passengers carry the mikoshi (and you)

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Yeah that's what I was picturing in my head, hanging off while flying, basically each passenger replacing a little fish dude.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

UHD posted:

a passenger version that “seats” up to eight but the passengers carry the mikoshi (and you)
Only if the mount shifts approporiately when you have three femroes on the left and two taters and a cat on the right.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Leofish posted:

I think they will still sell you a 1-handed CNJ weapon for the FFXIII event for a couple of bucks if you wanted to buy something totally useless.
Why limit yourself to ONE useless purchase?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's also a bit much saying that you hate Final Fantasy just cause of XIII because they're all pretty different.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The only thing consistent about Final Fantasy is moogles, chocobos, crystals, and the concept of summoning.

And even those are iffy.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Also don't buy Ironworks armor, it's ugly as hell and you'll deprive yourself of the first several sets of HW armor.
Better suggestion: Buy it for the stats, glamour over it if you don't like the look.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The evil techno empire is about as common as moogles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Ibblebibble posted:

It's also a bit much saying that you hate Final Fantasy just cause of XIII because they're all pretty different.

It's kind of like saying you hate Mario because you didn't like Mario Sunshine.