Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

FoolyCharged posted:

If we take the dude at his word:

None of that happened, he explicitly asked "did he do it" and she said no.

Hi, buddy, reread my post. I explained WHY she might have said no even if he DID do it.

dudeness posted:

I can't imagine someone advertising their car wash fundraiser for a family that lost their home as being staffed by bikini teens.

:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

This one's iffy. There's a mens rea component here. If he's just getting his car cleaned because 1) it's dirty, and 2) he wants to help the family that lost their home, it's not his fault the organizers put 15 year old girls in bikinis. However, if the girls in bikinis are what drew him to the event, he is bad and gross and you should be upset with him. It also depends on the advertising - did the event say "young girls in bikinis" or just "charity car wash"?

That's what I was thinking. If he has a history of being a creep, then sever his head from his neck. First offense though, I would give him the benefit of a doubt.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

dudeness posted:

I can't imagine someone advertising their car wash fundraiser for a family that lost their home as being staffed by bikini teens.

Good point. How the car wash was advertised should play a role in the judgement

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
You could always donate money and not patronize the car wash

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Good point. How the car wash was advertised should play a role in the judgement

The ones I’ve seen in Southern CA at least they have like the kids in say shorts and t shirts holding the signs but girls in swim suits washing the cars. It’s really creepy because if you pull in you wouldn’t even see who is washing the car till you are already in line for it. I’ve never stopped at one but I could see how you could do it without knowing what was up.

The bikini car washes have been in pop culture since at least the late 70’s.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

There is a level of ambiguity, because the OP says that the car wash was organized by a friend of the family. Were the girls who washed cars daughters of the family who lost their house or were they daughters of the friend? How was the car wash advertised?

Of course, regardless of the answers,

tactlessbastard posted:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for filming my music video in a store with my friend and then accidentally making a mess?

My juggalo friend and I were walking into this local walmart this after noon and yes we were wearing facepaint and other juggalo poo poo but its not like walmart isn't used to seeing weird hosed up poo poo and the workers didn't even give us a second look. so anyways we were here to film a music video for our rap duo so we had to sneak are camera in the store which we did pretty good. anyways part of my vision of this music video is me being showered in faygo as i walk down the feminine product aisle, so that's exactly what we did. i took about 2 bottles of faygo from the cooler, shook them up and started making it rain faygo as my friend was filming. this caused one of the employees to alert her manager who promptly told us to leave. i explained we were doing a music video and told him i entended to pay for the faygo that i used but he wouldnt hear us. he also band us from coming to the store again unless we wanted police called on us.

personally i consider myself a juggalo before an american and i consider icp to be the figure heads of my religion. this is simply a religious practice and the manager was being inflammatory to my 1st amedmint rights. my friend has video evidnce of the entire incidence. was i an rear end in a top hat for doing this even if i offerd to pay for the faygo? also shoud i consider suing this walmart for religious discrimanation?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA for filming my music video in a store with my friend and then accidentally making a mess?

This is way too on the nose to be real but I still love it

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I wish I cared about anything like white people cared about rules lawyering the N word

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

My juggalo friend and I were walking into this local walmart this after noon and yes we were wearing facepaint and other juggalo poo poo but its not like walmart isn't used to seeing weird hosed up poo poo and the workers didn't even give us a second look. so anyways we were here to film a music video for our rap duo so we had to sneak are camera in the store which we did pretty good. anyways part of my vision of this music video is me being showered in faygo as i walk down the feminine product aisle, so that's exactly what we did. i took about 2 bottles of faygo from the cooler, shook them up and started making it rain faygo as my friend was filming. this caused one of the employees to alert her manager who promptly told us to leave. i explained we were doing a music video and told him i entended to pay for the faygo that i used but he wouldnt hear us. he also band us from coming to the store again unless we wanted police called on us.

personally i consider myself a juggalo before an american and i consider icp to be the figure heads of my religion. this is simply a religious practice and the manager was being inflammatory to my 1st amedmint rights. my friend has video evidnce of the entire incidence. was i an rear end in a top hat for doing this even if i offerd to pay for the faygo? also shoud i consider suing this walmart for religious discrimanation?

This is amazing and this needs to be the thread title.

The whole post.

10/10

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Hi, buddy, reread my post. I explained WHY she might have said no even if he DID do it.

I think he would have mentioned her bothering hr/managers. The dude is pissed at her. No way he would leave that out. A past history of her being a poo poo, true or not, would be hugely sympathetic.

Keep in mind the coworker's only listed offense is opposing gay marriage and he could be one of those weird religious types that thinks handing gay people a different titled form that does the same poo poo isnt marriage.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

FoolyCharged posted:

I think he would have mentioned her bothering hr/managers. The dude is pissed at her. No way he would leave that out. A past history of her being a poo poo, true or not, would be hugely sympathetic.

Keep in mind the coworker's only listed offense is opposing gay marriage and he could be one of those weird religious types that thinks handing gay people a different titled form that does the same poo poo isnt marriage.

