Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Imagine being so wound up by idiots having fun riffing on a popular tv show that you have to loudly declare how much you love the show and everyone who is teasing sucks.

Hell Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Man I just watched a recent Arya recap and realized how much Lord of Light poo poo was in her story line directly.

gently caress it, I liked how spooked and hosed every thing felt though. Honestly that first 45 minutes was loving brutal.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Lyanna should've popped out of her grave and gone, "Blehh! Where's me nephew Jon?"

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Methanar posted:

huge missed opportunity

I was legit hoping for naked Jon Snow running around after blue dragon flame burned his pantaloons off.

Also GRRM confirmed the White Walkers are an allegory for climate change. So I figured that means dragonglass is solar panels and only by everyone putting aside their differences and making/using them together can we end the threat. Too bad the whole analogy falls apart with how laughably easy NK was to deal with.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

One girl can kill climate change using a special weapon made by a dude she hosed earlier.

Guess we'll be alright then.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Goons Are Great posted:

One girl can kill climate change using a special weapon made by a dude she hosed earlier.

didn't she break her custom made spear after soloing 50 white walkers and then end up using littlefingers? dagger that the assassin tried to kill bran with?

the arya pandering is so bad, i'll stop talking about how bad the night king was since we all agree on it but she also killed like the most of them out of anybody including kings and people made of dragon fire blood

pretty sure she killed a bunch while sliding down a roof or something too so there's your legolas shield archer moment

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

:rip: Lightbringer/Azor Ahai/dozen other prophecies. What a wet fart those turned out to be.

Only thing left to look forward is Dany turning villanous and becomes the final big bad but fat chance that happening with her show character and these writers.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
sandor clegane: insanely strong and tough man who 1v7s actual human soldiers, but has his worst PTSD breakdown yet even in scenes where he can't see any fire other than his friend berrics sword that he's used to and even cut in half in combat once

if only the guy was like 100 pound teen girl he could have had 100 frags instead of 9

also he was fine while having a religious vision about the wall and is essentially an honorary brother, but loses all faith in life after seeing another couple of lord of light miracles work before his eyes

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

extra stout posted:

didn't she break her custom made spear after soloing 50 white walkers and then end up using littlefingers? dagger that the assassin tried to kill bran with?

the arya pandering is so bad, i'll stop talking about how bad the night king was since we all agree on it but she also killed like the most of them out of anybody including kings and people made of dragon fire blood

pretty sure she killed a bunch while sliding down a roof or something too so there's your legolas shield archer moment

Yeah she did, but the allegory of us making a weapon/finding a technology to fight climate change seemed better than finding sense in the dagger. Not that it really matters, as I honestly believe GRRM decided about the walkers being climate change later on and it wasn't intended in the first few books.

Or he just went with the media hype, I dunno.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Goons Are Great posted:

Gendry stabbed his throbbing blade into the heart of his lover to bring out Lightbringer which defeated the darkness. He's Azor Ahai reborn.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
His strategy? Wack!
His tactics? Wack!
The way he puts his best infantry outside fortifications? Wack!

Me? I'm tight as gently caress!

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Should have had a half-hour dragon fight between the Night King and Jon and Danny, that ends with Danny and her dragon killing the Night King's dragon very high in the sky, like 20,000 feet, which causes the Night King to fall from the dragon. Jon, with sword in hand and pointing forward, then dives after the Night King, while putting his body in a head first dive position which makes him fall faster than the Night King because he has less wind resistance, and then lets Jon catch up to the night king just in time to stab the Night King through the heart just as the Night King hits the ground and then impales Jon through he own chest almost at exactly the same time, killing them both. (Although of course the fall would also kill Jon.)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

halokiller posted:

:rip: Lightbringer/Azor Ahai/dozen other prophecies. What a wet fart those turned out to be.

Only thing left to look forward is Dany turning villanous and becomes the final big bad but fat chance that happening with her show character and these writers.

