Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for pointing out that my girlfriend was being a hypocrite?

So I was on the couch chilling with my girlfriend last night and she was telling me about her night out with the girls. She was telling me she had a good time but that one of her friends started talking to some guy early in the night and exchanged phone numbers. He later texted her later that night where she was at, they met up again and 15 min later they were gone to his place.

GF: ''She's just been a real slut after that breakup''

Me: 'Well I think she's just enjoying herself, no need to call her slut.''

GF: ''Well they talked for a very short time and basically just had sex with a stranger, I think that's pretty slutty if you ask me.''

I was getting kind of annoyed by this because I'm a very 'just do whatever the gently caress you want as long as you don't hurt anyone'-kinda guy and it was especially annoying because she was kind of hypocritical.

Me: ''As if you never went home with someone after a night out, that's literally how we met''

GF: "Yeah but that's different, she's just so...easy I dunno how to explain but she is''

Me: "Well I don't think we talked for an hour that night, I bought you 2 drinks at the bar, afterward some McDonald's and you let me cum in your mouth, kind of hypocritical to go around and calling other people sluts".

Well, you can imagine how that went. She blew up on me and left. We've texted and called since but she's still pretty pissed.

Am I an rear end in a top hat for pointing out that my girlfriend was being a hypocrite?

Good for him. Women shouldn't be trying to tear each other down. Especially if they're guilty of the same drat behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

(NV) Brother-in-law was attacked 2 nights ago, shot several times, exchanged gunfire with the attacker. Police took his wallet with $1,500 in it, and have made a suspicious call to hospital.

Cops are trying to sneakily find out if the dude was drunk or high assuming those tests were sent.

They're poorly, unconstitutionally covering their rear end if they didn't get a warrant for blood or urine at the time.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for pointing out that my girlfriend was being a hypocrite?

So I was on the couch chilling with my girlfriend last night and she was telling me about her night out with the girls. She was telling me she had a good time but that one of her friends started talking to some guy early in the night and exchanged phone numbers. He later texted her later that night where she was at, they met up again and 15 min later they were gone to his place.

GF: ''She's just been a real slut after that breakup''

Me: 'Well I think she's just enjoying herself, no need to call her slut.''

GF: ''Well they talked for a very short time and basically just had sex with a stranger, I think that's pretty slutty if you ask me.''

I was getting kind of annoyed by this because I'm a very 'just do whatever the gently caress you want as long as you don't hurt anyone'-kinda guy and it was especially annoying because she was kind of hypocritical.

Me: ''As if you never went home with someone after a night out, that's literally how we met''

GF: "Yeah but that's different, she's just so...easy I dunno how to explain but she is''

Me: "Well I don't think we talked for an hour that night, I bought you 2 drinks at the bar, afterward some McDonald's and you let me cum in your mouth, kind of hypocritical to go around and calling other people sluts".

Well, you can imagine how that went. She blew up on me and left. We've texted and called since but she's still pretty pissed.

Am I an rear end in a top hat for pointing out that my girlfriend was being a hypocrite?

Well, you're not wrong, but being right isn't going to save you here. Probably you won't be coming in her mouth or anywhere else on her body anytime soon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dazerbeams posted:

Good for him. Women shouldn't be trying to tear each other down. Especially if they're guilty of the same drat behavior.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Dazerbeams posted:

women are awful. men too

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

How to properly prepare for addict BIL moving in?

We are in North Carolina. What protections should we be considering?

My [24F] brother-in-law [22] is currently in rehab in another state for opiate addiction. My husband [25] wants to offer him the option of living with us. Getting BIL out of his home environment is a last ditch effort to help him, however, I don't want our goodwill gesture to bite us in the rear end. We own our home, no kids, husband is active duty military, and I am a full time commuter student. We plan to lock up our medicine cabinet, guns, credit cards, and take inventory of pawnable devices. We have a rough draft roommate.renter agreement but what else should we seriously consider? Thank you for your insights.

