Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Edit: oh no, a page snipe. Here's a glamour shot I took a couple days ago that I was really happy with.

If you have to ask, Spell Speed. You need a certain amount of spell speed to hit your ideal number of casts comfortably. The exact number will depend on your personal ping, the content you are doing, and your knowledge and placement during fights. In theory, crit and DH can give you slightly more damage once you reach your personal break point for SS on a fight, but iirc that break point is going to depend on a ton of variables and the exact fight you are doing. It's more practical to stack spell speed and get as many casts as possible without movement being an issue.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Is there any sells on Stormblood?

I preordered Shadowbringers but I don't want to be stuck at 50 until 7-4.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah spell speed not only makes your damage go up but it directly makes the class more forgiving which is huge, to me at least. Sadly no other caster ever wants it, so your melds can get awkward.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

rantmo posted:

I've been casually making my way through the free trial over the last two or three weeks now and am closing in on the level cap in my main job--White Mage to my surprise, I wasn't expecting to enjoy playing a healer--so I'm ready to actually buy the game. Is the deluxe version worth the extra cost? Is there anything in the goodies that's actually worth getting or is it all pretty much cosmetic/inessential? Also once I'm upgraded, is there a FC I can join on Excalibur that doesn't require learning how Discord works?

I'm dumb, old and set in my ways and even I managed to get in. Pretty sure you just go to discord's website, set up an account and follow the few steps in the op. It was super easy. You don't even need the app if you don't want to bother with it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I don't suppose there's anything like https://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/#/solver except for collectibles and poo poo? Since discovering macros for crafting its like a whole new game.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thundarr posted:

I see Tataru has taught you well.

Apparently not well enough. I gave up trying to fail and just sucked it up and did it as MCH.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Sunday Morning posted:

I'm dumb, old and set in my ways and even I managed to get in. Pretty sure you just go to discord's website, set up an account and follow the few steps in the op. It was super easy. You don't even need the app if you don't want to bother with it.

Oh I'm sure it's easy, I just don't want to have to go and do a whole new thing. It's pure sloth.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

who was the poster here that likes being an interior designer for other people because i just bought a home and i don't have a single creative bone in my body

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a while ago i asked when the live letter was beyond "sometime in May"

it's 5/24 (in japan time?? in pst??? i have no idea)

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

rantmo posted:

Oh I'm sure it's easy, I just don't want to have to go and do a whole new thing. It's pure sloth.

Part of the reason I set up the auth process is as a basic screening for whether people can follow simple directions and understand rules so that they are less likely to cause problems in the future, and I’m not especially sympathetic to people who can’t manage that...

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

That's entirely fair and sensible.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It pays being grandfathered in before discord existed biiiiiiitch

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Kaubocks posted:

who was the poster here that likes being an interior designer for other people because i just bought a home and i don't have a single creative bone in my body

Yo. I'll shoot you a pm and we can talk about what you were thinking.

Sorry to the guy that had the balmung large. I did spend the starter fund and got something going on the bottom floor, but I just don't think I can do projects off Excalibur. I break up housing stuff with roulettes or whatever, and working on a different data center just didn't work for me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is my new favorite BLM glamour

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

loving hell, I'm not sure I've ever encountered a company that makes it so loving hard to give them money as Squeenix. What a dreadful matryoshka of linked accounts and logins and sites that don't talk to each other. I worked it out but it took like 20 minutes to buy the full game license.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Huh, I was a lot closer than I thought but this answers my questions of what the gently caress you're supposed to do with Flare at 68. I think I misunderstood the trait description.

edit: Spell speed or crit chance, if I ever get to the point to start melding materia and focusing on one?

Spell speed until your comfy, then crit. I like around 1900 SS if I can manage it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I used to think that cross server stuff would loving suck but apparently the prices on Excal are extremely low and people are sucking up everything I list everyday. I come back to hundreds of thousands of gil on stuff that never move. I'm emptying my retainers and my own inventory at a crazy rate, its like back on SB launch when I hell grinded gatherers. Stuff is just flying off my retainers.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Leal posted:

I used to think that cross server stuff would loving suck but apparently the prices on Excal are extremely low and people are sucking up everything I list everyday. I come back to hundreds of thousands of gil on stuff that never move. I'm emptying my retainers and my own inventory at a crazy rate, its like back on SB launch when I hell grinded gatherers. Stuff is just flying off my retainers.

