Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

As my [M22] boyfriend [M20] is slowly getting more open about what he enjoys in bed and his sexuality, I’m slowly getting weirded out, especially because what he enjoys is starting to get out of the bedroom.

Ain't no shame in wanting to be spic roasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
But did that one family get pancakes this morning

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sjs00 posted:

But did that one family get pancakes this morning

Sadly, they got waffles

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Barudak posted:

Sadly, they got waffles

Have you ever made a grilled cheese with a waffle iron? loving awesome.
For the record I have content irl that would fit perfectly for this thread I just don't believe in this internet therapy bullshit

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I am unable to read 'thot' and not think of this guy:

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for telling my wife that her dad isn't that bad?

quote:

So I've been married to my wife for four years now. She's 27 and I'm 24.

Ever since I've known her, she's been telling me what a terrible person her father is. How he's overbearing, never stops talking, incredibly abusive (too controlling, never gave my wife any personal freedom, etc.) and how she just hates him in general.

We went back to visit her folks this week. This was the first time I met them. My wife seemed kind of on edge the whole time we were there, but her dad was just....normal? Just like a typical old guy, into gardening and cooking. Completely average.

The whole ride back, my wife was still talking poo poo about her dad. By the time we got home, I was sick of it and told her that her dad was normal, and that however her dad had treated her was probably how mine had treated me.

My wife got really pissed at me for that, and is sleeping on the couch instead of with me. She said that I didn't get it, but I don't really see what there is to get?

TL;DR AITA for telling my wife that her dad didn't seem as bad as she made him out to be?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Beachcomber posted:

His name is Thoth dadblammit. He may have a hat made of deific semen but that doesn't mean he deserves being lumped in with thots.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ad090 posted:

Most abusers act completely normal around people they don't abuse which is why victims often have such a hard time being believed.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

ad090 posted:

That's so nicely naive. Wait until the mask drops, when you live a week with the dad.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Beachcomber posted:

Look at those barely-covered nipples! Dude is clearly out trolling for cloaca.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for lying to my ex husband, my kids and my workplace about having a medical procedure when I was really just on a mini vacation?

My ex husband goes to school and as such has decided he can not keep our two kids (2 and 4) overnight ever. We have a custody order that he fought me tooth and nail for 50/50 but he realistically sees them about 6 hours a week during the day because he “has class” and never at night because he “has to study”.

We have this unofficial arrangement where I won’t take him back to court to adjust the custody to a more reasonable schedule for his actual schedule as long he promises to be done in the next two years and finally get that job he has been claiming the university degree will help him get if I just give him time. He swears this area of study is the right one this time.

This is his fourth tray at college. He has two bachelor degrees and an associates. He has no job. He has been a full time student for most of our relationship apart from the 6 months he worked at my workplace (a job I stuck my neck out to get him) but got fired.

Anyway, I’ve been pulling long hours at work and working from home long into the night for the last 6 weeks. I am tired. I had been asking him to take more time so I could catch up on some sleep. He said his class load was too much and that he could maybe do an extra hour or two during the day. “How long of a nap do you need?” But when the kids are gone I do more than just nap. I work, I clean, I run errands I can’t take them to. I go to the gym. I pee in peace. I shower without having to ask repeatedly if they are okay from the bathroom.

I got tired of it and last weekend told him that I had schedule a medical procedure for Monday and Tuesday. He was hesitant to because he said he had some studying. He eventually agreed after some nagging from me.

I took the time off work. I told the kids mommy is fine and she will see them Wednesday. I packed them snacks and spending money. I made sure they had all they needed and then I checked myself into a hotel downtown and slept. I checked on them occasionally via text with my ex. They were having a tough time of it. I felt bad. But also I needed this. I was going to crack. I didn’t pick up any work phone or mess with any work. I drank. I had a drink in an actual bar for the first time in 3 years. I mostly slept and ate food that was awful for me. Tuesday I felt guilty and almost caved and went to sweep up the kids. They called at bedtime wanting me to come get them.

Wednesday morning I left feeling refreshed but guilty. What if I had died? What if I really have to have a medical procedure in the near future?

I could have told the truth and just asked for a vacation. But then my ex would have not taken the kids. And my workplace might have tried to guilt me into working while I was away. A vacation with the kids wouldn’t have even the same.

