Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Casey Finnigan posted:

Fine, but I would really like to know what "kitchen table issues" she's referring to.

Probably some anodyne garbage like balancing the budget.

Edit: Taxation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

TulliusCicero posted:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1118574646528442368?s=19

This is such a dumb attempt at ratfucking, holy poo poo really?

"Apologize and grovel to my special friend or you can't talk to the coal miners!"

Is this loving grade school? :psyboom:

What's she supposed to be apologizing to Racist Snake for?

fishing with the fam posted:

Probably some anodyne garbage like balancing the budget.

Hello, are you familiar with how people like having access to health care?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

This better kick the coming recession into high gear

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TulliusCicero posted:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1118574646528442368?s=19

This is such a dumb attempt at ratfucking, holy poo poo really?

"Apologize and grovel to my special friend or you can't talk to the coal miners!"

Is this loving grade school? :psyboom:
How many times do you get to cry "They're being mean and I want an apology!!" before they revoke your "big tough customer" card?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Has there been an announced release time for the Mueller Report tomorrow other than "morning?"

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Shakestweetz/status/1118244210669424640

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Munkeymon posted:

It doens't matter. He wanted her to say no to the invite, so he could say "working class democrat is scared of working class whites, eh, go back to your ivory tower".

She didn't, and the Sanders town hall scared him into realizing that a group of historically pro-labor people getting talked to by a leftist may not work out in his favor, so he's added something new that he think's she'll decline.

The point is the decline, how he gets there is unimportant.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

InsertPotPun posted:

How many times do you get to cry "They're being mean and I want an apology!!" before they revoke your "big tough customer" card?

This is being big and tough to them. The louder the crying, the bigger and the tougher. It should be clear that these guys are among the wimpiest people in the world, their whole existence is based around finding someone who looks somewhat like them so they can idolize and follow him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump is going to do a press conference/interview

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1118610083930365952

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1118611417316384768

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

It could not be any more obvious that Barr is a Trump stooge who exists solely to bend the DoJ to Trump's wishes and yet there are still 'very serious' media outlets that take his word at face value.

Absurd

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Meatball posted:

Didnt he say he was going to withdraw a few days ago? Did something happen?

IIRC the reports a few days ago were that he had lost favor with a lot of people whose favor he'd need to get confirmed. I guess he read the same reports and just said drat the torpedoes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hmm. i feel like even barr redactions didn't help enough and its still gonna look bad. part of me thinks trumps gonna start screaming about how obama needs to be arrested.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I think whatever gets released tomorrow will have been more than just simply redacted.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1118613840973922310

Has Mueller been officially subpoenaed to appear before Congress yet?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1118613840973922310

Has Mueller been officially subpoenaed to appear before Congress yet?

they said they are gonna do it on Friday.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Munkeymon posted:

She accurately said he was trying to drum up islamaphobia about Omar

Him being a big tuff troop man, he is infallible, and thus atonement must be paid

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

haveblue posted:

IIRC the reports a few days ago were that he had lost favor with a lot of people whose favor he'd need to get confirmed. I guess he read the same reports and just said drat the torpedoes.

"gently caress it, I'm going for it" certainly seems to work as of late.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they said they are gonna do it on Friday.

Unfortunately it probably won't be public so as to prevent Republican grandstanding.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Burning_Monk posted:

One day, long long ago, I got to open up the newspaper and read how the leader of our country inserted cigars into his interns hoo ha. The whole report just printed in every major newspaper. They even sold it as a bound book in stores. Not one redaction.

Don't know why I keep thinking about that lately.
Same. But someone invariably goes "Uh yes well Starr was an Independant Council while Mueller is a Special Council..." and then the tears cause me to black out.

FizFashizzle posted:

Also he broke the half plus 7 rule for relationships.

And yet, incels...
That photo should be stickied on every corner of the net where they gather to remind then what failures they be.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Munkeymon posted:

Hello, are you familiar with how people like having access to health care?

Yes, people do like having access to healthcare, a lot. In fact, if you tell people that you will work to increase their access to healthcare, they may be motivated to vote for you.

But if you tell people that you will work on "kitchen table issues" they will actually just not know what you're talking about. Why be vague when you could just not be vague?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Lycus posted:

Wasn't that a Chapo Trap House bit?

Indeed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BgIz49hbjto

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So it's clearly obvious Barr is putting out an entirely fake report and they are just flaunting it now right?

Does anyone really expect Stephen Bannon's lame twin to tell the truth on anything?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

So it's clearly obvious Barr is putting out an entirely fake report and they are just flaunting it now right?

Does anyone really expect Stephen Bannon's lame twin to tell the truth on anything?

i mean if he did that, i feel like that would go south quick. i doubt mueller would stay quiet for that.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

FilthyImp posted:

And yet, incels...
That photo should be stickied on every corner of the net where they gather to remind then what failures they be.

The attitude that women are a prize to attain and failing to attain one is a failure is probably a much bigger contributor to the incel issue than anything else.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just a hunch, but I'm pretty sure that's by design, Maggie.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1118616173640286208

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Casey Finnigan posted:

Yes, people do like having access to healthcare, a lot. In fact, if you tell people that you will work to increase their access to healthcare, they may be motivated to vote for you.