This is my experience on Balmung as well.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The downside to cross server stuff: it's gonna take me vastly, vastly longer at current queue times to get the Makai mounts. Went from 5~ minutes as a freelancer to 20+ in queue.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Here's a new pic of my catgirl

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Jose Valasquez posted:

It only took 5 years but finally someone has posted a selfie I didn't roll my eyes at.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jose Valasquez posted:

go drunk, you're home

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jose Valasquez posted:

What item/emote is that?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Realm Reborn Red, they usually sell it during the Rising.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

It only took 5 years but finally someone has posted a selfie I didn't roll my eyes at.
If you aren't posting pics of your character every time you make a new Glamour Plate, why are you even playing the game?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Vermain posted:

The downside to cross server stuff: it's gonna take me vastly, vastly longer at current queue times to get the Makai mounts. Went from 5~ minutes as a freelancer to 20+ in queue.

But duty finder has been integrated across the whole data center for, like multiple years? Sometime mid-HW IIRC. I don't think 4.57 changed anything whatsoever related to queuing. (For the same reason, swapping to a different server to accept a single player duty in a Raubahn EX situation is not going to change anything - there are separate servers for these and they're allocated across the entire data center.)

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 25, 2019

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jalapeno_dude posted:

But duty finder has been integrated across the whole data center for, like multiple years?

What I mean is: I'm on Gilgamesh, and now Balmung/Mateus have been moved to a different data center, thus reducing the available pool of people queuing for PVP on Aether considerably.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Housing project is going strong! So far we have the backyard looking presentable and I thought the best way to commemorate that is to take pictures. However, I am inept and completely unable to embed everything I want into the post. Therefore, here is an album. I trust you will all click it and look through my hard work.

https://imgur.com/a/b9g0BIf

If you don't, I understand. You're dead to me, but I understand.

Please give me a muscle slider, Yoshida. Look at that weak rear end chest.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

SonicRulez posted:

Housing project is going strong! So far we have the backyard looking presentable and I thought the best way to commemorate that is to take pictures. However, I am inept and completely unable to embed everything I want into the post. Therefore, here is an album. I trust you will all click it and look through my hard work.

https://imgur.com/a/b9g0BIf

If you don't, I understand. You're dead to me, but I understand.

Please give me a muscle slider, Yoshida. Look at that weak rear end chest.

I love the look of everything in that backyard! Well done! And I am with you on the muscle slider - although I thought there was already an option for that via Fantasia? I specifically remember being able to change my Elezen's muscles during my last Fantasia change.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In the year since I last played, I haven't seen a single piece of glamour gear I want other than the FFT gear from Orbonne.

Disappointed.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Are goons staying on Excalibur?

What are everyone's thoughts on this server guide? https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/bg78ct/a_comprehensive_server_guide/

I'm on Goblin currently. Can I move to ANY NA datacenter/server? Or just the ones on Crystal with me?

Goblin seems relatively quiet overall but I'm still in ARR. I know I want to raid/do end game stuff eventually. I also like an active server with a healthy pop and good market.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
yeah... we have 3 whole FCs with at least ~100 players online at any given time

just switch to excal, we're fine

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you aren't posting pics of your character every time you make a new Glamour Plate, why are you even playing the game?
Exactly. To whit, the first thing I used the world visits for was to make an outfit on my main and send it to my Excal alt (via a go-between goon).

The second thing was to also pass over an entire 15-50 levekit. :v:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yapping Eevee posted:

Exactly. To whit, the first thing I used the world visits for was to make an outfit on my main and send it to my Excal alt (via a go-between goon).

The second thing was to also pass over an entire 15-50 levekit. :v:
What's the vest?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rantmo posted:

loving hell, I'm not sure I've ever encountered a company that makes it so loving hard to give them money as Squeenix. What a dreadful matryoshka of linked accounts and logins and sites that don't talk to each other. I worked it out but it took like 20 minutes to buy the full game license.

yeah squeenix is bad at this kind of thing. Very bad.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Tormented posted:

Is there any sells on Stormblood?

I preordered Shadowbringers but I don't want to be stuck at 50 until 7-4.

Are you NA and non-steam? I might have a stormblood key you can have. I don't have PM's though

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just wish Datacenters weren't a thing so I could play with my friends. :(

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the vest?
That's the Boulevardier's Ruffled Shirt, one of the many items I wish wasn't gender-locked.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yapping Eevee posted:

That's the Boulevardier's Ruffled Shirt, one of the many items I wish wasn't gender-locked.
Gender-locking is real bad and I find it hard to believe there is any sort of coding reason for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

FFXIV Instagram posted the bard AF4 concept art. I'm a big fan.