Just like real religion, the prophecy of your savior coming true don't change anything got everyone else.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

that actually owned, effortless dothraki-chumping aside. Sound design and music were amazing.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

The Dennis System posted:

Should have had a half-hour dragon fight between the Night King and Jon and Danny, that ends with Danny and her dragon killing the Night King's dragon very high in the sky, like 20,000 feet, which causes the Night King to fall from the dragon. Jon, with sword in hand and pointing forward, then dives after the Night King, while putting his body in a head first dive position which makes him fall faster than the Night King because he has less wind resistance, and then lets Jon catch up to the night king just in time to stab the Night King through the heart just as the Night King hits the ground and then impales Jon through he own chest almost at exactly the same time, killing them both. (Although of course the fall would also kill Jon.)

lmao I'd loving love this

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Pretty good production values for a television show

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Ok I haven't been able to stop thinking about this and I think I figured our how to actually make the ending good:

Beric dies, Melisandre rezzes him

Arya fucks off

Melisandre spots Jon trying to get past the dragon, realizes what he's doing

Hound and Beric jump down to help him

Hound jumps on it's back and starts axeing it (overcame fear of fire helping Arya)

Beric tries to shield Jon but it's no use, they both get blasted into the wall behind them

Beric is incinerated, Jon's clothes/effects as well (including Longclaw), he is dazed

Dragon goes in for the kill

John reaches for Longclaw but burns his hand on valyrian steel slag, desperately reaches for another sword, grabs a sword that isn't melted but is just glowing bc it's super hot, odd

Beric did have a purpose, he was the unknowing steward of loving Lightbringer

Dragon goes in to bite Jon, gets slashed, gets SUPER PISSED

Melisandre says something about light AND heat, takes off her amulet

Dragon goes in to annihilate Jon

Lich Mel FIREBALLS the dragon, they battle, it's awesome

Dragon eats Mel

Jon jumps up on the back of it's head and stabs it w Lightbringer

Dragon dies, big explosion knocks everyone over, cut to other characters using the distraction to escape

Night King orders White Walker auxilaries to check it out

Jon and Sandor engage auxillary white walkers, others arrive to help (Tormund, Grey Wor, Sam/Tyrion?, Sansa????(she has a knife after all))

Jon breaks off to Godswood

Night King is about to end Bran when Jon shows up, they fight (Jon getting another chance to save one of his brothers)

Night King gets the better of Jon, he falls.over again

Arya arrives, stabs the Night King the exact same way, he begins slowly disentigrating (he's the loving Night King), "Valar Morgulis"

Only line spoken by Night King: "Valar doheris" as he pulls out his sword while holding her aloft

Jon cuts his head off from behind

Hell yeah I'm not the only one writing fan fiction now, keep it coming

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It kind of seems like this show is a piece of trash.

And there's 3 episodes left?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Methanar posted:

I thought the episode was good. I went in wanting it to be good so I'm appreciating it. There should have been a few differences though:

Sam should have died, they faked out on him not dying way too many times. Just end him laying in a pile. Unceremoniously killed in the mosh
Beric should have died off camera after his scene in the hallway. Have the hound make some remark about him being a dumb bastard but in a brotherly way
Tyrion should have opted to commit suicide in the crypt when sansa pulled the dagger. Off camera. Would have opened up a moment of weakness for dany in the next ep when both jorah and tyrion are gone. I guess it would give varys a purpose again.
The 2nd dragon should have died.
Greyworm should have died. Have a moment of mourning with his girlfriend next episode. Signalling both of Dany's armies were lost. Plus the dragon. Plus her two advisors.
Bran needed to do something more. I don't know what exactly, but he needed to make one useful contribution. Even if it was just providing some kind of information on the battle that only he could know.
Jaime can't die, but brienne should have been finished off in the mosh. Just have her be completely overwhelmed in the courtyard when the flood happens. Nothing too ceremonious. She had her moment. Maybe have wildling man have an emotional breakdown in the next episode to show a new side of him and provide a heartfelt personal sense of loss to the otherwise overwhelming slaughter.
Jorah needed to die faster. They had too many scenes of him and Dany 2v30ing. Just one scene of that and then a short one at the moment of despair at the end have Jorah die less ceremoniously.

Gendry should've been toast too
Bran and the NK both should've died together
Maybe also Davos dying defending the kids in the crypt

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Gendry should've been toast too
Bran and the NK both should've died together
Maybe also Davos dying defending the kids in the crypt

So he'd essentially be Judd Hirsch in the Independence Day sequel? Most likely Davos also bought a boat at one point.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its really good that we lost theon and that useless gently caress of a no character grey no dick worm still exists

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Books: When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt. He is the Prince who Was Promised, wielder of Lightbringer, the Hero of Daw....."