Okay, so I have to spell it out again:

If a manager asks someone if they've been harassed, what they're asking is "can you PROVE you were harassed" because otherwise, they aren't going to do poo poo. They'll probably crack down on the person who spoke up if anything, out of the perception that the person who reported the abuse is "creating drama."

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Okay, so I have to spell it out again:

If a manager asks someone if they've been harassed, what they're asking is "can you PROVE you were harassed" because otherwise, they aren't going to do poo poo. They'll probably crack down on the person who spoke up if anything, out of the perception that the person who reported the abuse is "creating drama."

That is one hell of a take on things.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
If any of y'all disagree feel free to get a lovely manual labor job and try raising a complaint, any complaint, literally any complaint to your manager, and see what happens.

Barudak posted:

If you rock the boat expect to get pushed overboard

except the boat is capitalism and "overboard" is either space or sleeping in culverts.

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 6, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you rock the boat expect to get pushed overboard

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

Didn't his friend organize it? Maybe he thought it would be the friend in a bikini

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

This is amazing and this needs to be the thread title.

The whole post.

10/10

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
My hot take is that you should wait until somebody commits (or attempts to commit) a fireable offense before firing somebody for such offense.

Also right to work and at will states are bad and people ITT using them to justify firing somebody you disagree with aren't the woke individuals they think they are.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Being homophobic is 100% a fire-able offense. Either that or you have to homophobe so hard the Supreme Court decides to screw over all of society because the one straight baker in the entire goddamn world got a bug up his rear end about the biblical sacrament of fondant.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Oh God he also posted it in r/nyc

Attention! DO not go to the Seacaucus NJ walmart. I was banned from the store

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

Oh God he also posted it in r/nyc

Attention! DO not go to the Seacaucus NJ walmart. I was banned from the store

:allears:

I don’t care if its fake or not its hilarious.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
That has to be fake.

Yes, juggalos are that lacking in self awareness and basic tenets of humanity but I still think it's a troll.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

HMS Beagle posted:

quote:

personally i consider myself a juggalo before an american and i consider icp to be the figure heads of my religion.

Hatchet, God, Country. In that order. Also the first two are the same.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Being homophobic is 100% a fire-able offense. Either that or you have to homophobe so hard the Supreme Court decides to screw over all of society because the one straight baker in the entire goddamn world got a bug up his rear end about the biblical sacrament of fondant.

A baker put a bug up he own rear end, a shameful baker

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling random guy that he loving sucks?

So I was just putting my backpack down at a seat a campus run dining hall (I had my food on the tray and was going to fill up my glass with soda from the machine) . My backpack was on the chair at a two person table. I had my laptop and other books and stuff in it. I fill up my glass and two guys come up to my seat. As I turn around I see one of them lift my backpack up and drop it on the ground at like a 3 foot drop. He then moved my tray to another table.

I quickly walked back over and was like wtf guys theres plenty of open seating. He's like oh we thought you were done and had a blank expression on his face. I then said dude you just dropped my backpack with my laptop in it, you're and idiot and you loving suck. He then said I loving suck in response. I then grabbed my backpack and tray and walked away. Thankfully nothing was damaged but AITA ?

honestly i just love the title of this one

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for asking my husband to stop doing things that bother me and other people?

Whenever I tell my husband something is bothering me he says I’m a nag and such. But I don’t mean to nag, I just want whatever is bothering me or possibly bothering others to stop.

For example, in a restaurant he will be on his phone looking at facebook and watch a video with the volume loud enough for people at other tables to hear. I’ll ask him to turn it down a bit. He gets mad, turns it off and throws his phone on the table.

If he’s driving and keeps veering over into the wrong lane or riding a car’s bumper. I’ll point that out because it honestly makes me nervous. He’ll immediately get angry, rant about how much he hates riding with me in the car because when he’s by himself no one bitches at him.

I don’t think I’m being bitchy. I really do word it as “can you please turn the volume down a notch?” Or “Babe, can you stay in your lane please.” Or “slow down please.” I feel like I have to word everything so carefully or else he calls me a bitch, but lately it seems like no amount of sugar coating works. But if I don’t say anything then I just have to be embarrassed/uncomfortable with what he’s doing.

If I ask why he gets so angry over this he tells me I’m dramatic or bitchy. Being honest it does happen alot, usually because he ignores me and just keeps doing whatever he wants no matter how much it bothers me or anyone around us. So I’ll ask a few times before he either blows up or I give up.

I really want to know if I’m the rear end in a top hat here.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for taking truth or dare bit too far?

We were at house party, playing truth or dare.We were also extremely drunk. One kid got absinthe from somewhere. I was sitting right between my ex and boyfriend. We were doing like regular truths and dares. Someone span the bottle and it landed on me and this girl. She’s a bitch. First class oval office. I picked dare, Idk why, I should’ve picked truth. She dared me to kiss my ex. Right in front of my boyfriend. Me and my boyfriend both said no. But everyone started bitching because why should they have to do the dare if we don’t do one. So I kissed him. Few turns later It landed on me and that girl’s boyfriend. He asked me to say who had bigger dick. Ex or boyfriend. Wow, so mature, I said it.