Locks are insufficient. The mentioned items need to be stored in a completely separate location, also locked.
Store the BIL in a third, locked location and you should be ok.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

MasBrillante posted:

It just seems to me like folks who claim that bed bugs are super easy to get rid of always seem to get them multiple times, which makes me wonder how well you’re getting rid of eggs, to be frank.

considering the 2 times i had them was 4 yrs apart pretty well i assume. you can see the hatched bed bugs dead as you dust up the week or so following the spraying. they are all clear and deformed because the poison lingers.

its a huge pita to get rid of them but its not hard. you have to wash dry and seal all clothes and linen in your house including out of season poo poo. vacuum heavily before and after the spraying and then have your house sprayed where you have to be outside of your house for 5hrs. they also advice you to get rid of old electronics and cheap press board furniture because they can be in those as well. since i sweep every day anyways and i dont hoard old electronics all i had to do was some extra laundry and bag my poo poo up in trash bags for a week. My brother had to throw out his desk as well but he brought them in so gently caress em.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

snergle posted:

considering the 2 times i had them was 4 yrs apart pretty well i assume. you can see the hatched bed bugs dead as you dust up the week or so following the spraying. they are all clear and deformed because the poison lingers.

its a huge pita to get rid of them but its not hard. you have to wash dry and seal all clothes and linen in your house including out of season poo poo. vacuum heavily before and after the spraying and then have your house sprayed where you have to be outside of your house for 5hrs. they also advice you to get rid of old electronics and cheap press board furniture because they can be in those as well. since i sweep every day anyways and i dont hoard old electronics all i had to do was some extra laundry and bag my poo poo up in trash bags for a week. My brother had to throw out his desk as well but he brought them in so gently caress em.

That sounds like a giant pain in the rear end, which some people might include in the phrase "it is difficult to get rid of them."

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Midnight Voyager posted:

That sounds like a giant pain in the rear end, which some people might include in the phrase "it is difficult to get rid of them."

washing clothes and sweeping / vacuuming is difficult youre right im sorry.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

snergle posted:

washing clothes and sweeping / vacuuming is difficult youre right im sorry.

Yeah but thats not all you have to do :confused:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh poo poo. I seem to recall this being posted here, but I would never be able to find it. The update is new to me though, and it's a thing where I was curious about the result:

Neighbors child has disabilities and won't stop climbing the fence, entering my house and "freeing" my dogs

(Update) Neighbors child has disabilities and won't stop climbing the fence, entering my house and "freeing" my dogs

If this story is accurate in how the poster has described the situation, I would consider it a happy ending!

I work in the human services field. I have never worked on the government side of it but I can give some perspective from the service-provider side. My employer provides different services for people with disabilities: residential groups homes, family- and independent-living supports, job coaching, stuff like that.

First, let's start with these parents. I'm not going to moralize about them, rather I'm going to look at their actions from what we call (or at least used to call, the jargon in this field changes every few years) a "risk-management" perspective. And if you look at it that way, yeah, they were pretty negligent. Their kid kept doing things that were quite physically dangerous and they appear to have repeatedly done exactly (a) jack, and (b) poo poo, in terms of figuring out a way to keep their kid from not accidentally drowning alone in a pool. Even jumping over the top of a six-foot (2 meter) wall is super dangerous!

In my work in this field, I have had many clients who did not have a great family life. I have had more than one client where their file contained a directive that said, if anyone ever came around claiming to be their family member, I was to immediately call the police. But in many cases, please believe me that this situation can actually be EXTREMELY GOOD for the person with the disability. I've had some clients of mine over the years open up to me and tell me about some of the bad poo poo they've had to deal with in the past. Some of them talked about this exact thing, how their family life growing up was so bad because their family just didn't understand how to help them. And all of these same people found new "families" over the years, by which I mean people they became close to even if it wasn't their biological family.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Dazerbeams posted:

Yeah, it wasn't "smart" to say it, but definitely the right thing to say. She's just projecting her guilt, about something she shouldn't feel any shame over

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

MarcusSA posted:

Imagine getting sued over a dinner at loving Chilis haha.

