Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

AITA for having made a fake Instagram account, managed to make my gf a follower, and posting inspirational quotes that help me?

quote:

My gf(24) is a bit naive/shallow, she started to follow a 'guru' on Instagram and she seemed to act according to what he suggested (even giving answers to her questions). The majority of her questions were about our relationship, and he always answered to her, and however only to somewhat attractive girls. My gf and I are of different backgrounds (she's from an immigrant family), so this guy always said to her "better to stay with someone similar to you" "think of your family" etc. For a time he seemed to make post specifically about her and she always commented asking for more suggestions. I think this guy was trying to hit on her. I made another account, posing as a girl, easily managed to get 150 followers, started to follow her and posted quotes in my favor. Like "don't trust people suggesting you to break with your man" and so. She unfollowed him, now I make a post a day that happen to support what I do. Like "better to stay with him for an hour than make things boring" if she was upset I've been too much time with my friends, or "true love is when he doesn't want to let you alone, even for a second" when I think another man wants to know her and I take her with me even to buy an ice-cream at the park. Somehow, things are better now. Only downside, I often think how long I could continue to do this, and if she would ever change - stop to listen to unknown people on Instagram.

TL,DR: I made a fake Instagram account to influence my gf opinions about me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

chemtrail huffer posted:

AITA for having made a fake Instagram account, managed to make my gf a follower, and posting inspirational quotes that help me?

rear end in a top hat but absolutely hysterical. And rather creepy in those replies. I hope it blows up on him and those are literal quotes that leads her to find the post.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hughlander posted:

rear end in a top hat but absolutely hysterical. And rather creepy in those replies. I hope it blows up on him and those are literal quotes that leads her to find the post.

An rear end in a top hat yeah but she sounds insufferable for listing to randos on social media.

I think they should stay together though so no one else has to deal with that.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

DemoneeHo posted:

It would be the opposite of a mohawk

:nms: an example off the internet

lmfao wtf

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

I think they should stay together though so no one else has to deal with that.

That was my reaction... On one hand, he found someone that gullible and his reaction is to go in full calculating/manipulating mode.
On the other hand, she's clueless enough that her worldview depends on whatever latest pseudo-advice she read online.

Yes, please stay together as long as possible. Also, you want your man to have a vasectomy.

Tell your man to get a vasectomy.

A man with a vasectomy will always keep you happy.

You can't spell good life without vasectomy.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Is my fiancée setting up uncomfortable scenarios on purpose to upset me?

quote:

I am a 35(f) and my fiancée is a 40(m). In the past 4 months it seems like another side to his personality is coming out. I can’t tell if this is him gaslighting me, if I’m overreacting, if I’m creating problems or if he has a personality disorder. At any rate something feels off. This is long.

The first incident; I went on his account and saw that he had messaged his ex girlfriend. She lives in another state and he told her he still loves her. I checked a month later and he told her that he missed her. She never responded and he has not messaged her again since February. I didn’t confront him because I felt like I shouldn’t have read that and maybe he was having a moment of weakness.

The second incident; We went to his job for dinner and he was hugging his female coworkers. It was supposed to be our date night but instead all he wanted to do was socialize with his coworkers. Later I checked his phone and he had texted his female coworker before we had went to dinner. He wanted to make me mad by him hugging her. She didn’t want to.

The third incident; We were having a romantic night together at home and suddenly he decides to send his female coworker a message and call her. I don’t believe anything is going on between them but it ruined the mood of our night. I thought it was very strange for him to suddenly get an impulse to text someone.

The fourth incident; On his birthday his ex girlfriend’s sister and mom had texted him and then I found him having a video chat with them. I get that people can sometimes remain friends with their exe’s family but I believe he knew exactly how I would feel about that. He introduced me on the video chat and they looked surprised. I believe he had set up that situation to make me feel uncomfortable.

