Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

still waiting to hear back on my request to pay for it and have it shipped this way :ohdear:

play it cool ... dont let slip that it's a priceless artifact or hobby lobby will spend millions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

2DCAT posted:

from what i can tell someone found it on the beach and started doing internet searches and came across a post from twoday mentioning it was lost to the ocean forever, but didn't have an account to mention twoday..., so then searched for sailor and maybe found me on social media due to my connection to remember sailor and asked to get a hold of twoday

it's a c-spam miracle imo

pass on my congrats to the winner of the secret cspam ARG

:smugdon::respek::smugdon:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday posted:

If the block makes its way back to me I will use it to make another run of sailor prints, and then clad it with silver leaf and put it in an altar

:yeshaha:

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

welcome to hell! welcome to hell!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I now believe in magic, for I have finally remembered sailor

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

post apocalyptic raiders getting in to decades long wars over the sailor block

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Nebakenezzer posted:

If this helps: an illustrated civil defense manual from the USSR

If you don't read Russian, it's occult and esoteric

Fallout Proof baby pram:

Hurt:

Sign of the healing God

I read through the entire document, and it's amazing, it's like its own genre

twoday
May 4, 2005

The Bonnacon, Laughing Stock of the Medieval Bestiary: This mythical medieval creature burns attackers with its own dung

The bonnacon is a mythical, bull-like beast with the mane of a horse and horns that spiral inward on top of its head. The bonnacon’s curved horns are not effective for defending itself against hunters, so instead it shoots a stream of potent dung that can burn anything in its path. In manuscripts the attacking hunters are depicted either with full armor, or just spears and shields, to defend themselves from the robust excrement.

Many images present the interpretation that the bonnacon shoots fiery feces. However, there is an alternate translation of the Latin Second-family Bestiary—a variation of the bestiary text most often used as a basis for illuminated books of beasts—by Willene B. Clark that sheds a different light on the bonnacon’s story. In this translation, the bonnacon emits a “fart” three acres long to discourage its pursuers. Images in some bestiaries show hunters with their heads turned away from the bonnacon and even covering their nose in disgust to block out the horrible smell of the animal’s gas.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
found my spirit animal

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

The Bonnacon, Laughing Stock of the Medieval Bestiary: This mythical medieval creature burns attackers with its own dung

lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

I have a book with this cover. It was printed in the 1930's in Germany, and describes some stuff about Kabbalah. Most of the copies made were burnt. I found it at a flea market.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

I read through the entire document, and it's amazing, it's like its own genre

twoday
May 4, 2005

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

crazy cloud posted:

loving lmfao for ever and ever

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

2DCAT posted:

can confirm, twoday literally threw this into the ocean... BUT...

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

it's a Pissmas Day Miracle!

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

twoday
May 4, 2005

lol

I have been thinking about painting the thunk face onto a shirt, this pretty much confirms that I must

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I see the head of trump in that atomic fireball

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i miss when the cspam subtitle was "this place is not a place of honor"

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

lol

I have been thinking about painting the thunk face onto a shirt, this pretty much confirms that I must

:thunk:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Poniard posted:

i miss when the cspam subtitle was "this place is not a place of honor"

And in case someone doesn't know the reference, it's quite relevant to this thread:

https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/ten-thousand-years/

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

twoday posted:

And in case someone doesn't know the reference, it's quite relevant to this thread:

https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/ten-thousand-years/

I'd love to see a version of this but for conservative ideology

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nite Crew visits Day Crew

twoday
May 4, 2005

Nebakenezzer posted:

I'd love to see a version of this but for conservative ideology

that is absolutely brilliant

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017
me yesterday: this is the best content being produced anywhere, by anyone

me today: ok gonna sell my worldly possessions, shave my head, & walk to twoday’s hermit hut to eat twigs at his feet

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smit...rope-180960885/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headless_men

http://mentalfloss.com/article/91680/50-bizarre-passages-medieval-europes-bestselling-travel-book

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i love these fellas

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

twoday posted:

a “fart” three acres long

mods, new user name please

twoday
May 4, 2005

THOT PATROL posted:

me yesterday: this is the best content being produced anywhere, by anyone

me today: ok gonna sell my worldly possessions, shave my head, & walk to twoday’s hermit hut to eat twigs at his feet

no, no

oh dear

E:

Poniard posted:

post apocalyptic raiders getting in to decades long wars over the sailor block

twoday has issued a correction as of 02:49 on May 7, 2019

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

everyone involved with this is going to some secret circle of hell

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Poniard posted:

everyone involved with this is going to some secret circle of hell

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

we are disobeying the gods and self-substantiating into an existence in which hell itself cannot handle the aftermath

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

please knock Mom! posted:

mods, new user name please

Because its horns were useless for self-defense, the bonnacon was said to expel large amounts of caustic feces from its anus at its pursuers, burning them and thereby ensuring its escape.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Poniard posted:

i love these fellas

Pretty good crew:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

twoday you should use schnorkles cum house as your hermit shack

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017

twoday posted:

no, no

oh dear

E:

theres an ocean between us but it’s no big, we know now the ocean will deliver me to u if my spirit is as pure as sailor

Poniard posted:

we are disobeying the gods and self-substantiating into an existence in which hell itself cannot handle the aftermath

the veil grows thinner daily......

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I have an update!! Let me photshop them a bit to further protect the identities of everyone...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

2DCAT posted:

I have an update!! Let me photshop them a bit to further protect the identities of everyone...

go on...