Not agreeing with the SIL's behavior but I also wouldn't pay for food at Chilis.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for writing a letter to corporate and getting a Chipotle worker reprimanded?

I said how slighted I felt by this girl who obviously didn’t care about her job at all and how she might as well have spat in my face, which I realize now was probably a little harsh.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Of course she doesn't care about her job you loving tool.

No one who works minimum wage or deals with customers for a living does.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We are in North Carolina. What protections should we be considering?

My [24F] brother-in-law [22] is currently in rehab in another state for opiate addiction. My husband [25] wants to offer him the option of living with us. Getting BIL out of his home environment is a last ditch effort to help him, however, I don't want our goodwill gesture to bite us in the rear end. We own our home, no kids, husband is active duty military, and I am a full time commuter student. We plan to lock up our medicine cabinet, guns, credit cards, and take inventory of pawnable devices. We have a rough draft roommate.renter agreement but what else should we seriously consider? Thank you for your insights.

The proper way to prepare for him is to tell him to find somewhere else to live and only see him at the holidays, at someone else's house, until he has been on thr straight and narrow for several years. Junkies will let you down every loving time.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

therobit posted:

The proper way to prepare for him is to tell him to find somewhere else to live and only see him at the holidays, at someone else's house, until he has been on thr straight and narrow for several years. Junkies will let you down every loving time.

quoting this awful post for posterity

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

therobit posted:

quoting this post for accuracy

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

remember that time my cousin got off opiates and hung out at my mom's house for a couple months. good times

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lutha Mahtin posted:

remember that time my cousin got off opiates and hung out at my mom's house for a couple months. good times

yeah I do remember actually, your mom sucks cock like a pro and cooks a mean breakfast as well lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Which one of my girlfriends(both F21) should I(M21) take to see my family?

Oh boy this is a doozy.

​So if you look in my post history you'll see that I am polysexual and am currently dating two of my longest and best friends, Alice and Jane. It's amazing. Alice is literally just the most hyper smol uwu bean ever. She's adorable yet the most kinky person I know. It's hilarious. And Jane has been my best friend since we were in our church's youth group together. She's helped me through many rough times. And I've helped her back a lot too. She's just plain awesome. I love them both so much. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

​Anyways, onto my dilemma. My parents are extemely conservative Christians. They don't know I'm poly or that I'm dating two girls right now. They'd probably disown me if I do. Our relationship has always been extremely strenuous. They gave me no privacy growing up, and never noticed the signs that I might need therapy, which I do have. Anyways, their 25th aniversary is coming up, and they want me and my brother to fly in with our significant others to celebrate. And I don't know who I should take. I'm worried about upsetting whoever I don't invite. And I'm worried they'll both be upset if I don't take either of them.

​TL;DR: My conservative Christian parents anniversary is coming up. I'm not sure which of my poly gfs to take, or if I should take someone at all. Thoughts?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I hope his parents murder him

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

he posted this earlier. I know, I know, it didn't happen

EP thinks polamory means her kid can steal my date.

Well, I found out people are never to old to be an EP.

​Bit of setup. I recently realized I was polyamorous and came out to my friends who are all poly and dating each other. And I asked two of them our. Both said yes and we all met up for dinner and dancing. And one of them had a physically abusive ex. That's relevant later.

The Cast:

EP: Entitled POS

EYA: Entitled Young Adult

Alice: Tiny smol uwu bean. Date #1

Jane: My first friend and longest friend. Had the abusive ex. Date #2

M.E.: Medical Examiner. Also 6ft and built like a football player

Names obviously changed.

​So Alice, Jane, and I went to a Brazilian steakhouse for dinner. If you've never been to one they're amazing. Basically, instead of ordering a meal servers walk around with all sorts of meat cooked in various different ways and you just eat what you want. It's amazing. And not the point of this story

​Anyways, we were all sitting there, enjoying the food, having fun, being pretty flirty. Normal date stuff. Alice is being her usual uwu self. I freaking love her. And Jane is being her normal quiet self. I lover her too. We're all having a blast. However, then EYA walks up to Alice. And starts being a arrogant prick.