I don’t think I am an rear end in a top hat for taking the time.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for lying though?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I do not think she is the rear end in a top hat.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Stolen from the dangerous chemistry thread.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My work wants to live stream our office on our company website.

Hello everyone. I have a legal question about something the company I work for is trying to implement.

I work for a company that is based in Virginia. The department I work in provides 24 hour support for several different clients. At one point a client asked (IMO) a stupid question which basically equated to “How do I actually know you’re there 24 hours a day?” Instead of replying with the obvious answer of “Why don’t you just give us a call anytime to check in on us?” the owners of the company thought it would be a good idea to setup a camera in just our department’s office and live stream it 24 hours a day 365 days a year, publicly, to our company website so anyone can tune in anytime they want and watch us work.

My question is, are there are any legal implications the company could face from their employees or clients we support if this is implemented?

To be clear, this would be a public live stream that anyone who visits our website could view, not just the clients. Also, we handle sensitive information that is contractually not supposed to be shared outside the company.

Obviously this is something me an my coworkers are not thrilled about. It just seems very sketchy and an invasion of privacy. It could also inadvertently leak private data from the clients we support.

I appreciate any information out guys might provide.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for calling my husband a “disgusting pig” after his disgusting suggestion?

There’s a lot to unpack here.

Me and my husbands oldest son is 21 years old. He doesn’t go to college. He hasn’t had any “real life” friends since highschool. He spends all his time in his room being a recluse.

Over the last couple of years he has developed very toxic opinions. I can only describe them as an Asian-male version of what “incels” are generally thought of. He goes on sexist rants about how no girls want to date him because he’s Asian... which is ridiculous since his dad is obviously Asian, and also because he never leaves his room to meet any girls.

Anyway the argument at hand is about what my husband thinks we should do. He suggested - and obviously this disgusted me - that he take our son to a brothel so he can just lose his virginity and get a confidence boost. I should specify now brothels are not illegal in our country and our son is obviously of age.

This sparked a big argument between us that ended with me screaming at him and calling him a “disgusting pig” at which point he left the house to take a walk.

I know that yelling st your partner is very rarely justified, but I feel this is a rare instance when it is. He was literally suggesting we have our son lose his virginity to a prostitute. Am I wrong here? AITA?

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miserable Maid posted:

No it's not, stupid.

Oh no, you called me stupid, whatever will I do.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling my husband a “disgusting pig” after his disgusting suggestion?

There’s a lot to unpack here.

Me and my husbands oldest son is 21 years old. He doesn’t go to college. He hasn’t had any “real life” friends since highschool. He spends all his time in his room being a recluse.

Over the last couple of years he has developed very toxic opinions. I can only describe them as an Asian-male version of what “incels” are generally thought of. He goes on sexist rants about how no girls want to date him because he’s Asian... which is ridiculous since his dad is obviously Asian, and also because he never leaves his room to meet any girls.

Anyway the argument at hand is about what my husband thinks we should do. He suggested - and obviously this disgusted me - that he take our son to a brothel so he can just lose his virginity and get a confidence boost. I should specify now brothels are not illegal in our country and our son is obviously of age.

This sparked a big argument between us that ended with me screaming at him and calling him a “disgusting pig” at which point he left the house to take a walk.

I know that yelling st your partner is very rarely justified, but I feel this is a rare instance when it is. He was literally suggesting we have our son lose his virginity to a prostitute. Am I wrong here? AITA?

Verdict: she ITA. The brothel thing may be a bad idea for a variety of reasons but it's legal, your son is in a downward spiral, and don't shame sex workers that comes from the same toxic place his own growing sexism is coming from.

I don't think it's a good idea though, but it isn't disgusting or shameful if you are in a country where they have legal protection.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

just googled it and as long as the cameras are visible and the employees are aware of it its going to be ok.
doesnt say anything about live streaming tho.

live stream some piss in the bosses office

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

They also have to hustle hard as hell because the market is so jampacked now that the stigma of sex work has decreased

Yeah that bottomed out really hard, a lot of the camgirl types, even with good fanbases, are making like $20k a year. wow.

Honey Trap Queen
Jul 30, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miserable Maid posted:

No it's not, stupid.

Yes. Thot is shorthand for "that ho over there".

The more I learn about stuff like this and "thicc/attacc"* the more I understand why people like KM are so angry about white people appropriating aave without any base knowledge of what the words mean and why.

