Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Media Bloodbath posted:

Which jobs have to worst 1-60 story/experience? I'm tempted to blow some money while the boosts are still in sale.

Paladin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Media Bloodbath posted:

Which jobs have to worst 1-60 story/experience? I'm tempted to blow some money while the boosts are still in sale.

Machinist

BUT 61-70 AIN'T MUCH BETTER HYUK HYUK

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Few things in this game frustrate me more than playing Triple Triad over and over to get a card to drop and continuing to not get it.

I must have beaten that lala by the Eureka guy like 100 times and I still don't have her card. Every time I go to do Eureka she's there, with her little card symbol... mocking me.

KIKIMOOOOOOO! :argh:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Arist posted:

Machinist

BUT 61-70 AIN'T MUCH BETTER HYUK HYUK

Anyone who dislikes a storyline about bringing power to the common people and fighting back against the nobles is an enemy of the revolution.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh I was just talking about the leveling experience, didn't realize it said story

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e: double post

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

the answer remains Paladin if we're talking quests, but at least 60-70 is a mild improvement

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Paladin is defiantly the worst story experience and I hope the 71-80 questline makes me go back to Uldah and be the new questgiver for sprouts to put an end to that poo poo.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Ciaphas posted:

the answer remains Paladin if we're talking quests, but at least 60-70 is a mild improvement

At least the mild improvement involves you doing actual gladiatorial combat, which we've been owed since level 1. Still poo poo compared to WAR and especially DRK.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Pld is pretty bad, but I could not for the life of me explain brd quests. At least I can remember pld being bad and even making fun of itself.

I think it’d be between those two.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BRD owns fuckr

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Good to know I can basically skip all the PLD cutscenes.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I love playing WHM but the CNJ/WHM story is dull as hell unless you're a big fan of the word "taint."

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Stormblood PLD at least has some nice solo instance fights. nothing on the level of the 70 steppes fights but they were clearly practicing how to make solo fights interesting.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Leofish posted:

Few things in this game frustrate me more than playing Triple Triad over and over to get a card to drop and continuing to not get it.

I must have beaten that lala by the Eureka guy like 100 times and I still don't have her card. Every time I go to do Eureka she's there, with her little card symbol... mocking me.

KIKIMOOOOOOO! :argh:

Same. I actually really like triple triad but I need more cards!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Dragoon 1-60 quests were not all that hot.

In other news, I cracked the case and now I look fly

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I have no memories of brd 30-50 aside from meeting an old elf guy by a giant log. This is probably a me problem rather than one with the quests but they left zero impression on me. I at least remember the comedy of errors that was pld.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

I have no memories of brd 30-50 aside from meeting an old elf guy by a giant log. This is probably a me problem rather than one with the quests but they left zero impression on me. I at least remember the comedy of errors that was pld.

You find your mentor trying to suicide by hoard of dragons because he has lost hope and you walk through a blizzard shouting "LISTEN TO MY SONG" to both save his life and rouse his musician spirit. You just do the FF13 equivalent of MAcross 7 (the good Macross)

It owns

And then 50 to 70 is you training 2 baby bards to chill and rock and roll together.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 11, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just played DRG for the first time in a few patches, and while I only had it at 60 it was way more fun than I remembered.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
50-60 whm was dire but I liked 30-50.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

And then 50 to 70 is you training 2 baby bards to chill and rock and roll together.

50-60 has felt more like being a couples therapist than a trainer :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Adel posted:

50-60 has felt more like being a couples therapist than a trainer :v:

Yeah 50-60 is "Well you're the queen poo poo of bards now so why don't you play mommy to these children"

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Arist posted:

I just played DRG for the first time in a few patches, and while I only had it at 60 it was way more fun than I remembered.

Yeah, I remember really disliking DRG, but it's atually very satisfying!
Bit weird still to have a GCD rotation that's completely set in stone, but hey ho.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I found the weirdo's Verranicus plays with: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/389802-No-Loli-Shota

Yoshi-p was right to slap that request down, christ people suck.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone who uses the term loli/shota wants to gently caress the children.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tashilicious posted:

Anyone who uses the term loli/shota wants to gently caress the children.

America, defending your right to pedophilia!

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

pedophelia and the sexualization of minors is actually a lot more culturally popular than you ever want to consider.

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

TheHeadSage posted:

I found the weirdo's Verranicus plays with: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/389802-No-Loli-Shota

I really have to hand it to Yoshi P for addressing that head-on.

That particular crowd of people, in any game/context, are so loving cringeworthy, and I'm glad he made it clear he doesn't condone that poo poo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Tashilicious posted:

pedophelia and the sexualization of minors is actually a lot more culturally popular than you ever want to consider.

"Purity Balls" are some horrifying poo poo.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

the panacea posted:

I'm also trying to get back in and finally experience up to date content once the expansion is out.

Anyone wanna share their HUD/UI layouts? I'm very unhappy with the default but I have no idea what I actually want to change.

This is from a while back, but I've mostly put everything down to the bottom. Basically everything that you might need to pay attention to has been moved down to around the hotbar, forgot to target something to make the bar show up but the target health bar and it's buffs/debuffs is just above the hotbar.

I mostly keep my attention to the hotbar so I can see when things are off cooldown, I've seen people put hotbars they don't actually click or have binds attached to higher up the screen just so they can see cooldowns, might experiment with that at some point.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

A moment of silence for all the players who wanted a future male viera. We'll always have cat boys.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
The lancer quests stick out in my mind for being the worst.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

50-60 whm was dire but I liked 30-50.

60-70 made me want to take a drat nap. I know they don't have unlimited writers, but it's downright jarring going from the quest structure and writing of DRK 60-70 into almost any other 60-70 storyline.

Sacro posted:

I was laughing pretty hard by the level 30 one. Maybe the guildmaster wants to tell me this blueberry fucker's tragic backstory before I get hooped into his dumb plan and forced to sort-of-kind-of kill him?

Vermain fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 11, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Sacro posted:

I'm doing them now and it feels like they just don't have the payoff they should. The whole thing seems like it's building up to Foulques having a change of heart and becoming a dragoon with you, and instead he falls in a hole and dies

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ImpAtom posted:

WELL ACTUALLY, IT'S EPHEB

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Draxion posted:

I'm doing them now and it feels like they just don't have the payoff they should. The whole thing seems like it's building up to Foulques having a change of heart and becoming a dragoon with you, and instead he falls in a hole and dies

Elusive Jump, but yes

not really

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

TheHeadSage posted:

gently caress. The thread got deleted right when I started reading it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
how long does the 4 person car mount take to get? and when is the last day you can get it?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holyshoot posted:

how long does the 4 person car mount take to get? and when is the last day you can get it?

Depends on how much you feel like grinding in Gold Saucer, and may 27th. I think that's the already extended date from the first day being hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holyshoot posted:

It's gonna run for two more weeks, ending on the 27th. The car costs 200k MGP. If you want the car, I would get 80+ on Fashion Report this week and the next two weeks. That'll give you 180k MGP as long as you do it each week before reset. The rest is easy to get if you just play Mini Cactpot every day, do GATEs, and fill out your Gold Saucer Challenge Log.