I was extremely extremely angry. It landed on me and her few turns later and I asked her if she knew that her boyfriend was cheating with her. I knew it because I walked in on him with someone in changing room one time. I said it without even realizing. She got white like a ghost, got up and ran out. So now basically, whole school says that I’m the rear end in a top hat. My boyfriend is mad at me and I’m having to avoid that girl’s boyfriend at all costs.

o w n e d

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt/status/1125156670106210304?s=21

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for asking my husband to stop doing things that bother me and other people?

How do all these idiot children manage to get married?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We were at house party, playing truth or dare.We were also extremely drunk. One kid got absinthe from somewhere. I was sitting right between my ex and boyfriend. We were doing like regular truths and dares. Someone span the bottle and it landed on me and this girl. She’s a bitch. First class oval office. I picked dare, Idk why, I should’ve picked truth. She dared me to kiss my ex. Right in front of my boyfriend. Me and my boyfriend both said no. But everyone started bitching because why should they have to do the dare if we don’t do one. So I kissed him. Few turns later It landed on me and that girl’s boyfriend. He asked me to say who had bigger dick. Ex or boyfriend. Wow, so mature, I said it.

I was extremely extremely angry. It landed on me and her few turns later and I asked her if she knew that her boyfriend was cheating with her. I knew it because I walked in on him with someone in changing room one time. I said it without even realizing. She got white like a ghost, got up and ran out. So now basically, whole school says that I’m the rear end in a top hat. My boyfriend is mad at me and I’m having to avoid that girl’s boyfriend at all costs.

o w n e d

This is a great one haha

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This is the sort of ice burn so powerful before you say it everything pauses for a second with a huge zoom on your face as the the background and music changes in anticipation

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Cyks posted:

My hot take is that you should wait until somebody commits (or attempts to commit) a fireable offense before firing somebody for such offense.

Also right to work and at will states are bad and people ITT using them to justify firing somebody you disagree with aren't the woke individuals they think they are.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Whenever I tell my husband something is bothering me he says I’m a nag and such. But I don’t mean to nag, I just want whatever is bothering me or possibly bothering others to stop.

For example, in a restaurant he will be on his phone looking at facebook and watch a video with the volume loud enough for people at other tables to hear. I’ll ask him to turn it down a bit. He gets mad, turns it off and throws his phone on the table.

If he’s driving and keeps veering over into the wrong lane or riding a car’s bumper. I’ll point that out because it honestly makes me nervous. He’ll immediately get angry, rant about how much he hates riding with me in the car because when he’s by himself no one bitches at him.

I don’t think I’m being bitchy. I really do word it as “can you please turn the volume down a notch?” Or “Babe, can you stay in your lane please.” Or “slow down please.” I feel like I have to word everything so carefully or else he calls me a bitch, but lately it seems like no amount of sugar coating works. But if I don’t say anything then I just have to be embarrassed/uncomfortable with what he’s doing.

If I ask why he gets so angry over this he tells me I’m dramatic or bitchy. Being honest it does happen alot, usually because he ignores me and just keeps doing whatever he wants no matter how much it bothers me or anyone around us. So I’ll ask a few times before he either blows up or I give up.

I really want to know if I’m the rear end in a top hat here.

Ugh, why did you marry this utter dipshit?!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

irrespective of his abusive tendencies, anyone that uses their phone to play loud audio in public deserves the guillotine.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

That's the truth.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Resting Lich Face posted:

How do all these idiot children manage to get married?

How does anyone not manage to get married if these utter morons can do it?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Pirate Radar posted:

How does anyone not manage to get married if these utter morons can do it?

:hmmyes:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

Ugh, why did you marry this utter dipshit?!

This poo poo is mindboggling to me. It's not like the guy would have acted any different prior to the marriage. I'm similarly confused by people in relationships where they barely even interact with each other.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [22 M] bisexual girlfriend [23 F] says she needs physical contact with her female friends or she can't function. How do I not get jealous?

Hey r/relationships, newbie here.

Basically I get jealous very easily when I see my girlfriend cuddling with her other female friends.

It wasn't ever an issue until she came out to me as bi (something she hasn't told anyone else except a few close friends). But now that I know, I can't help but get jealous, the same way I would if she were getting a lot of physical contact with her guy friends.

She assures me that girls are all much more comfortable with platonic physical contact and that I've got nothing to worry about. And she tells me that because her love language is physical touch, she doesn't feel loved by her friends without it. She says that no, just cuddling with me won't offset this need for validation from others.

We've only been dating a month and a half but this all seems so complicated already.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for feeling this way? How do I not feel jealous? HELP!

TL;DR: bi girlfriend cuddles with her friends a lot and idk how to not feel jealous

just tell her "Bi Bi, baby"