Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for tipping $20 on a $600 1.5 oz pour of bourbon?
As a cheapskate, I'm... conflicted on this. While this case is certainly gauche, I'm fine with a small tip on a literal shot pouring. As far as tipping goes, I give less if they literally open a beer for me vs make me a cocktail. Although this guy... you're blowing money on a single shot you can probably afford to tip bigger / proportionally.
e: new page
My [38F] son [7M] has various food allergies and his friends mom [40sF] doesn't take them seriously.

quote:

My son Simon has a lot of food allergies that we discovered when he was very young. The main ones are gluten, eggs, cocoa or chocolate, citrus fruits, and shellfish. None of the allergies are deadly, but eating these foods makes him very sick. For example, gluten makes him dizzy, he vomits, and he gets headaches, and touching an orange with his bare hands makes his skin itch and swell. Despite these allergies, my son is very friendly, outgoing, and happy, and he is not a picky eater, he will eat pretty much anything he isn't allergic to.

I know not everybody is used to dealing with these types of allergies, so I try to be very accommodating. I pack his school lunches and send a box of gluten free brownies to the school every month or so in case a kid has a birthday and brings in a treat my son can't eat. I usually ask his friends' parents if they can sleep over at our house so they don't have to deal with his allergies, but if he does stay over another house I pack him his own food and give the parents a list of things he can't have. I offer to give the parents of his friends bunches of bananas and bags of cut carrots for when he comes over, but most of them say it is no problem and they just keep a few in the house in case he comes over. My son is very good at spotting whole foods he can and can't eat (like he knows he can have blueberries, but he can't eat lemonaid), but I still like to give a list in case the family bakes or cooks something with one of his off limits foods in it. Every family so far has been really kind and accommodating.

My son makes new friends all the time and he recently became friends with a new boy at his school. They have become very close very quickly. They wanted to have a sleep over a few weeks ago and I contacted the other mother and asked if Simon and his friend could stay at our house. I explained that it makes things easier because of the food allergies. The other mother said she would not be okay with that because there is no man in my house (I'm divorced) and she wants her son safe. I live in a very safe gated community, but I know some people are very protective of their kids. So I sent Simon over with a safe cookie for a snack and some cereal and almond milk for the morning. The next morning, the mother dropped them off and told me that she was unhappy about Simon eating his own food. She said she thought he should bring enough for everyone. I told her out right that most kids who are used to eating regular cookies don't like gluten free cookies because they taste different, and they're also very expensive so I couldn't buy a whole box every weekend. But I said okay.

The next weekend, Simon stayed over there again with a few other boys for a little Fourth of July party. I sent a whole box of cookies, more cereal with almond milk, and a big bag of safe oatmeal with instructions. The oatmeal is just certified gluten free oats with some brown sugar and nutritional powder, and you add the almond milk and stir slowly for maybe 5 minutes until it gets soft. I figured this way the mom could make them the same oatmeal if she wanted to be fair or she could use the cereal if she didn't want to cook. I picked Simon up the next day and he looked kind of sad. The mother kind of snidely told me she didn't appreciate having to cook for my son, I asked her what she meant, she talked about the oatmeal. Then her son came up and told me that he didn't like the cookies much, but he really loved the oatmeal, and he said thank you. (I don't know where this good is learning his good manners because it isn't his mother.)

In the car, Simon told me he was sad because the night before, the other mother had taken all of the boys on a surprise trip to McDonalds. He politely asked if he could stop at my house to get a sandwich that was safe for him to eat because we only live five minutes away. I guess his friend's mom snapped at him and said he needed to "man up" and find something on the menu he could eat. Simon was so embarassed that he sat there and ate nothing while his friends ate burgers and fries. I am not okay with shaming my son or with language like "man up," so I called the other mother and asked her about the situation. She basically told me that she thought I was making up Simon's allergies to make him seem "special," and anyway, "It's not like he'll die from them." I was kind of shocked, so I said that I think Simon needs to stay home this weekend. Now I'm not sure what to do.

As a background note, my husband and I divorced on good terms a few years back because we realized we wanted different things from life. My husband remarried and moved to a big city on the other side of the United States that is very diverse and has lots of restaurants and stores that cater to all kinds of people. My son visits his dad in the summer and never has a problem getting food there, also, he mostly plays with his stepsister when he's there, so he doesn't worry about going to other people's houses.

