Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

:ironicat: "It's the economy stupid" was a Clinton catchphrase IIRC. Somehow I don't think Clinton was 'immune from criticism', especially during that whole impeachment thing.

e: birb tax

https://twitter.com/audubonsociety/status/1120331478414561281

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FlamingLiberal posted:

Superman Returns was just boring. At least MoS is entertainingly bad.

Returns at least tried to advance the mythos beyond the origin. MoS was just yet another take on the origin story, albeit a joyless, murderous one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1120644639311134720

lol this stupid sob.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

That’s a very interesting attempt to wholly lay the blame for the Honduran coup at the feet of the republicans. However, we already know that Obama’s SoS was very much in favor of removing zelaya and worked to make sure he would not return to power or that military aid would not be cut to the coup government.

Here’s an article discussing Obama’s SoS’ role:

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/31/hillary-clinton-honduras-violence-manuel-zelaya-berta-caceres

quote:

Clinton pushed for new elections, rather than the return of Zelaya, whom she considered a leftist troublemaker in the mould of Venezuela’s Hugo Chávez.
In a recent interview with New York Daily News, Clinton said the legislature and judiciary “actually followed the law in removing President Zelaya. Now I didn’t like the way it looked or the way they did it, but they had a strong argument that they had followed the constitution and the legal precedents”.
Yet the military’s actions were widely condemned as a coup by governments across Latin America, the UN, EU and the Organisation of American States (OAS), which suspended Honduras.
Hugo Llorens, the US ambassador to Tegucigalpa, agreed. In a diplomatic cable later released by WikiLeaks, he wrote that while it was possible that Zelaya may have “committed illegalities” there was “no doubt that the military, supreme court and National Congress conspired on June 28 in what constituted an illegal and unconstitutional coup against the executive branch”.
In the hardback edition of her autobiography Hard Choices, Clinton wrote that the head of the Honduran congress, Roberto Micheletti, and the country’s supreme court “claimed to be protecting Honduran democracy against Zelaya’s unlawful power grab and warned that he wanted to become another Chavez or Castro.
“Certainly the region did not need another dictator, and many knew Zelaya well enough to believe the charges against him.
In her memoir, she wrote: “In the subsequent days I spoke with my counterparts around the hemisphere … We strategized on a plan to restore order in Honduras and ensure that free and fair elections could be held quickly and legitimately, which would render the question of Zelaya moot.”
Leaked emails from Clinton’s private server which were published by WikiLeaks show that during this period, the US pushed the OAS to support new elections and sideline Zelaya.
Meanwhile, the crackdown was brutal, said Karen Spring of the Honduras Solidarity Network. “People were beaten, tortured, disappeared, jailed illegally. There were no conditions for free and fair elections; there was no peaceful transition.”

The consequences of the Honduran coup government were not unknowable at the time, nor was Obama’s administration forced into supporting the coup (unless you think his SoS was a republican)

Condiv fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 23, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Like most of his babysitters deserve to get dunked on as much as he does because gently caress any enablers this stupid dipshit has, but I wonder if they have tweet alerts for whenever Donnie unleashes his twitter diarrhea and they go "It's 6 in the AM, Grandpa Huggies, go the gently caress to sleep"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Confounding Factor posted:

I'd like to know why Obama never gets the blame for starting the kiddie concetration camps at the border. Is Trump not just continuing the horrific policies that Obama originally started?

Because what Obama did was an emergency stop gap for a rising problem of children crossing the borders by themselves. Trumps is stopping the whole family, tear them apart and hold the children indefinitely in poo poo conditions with abusive staff while shipping the parents back south and telling them to pound sand when it comes to getting the kids back

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Wark Say posted:

Like most of his babysitters deserve to get dunked on as much as he does because gently caress any enablers this stupid dipshit has, but I wonder if they have tweet alerts for whenever Donnie unleashes his twitter diarrhea and they go "It's 6 in the AM, Grandpa Huggies, go the gently caress to sleep"

funny you mention that.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1120650189537202176

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1120651611410436098

twitter is mean to trump.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Stupid over priced niche bike maker sells bikes to buyers over seas that pay large price for a luxury item. Must wreck foreign trade because of luxury item because president business is dumb when it comes to business.
Reminds me of that MAGA rear end that ran a sports shop and refused to sell Nike stuff because "They endorse the players kneeling at football games REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" and ended up closing his shop because business dried up

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What's the point of oral arguments in the census SCOTUS case? Everyone knows they are absolutely shameless and will make up some farcical reason Trump is right because they are way more interested in making sure Republicans can maintain control despite being a minority party than anything related to the rule of law.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Radish posted:

What's the point of oral arguments in the census SCOTUS case? Everyone knows they are absolutely shameless and will make up some farcical reason Trump is right because they are way more interested in making sure Republicans can maintain control despite being a minority party than anything related to the rule of law.