The fifth incident; He posted on Facebook that he was waiting for his drink at the bar where he works. Typically he comes home after work but I’ve found out that on the days he gets off early, he sits at the bar and has 2 or 3 drinks. Over an hour went by and I finally called him asking when he would be home and asked why he didn’t call to say he was running late. He went on and on and turned my request into a “why don’t I trust him” conversation. Then he informed me that his coworker wants him to go over to his house to drink one night. Which would be 10pm. He said I could come with him or he would just take a cab home. This is the opposite of how he said he was when we first met.

I feel like he creates scenarios that causes us to have these huge discussions. He is also very obsessed about me changing my hair color, hair style and wearing makeup. I also noticed that he doesn’t respond to me if I comment or ask a question on his Facebook but he will with other people. He says how much he loves me and wants to marry me. I’m not sure what to think about this anymore.

TL;DR: My fiancé seems to set up scenarios that cause me to get upset. I feel like he does this on purpose. Am I overreacting or is there something a matter with him?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Incident number 2054 : I’m still not sure but I feel like there is something going on. I think I’m gonna wait it out and see for sure though.

BlackStar
Aug 21, 2004

chemtrail huffer posted:

That is some next level manipulation.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

chemtrail huffer posted:

The second half of this is just the plot to 'Mac and Charlie joint a cult' from Always Sunny.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
An unreciprocated blowjob is the truest sign of devotion. No it doesn't work the other way.

75% of women enjoy anal when done properly.

Don't listen to your mom, she sucks.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My mother always warned me about anal...

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

ad090 posted:

Is my fiancée setting up uncomfortable scenarios on purpose to upset me?

There's been a horrible murderer on the loose that's abducting people at night, did you hear that noise? Stay here, I'll go check!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

darkwasthenight posted:

Man, I don't really have any particular comment on their relationship but if I told my wife I'd been in a hot tub with two naked girls and seven other dudes there would be some loving QUESTIONS being asked, let me tell you. Also slight lol that she doesn't see a difference between skinny dipping at the beach and getting in a hot tub.

I thought only old people and deeply repressed christians were still scared by nudity.

I mean it's fine if "never let another person see you naked" is a rule that you've agreed on I just think that kind of rule is weird and shouldn't be implied, like the OP's boyfriend seems to think it is. And I'm guessing your wife wouldn't say "that girl and her lesbian friend got the bachelorette party of a lifetime" for having seen your penis

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 10, 2019

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Beachcomber posted:

An unreciprocated blowjob is the truest sign of devotion. No it doesn't work the other way.

75% of women enjoy anal when done properly.

Don't listen to your mom, she sucks.

Nothing is as empowering as covering your mans expenses.

Is an FFM threesome a good way to spice it up in the bedroom? More likely than you think

The only way to ensure the apartment is up to your standards is to clean it yourself!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

Is an FFM threesome a good way to spice it up in the bedroom? More likely than you think

The only way to ensure the apartment is up to your standards is to clean it yourself!

New cosmo covers looking good.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

I thought only old people and deeply repressed christians were still scared by nudity.

I mean it's fine if "never let another person see you naked" is a rule that you've agreed on I just think that kind of rule is weird and shouldn't be implied, like the OP's boyfriend seems to think it is. And I'm guessing your wife wouldn't say "that girl and her lesbian friend got the bachelorette party of a lifetime" for having seen your penis

If it was a sexual situation, getting nude and seeing others would be a huge problem. But it sounded like everyone was just having fun and being comfortable in their own skin. Also, hot tubs are kind of terrible for sex.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

If it was a sexual situation, getting nude and seeing others would be a huge problem. But it sounded like everyone was just having fun and being comfortable in their own skin. Also, hot tubs are kind of terrible for sex.

Yeah a hot tub is almost the opposite of a sexy situation, unless you really go out of your way to turn it into one

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

riiiiiight

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I mean, unless you can't even go to the public pool without turning into a creep, which I know is a challenge for many goons

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

They're oppressively hot and a breeding ground for bacteria.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

I mean, unless you can't even go to the public pool without turning into a creep, which I know is a challenge for many goons

no u

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Public pools always make me think of the soggy discarded band-aids that are always floating by...

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Except I didn't call him a dork or say it was easy?