How do I stand my ground with this mother without pushing too far? Am I expecting too much? Can my son still be friends with this boy?

tl;dr: My son Simon has a lot of food allergies. I normally send him to sleepovers and school with safe food but his new friend's mother doesn't seem to think that's enough and is making it difficult for him when he stays over. How do I make sure Simon can have his new friend and be safe?

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
there’s no such thing as a shot worth $600, there’s not. you’re not supposed to be buying that whiskey unless 600 is the equivalent of 20 bucks for you lmao. the faux nouveau riche are hilarious

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

ad090 posted:

TIFU by reporting a pervert to the School my sons go to.

lol amazing

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ad090 posted:

TIFU by reporting a pervert to the School my sons go to.

:discourse:

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Me [white person] with my immigrant/foreign/non-English speaking acquaintances: how to deal with racial slurs? - mostly ni**a

quote:

So... I used to live abroad and still deal a lot with immigrants/visitors from that area (specifically Chile for people I actually know, but due to where I live and the friends I have, I come across a lot of new immigrants and tourists from Latin America in general). When in Chile, I'd usually take a bit of time to say something like "Please don't use that word, it's just really not appropriate and pretty disrespectful" but generally never made a big deal out of it because 1) it made me nervous enough to say that tidbit and 2) to be honest, the likelihood of them actually ever communicating with someone black from the US was pretty slim because they don't even speak English and in my 7 years in Chile, I never even met a black person from the US.

But... now it's coming up more frequently as these people are kind of trying to show that they "understand" American vocabulary... 95% of the time I really think there's no ill-intent behind it and it's just ignorance (they seem to think it's the same as saying gangsta'), but I feel like I have to go a little bit more in depth with my explanation now that they actually might come in contact with black people who will take it in a negative way.

Honestly, I'm not looking to give them a history lesson of the oppression of black people in the US, but on the other hand, I feel like my previous go-to snippit really isn't enough to make sure that they stop using inappropriate language (whereas the previous snippit might just been enough to make sure that they don't talk like that around me... don't know if it made any long-lasting affect.) Or am I overstepping? (I don't want them to offend anyone, but I also don't want them to get in trouble for running their mouth)

Calling everyone from East Asia "Chinese" and pulling back their eyes to signal someone is Asian is also fairly common (and that one I've actually snapped at people on, because that was not coming from a place of ignorance, that was generally hateful/purposefully direspectful). It's also common to call black people monkeys/apes, but luckily I haven't personally come across people that do that in real life (at least around me/on facebook).

I don't really have any non-immigrant Hispanic or black friends since I just moved (back) to the US and grew up in a very white-washed midwest town, so I'm resorting to Reddit. Hopefully I can get some helpful answers here.

tl;dr: Immigrants/tourists I know use racial slurs (most common being ni**a, no hard r) because they don't understand the context behind them. How do I respond?

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
She told me that I am an excuse of a Man

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
he kept insisting "the Iranian Yogurt is not the issue here"

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

nankeen posted:

he kept insisting "the Iranian Yogurt is not the issue here"

Moreover why the gently caress isnt this the thread title yet?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My [F 38] daughter [F 17] is a lesbian. Another parent reached out to "help."

quote:

Last year, my daughter Lucy came home and told me that she was dating another girl. This is not a big deal to me- I've offered my support and our relationship is completely solid. Her girlfriend is awesome. She goes to a school in a pretty conservative area, though, so she's been pretty selective about telling everyone.

I was at one of her field hockey games when another mother approached me. After making small talk, she says that she heard that Lucy was involved with another girl on the team. She said it in that way that middle-aged women say things that are scandalous. Sensing judgment, I tried to sound extra indifferent and said yeah, she's a great girl. She changed the subject again and that was it. But tonight, I got this email:

Hi UmNoImGood,

This is Carol from earlier today. I know we're not all that close, but I wanted to continue our talk from earlier. The reason I brought up Lucy's relationship is because I also have a child that was in a gay relationship. Our son brought home a boy last year and I know exactly how hard that can be on a family. We sat up for hours thinking about what we did wrong and how we needed to address it. I know you're probably very worried about her future and what everyone will think, and I just wanted to extend some comfort. Our boy grew out of it just fine and now he's back to dating women. As a member of the church, I also wanted to suggest she talks to [a guy from a local church] because he's been so helpful in getting our family through this. It's put a huge strain on my son's relationship with his father and I just wanted to let you know I'm here for you if you need someone who understands. This doesn't have to be an obstacle to loving your daughter.

