Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

QuarkJets posted:

It's so people can talk poo poo about or overtly objectify their significant others it's nbd if you're kind of a shallow and lovely person but getting really excited about having a regular "guys night" or "girls night" is a red flag imo

Grape posted:

I have not now or ever enjoyed or desired ONE GENDER NIGHT event crap. Like you're 30 goddamn years old and still want boys club house playdates.
How do you reach that age and still can't socialize with women like people.

"One last thing is we all hang our pretty regularly as a group anyways. So Kim sees us all once every week or so anyways. It's not that the guy's never get to see each-other, but we just haven't had a guy's only night in nearly a year. "

It's not a regular thing and they hang out as couples weekly, so it's not like the guy can't socialize with women like people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (20F) can’t seem to convince him (21M) that sex is not competitive sports.

Been together for 6 months.

As it says in the title, he thinks of sex as a sport basically — he always needs to outdo himself, last more, make me cum more etc. leading to obvious disappointment on his end. Then he becomes super insecure about it and I have to reassure him endlessly.

More often than not it’s actually pretty great sex, but still, he can’t give himself a break. He treats it as a competition against himself, he has to do better (in his own opinion) every single time. And it’s really tiring trying to shelter his feelings from himself — I’ve caught myself faking a 3rd orgasm because last time he’d make me cum twice so if I didn’t come three times this time I would have to cheer him up and etc.

I’ve already told him sex is an intimate moment and not a sport but he doesn’t seem to get it.

He started having sex a bit later in life than most people so I get that he’s insecure but he’s actually great in bed and I always love the sex, but unless he feels like he absolutely outdid himself he will be sad and I will have to cheer him up and he will say I’m lying to make him feel better and it’s soooo exhausting. What do I do?

TL;DR: boyfriend is extremely insecure about sex, treats it as competition with himself, needs to outdo himself every time. I’m tired of reassuring him right after we just had sex. What to do?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

QuarkJets posted:

I didn't even read the story lol I was just responding to that other person

if that's the case then dude is an even bigger douche than the title implies

they're fine, it's okay if you and a bunch of friends want to get away from your SOs every now and then, people should have lives independent of their spouses

demanding strict adherence to the gender-only rules of <gender> night is dumb as hell, though. if someone wants to have their spouse there and the spouse agrees, or if you're doing something at a person's house where a spouse happens to also be, that shouldn't matter

this though:

I think this is symptomatic of a bad relationship, if you feel like you're only really yourself when you're not around your spouse then maybe you should stop being around your spouse a lot more often, like full-time

The dude didn't throw a tantrum. The wife threw a tantrum when her expensive pizza from across town got shot down.

Are you married? I've been with my wife for almost 20 years at this point, married for 14 of those years. We are happy together and in fact our marriage get better every year. Sometimes you want to do something separately from your partner. It is easy to go to functions together and people look at you as a single unit and you operate that way. Most of my non-work, non-sleep time is taken up with family responsibilities. It's nice to have something away from all that. Sometimes men want guy time and sometimes women want gal time and generally speaking if your spouse sets that up you shouldn't try to insert yourself into it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol you guys sure have some hot takes on poo poo.

He said he would pick up and pay for the pizza which is cool what isn't cool is when someone changes all that and wants you to drive further for more expensive poo poo.

The feeling I'm picking up is he would have been fine with her being there if she hadn't made the request for more expensive pizza and get all pissy when he says no.

Having a Guys / girls night is a perfectly normal thing to do.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Smirking_Serpent posted:

As it says in the title, he thinks of sex as a sport basically — he always needs to outdo himself, last more, make me cum more etc. leading to obvious disappointment on his end. Then he becomes super insecure about it and I have to reassure him endlessly.

More often than not it’s actually pretty great sex, but still, he can’t give himself a break. He treats it as a competition against himself, he has to do better (in his own opinion) every single time. And it’s really tiring trying to shelter his feelings from himself — I’ve caught myself faking a 3rd orgasm because last time he’d make me cum twice so if I didn’t come three times this time I would have to cheer him up and etc.

I’ve already told him sex is an intimate moment and not a sport but he doesn’t seem to get it.

He started having sex a bit later in life than most people so I get that he’s insecure but he’s actually great in bed and I always love the sex, but unless he feels like he absolutely outdid himself he will be sad and I will have to cheer him up and he will say I’m lying to make him feel better and it’s soooo exhausting. What do I do?