SHOW: ~~IMMA COME AT YOU LIKE A SPIDER MONKEY!~~ REEEEHOOOOOOOOWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
**HEAVY METAL PLAYING**
:torgue:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/a4ea1k/spoilers_i_know/

Turns out this guy had the right spoilers the whole time so he knows what's up

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

halokiller posted:

Gendry stabbed his throbbing blade into the heart of his lover to bring out Lightbringer which defeated the darkness. He's Azor Ahai reborn.

this is a bit much because they've wasted gendry but i like it, another entry for worst aspect of this episode is that if they made gendry a hero, battling it out even if not killing the night king it would prepare the broad audience to remember he's the loving kings son and a solid contender for the throne if they go old GoT mode and kill off all the obvious choices

by failing to show gendry do almost anything, it feels set in stone that like most characters he now exists only to fight a bit, maybe die, maybe bang arya again

i'm only watching at this point for cleganebowl, danny hopefully being hated and owned soon and maybe tyrion redeems himself and crawls back out of boring world

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Randarkman posted:

It kind of seems like this show is a piece of trash.

And there's 3 episodes left?

Ep4: everyone being sad and talking, then they set off south with their army(most of who respawned in between episodes)
Ep5: big battle against some mercenaries who were introduced two episodes ago and Urine's teleporting fleet
Ep6: Cersei and Zombie Greg are defeated in their last stand at King's Landing, everyone stands around making "remember when" references for half an hour, John tells Danny she can have the iron throne in exchange for an independent north

Cue everyone talking about how epic and deep the show was for the next 100 years.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

bloom posted:

Ep4: everyone being sad and talking, then they set off south with their army(most of who respawned in between episodes)
Ep5: big battle against some mercenaries who were introduced two episodes ago and Urine's teleporting fleet
Ep6: Cersei and Zombie Greg are defeated in their last stand at King's Landing, everyone stands around making "remember when" references for half an hour, John tells Danny she can have the iron throne in exchange for an independent north

Cue everyone talking about how epic and deep the show was for the next 100 years.

Or the spell is lifted and everyone realizes it was actually all garbage in the service of garbage (well, the first couple of seasons, I think until season 3, were pretty decent) like with Lost.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lost was good, unlike this show

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

When HBO tried to make a new LOST but with robots, it crashed and burned within two seasons.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

halokiller posted:

When HBO tried to make a new LOST but with robots, it crashed and burned within two seasons.

Therewasonlyoneseasonwhatareyoutalkingabout :colbert:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's been long enough. They should remake Lost. I want to wonder what's in the hole for two years again.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Sansa: *Glances at food consumption data*

Sansa: *Glances at Winterfell Defense Strategy*

Sansa: "I think the Dothraki and their horses should charge the zombie horde straight off."

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Sansa: *Glances at Winterfell Defense Strategy*

Sansa: "I think the Dothraki and their horses should charge the zombie horde straight off."

Lol now the suicide charge makes sense

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw1eTpvFjmU/?igshid=1gfkisv12jw70

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug
When you think about it, what Arya did was the starting of World War 1 but reverse :thunk:

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I can't read 1000+ loving new posts. So I will just say this: overall I don't have problem of the outcome and direction of this episode, but IMO Bran and/or Arya should die with the NK. The NK is a fantasy character. At this point both Arya and Bran are high fantasy characters. They should go away with the ice zombies. They are not needed anymore. That's why Mel dust herself because her mission is completed.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

i hate it

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

Lost was bad, just like this show

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/a4ea1k/spoilers_i_know/em1rby4/

I am choosing to believe these spoilers are real because they probably are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
People are syked because their favorite anime character killed the NK, but it doesn't make any thematic sense. Arya doesn't give a gently caress about the white walkers, she barely found out about that poo poo like 2 episodes ago. It makes more sense for literally anyone else to kill him.

Sansa should have been the one to sacrifice herself to kill him, that would have been a really good moment for her. A D level player like Dolorius Ed could have done the deed and it would have made more sense.