EYA: Hey baby. You're too cute for this loser. Why don't you ditch him and come join me?Alice: No I'd rather not. I like these guys.

EYA: C'mon babe, you know you wanna. I don't know what he said to get such a sexy girl like you, but I'm way better then he is at making you scream.

Me: Look rear end in a top hat, she said no. Quit being a perv and get out of here.

EYA: Whatever man,

He leaves and I think that's the end of it. We continue. Have more fun. Innuendos are said. We're all comfortable cuz we know each other. When suddenly EYA comes back with EP

EP: Why won't you date my son? He's a lovely boy. And makes lots of money. Any girl would be lucky to have him

Alice: No I like OP. He's been my best friend for years. We on a date right now. F--- off

EP: Well then why don't you date him? He deserves a wife to cook and clean for him. (she's talking to Jane now)

Jane: Not happening. I like OP. He cares about me more as a person than an object. We're on a date. I'm staying here. (Jane's kinda a doormat at times so I'm super proud right now.)

EP: What? You can't both be dating him!

Me: They are. We're polyromantic. That means we can love multiple people. I love Jane. And I love Alice.

Jane: I love Alice and OP and a few more.

Alice: I love Jane and OP and a few others.

Me: We're trying to enjoy our date right now. So piss off.

EP: Well if you can love multiple people one of you can love my son. You! (She grabs Jane and tries to pull her away)Jane freaks out remembering her ex.

Me: Get off of her(I force EP off)I grab a server to get management. Jane is panicking so I'm just holding her close.

Management comes, I explain, EP and EYA get banned from the place. Alice and I take Jane home and end up watching Avengers: Infinity War there because we don't want to leave her after the incident. We all agreed after that we had fun except for the incident. We're going to Avengers: Endgame for our second date together.

​Edit: Holy crap this blew up! Thank you all for the kinds words! And a special thanks for the gold!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I remember the multiple times my cousin got off meth/coke/drug of the moment and lived in our basement. The last time was over 20 years ago and she still isn't clean today. We only hear from her when she thinks she can get money out of my mom. Meanwhile I was a teenager sharing the basement with a really hosed up person who was really manipulative because she was a loving junkie. It's not a good thing to expose kids to.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What's that you're all telling me? Don't get in the well? I'll get stuck? Pfft, I'm pretty sure I can dig my way out if I have to...

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Searching for niche vocab like uwu is cheating.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

"Oh lets lock the safe" thinks couple who do not realize that their brother will absolutely coordinate with a dealer to get them out of the house so the dealers crew can roll up to the house and load literally everything of value into a pickup truck.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

​Bit of setup. I recently realized I was polyamorous and came out to my friends who are all poly and dating each other. And I asked two of them our. Both said yes and we all met up for dinner and dancing. And one of them had a physically abusive ex. That's relevant later.

The Cast:

Names obviously changed.

​So Alice, Jane, and I went to a Brazilian steakhouse for dinner. If you've never been to one they're amazing. Basically, instead of ordering a meal servers walk around with all sorts of meat cooked in various different ways and you just eat what you want. It's amazing. And not the point of this story

​Anyways, we were all sitting there, enjoying the food, having fun, being pretty flirty. Normal date stuff. Alice is being her usual uwu self. I freaking love her. And Jane is being her normal quiet self. I lover her too. We're all having a blast. However, then EYA walks up to Alice. And starts being a arrogant prick.

EYA: Hey baby. You're too cute for this loser. Why don't you ditch him and come join me?Alice: No I'd rather not. I like these guys.

EYA: C'mon babe, you know you wanna. I don't know what he said to get such a sexy girl like you, but I'm way better then he is at making you scream.

Me: Look rear end in a top hat, she said no. Quit being a perv and get out of here.

