Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Detective No. 27 posted:

An extra playable character and portability. It's a pretty good port. Sadly, they removed the orchestrated music that the US PS2 version had and replaced it with the lovely midis. You can always download to get the orchestration back in if you have custom firmware, but the hacks I found were also dumbly connected to retranslations, which are incompatible with the voice acting.
Two new characters and another post-game dungeon, IIRC. As well as the symbol encounters mentioned above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I started playing Kirby Triple Deluxe. is that one of the good Kirbies?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yes but robobot's better

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Gripweed posted:

From what I played, it's pretty good. Planet Robobot is better.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

The only thing Triple Deluxe really has over Robobot is better use of 3D gimmicks and maintaining a steady framerate while 3D is on.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There really are no bad Kirby games.

Triple Deluxe is excellent. Play it before you go to the better Planet Robobot.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Squeak Squad was pretty weak

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gripweed posted:

All Kirbies are good. Play it and then play Robobot after.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SeANMcBAY posted:

All Kirbies are good. Play it and then play Robobot after.

I'm getting the feeling that I should play Robobot last, after all other Kirby games

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gripweed posted:

I'm getting the feeling that I should play Robobot last, after all other Kirby games

There actually is a subtle overarching story to the Kirby games so it’s nice to play them in release order.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Detective No. 27 posted:

There really are no bad Kirby games.

The last one that came out on 3DS, Battle Royale, is the first one in a really long time that I didn't think was very good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
After all the Atlus talk I decided to look at their releases and holy poo poo do I have a lot of them. From what I can gather, the #1 mark of quality releases is Nintendo. #2 is Atlus. #879921 is EA.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm pretty sure I pre-ordered Radiant Historia on 3DS, and the place I pre-ordered it from then said that they weren't going to be stocking it at all. I ended up having to get it digitally.

(I still haven't played it).

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
After asking about Radiant Historia yesterday I stumbled across the launch edition with the art book at Walmart for $20. What I'm saying is my posts have infernal power.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RichterIX posted:

After asking about Radiant Historia yesterday I stumbled across the launch edition with the art book at Walmart for $20. What I'm saying is my posts have infernal power.

drat congrats

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

gently caress yeah. Wal Mart has some stealth deals going on now. I saw a lot of relative newer games going for $10-$20 off their normal msrp last time I was there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RichterIX posted:

drat you Americans, and your fancy limited edition of Radiant Historia :rant:.

(Seriously though, that is a hell of a good find you lucky fucker)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The last one that came out on 3DS, Battle Royale, is the first one in a really long time that I didn't think was very good.

squeak squad squcks but that was over a decade ago

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Neddy Seagoon posted:

drat you Americans, and your fancy limited edition of Radiant Historia :rant:.

(Seriously though, that is a hell of a good find you lucky fucker)

I'm excited to play it finally! And shocked that a CAG flipper or somebody didn't snag it yet.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So I ended up getting a new 2DS XL with Mario Kart 7 deal. Hilarious that the system transfer process is still this convoluted. And apparently the 2DS has no open contacts for cradle charging? And if you have a New 3DS XL, you have to have a screwdriver to remove the backplate to get at the microSD card? And it doesn't come with a charging cable?

Oh Nintendo, what goes through your tragic, broken brain sometimes.

I used to think it was a weird process until I remembered the 3DS is 2011 hardware. That's ancient. It takes like 5 seconds to open the eShop on that junk. (Junk in a non-judgmental way)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This Kirby game is never gonna get hard, is it?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Gripweed posted:

This Kirby game is never gonna get hard, is it?

Kirby games don't usually ever get hard until the bonus content. Come back when you get to the Arena, and then the True Arena

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kirby games aren't hard but they are fun.

I only occasionally struggled during it but The Great Cave Offensive is still one of my favorite gaming experiences, especially in Co-Op. I never get tired of it. Same with Milky Way Wishes. and every other kirby game

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The fun of Kirby games is killing Eldritch cosmic beings with a happy pink puff ball.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I did it, I beat the Kirby. It did get challenging during the final boss, but not in a fun way, IMO. every attack made your drop your weapon, and once the fight moved to the little platforms above a void, it would inevitably fall into the abyss. At which point I was stuck with waiting for one of the enemy attacks to drop a star close enough to me that I could get to it before it vanished. Which was kinda rare, because the stars vanished very quickly! More frustrating than challenging, IMO.

Overall I enjoyed it, and Kirby is very cute, but another Kirby game isn't gonna be high on my gaming priorities any time soon

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm currently on the last lvl of Project X Zone 2, after that I'm going to finish Kirby Planet Robobot. I think I read somewhere that it's a good Kirby.

From what I played, it was at least an interesting change that the beginning of the game is surprisingly dark considering we're playing a pink sucking ball who has starred in games about stolen cake.

Gripweed posted:

I did it, I beat the Kirby. It did get challenging during the final boss, but not in a fun way, IMO. every attack made your drop your weapon, and once the fight moved to the little platforms above a void, it would inevitably fall into the abyss. At which point I was stuck with waiting for one of the enemy attacks to drop a star close enough to me that I could get to it before it vanished. Which was kinda rare, because the stars vanished very quickly! More frustrating than challenging, IMO.

Overall I enjoyed it, and Kirby is very cute, but another Kirby game isn't gonna be high on my gaming priorities any time soon
Nice job!
That was still Triple Deluxe right? With the insect queen? I never finished the Dedede Tour in that game. :(

Am I the only one who tends to find the Kirby games easier without using weapon and thus always tries to keep a weapon in hand to make the game more challenging.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
stolen cake is very dark

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kirby games are frequently about Kirby being up against some hosed up Lovecraftian poo poo.

Robobot is pretty much built around a shitton of references to previous Kirby games, the overall structure is a lot like Dream Land 3, though it also has a lot of Kirby 64 references (and some retroactive tie-ins to it!) and some old familiar faces that haven't shown up in a while, as well as adding new stuff to the franchise. (possibly noting that it's rather short on female characters)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lord help me, I just spent $60 on a boxed copy of Alien Chaos 3D.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I have played both of the rhythm games on the 3DS. I like Hatsune Miku Project Mirai better than Final Fantasy Theatrythm Curtain Call. Theatrythm has too many songs that sound the same and they almost all just fade out at the end because they were written to loop endlessly. But Hatsune Miku lets you decorate Miku's apartment, and whether it's day or night outside is based on your 3DS's internal clock.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX also has a secret Puyo Puyo game in it

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I ended up ordering a Nintendo refurb New 3dsxl last week and it came yesterday, pretty nice, I don't think I could tell the difference from a new one. Took maybe 20-30 minutes to do the system transfer and everything seems fine, the larger screen is great (upgraded from an original 3DS).

Much easier to hold, a big complaint I had with my original 3ds. I had a 32gb micro sd card so I used that, same size I had before but maybe someday I will upgrade if I need the space, I prefer carts anyways unless there's a major price difference.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A new New 3DS game has been released!

It's ZARA the Fastest Fairy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

drat

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
More like 3DDS :eyepop:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

The headtracking works too well! I can't look away!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What in the world

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Not sure how she can be the fastest fairy, those things don't look very aerodynamic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The only fast thing she seems to want is a quick death, judging by that expression :ohdear:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Fire Emblem Echoes has very long cutscenes for a mobile game