With Love,

Carol

I recognize that she's trying to be friendly but I'm kind of offended that she thought I'd need help to keep loving my daughter. I also want to keep things friendly because I see her often at games and stuff. As a single mom, I don't have many people to ask for advice.

TLDR: Another parent unnecessarily consoles me for my daughter's lesbian relationship. How do I answer this? Do I talk about this with Lucy?

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
become a throuple

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Take your daughter and her cool girlfriend and go egg that bitch Carol's house

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

"We traumatized our son out of expressing his sexual preference! It really damaged our relationship. Do you want to know how to do the same?"

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Turtlicious posted:

Who knew this one story would be so contentious. Lmao at everyone siding with the abusive girlfriend.

Fun too, because the story was posted one or two months ago here and nobody seems to realize.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Twelve Batmans posted:

All of the context, Anne. So not only how she acted before, but after as well. Also, please stop ignoring how the "party" was very suspiciously whittled down to her, the perv-boss, and his other side-piece. Please stop ignoring the "readjustment" the boss made about changing restaurants when the BF had her test him. I really don't think your situation compares. If you need a list of everything she did wrong then read the rest of the thread. It's been laid out countless times.

You know I'm not really interested in getting back into this clusterfuck but you're kinda a condescending dick

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Power Khan posted:

Fun too, because the story was posted one or two months ago here and nobody seems to realize.

It's not the story, it's whether the takes are hot enough to get people riled up.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Iron Rose posted:

You know I'm not really interested in getting back into this clusterfuck but you're kinda a condescending dick

judgment: ESH

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Power Khan posted:

Timing is everything.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

CheesyDog posted:

what kind of nerd fuckin band has a goddamn intimate brunch

I’m like ten pages behind at this point but honestly I thought this was a certain very famous non-nerd metal band until the brunch part. I’ve toured with a bunch and a weird/lame GF being banned from backstage isn’t uncommon... (also, I’m a woman, a strident feminst, etc.)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Was it rude for me [24f] to not invite my coworker (superior) [30sf] into my apartment?

I guess it doesn't really matter because it's pretty minor/already happened, but I'd like some perspective.

I went home sick from work on Monday and figured out I have walking pneumonia. Not a huge deal. I stayed home the rest of the day Monday and yesterday. I had an assignment due yesterday for my coworker, who is my superior, that I'd been working on for a few weeks. I'm close to being done, but not quite finished. I emailed her asking if I could have a couple extra days because I was sick, and she said no problem.

She also said she had to go out of town unexpectedly and asked if I would like some of her groceries that she wouldn't be eating since I was sick. I said that would be great. So she came by yesterday afternoon to drop them off. Also we happen to be neighbors, so she just walked over. She'd never been over before. I live on the second floor and you have to go up a flight of stairs to get to my apartment. I met her at the doorway, and we chatted for a minute, but I didn't invite her up to my actual apartment. Afterwards, I felt like maybe that was rude. But I'm also sick. I could have offered her a tea or something.

As an aside, I know that I'm probably way overthinking this. Thanks for your responses!

TL;DR: my superior at work came by my apartment to drop off food to be nice and I didn't invite her inside

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

A licensed landscaper and arborist, that I did not hire, came into my front yard and took it upon himself to cut majority of the lower limbs off of my 15 year old Silver Dollar Eucalyptus Tree. Is this destruction to property? Is this trespassing? I'm in Louisiana.

When I came home from picking my kids up from school yesterday, my 7 year old daughter (If that gives any clue to how drastically he changed it) asked me "where all the branches on our tree went?". When I looked at what once was a beautiful, full, weepy eucalyptus tree, there stood a wimpy, frail and freshly butchered tree. I was in disbelief. I work from home, so earlier that morning I heard my neighbors landscaper cutting their grass. He has been cutting their grass as long as I have rented the house which is going on 5 years now. I immediately thought of him, so I walked next door to the elderly couples house and asked if they thought their yard guy would take it upon himself to groom my tree. They both said no way, but they had cameras and would certainly look into it. Yesterday evening my neighbor came over to tell me it was her landscaper. The cameras didn't catch it, but she asked him, and he said he did it "because the branches were hitting him in the face when he passed by on the mower" and "he did us a favor". I was floored. She apologized and said she couldn't believe he took as much off as he did. The limbs he cut were at the base of the trunk, well into my yard. He cut limbs that have taken years to grow. He cut limbs that were not even pointing in the direction of my neighbors yard. He made 17 cuts that I can count!