He leaves and I think that's the end of it. We continue. Have more fun. Innuendos are said. We're all comfortable cuz we know each other. When suddenly EYA comes back with EP

EP: Why won't you date my son? He's a lovely boy. And makes lots of money. Any girl would be lucky to have him

Alice: No I like OP. He's been my best friend for years. We on a date right now. F--- off

EP: Well then why don't you date him? He deserves a wife to cook and clean for him. (she's talking to Jane now)

Jane: Not happening. I like OP. He cares about me more as a person than an object. We're on a date. I'm staying here. (Jane's kinda a doormat at times so I'm super proud right now.)

Me: They are. We're polyromantic. That means we can love multiple people. I love Jane. And I love Alice.

EP: Well if you can love multiple people one of you can love my son. You! (She grabs Jane and tries to pull her away)Jane freaks out remembering her ex.

Me: Get off of her(I force EP off)I grab a server to get management. Jane is panicking so I'm just holding her close.

Management comes, I explain, EP and EYA get banned from the place. Alice and I take Jane home and end up watching Avengers: Infinity War there because we don't want to leave her after the incident. We all agreed after that we had fun except for the incident. We're going to Avengers: Endgame for our second date together.

​Edit: Holy crap this blew up! Thank you all for the kinds words! And a special thanks for the gold!

i hate everyone in this

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

i swear i just found the first one on relationships normal, and his post history lead me to... that...

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Miserable Maid posted:

I hope his parents murder him

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pirate Radar posted:

Please tell me what this means so it's not in my search history. Also any of the others you know.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

underage at the vape shop posted:

Its awful that people have abused you and I dont want to diminish your feelings but getting even with them just puts you on an even level with them. Be better. By stooping to their level, by allowing yourself to be bought down, you're letting them win. People like that dig their own holes in life.

Un-ironic Just world fallacy? Abusers and cheaters win. That’s real life. Feel free to stoop to anyone’s level or they’ll never learn that there’s consequences for their actions.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Beachcomber posted:

Please tell me what this means so it's not in my search history. Also any of the others you know.

Oh I have no idea, I can just tell it’s a word not in the English I speak

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The Cast:

Names obviously changed.

And that EYA's name? Albert Einstein

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Which one of my girlfriends(both F21) should I(M21) take to see my family?

Oh boy this is a doozy.

​So if you look in my post history you'll see that I am polysexual and am currently dating two of my longest and best friends, Alice and Jane. It's amazing. [b]Alice is literally just the most hyper smol uwu bean ever.

Made it this far before I wanted to beat this person to death with a hammer

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Beachcomber posted:

I think it's just meant to evoke some bashful face thing, the two u being the eyes? Like T_T, but from Hell.

E: I guess like if you typed out :3: before we had emojis

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 9, 2019

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

for industrial use only

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Alice is literally just the most hyper smol uwu bean ever.

I can parse these other words, but I’m coming up short for a non-racist way to interpret “bean”. Help, does this I mean I am old?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Beachcomber posted:

basically you know those insane leftbook people?

it's a non-word that became a meme for a while and then became basically the leftbook version of "white knighting" (if you defend someone who's on leftbook's bad side you'll be accused of uwuing them because you want to gently caress them)

it's also just generally used as an emoticon/textual cutesy noise by obnoxious people

Minimum Syntaxing posted:

I can parse these other words, but I’m coming up short for a non-racist way to interpret “bean”. Help, does this I mean I am old?

this is going to sound odd even by odd-niche-slang standards but it's basically from the same kind of weird pet-owner-speak that makes people insistently refer to dogs as "doggos"

it is being literal, you are saying they are small like a bean

which makes reasonable sense for a kitten or puppy but not so much for a human

(it's also extremely associated with trans men i've noticed? i might be off on that but it seems to be A Thing)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the internet has gotten incredibly loving weird and i do not envy anyone who's trying to parse this poo poo who hasn't kept up to any extent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I feel like people have answered what uwu is and yet I’m still not quite understanding it. This is what it means to grow old and irrelevant.