TL;DR: boyfriend is extremely insecure about sex, treats it as competition with himself, needs to outdo himself every time. I’m tired of reassuring him right after we just had sex. What to do?

He's only 21,how does that make him sexually active that much later than most people? The guy sounds super insecure, which makes me question how great the sex really is.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Panfilo posted:

He's only 21,how does that make him sexually active that much later than most people? The guy sounds super insecure, which makes me question how great the sex really is.

Kids are having sex at like 14 these days.

Also she said the sex is pretty great most of the time but yeah he sounds really insecure.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Wait, so she has to increase her number of orgasms/"orgasms" every loving time or he has a sulk? What is his loving endgame here, her just coming every loving second of the sex?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Yeah everyone knows that the first one to finish wins.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
So is this guy setting a timer every time or did he make a chart on the wall with gold stickers for each orgasm or what? I'm sure she's got other things to do than marathon sex every time, so what's his end goal? He can't just keep having longer and longer sex.

Ugh I can't really imagine having sex with someone who's more into mentally counting off achievements than actually having the sex. He's probably right to be insecure, sounds like he sucks at it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Yeah everyone knows that the first one to finish wins.

I am always a winner!

Well to be fair its easy to be number 1 when you are the only one in the game.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Fake nurse story continues:

AITA for contacting my ex girlfriend's estranged relatives to handle her?

quote:

This is a really long story that I must condense for character limit. I hope the sense of it all is intact.

My ex girlfriend deceived me for our entire relationship. She told me she was a very important charge nurse with a BSN and worked at a prestigious hospital in our area. Here in reality she is not a nurse at all but a phlebotomy technician and not at a prestigious hospital either.

She had a total breakdown when I confronted her about all of this and ended up getting put on an involuntary psych hold. I do not know how she did it, but she got herself released after only 2 days and is completely off the rails. She broke into my house. I came home from work the other day and she was in my shower. Not taking a shower, just chilling in there with my cat. It really loving freaked me out. She ran off before the cops came. They couldn't find her.

She moved here a few months before we started dating and I didn't know any of her family. After she broke into my house, I did some internet sleuthing and tracked down her parents and older brother. I was able to make contact with her mom because they have a landline with a listed number. I told her the situation. I gave her all of the information I knew about my ex. Her mom thanked me very much. Apparently my ex went ghost on her family about a year ago. Her mom told me they would take care of it and just wanted her to come back home.

Her brother called me very frantic shortly after I got off the phone with their mom and I talked to him for awhile. He said he was flying out first thing to hunt my ex down. That was yesterday. I was satisfied and relieved with the response.

I spoke to some friends today about it and they think I did too much and shouldn't have involved her family because I don't know the dynamic. They could be abusive and got ghosted for good reason my good friend said. Honestly, I didn't think about that at the time and now I feel lovely.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ad090 posted:

Your friends are stupid assholes and you did the right thing 100%.

God drat man get smarter friends and don't deal with crazy people.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I think guys/girls nights are dumb - it's not a thing I do. But, if your partner has one, inserting yourself in and demanding changes to it sounds pretty insufferable.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Really guys/girls nights are a way for both of you to continue having lives outside of each other.

My wife and I have been together for 12 years, living together for 6 of those and married for only 6ish months.

The older we get, the harder it is to just spontaneously do things with friends, it's even harder to do things with just our friends and not everyone's SO.

I loving love my wife but we need time apart as well, gently caress sometimes I need to talk to someone else ABOUT my wife over a beer so I can get perspective and clear my head; I don't trash on her or something but I need advice or sometimes just someone to complain to.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Another justification is if you and your spouse have very different hobbies. There's a few activities I enjoy that my wife has zero interest in (and vice versa). Usually in our case the other person wouldn't be terribly interested anyway.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I've spent so much time with my wife and daughters I'm literally unfit for male company

I've been unsocialized

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MarcusSA posted:

lol you guys sure have some hot takes on poo poo.

He said he would pick up and pay for the pizza which is cool what isn't cool is when someone changes all that and wants you to drive further for more expensive poo poo.

The feeling I'm picking up is he would have been fine with her being there if she hadn't made the request for more expensive pizza and get all pissy when he says no.

Having a Guys / girls night is a perfectly normal thing to do.

Exactly this, plus he knows her personality well enough that he saw the red flags about her trying to control her spouse's fun. People like that suck to be around in general regardless of gender, it turns a fun evening into having one idiot trying to control everything while the other either takes it like a doormat or has to wrangle their spouse like a loving toddler having a meltdown.