My landlord lives in Honduras, so we have very minimal contact. When I signed the lease I took over all yard upkeep. I have maintained all of the trees and flower beds, as well as the yard. I have been the one to groom the trees.

I know this may seem silly to some, but this was a crazy beautiful tree guys. He completely aesthetically changed the look of the tree I have spent the past 5 years grooming. A tree she has spent 15 years caring for. Is there anything I can do?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I've been offered an appealing job in China, however the employer is suggesting I work without the requisite visa.

Having applied for a job in my desired field in China (I am from the UK) and later getting offered the position, I am now at an impasse after receiving a visa invitation from the employer. The problem, as I see it, is that I have been given an invite for a business (M) visa, and not a work (Z) visa. The foreign office (UK government) website clearly states you cannot work in China without a Z visa.

My prospective employer explained that I may not qualify for the Z visa, and as such has proceeded with the M visa invitation. I have been told that essentially I would be payed through work arounds which I'm also told are fairly common in China for foreigners. Teachers were cited as an example. I have no idea if this is the case. Another supplied option would be to work in China at this business, yet be employed by a foreign company. Similarly, I don't know how this would work, or entirely what is being suggested. The employer has openly used the term "grey area" which further heightens my concerns, and said I cannot officially be employed yet has given me a contract. I believe this may also affect my ability to make disputes with the employer, should I ever intend to do so.

The job greatly appeals to me and would be an excellent step in my career that I don't believe is open to me at this stage in my own country. However, I have no intention whatsoever of getting on the wrong side of the Chinese government, or doing anything illegal. Whilst I do plan on continuing discussions on the matter with the employer, from my perspective, sadly, I think I will have to pass up on the opportunity.

I would like to know if what is being suggested is illegal, and whether there are any compromises which remain within the law of China. I'd also appreciate anything else thought to be worth considering.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Smirking_Serpent posted:

A licensed landscaper and arborist, that I did not hire, came into my front yard and took it upon himself to cut majority of the lower limbs off of my 15 year old Silver Dollar Eucalyptus Tree. Is this destruction to property? Is this trespassing? I'm in Louisiana.

When I came home from picking my kids up from school yesterday, my 7 year old daughter (If that gives any clue to how drastically he changed it) asked me "where all the branches on our tree went?". When I looked at what once was a beautiful, full, weepy eucalyptus tree, there stood a wimpy, frail and freshly butchered tree. I was in disbelief. I work from home, so earlier that morning I heard my neighbors landscaper cutting their grass. He has been cutting their grass as long as I have rented the house which is going on 5 years now. I immediately thought of him, so I walked next door to the elderly couples house and asked if they thought their yard guy would take it upon himself to groom my tree. They both said no way, but they had cameras and would certainly look into it. Yesterday evening my neighbor came over to tell me it was her landscaper. The cameras didn't catch it, but she asked him, and he said he did it "because the branches were hitting him in the face when he passed by on the mower" and "he did us a favor". I was floored. She apologized and said she couldn't believe he took as much off as he did. The limbs he cut were at the base of the trunk, well into my yard. He cut limbs that have taken years to grow. He cut limbs that were not even pointing in the direction of my neighbors yard. He made 17 cuts that I can count!

My landlord lives in Honduras, so we have very minimal contact. When I signed the lease I took over all yard upkeep. I have maintained all of the trees and flower beds, as well as the yard. I have been the one to groom the trees.

I know this may seem silly to some, but this was a crazy beautiful tree guys. He completely aesthetically changed the look of the tree I have spent the past 5 years grooming. A tree she has spent 15 years caring for. Is there anything I can do?

awwwww yeeeaaahhhhh

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've been offered an appealing job in China, however the employer is suggesting I work without the requisite visa.

You’re going to show up and they’re going to withhold part of your pay and change the job conditions whenever they want because lol what are you going to do, complain?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

gently caress off, Tree Law. You never finish satisfyingly.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

A licensed landscaper and arborist, that I did not hire, came into my front yard and took it upon himself to cut majority of the lower limbs off of my 15 year old Silver Dollar Eucalyptus Tree.

call a lawyer and make some popcorn

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Nah, the tree belongs to his landlord, who probably doesn't give a poo poo.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Resting Lich Face posted:

Moreover why the gently caress isnt this the thread title yet?

loving seriously

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Midnight Voyager posted:

"We traumatized our son out of expressing his sexual preference! It really damaged our relationship. Do you want to know how to do the same?"