"hasn't bothered" is an idiom implying easiness

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Public pools always make me think of the soggy discarded band-aids that are always floating by...

Sexy discarded bandaids

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

QuarkJets posted:

"hasn't bothered" is an idiom implying easiness

You're an idiom!

EDIT: Hey, sorry about calling you an idiom

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

QuarkJets posted:

“Don’t go getting naked in front of random people, especially when I’m not there” is not a weird rule at all and is probably pretty standard in normal, healthy relationships

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What if you're a lifeguard at a nude beach?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
its sexist to wear clothes and racist to keep the door locked. this is why i sit naked in a chair in the open doorway of my house

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No you see honey as a goon I felt nothing while sitting nude in a hot tub filled with drunken naked coeds, in fact I've actually been unable to achieve an erection ever since due to how platonic I felt in that moment

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sitting in chairs is ableist

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

You're an idiom!

EDIT: Hey, sorry about calling you an idiom

It's cool I wouldn't even mind being an idiom

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wanna be idioms together?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

areyoucontagious posted:

“Don’t go getting naked in front of random people, especially when I’m not there” is not a weird rule at all and is probably pretty standard in normal, healthy relationships

At the very least most partners would require some heads up for that

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for going skinny dipping over my (F21) vacation?

OP was in the same hot tub water as a naked penis, so obviously she's damaged goods now and probably pregnant

Also if the OP's boyfriend gets married I hope he tries to reproduce this "best bachelor party" situation of some friends hanging around drinking while some tits happen to be displayed

It is well noted in medical journals that water at 120F is most conductive for sperm transfer in the hot tub. Every hot tub is a sea of babies waiting to be made.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cynic Jester posted:

Casual nudity is the most enlightened way to live.

Fetch him snacks, fetch his heart.

Video gaming satisfies his hunter instincts without harming any animals.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You can store things between your buttcheeks, you don't need pockets.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Wanna be idioms together?

It takes two to tango

but just so we see eye to eye, if anyone ever sees your dong when i'm not around then we're through, I won't be giving you the benefit of a doubt

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

QuarkJets posted:

It takes two to tango

but just so we see eye to eye, if anyone ever sees your dong when i'm not around then we're through, I won't be giving you the benefit of a doubt

From now on? Or is this retroactive?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

CheesyDog posted:

No you see honey as a goon I felt nothing while sitting nude in a hot tub filled with drunken naked coeds, in fact I've actually been unable to achieve an erection ever since due to how platonic I felt in that moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Neighbor has been intentionally sabotaged multiple offers on my house [OH]

quote:

I recently had to move from Ohio to Utah for work and put my house on the market on Monday and have received quite a few complaints from realtors trying to show the property.

These include but are not limited to:

1.) Parking in both spots at my house such that potential buyers cannot park at the property to view it. (Intentionally double parking a truck horizontally to block access)

2.) Loudly riding his motorcycle back and forth in front of the property

3.) Hanging a Confederate Flag on his property during a showing with an interracial couple (that was very interested in the property and left in tears because of the treatment, canceled their offer).

4.) Revving the engine of his motorcycle with a Confederate Flag on it during showings of any persons of color

I have had offers pulled and have had people that were very interested complain directly to their realtor about how they will not be giving an offer because of the behavior.

I don't have the luxury of sitting down with the neighbor to discuss this as I am over 1600 miles away now. The neighbor never displayed any of this behavior while I lived on the property for about five years and is now doing this to intentionally ensure that the property doesn't sell because he doesn't want to deal with new neighbors.

I have already filed a complaint with the HOA but this is a situation where time is of the essence (currently paying for two properties and want to sell this house). I'm verging on civil actions at this point because he has been doing this since Monday from my understanding and has shown no signs of stopping or scaling back.

EDIT: HOA took this super seriously. The President of the Board did not waste any time to try and squelch this. The Association Attorney is now involved determining the next steps on what can be done to the individual but communication will be sent that this is unacceptable as it has made the entire area look bad and has made several Realtors and companies put what amounts to a black mark on the area.

HOAs.....good?