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

I've spent so much time with my wife and daughters I'm literally unfit for male company

I've been unsocialized

Watch a bunch of This Old Tony videos on YouTube and then buy a lathe. You'll feel much better, and you can teach your daughters to be machinists.

I've been married for 20 years and the goon take on relationships is far more entertaining than the stories they copy from Reddit. Independent social circles are great. They simultaneously give you a bit of space and make you appreciate coming home even more.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

As a cheapskate, I'm... conflicted on this. While this case is certainly gauche, I'm fine with a small tip on a literal shot pouring. As far as tipping goes, I give less if they literally open a beer for me vs make me a cocktail. Although this guy... you're blowing money on a single shot you can probably afford to tip bigger / proportionally.
e: new page
My [38F] son [7M] has various food allergies and his friends mom [40sF] doesn't take them seriously.

If you can afford a $600 pour of bourbon, the bartender almost certainly cannot. It’s part of the social contract. If you are big enough to order something that extravagant, tip 20-25% or whatever you normally would tip for good service. I say this as someone who has literally never worked in the service industry.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

therobit posted:

Are you married? I've been with my wife for almost 20 years at this point, married for 14 of those years. We are happy together and in fact our marriage get better every year. Sometimes you want to do something separately from your partner. It is easy to go to functions together and people look at you as a single unit and you operate that way. Most of my non-work, non-sleep time is taken up with family responsibilities. It's nice to have something away from all that. Sometimes men want guy time and sometimes women want gal time and generally speaking if your spouse sets that up you shouldn't try to insert yourself into it.

Yeah that basically jives with what I wrote: "it's okay if you and a bunch of friends want to get away from your SOs every now and then, people should have lives independent of their spouses"

When I read your post it read to me like you had to constantly keep up appearances around a spouse, and that the guys night out is a pretext for relaxing those tendencies. That seems unhealthy
Maybe that's not what you meant

Yes I am married, my spouse and I do some things together and some things apart, we have shared as well as separate friends, and (I am pretty sure at least) we don't feel like we have to act differently when we're around each other VS not.

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

If you can afford a $600 pour of bourbon, the bartender almost certainly cannot. It’s part of the social contract. If you are big enough to order something that extravagant, tip 20-25% or whatever you normally would tip for good service. I say this as someone who has literally never worked in the service industry.

I've been I corporate environments where this kind of stuff happens and it seems to be about $100 for a single item. Running a tab for multiple people over the course of the night is different and is 20%, but expensive shots for a large group seems to be a $100 bill. A single pour, no matter the cost, should probably be about the same.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

You don't tip 20-25% on one $600 pour. "Hey, thanks for the 1.5 oz pour and 2 min of your time. Here's $120." gently caress off.

You tip waiters 20% because the service is quite involved and time-consuming.

Anywhere between $20-50 is a reasonable tip for one (ridiculously expensive) drink, in my opinion, unless you're truly just flashing cash.

20% was never the norm for bartenders anyway. Whether I'm getting a $3 beer or an $8 beer, you're getting $1 for a tip. For a more expensive cocktail: a bit more. It's completely subjective, which is why there's debate about it to begin with.

For a large tab with lots of individual drinks, sure I'll tip 20%, but that's actually shorting the bartender sometimes. So, you have to keep that in mind.

Then there's special circumstances, of course. For instance, if the bartender is doing some sort of involved service with a lot of background information about wines or whiskeys or something. Then, sure... bigger tip.

(I have never and will never buy a $600 pour.)

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
As a bartender if you want to get bigger tips from me you will have a 100% success rate if you are a handsome dude and you call me sweetie. You don't even have to be gay.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

M.C. McMic posted:

You don't tip 20-25% on one $600 pour. "Hey, thanks for the 1.5 oz pour and 2 min of your time. Here's $120." gently caress off.
For real. It takes a bartender like 5 seconds to pour that. I never ordered a shot even close to that expensive though, so I don't know what I'd do. If you're gonna splurge that much, might as well leave a fat tip. The ego boost of leaving a tip is better than the 600 bucks for the shot anyway. Fancy liquor has very diminishing returns anyway. Would you even be able to tell the difference between a $100 shot and a $600 shot? Doubt it.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 4, 2019

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

empty sea posted:

a chart on the wall with gold stickers for each orgasm or what?

Stealing this idea thanks. 🙏🏼

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

M.C. McMic posted:

Sounds like you are too poor to order a $600 shot.

quote:

(I have never and will never buy a $600 pour.)