But if you tell people that you will work on "kitchen table issues" they will actually just not know what you're talking about. Why be vague when you could just not be vague?

The list of things that constitute kitchen table issues don't fit in a headline. That's not Pelosi's fault.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Munkeymon posted:

Congressman Barr was insulted that Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez asked Congressman Crenshaw what he was doing to fight terror in the United States. His perspective is that his service as a Navy Seal should be credentials enough, her perspective is that he's doing a horrible job following through on protecting his supposed ideals as a member of Congress, in favor of hammering Congresswoman Omar for her faith whilst, among other things, refusing to co-sponsor an act which would provide support for individuals impacted by the September 11th attacks. Congressman Barr appears to believe that remaking upon Congressman Crenshaw's reticence to act proactively is tantamount to insulting him as a member of the armed forces who was injured in the line of duty, which seems more like he's trying to stifle any sort of criticism via the deification of service in the armed forces rather than engage with the salient points Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez is making about Congressman Crenshaw's contemporary actions.

To make a long story short, it is incredibly stupid and proof that Congressman Barr is just trying to weasel out of actually standing by his words like a complete coward. He's not my representative, but I'm still ashamed of him.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Just a hunch, but I'm pretty sure that's by design, Maggie.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1118616173640286208

Not to mention why expect him to either: a) actually answer any tough questions or b) answer truthfully to any questions at all, anyway? Even if you did have the report in front of you, he would dissemble/deny/distort anyway.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Meatball posted:

Didnt he say he was going to withdraw a few days ago? Did something happen?

I can only imagine 45 got in touch with him and told him "be like Kavanaugh, pitch an unholy fit, as loudly as possible, and you'll he fine."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Casey Finnigan posted:

The attitude that women are a prize to attain and failing to attain one is a failure is probably a much bigger contributor to the incel issue than anything else.
Good Point.

My stupid sick burn wasn't an endorsement of "look he got some sweet 20 year old, awesome!" but more of a reminder that even a mess like that guy can find companionship and that those dweebs just like to wallow in self pitying frustration than actually grow as people.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TulliusCicero posted:

I hope this is the new thing when the report is boring and the media gives up on it after doing a Ctrl+f for "collusion"

Show us ur long form report Mr Barr!!!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rampant Dwickery posted:

I can only imagine 45 got in touch with him and told him "be like Kavanaugh, pitch an unholy fit, as loudly as possible, and you'll he fine."

He's hit a snag though; Mitch Mconnell doesn't give a poo poo if 999 Man gets a seat on the Federal Reserve

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Munkeymon posted:

The list of things that constitute kitchen table issues don't fit in a headline. That's not Pelosi's fault.

Look, it's a video with no easily available transcript, and I can't access pastebin from work to dump the super-long .srt subtitle file from the page, so I can't give direct quotes right now. But she does not get specific about the kitchen table issues, at all, in the least, in the video. She says that people are worried about kitchen table issues, like paying the bills, a broken car, a water heater, etc. The most specific she gets about health care is "There's a lot of things, like health care." e: actually that quote wasn't even from Pelosi herself.

Of course, she goes on to say "Whatever orientation you are when you come into congress, you have to govern mainstream," which is a quote I've definitely, definitely seen before. Makes me a little confused - why are we reposting the same interviews of Nancy Pelosi repeatedly?

e: ah, they replayed a clip of it. I need to stop hating video-only news so much that I don't even skim the video at all.

e: oh I'm dumb here's a link to the .srt file: https://nbcnewsdigital-static.nbcuni.com/media/captions/MSNBC/796/619/1555502851088_n_mj_pelosi_190417.srt

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 17, 2019

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bors is getting meta now:

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1118620058421354496

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean if he did that, i feel like that would go south quick. i doubt mueller would stay quiet for that.

Mueller's such a Good Loyal Republican he just nodded and carried on his business when someone tried to frame him for multiple sexual assaults because the twerp was the son of a big money Republican donor and you can't go after the kids of the folks with the money because it will make Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump mad. He's not gonna say poo poo even if Barr waves around a one page sheet that say "PRzdant nut giltee by Robart Mulder, Age seventry 4our" in red crayon and claims it's the full report.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/michaelscherer/status/1118616162412244992

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

well everything is projection with these assholes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well everything is projection with these assholes.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1118620362433024001

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Mueller's such a Good Loyal Republican he just nodded and carried on his business when someone tried to frame him for multiple sexual assaults because the twerp was the son of a big money Republican donor and you can't go after the kids of the folks with the money because it will make Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump mad. He's not gonna say poo poo even if Barr waves around a one page sheet that say "PRzdant nut giltee by Robart Mulder, Age seventry 4our" in red crayon and claims it's the full report.

Lmao David Wohl is not a "wealthy" guy; neither is Jacob

His wife took a bunch of his stuff in the divorce and he was pretty much a textbook ambulance chasing lawyer before Trump tweeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao David Wohl is not a "wealthy" guy; neither is Jacob

His wife took a bunch of his stuff in the divorce and he was pretty much a textbook ambulance chasing lawyer before Trump tweeting

They're both still on Team R and if you're on Team R you don't come for Team R. Ever.