* Using cc isntead of ck is Crip thing. It originated in gang culture and white kids saw it online and picked it up and regurgitated it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ad090 posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Pick posted:

Yeah that bottomed out really hard, a lot of the camgirl types, even with good fanbases, are making like $20k a year. wow.

It's all twitch streaming now. You need to both have tits and be able to beat Dark Souls.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Universe Master posted:

It's all twitch streaming now. You need to both have tits and be able to beat Dark Souls.

It also doesn't actually pay well. It's one of those jobs that's assumed to pay well more than it actually does. And a lot of people hide/mislead about their incomes, and to some degree they have to, to get the suckers who will pay inflated rates.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA Mad at my wife’s “prank” and her reneging on promise?

Bit of a weird situation but given I just lost my temper really badly hoping to get some outside perspective

My wife and I (22F, 23M) are currently on holiday in Thailand. We took a short detour to Pattaya which has a bit of a reputation for sex tourism.

Now my wife and I are both very sex positive people. We are both quite hedonistic I guess, so long as you’re safe and enjoying yourself, whatever goes.

Now this is where it gets weird so if you’re not interested in dumb couples drama I’d stop reading here. I have always wanted a threesome and I’ve asked my wife many times. She has always shut me down but left the possibility open. On this trip she said she would provided I agreed to a threesome with one of Thailand’s well known “ladyboys.”

Note: I apologise for using the term, I suspect it might be offensive. But it’s the term everyone uses here so bare with me

I’m not interested in transwomen personally but if it got my wife to agree to a threesome with a non-trans girl (which is easily achievable while in Bangkok/Pattaya as well) I figured I may as well do it. She insisted we do the ladyboy threesome first since she said I would just go back on my word otherwise.

I guess you can see where this is going. We went and got a bar girl from one of the ladyboy bars and had a threesome. The next morning she said she was joking and was just loving with me. She said she wouldn’t do a threesome as she agreed.

Now I like a good prank as much as anyone but I thought this was hosed up. I lost my temper, yelled at her, called her names, and packed my things to go to another hotel, where I am now.

I imagine no one disputes my wife is an rear end in a top hat. But do you think my reaction was too much? To be fair to my wife we are extremely sex positive so it wasn’t traumatic or anything. It just felt like she betrayed my trust.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

MasBrillante posted:

Oh no, you called me stupid, whatever will I do.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have insulted you like that.

Honey Trap Queen posted:

Yes. Thot is shorthand for "that ho over there".

That's true, but the meaning is meant to say a ratchet girl, not an actual prostitute or sex worker, it's silly to claim that

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miserable Maid posted:

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have insulted you like that.

That's true, but the meaning is meant to say a ratchet girl, not an actual prostitute or sex worker, it's silly to claim that

I wasn’t claiming that. I was claiming that calling a girl a thot is the same as calling them any other insult that boils down to “you are a whore.” Because it is. I thought it was too obvious to be worth stating that that’s the connotation and not the denotation, but....

Like are you aware that the word “ho” meant an actual prostitute only 3 decades ago but do go cultural changes has come to be just a misogynoiristic insult? Because I’m familiar with the entire etymology, personally.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

MasBrillante posted:

I wasn’t claiming that. I was claiming that calling a girl a thot is the same as calling them any other insult that boils down to “you are a whore.” Because it is. I thought it was too obvious to be worth stating that that’s the connotation and not the denotation, but....

Like are you aware that the word “ho” meant an actual prostitute only 3 decades ago but do go cultural changes has come to be just a misogynoiristic insult? Because I’m familiar with the entire etymology, personally.

Once you've started talking about the etymology of words you have lost the argument more brutally than can possibly be articulated and should just take the L

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I feel like people have really lost the meaning of 'prank' on Reddit.

'My co-workers wrapped all my office items in tinfoil when I went away on vacation.'
Prank.

'My friends staged a fake kidnapping and had me sobbing in the back of their van thinking I was about to be murdered.'
No.

'Agreed to a threesome with a transwoman, thinking I was going to get the threesome I wanted afterwards.'
No.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Bit of a weird situation but given I just lost my temper really badly hoping to get some outside perspective

My wife and I (22F, 23M) are currently on holiday in Thailand. We took a short detour to Pattaya which has a bit of a reputation for sex tourism.

Now my wife and I are both very sex positive people. We are both quite hedonistic I guess, so long as you’re safe and enjoying yourself, whatever goes.