Confirmed.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for agreeing to pick my brother up from the airport then refusing after his flight was delayed 4 hours?

My brother is coming to visit me. He doesn’t travel much and isn’t very familiar with airports and Uber. It’s weird I know. He’s with his wife and kids. He was supposed to get in at 9 pm. I have an SUV and agreed to get him and his family. He gets to the airport and at about 8:30 pm they tell him his flight is delayed. He texts me and I say, “no problem. Just let me know when you are expected to land and I’ll get you.” About an hour later he says the delay is 4 hours and I’ll be in at 1 am. I tell him I can’t do that. I have to work in the morning and if I get you at 1 am I’ll be lucky to be in bed by 2. I have to get up at 5 am and I just can’t do that. I tell him I’ll leave the front door unlocked. We have 3 spare rooms so just pick a room and put the kids in whatever rooms they want. I then say I’ll see you tomorrow after I get off work. He was pissed. He’s mad he has to pay for two Uber’s. He didn’t have the app and is mad he has to download it, upload his credit card info and whatnot. I politely explain to him that this is just part of traveling. If you want to travel sometimes there are unexpected expenses. He thinks since I agreed to pick him up at the airport I should do that no matter any delays. I again told him, I would have no problem with that, but 9 pm vs 1 am when I have to work is different. I also explained that he’s saving thousands on a hotel by staying with me so $50 for Uber is not a big deal.

AITA?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than fued who treat it as a race to see who comes first.

ad090 posted:

NTA. Just wash your hands of her she's nuts.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for lashing out at a “mother hen” coworker of mine?

I am a guy in my early 30’s who works at a restaurant, and we got a new employee a couple weeks ago named “Jane.” Jane is an older woman in her late 50’s, who seems like a good person, but is very, very annoying. She acts, as I said in my title, a lot like a “mother hen” to other employees - whenever she sees someone working with sharp, dangerous-looking objects, she gets big eyes, goes, “ooooh, careful”, and continuously pesters them that they’re not doing it safe enough/right, and reminds them over and over to “be careful.” She’ll frequently help people who insist they don’t need it and aren’t even in her department, and gives them advice on how to better do their job

It gets very annoying very fast, especially considering that she’s the new person. Typically, the “new guy” is the one who’s more submissive and deferential in his first couple weeks; to be a long time employee and have the new person treating me like a baby, or giving me advice on how to do my job, is very insulting.

The other week, I was using a large, sharp device/machine to cut some things up, and Jane stopped by, doing her usual “big eyes” and “oooooh, careful,” over and over. She kept leaning in my personal space and giving me pointers on how I could use the device “better” and “safer,” and how she “doesn’t want me to get hurt.” After a long time of this, I turned it off, put everything down, and confronted her.

“You want me to be safe, and get this sliced safely?” I asked her very harshly. “I’ll tell you what you can do - quit loving bothering me while I’m working! I’m not a dipshit, I’ve worked here 20 times as long as you, I know how to use their loving tools! You’re distracting the hell out of me, knock it off!” Her eyes got huge, she began quivering, and she replied that she was just trying to help. “What you are doing is the exact, reverse opposite of help! You want someone to get their goddamn finger sliced off - keep on doing what you’re doing! Distract and pester the hell out them, that’s gonna be bound to be the result! Mind your own drat business!”

Her eyes swelled with tears, and she hurried off. Someone I work with told me they saw her hiding out in an isolated part of the back room, crying very hard. I wanted to give her an apology, but she avoided me like the plague the rest of the day, and was so cold, quiet and unapproachable that I chickened out of doing so. Her eyes were red and swollen the rest of the day, and I think I really got her down. I feel lovely about what I did, but also am kind of wondering if it may have served a greater good of getting her to stop this awful habit of hers. AITA?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Confirmed.

Or they're just not bad with money

If I had a million dollars I still wouldn't pay $600 for a shot, because that's idiotic. But maybe I just underestimate money's ability to sap intelligence

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I confronted my fiancé about my engagement ring not being from Tiffany&Co like he claimed it was?

My SO and I got engaged a few months ago and are planning to get married next year. It was a perfect day with us and our friends. The night ended with him getting down on one knee, and pulling out a black Tiffany ring box. He asks, I say yes, we spend the next hour telling each other how much we love each other. Everything is perfect.