There is very little point to oral arguments in any case, but especially little at the SC when things have been through so many levels of prior review. The justices have their opinions written before the arguments even happen. It's 95% theater.

People give Clarence Thomas poo poo for sleeping through oral arguments but he's objectively correct to do so. they're just a waste of everyone's time.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 23, 2019

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder how easy it would be to ruin Trump's sleep cycle if you just started to play loud music around 10 PM and heat up McDonalds around midnight.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

I wonder how easy it would be to ruin Trump's sleep cycle if you just started to play loud music around 10 PM and heat up McDonalds around midnight.

Wouldn't that be assassination?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Radish posted:

You know those novelty dice that have things written on them in place of the dots? Imagine two of those, one covered in threats to America and the other covered in racial slurs, and Republicans throwing them like they’re playing craps.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"this idiot white supremacists game show host is Constitutionally correct despite every other level of government disagreeing" -our highest court.

Stack the court to 200 justices or something ludicrous who gives a poo poo, it's not like SCOTUS respects itself in the least.

Frankly the entire federal government feels like it's in total freefall so the best hope is live in a state that's not too fascist and die before climate collapse and don't have any kids so they aren't subjected to it. We are never wrenching power away from the minority dedicated to destroying the rest of us.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 23, 2019

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

SocketWrench posted:

Stupid over priced niche bike maker sells bikes to buyers over seas that pay large price for a luxury item. Must wreck foreign trade because of luxury item because president business is dumb when it comes to business.
Reminds me of that MAGA rear end that ran a sports shop and refused to sell Nike stuff because "They endorse the players kneeling at football games REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" and ended up closing his shop because business dried up

It's even dumber than that; the tariffs on Harley Davidson were retaliation to Trumps steel tariffs. I have no Idea if Trump is deliberately ignoring this or just doesn't know.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

This one needs to be fully appreciated.

Down on their knees begging for forgiveness. Totally normal, extra cool.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Charles Audubon personally shot and killed every bird he drew for his library.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress this poo poo and every gay republican

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1120649779887976448

quote:

The Trump administration appears ready to roll back health care protections for transgender people, and advocates are gearing up for a fight. A proposed rule from the Department of Health and Human Services that’s expected in the coming days would make it easier for doctors, hospitals and insurance companies to deny care or coverage to transgender patients, as well as women who have had abortions.

Coming on the heels of the military transgender ban, there are fears the administration could go even further and use the proposal as an opportunity to narrow the definition of gender. Chase Strangio, an attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), said access to health care can be a life or death circumstance, and the rule could have “catastrophic effects” if it is finalized.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Being Republican, Libertarian or Fascist should disqualify you from saying you're LGBT+ anything. You're a piece of poo poo that fucks the same gender.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wark Say posted:

I’m pretty sure all of his babysitters are gone from the WH and he mostly does what he wants

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There is very little point to oral arguments in any case, but especially little at the SC when things have been through so many levels of prior review. The justices have their opinions written before the arguments even happen. It's 95% theater.

People give Clarence Thomas poo poo for sleeping through oral arguments but he's objectively correct to do so. they're just a waste of everyone's time.

Turn it into a cooking show.

https://twitter.com/JoshMBlackman/status/1108364719784644611

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SocketWrench posted:

Because what Obama did was an emergency stop gap for a rising problem of children crossing the borders by themselves. Trumps is stopping the whole family, tear them apart and hold the children indefinitely in poo poo conditions with abusive staff while shipping the parents back south and telling them to pound sand when it comes to getting the kids back
Lots of people jumping in to post about how it is in fact cool and good when their guy does a coup and imprisons kids.

:911:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Radish posted:

"this idiot white supremacists game show host is Constitutionally correct despite every other level of government disagreeing" -our highest court.

Stack the court to 200 justices or something ludicrous who gives a poo poo, it's not like SCOTUS respects itself in the least.

Frankly the entire federal government feels like it's in total freefall so the best hope is live in a state that's not too fascist and die before climate collapse and don't have any kids so they aren't subjected to it. We are never wrenching power away from the minority dedicated to destroying the rest of us.