Now this is where it gets weird so if you’re not interested in dumb couples drama I’d stop reading here. I have always wanted a threesome and I’ve asked my wife many times. She has always shut me down but left the possibility open. On this trip she said she would provided I agreed to a threesome with one of Thailand’s well known “ladyboys.”

Note: I apologise for using the term, I suspect it might be offensive. But it’s the term everyone uses here so bare with me

I’m not interested in transwomen personally but if it got my wife to agree to a threesome with a non-trans girl (which is easily achievable while in Bangkok/Pattaya as well) I figured I may as well do it. She insisted we do the ladyboy threesome first since she said I would just go back on my word otherwise.

I guess you can see where this is going. We went and got a bar girl from one of the ladyboy bars and had a threesome. The next morning she said she was joking and was just loving with me. She said she wouldn’t do a threesome as she agreed.

Now I like a good prank as much as anyone but I thought this was hosed up. I lost my temper, yelled at her, called her names, and packed my things to go to another hotel, where I am now.

I imagine no one disputes my wife is an rear end in a top hat. But do you think my reaction was too much? To be fair to my wife we are extremely sex positive so it wasn’t traumatic or anything. It just felt like she betrayed my trust.

There is no :psyduck: big enough for this.

Honey Trap Queen
Jul 30, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blade Runner posted:

Once you've started talking about the etymology of words you have lost the argument more brutally than can possibly be articulated and should just take the L

luv 2 see white people dogpile on a black person trying to explain aave to them and use even more aave as a final slam dunk without any hint of irony. You are literally whitesplaining aave to a black person....

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blade Runner posted:

You are absolutely right that there is no point to getting men to acknowledge that some words are misogynistic bullshit, no matter how many cute new slang words you use to redefine it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah, "thot" sucks and it's just like "skank", you can't decouple it from the different ways sex is perceived for men and women

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Honey Trap Queen posted:

luv 2 see white people dogpile on a black person trying to explain aave to them and use even more aave as a final slam dunk without any hint of irony. You are literally whitesplaining aave to a black person....

Aww why did you spoil it :(

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

ad090 posted:

Even if you're correct (and that's a big if), what's your long game here, siding with your wife's dad over your wife?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I always thought thot standing for "that ho over there" was some kind of faux-black folk etymology made up by white people so they'd feel cool using the word, to be honest

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

tactlessbastard posted:

Even if you're correct (and that's a big if), what's your long game here, siding with your wife's dad over your wife?

gently caress the dad, obviously

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

tactlessbastard posted:

To put your wife in her place and make it clear you will never value her opinion over any man's.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Pirate Radar posted:

I always thought thot standing for "that ho over there" was some kind of faux-black folk etymology made up by white people so they'd feel cool using the word, to be honest
pretty much all acronym-based etymologies are solid bullshit created after the fact, because making up a fake acronym is so easy and other people will be like "oh ok!!" If the word isn't scuba, it isn't from an acronym

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Blade Runner posted:

I don't feel that "please don't go to a public event with clothes skimpy enough to see your nipples multiple photos online" is an unreasonable thing to expect whether vocalized or not

You heard him, men. No more shirtless mowing the lawn. (Please. God)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hello everyone. I have a legal question about something the company I work for is trying to implement.

I work for a company that is based in Virginia. The department I work in provides 24 hour support for several different clients. At one point a client asked (IMO) a stupid question which basically equated to “How do I actually know you’re there 24 hours a day?” Instead of replying with the obvious answer of “Why don’t you just give us a call anytime to check in on us?” the owners of the company thought it would be a good idea to setup a camera in just our department’s office and live stream it 24 hours a day 365 days a year, publicly, to our company website so anyone can tune in anytime they want and watch us work.

My question is, are there are any legal implications the company could face from their employees or clients we support if this is implemented?

To be clear, this would be a public live stream that anyone who visits our website could view, not just the clients. Also, we handle sensitive information that is contractually not supposed to be shared outside the company.

Obviously this is something me an my coworkers are not thrilled about. It just seems very sketchy and an invasion of privacy. It could also inadvertently leak private data from the clients we support.

I appreciate any information out guys might provide.

Lmao two words will kill this stone dead

"GDPR Compliance"

Any sort of photograph that includes a computer monitor with production data is a big no-no too, lol @ the whole idea really