Fast forward a few months..The ring is beautiful. Absolutely stunning and I love it. I haven’t taken it off except to maybe clean the house. One day I noticed it had collected a few minor scuffs on the inside as most rings do and asked my SO for the info on where to get it polished or cleaned. He said there was no such info, but he can take it to get it cleaned himself. I thought that was strange since most smaller jewelers offer diamond warranties and cleaning services - why wouldn’t Tiffany offer the same thing?

That was a sign that something was up for me. I started googling places to clean Tiffany jewelry in the area just in case he was mistaken and found a few ads for places that can authenticate Tiffany jewelry. After looking into it more I found out all Tiffany jewelry pieces have serial numbers and the Tiffany logo mark to deter fraud. Mine has nothing but a gold rating and an unidentifiable mark.

Basically I want to find out where he got the ring and why he lied to me, if he did. It honestly is not important to me where the ring is from, but why pretend it’s from somewhere that it’s not? We are both well off so I know it wasn’t an issue of cost.

On the other hand, I’m also worried that he doesn’t know it’s not real and I don’t want him to get hurt in case he feels embarrassed or angry he was lied to.

It’s a beautiful ring and I do really love it. Should I confront him or just let if be and wonder if he intentionally lied to me?

EDIT: Most of you are confused by the black box situation. This is what I’m talking about. Excuse the dust - it’s been in the closet.

https://i.imgur.com/nq4w9ge.jpg

EDIT 2: Ring hallmark for those who asked!

https://i.imgur.com/mezxEkZ.jpg

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Twelve Batmans posted:

As a bartender if you want to get bigger tips from me you will have a 100% success rate if you are a handsome dude and you call me sweetie. You don't even have to be gay.

It better not be just the tip that gets bigger.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
That woman is really concerned about the name brand of her ring that literally nobody will know about except when she starts telling people.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

QuarkJets posted:

Or they're just not bad with money

If I had a million dollars I still wouldn't pay $600 for a shot, because that's idiotic. But maybe I just underestimate money's ability to sap intelligence

Hey man I have a million dollars and i also wouldn’t pay $600 for a shot but if for some reason I wanted a $600 shot I’d tip well for good service like I always do. 🤷🏼‍♂️

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

NTA. Just wash your hands of her she's nuts.

He can't wash his hands because she's camped out in his bathroom! Always one step ahead.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for agreeing to pick my brother up from the airport then refusing after his flight was delayed 4 hours?

My brother is coming to visit me. He doesn’t travel much and isn’t very familiar with airports and Uber. It’s weird I know. He’s with his wife and kids. He was supposed to get in at 9 pm. I have an SUV and agreed to get him and his family. He gets to the airport and at about 8:30 pm they tell him his flight is delayed. He texts me and I say, “no problem. Just let me know when you are expected to land and I’ll get you.” About an hour later he says the delay is 4 hours and I’ll be in at 1 am. I tell him I can’t do that. I have to work in the morning and if I get you at 1 am I’ll be lucky to be in bed by 2. I have to get up at 5 am and I just can’t do that. I tell him I’ll leave the front door unlocked. We have 3 spare rooms so just pick a room and put the kids in whatever rooms they want. I then say I’ll see you tomorrow after I get off work. He was pissed. He’s mad he has to pay for two Uber’s. He didn’t have the app and is mad he has to download it, upload his credit card info and whatnot. I politely explain to him that this is just part of traveling. If you want to travel sometimes there are unexpected expenses. He thinks since I agreed to pick him up at the airport I should do that no matter any delays. I again told him, I would have no problem with that, but 9 pm vs 1 am when I have to work is different. I also explained that he’s saving thousands on a hotel by staying with me so $50 for Uber is not a big deal.

AITA?

Your brother is a loving moron and he needs to grow up and learn about how Uber’s(lol) work.

NTA.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Confirmed.

Sounds like you're stupid enough to pay for "good service". Here's a thought: It's not any more difficult for a bartender to pour a $600 drink than a $5 drink.

If you're going to tip $120 for one drink, order a mojito.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

MarcusSA posted:

Your brother is a loving moron and he needs to grow up and learn about how Uber’s(lol) work.

NTA.

Not sure how the brother is a moron because his flight got delayed but they must not have a very good relationship if he can't be inconvenienced for one night.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Cyks posted:

Not sure how the brother is a moron because his flight got delayed but they must not have a very good relationship if he can't be inconvenienced for one night.

"I have to work in the morning" is a pretty good reason. If dude has to be in at 7 or 8 then he is getting up at 5 or 6 at the latest, and staying up until 2 makes that not really reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cyks posted:

Did you miss the part about a grown rear end adult with kids not knowing how taxis or Uber worked?