"It's put a huge strain on my son's relationship with his father" is just another way of saying, "His father beat him back into the closet."

Feel so sorry for that boy, but you do what you gotta do to survive then get out if you can.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I haven't been able to get my boyfriend off yet...

quote:

So I've been seeing this guy for 3 months now. He's 20 and I'm 22. Only till recently did we make it official and only till a few weeks ago was when we first had sex.

So the first time we ever tried to have sex, he had whiskey dick and he couldn't get it up. Fine. Fair enough. Then later when I tried to have sex with him again (While being sober) it wouldn't get hard and he said it's because he's pretty nervous because he hasn't had sex in a while and he's still embarrassed from the first time. Urgh, okay fine. Fair enough again. So finally, he got hard enough to have sex with, I rode him for about 30 minutes and nothing. I asked him what was wrong and he basically just told me it's hard for him to get off with condoms and that I should go on birth control. I told him that even if I get on birth control I'll still want to use condoms for a while and he'll have to get over it. He agreed and said not to worry. Second time we had sex, again, I rode him for a while and NOTHING! I started getting frustrated, he again explained the condom issue and I'm like "yes yes but man, I've never not been able to get a guy off", I could tell he felt really embarrassed but reassured me that he's really liking the sex. I asked him if he was gay and he was offended that I even thought that so no I know he's not gay.

So last weekend, we were at a party and I told myself that I was just going to suck his dick so hard until he couldn't take it anymore and just exploded everywhere (I was on my period, hence the blowjob) and I've never given him a blowjob because I tried to once and he stopped me and said the first time he wants to get off with me is when he's having sex with me. but I couldn't take it anymore and tried blowing him in the bathroom at the party... I'm there sucking him off for about 15 minutes and I could feel him getting limp inside my mouth. Thats when I lost it. I got up and yelled "What the gently caress is the matter!? Is there something wrong with me that you can't cum??" and hes like "no no absolutely not!! I don't know! I'm just ner--" and I'm like "yea yea you're just nervous but what the gently caress! It's been almost 3 months and you haven't got off once with me." That's when he told me that he lied to me at the start and told me that the 5 girls he had sex with was a lie and that he was a virgin till me. This blew my mind because he's so loving hot and smart and I see girls always flying themselves at him which brought me to ask him if he's gay again, he got mad at me for that one and reassured me that he's not gay and that he really likes me. We had a long talk about it and I told him to stop being nervous around me because sex with me is amazing and he has no reason to be awkward or uncomfortable.

So last night, for my birthday... we had sex again, I told him to be on top so he can control how he wants to flow and to just use me as a rag doll until he got off... well... again... after what seemed like a century of having sex... he didn't get off. So I don't know what the gently caress to do about this.

I really really like him; he's funny and charming and sweet and we have so much in common and blah blah blah blah, but for the life of me, I can't get him off. Does it have to do with me at all?! Like, now I'm afraid to go down on him or even have sex again because I always feel this slight shame after for not getting my own boyfriend to cum during sex. I know he's not gay, and he really likes me and finds me very very attractive... so what is it?!
:cumpolice:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Having applied for a job in my desired field in China (I am from the UK) and later getting offered the position, I am now at an impasse after receiving a visa invitation from the employer. The problem, as I see it, is that I have been given an invite for a business (M) visa, and not a work (Z) visa. The foreign office (UK government) website clearly states you cannot work in China without a Z visa.

My prospective employer explained that I may not qualify for the Z visa, and as such has proceeded with the M visa invitation. I have been told that essentially I would be payed through work arounds which I'm also told are fairly common in China for foreigners. Teachers were cited as an example. I have no idea if this is the case. Another supplied option would be to work in China at this business, yet be employed by a foreign company. Similarly, I don't know how this would work, or entirely what is being suggested. The employer has openly used the term "grey area" which further heightens my concerns, and said I cannot officially be employed yet has given me a contract. I believe this may also affect my ability to make disputes with the employer, should I ever intend to do so.

The job greatly appeals to me and would be an excellent step in my career that I don't believe is open to me at this stage in my own country. However, I have no intention whatsoever of getting on the wrong side of the Chinese government, or doing anything illegal. Whilst I do plan on continuing discussions on the matter with the employer, from my perspective, sadly, I think I will have to pass up on the opportunity.

I would like to know if what is being suggested is illegal, and whether there are any compromises which remain within the law of China. I'd also appreciate anything else thought to be worth considering.

