Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Captain Lavender posted:

Naw, most of them died on the way to Qarth. She went back later and started a big yurt fire, and get a bunch of new ones.

Still, those weren't all the dothraki? And following her is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

tpink posted:

One more because I hate myself.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/04/game-thrones-season-8-episode-3-the-long-night-review/588247

Who is paying these people for their terrible opinions?

edit to add more suck:

lmao

Who writes this poo poo

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wm3fY5pCY

Ah its so dumb, they missed the entire point of the whole story just so they could do the Arya thing. Most of the people in that video look like they're an insufferable prick.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Jon Snow has been setup as the savior against the White Walkers for the past 8 years and then has literally zero significance in the final battle. He's spent the whole series training and fighting as a leader and warrior against the dead. He even faced death and came out the victor. What was the whole point of his death and resurrection then? He did nothing in the battle at all! The end result would have been identical if he wasn't there. Why did Melisandre bring him back to life? If you accept the Lord of Light as "real" in Westeros, for what reason did he grant her the power to bring Jon back? He did even less than The Hound or Beric to save Arya, the hilariously silly chosen one. I just feel like the show runners have a hard-on for SHOCKING TWISTS, so they had Arya kill the Night King... but there's such thing as plot arcs and satisfying resolutions of several years of build-up. A twist is pointless if it's just to show a fan favorite character is suddenly the ultimate badass. Besides, no one knows as much about the Night King and the WW as Jon and Sam, so why were they so worthless here????

I remember the first 4 seasons of the show when there was actual consistency to the setting, character motivations, and plotting most of the time. That's so far gone now and it's pretty sad.

Its going to be funny when it turn out Jon is immune to fire because he's a Targ and he was dodging all that dragon fire for no reason

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
what the gently caress is a targ ?

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Delthalaz posted:

A miserable little pile of secrets

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Delthalaz posted:

Very carefully.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Delthalaz posted:

not much what's up with you

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

targma balls

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Delthalaz posted:

Sorry, I meant tarp

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
works at target in his down time

Woden
May 6, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Jon Snow has been setup as the savior against the White Walkers for the past 8 years and then has literally zero significance in the final battle. He's spent the whole series training and fighting as a leader and warrior against the dead. He even faced death and came out the victor. What was the whole point of his death and resurrection then? He did nothing in the battle at all! The end result would have been identical if he wasn't there. Why did Melisandre bring him back to life? If you accept the Lord of Light as "real" in Westeros, for what reason did he grant her the power to bring Jon back? He did even less than The Hound or Beric to save Arya, the hilariously silly chosen one. I just feel like the show runners have a hard-on for SHOCKING TWISTS, so they had Arya kill the Night King... but there's such thing as plot arcs and satisfying resolutions of several years of build-up. A twist is pointless if it's just to show a fan favorite character is suddenly the ultimate badass. Besides, no one knows as much about the Night King and the WW as Jon and Sam, so why were they so worthless here????

I remember the first 4 seasons of the show when there was actual consistency to the setting, character motivations, and plotting most of the time. That's so far gone now and it's pretty sad.

He united everyone so that there was a big enough army to stand against the NK, he spent pretty much all his time after dying getting everyone on board with fighting the NK. I think he was the one that figured out killing he NK would wipe the army too, and it was his plan to go for that that got them the win.

He also got clowned by the NK in a previous season so we already knew his sword skills weren't good enough to take him.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Delthalaz posted:

Differently abled.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lock her up!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Steve, the “Strategist”, 4000 years ago: say guys can we shoot him with an arrow? Maybe a few different arrows? With Valyrian whatsitcalled arrowheads?

everyone else: sjut the gently caress up steve!!!!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Lock her up!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
4000 years ago: we're going to build a wall, and the white walkers are going to pay for it!

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
all those episodes with the dothraki, then losing the dothraki, only to be kidnapped again by the dothraki. then all those episodes in captivity, and then the big set piece with the fire. all that for a moderately cool "flames slowly dying out" effect

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wait. Jon just sent his priceless dire wolf along to die with the dothraki for no reason?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Randarkman posted:

Wait. Jon just sent his priceless dire wolf along to die with the dothraki for no reason?

he chased after them like a dog chasing a car. tragic really.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Shoutout to the thousands of Dothraki who did what no Dothraki has ever done and crossed the great poison water to get ruthlessly owned in 20 seconds.

The world is better off without them. Khallisi tries to think of them as some noble savages bullshit, but they are just a bunch of criminals who seem to have nothing going for them beyond rape/murder/steal/enslave. I don't think we see the men do any work besides fighting, when they aren't fighting they just sit around belittling women.

What even happened to the Dothraki women and children? Did thousands of men literally ride off with some blond lady and leave their families to fend for themselves?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Look Dany is going to burn Jon Snow for treason but he lives because Targ and she loses her followers to him and he kills her. GoT beeyotch.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

tangy yet delightful posted:

Look Dany is going to burn Jon Snow for treason but he lives because Targ and she loses her followers to him and he kills her. GoT beeyotch.