This really is a huge sticking point for me. How can we as a country possibly go back to the status quo after the Trump presidency's conclusion? We've had hard proof that the checks and balances we've taken for granted, and the fallacy of politicians desiring "reaching across the aisle" are both myths which have done nothing but lead to massive negative political ramifications for every minority group in the United States. Trying to maintain a dead vision of centrism in the wake of this administration seems beyond futile to me.

God dammit all.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Radish posted:

Stack it so every single person in America is a member

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Lots of people jumping in to post about how it is in fact cool and good when their guy does a coup and imprisons kids.

:911:

Lots of people unable to get to the second clause of the simple idea 'Obama bad, Trump worse.'

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Dammerung posted:

This really is a huge sticking point for me. How can we as a country possibly go back to the status quo after the Trump presidency's conclusion?
The status quo was bad, and if you want to go back to it it's probably because you're privileged as gently caress.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dammerung posted:

This really is a huge sticking point for me. How can we as a country possibly go back to the status quo after the Trump presidency's conclusion? We've had hard proof that the checks and balances we've taken for granted, and the fallacy of politicians desiring "reaching across the aisle" are both myths which have done nothing but lead to massive negative political ramifications for every minority group in the United States. Trying to maintain a dead vision of centrism in the wake of this administration seems beyond futile to me.

God dammit all.

Honestly I think we are past the event horizon where the theocratic fascists have figured out they don't need any sort of majority support as long as they just do whatever they want and are supported by the other people in power with similar views leading to them maintaining power depite being very unpopular. It's just going to be a steady retraction of rights based on the whims of a bunch of primary voters in Texas and Ohio we thought couldn't be taken away politically until something snaps in an incredibly destructive way.

The old status quo was terrible so I don't really care to return to it but I think we are in for much worse.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The point was to have a really young cutoff with some actual medical reason. First thing i could think of.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Rent-A-Cop posted:

The status quo was bad, and if you want to go back to it it's probably because you're privileged as gently caress.

Absolutely, and the Trump administration should be proof positive for everybody that what successes it had were in spite of itself, rather than because of how it operated.

Radish posted:

Honestly I think we are past the event horizon where the theocratic fascists have figured out they don't need any sort of majority support as long as they just do whatever they want and are supported by the other people in power with similar views leading to them maintaining power depite being very unpopular. It's just going to be a steady retraction of rights based on the whims of a bunch of primary voters in Texas and Ohio we thought couldn't be taken away politically until something snaps in an incredibly destructive way.

Do you think climate change will be what does it, or us finally blundering into a major war with Venezuela or Iran?

And would those be enough?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Also today is the deadline for the IRS to turn over Trumps tax returns. We heard anything about that lately?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dammerung posted:

Absolutely, and the Trump administration should be proof positive for everybody that what successes it had were in spite of itself, rather than because of how it operated.

Do you think climate change will be what does it, or us finally blundering into a major war with Venezuela or Iran?

And would those be enough?

In the long term climate change will do us in but in the short term it will gently caress over other countries leading to more refugees allowing conservatives and the media to make up more CARAVAN hysteria in order to mobalize racists to the polls and also create even more authoritarian policies.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

cr0y posted:

Also today is the deadline for the IRS to turn over Trumps tax returns. We heard anything about that lately?

I get the feeling we are never going to get them.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

I was just feeling really uplifted and jazzed for the Knock Down the House thing, and then this.

This is why I have no loving patience for anyone trying to carry water for the GOP or any kind of atmosphere that treats these ghouls like anything other than the monsters they are. "B-b-b-but both sides-" gently caress you, they want LGBTQ+ people dead. And, apparently, anyone who's had an abortion ever. gently caress.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

cr0y posted:

Oh that's probably why Trump is all pissy this morning on Twitter.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/1120658707032039426?s=19

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Sarcastr0 posted:

Lots of people unable to get to the second clause of the simple idea 'Obama bad, Trump worse.'

likewise for the inverse

that's why we have people who try to pretend the republicans forced the obama administration into supporting the honduran coup, or pretending that it was completely unknowable that said coup would result in an influx in refugees and perhaps we should be prepared to handle that humanely

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Uncle Ruckus voice

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/andrewsweiss/status/1120439752820436997

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Easy Diff posted:

Charles Audubon personally shot and killed every bird he drew for his library.

Hey how else do you get them to sit still long enough to draw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I want the house to be replaced with a parliamentarian system if only so we can send a 6’5” dude with a big mace to the IRS building to collect those documents.