Do it you big fat dummy.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

gently caress off, Tree Law. You never finish satisfyingly.

It's not tree law's fault that you don't bother following update posts

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

I haven't been able to get my boyfriend off yet...

:cumpolice:

Gay or antidepressants are the only things I can think of.

Edit: Both Tree law posts and this dude never finish satisfyingly.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

It's not tree law's fault that you don't bother following update posts

there was a whole tree law thread in gbs recently and the OP couldn't even find a lawyer that would represent him

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CheesyDog posted:

what kind of nerd fuckin band has a goddamn intimate brunch

brunch is something a band like Queen would do, and in some ways they were nerds but they were also one of the greatest bands to have ever existed

James Bond has an intimate brunch after he finishes round 3 of banging your wife (or your mother, if it's Connery)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

therobit posted:

Gay or antidepressants are the only things I can think of.

My first thoughts were masturbation damage/death grip, or that he's just not that into her, which seems kinda fair after having been repeatedly accused of being gay for sexual-performance issues tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hopefully we see the thread for this soon.

wife’s boyfriend took back the gift he gave me after a surgery and my wife is taking his side. How do I proceed?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MarcusSA posted:

Hopefully we see the thread for this soon.

wife’s boyfriend took back the gift he gave me after a surgery and my wife is taking his side. How do I proceed?

"When I woke up" is kind of a dead giveaway.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Can I go to jail for beating up a person that has been defecating on the restroom floor in my business?

I own a store and couple of times a month some one defecates on my restroom floor, not only is it disgusting but I am pretty sure it's constant occurrence was the reason why some of my best employees started leaving.

The only reason I was able to catch them was because they forgot to lock the door and my employee ran into them while they were doing it. They immediately came and got me and I was able to record the scene with their bodily fluids on the floor and the person trying to rush away. I had a couple of months worth of rage build up inside me, so after a violent confrontation the person threatened to get the cops involved. It has been a couple of hours and no one has come so far, I have decided to stay at my business so my employees don't have to deal with my negligence.

​This is in Texas by the way.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
A sexual kink is causing a rift in my marriage
Throwaway for obvious reasons. Obligatory; this is written from my phone. Here's to praying he never sees this also.

So to start. Me and my husband have an amazing relationship. I love him more than air, we've been married now for over 3 year. He is my best friend who knows pretty much everything... except for my sexual kink. I like reading about Male feminization. Like... very explicit, submissive, sissyfication, that's my dirty little secret. I would never want him to partake, I like reading it, visual novels, stories and experiences, but I dont want it in my normal life if that makes sense.

The issue is, no matter how much I love him; I dont feel comfortable telling him my kink. I like movies and shows with a 'crossdressing' feel in my normal life and he says its 'odd', 'unusual' and 'weird'. I'm not saying it would ruin my relationship, but he would look at me in a different light. No one knows, and I'm a rather modest reserved person in the bedroom. I dont want anyone to know.

He has caught me more than once close the incognito browser a little too fast. And he approached me today saying he feels shut out and like I'm doing something terrible. It broke my heart because I understand where hes coming from. He asked what it was and I said it was embarrassing and didnt give a direct answer. He didnt like that and we had a small argument where I got defensive because I'm not ready to talk about it. (Not saying I was right to be defensive, I just didnt know how to respond) i did tell him it was nothing illegal, no cheating, nothing i think would be a deal breaker for us. I just wasnt ready to talk about it.

He said, 'I will understand whatever it is. I deal with your weird gender bender stuff. This cant be any worse can it?' I seriously had nothing. That was my time to come clean, but it woulsing come out of my mouth.

So reddit. What do i do? Tell him my kink and risk his response? Or do I do my best to give it up?

quote:

I know you're right. I dont want to put him through anything he doesn't need to be panicking about.

I think it just feels overwhelming knowing that we get along in every aspect, except this one. Hard thing is. Hes extremely vanilla, and comes from a very religious background. So my normal interest of crossdressing really bothers him.

I appreciate your response. At the end of the day. He deserves to know

It's fun to watch how this is developing

quote:

Be your 100% honest, true self with him always.

I promise your honesty will be relief for him. He will still love you.

This is so going to blow up in her face

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

brunch is something a band like Queen would do, and in some ways they were nerds
I think an astrophysicist, a biologist and an electronics engineer go way beyond "in some ways"

e: an astrophysicist, a biologist and an electronics engineer walk into a bar, and the barkeeper says "I'm sorry we don't serve brunch"

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 2, 2019