Only reason I can think of for them not demonstrating this during the dragon fight

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

So is Arya "the prince who was promised" now?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Bran and Jon are responsible for the fact that the undead army was able to get past the Wall. I don't know if the show mentions it, it kind of hints at it, but the wall has magic spells that prevent the Walkers and their zombies from getting over, under, or through it. Kind of like the spell protecting the wizard's cave. But Bran hosed this up.

Bran's gently caress up #1: He uses his remote viewing magic to confront the Night King because he thinks NK can't see him (wrong). The NK grabs his arm and marks him. Basically making a magic tether between himself and Bran, which is how he gets into the cave.

Bran's gently caress up #2: He flees south of the wall. This ruins the spells protecting the wall. He's pulling the NK along with him. Would have been better if Bran had just died in the cave instead.

So now the wall can be breached by the Walkers and their zombies. This would still take a while though and the wall is still a formidable structure if properly garrisoned. So Jon helpfully provides the Night King with a loving dragon to make the process quicker.

lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

There's been a ton of build up around ice vs. fire and the long night and every crumb trail has been cryptic and shrouded in mystery as if there's some deeper underlying layer to all of this. And Arya's dagger was just confirmation that nah, you just gotta be sneaky and stab him like we knew the whole time. Maybe the other episodes will give more answers but for now it feels hollow.

The entire story has always been about the Night King, the great enemy to the north, the true war. The fact that they killed him in episode 3 and made Cersei loving Lannister of all people the "Big Bad" is loving terrible.

8 Years of loving build up for this.

Nah, the NK was never the star of the story. From the first it was always about man's inhumanity to man.

Like the Night's Watch are frantically sending ravengrams to everyone to tell them ice zombies are back, and people are all "lol, those guys are such drama queens" and then it's back to parties and plots. The dead are only ever a threat because the living are assholes.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nah, the NK was never the star of the story. From the first it was always about man's inhumanity to man.

Like the Night's Watch are frantically sending ravengrams to everyone to tell them ice zombies are back, and people are all "lol, those guys are such drama queens" and then it's back to parties and plots. The dead are only ever a threat because the living are assholes.

turns out they're never actually a threat because you can just poke the lead zombie once and they all explode

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Bran and Jon are responsible for the fact that the undead army was able to get past the Wall. I don't know if the show mentions it, it kind of hints at it, but the wall has magic spells that prevent the Walkers and their zombies from getting over, under, or through it. Kind of like the spell protecting the wizard's cave. But Bran hosed this up.

Bran's gently caress up #1: He uses his remote viewing magic to confront the Night King because he thinks NK can't see him (wrong). The NK grabs his arm and marks him. Basically making a magic tether between himself and Bran, which is how he gets into the cave.

Bran's gently caress up #2: He flees south of the wall. This ruins the spells protecting the wall. He's pulling the NK along with him. Would have been better if Bran had just died in the cave instead.

So now the wall can be breached by the Walkers and their zombies. This would still take a while though and the wall is still a formidable structure if properly garrisoned. So Jon helpfully provides the Night King with a loving dragon to make the process quicker.

lol

Bran should have gotten himself smuggled into King's Landing. Let Cerci deal with the Night King. She'd probably marry him.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

in the Game of Thrones, only one man can be the Thimble

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Bran the Builder, the Grover of Westeros

Everything he built is now fallen over in a heap of insulated stairs and ice

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Randarkman posted:

Also seems to me like the night king was really stupid. If he had decided not to do stuff on the frontlines defeat would have been almost literally impossible and his forces would have taken effectively zero casualties as they show that he can just raise everyone again if he wants to.

I guess killing Bran might have been important for some reason, but gently caress, one of his Walker friends could have done that, the zombies could have done that.

We will never find out why the nk gave a poo poo about bran at all

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

big nipples big life posted:

So if Mel knew Arya was the chosen one all this time wtf did she still need Gendry's blood for? why did she stick around with stannis (not the mannis)? why did she have him burn his daughter?

This episode was stupid.

Her visions were bad. She could tell that like a dozen guys were important and potentially the chosen one but not exactly how.

Fire god is a dick who gives out stupid visions. Would have been real helpful if he'd ever mentioned just once "don't burn little girls alive". That could have saved a lot of trouble.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Phi230 posted:

We will never find out why the nk gave a poo poo about bran at all

NK carried a printer over to Brans house once

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I hope beric just shows up in the next episode with a throwaway line about the redy lady bringing him back before she got dead

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Did gary live?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
NK was Bran the entire time

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Woden posted:

He also got clowned by the NK in a previous season so we already knew his sword skills weren't good enough to take him.

How is it more believable that Arya ninja jumps to the Godswood and stabs the NK on her own than Brienne, Jaime, Jon, Gendry, Arya, etc engages all of the WWs in a battle to the death together? So much less moronic than the bullshit nonsense we got.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 30, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Clawtopsy posted:

4000 years ago: we're going to build a wall, and the white walkers are going to pay for it!

like theyd build a wall to keep white people out

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The wall is good strong and tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
that other no name assasin girl was pretty agile, maybe they put something in the water