Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I think it's a tad too low, it'd look amazing if the arches didn't just go into the front fenders flat... And that's nitpicking to extremes. Car owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea that rules so much. I'd want to do the same to a first gen Rx7 but not as extreme looking. Probably have to do that to get the Z06 parts to fit and work properly though.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

um excuse me posted:

I'm the pebble that'll rip the lip off.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

In the video he says it has hydraulic adjustable suspension, and it can be raised up to two inches. He's also got 335 tires in rear, 315 in front. That car is gorgeous and I fuckin love how ridiculously wide it is.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

shy boy from chess club posted:

Yea that rules so much. I'd want to do the same to a first gen Rx7 but not as extreme looking. Probably have to do that to get the Z06 parts to fit and work properly though.

Probably. The 240z and the SA/FB RX-7 are more or less the same size. Z is longer I think.
I'm definitely wanting a 1979 IMSA body kit for my SA. I don't like the later widebodies. I'm all about the bubble flares.

edit: holy poo poo the 240Z is *smaller* than a first-gen RX-7. In every direction other than height (0.5"). Not by much, but still.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 16, 2019

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Darchangel posted:

Probably. The 240z and the SA/FB RX-7 are more or less the same size. Z is longer I think.
I'm definitely wanting a 1979 IMSA body kit for my SA. I don't like the later widebodies. I'm all about the bubble flares.

edit: holy poo poo the 240Z is *smaller* than a first-gen RX-7. In every direction other than height (0.5"). Not by much, but still.

It is? drat, never would have guessed and at one point a friend and I had both of those cars at the same.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

shy boy from chess club posted:

It is? drat, never would have guessed and at one point a friend and I had both of those cars at the same.

According to Wikipedia. Only 6” at most, and I believe that was the overall length. Width was only about 2” difference. Even the wheelbase is shorter!
Sort of makes since, when you realize that the RX-7 is almost a decade newer.

otaku69
May 18, 2003

Powershift posted:

They have their eyes closed.

how dare you, I should report you for posting cursed images, everytime you post a picture of an F40 with it's eyes opened you kill a Kitten.

geegee
Aug 6, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, pony start..thank you. And now I remember it was a 720 after you jogged my memory.

Model R was pony start too, I think. It would have preceded a Model 720.

Bit late - just saw this.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

stevobob posted:

In the video he says it has hydraulic adjustable suspension, and it can be raised up to two inches. He's also got 335 tires in rear, 315 in front. That car is gorgeous and I fuckin love how ridiculously wide it is.

Hydraulic suspension, in the vast majority of cases, useless on a race track compared to any modern coilover. Form over function is where you start entering awful car territory.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Wrong thread or not?

Source: Some Jalopnik article

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Yeah that's bad.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Transmission sink?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
This is like those vessel sinks. Look neat but a bitch to clean. Unless you just spray it down with engine degreaser every other week.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Maybe it's supposed to be a <gendered bathroom debate> joke?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

Maybe it's supposed to be a <gendered bathroom debate> joke?

I doubt it's any more complicated than "Hey this thing is sort of sink-shaped, let's make it into a sink for our mechanic's shop. *Tim Allen grunt noise*"

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

wesleywillis posted:

Transmission sink?

Would make an awesome garage urinal.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Would make an awesome garage urinal.

You must be really long-legged.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Go find your choice of FWD transmission for a mens urinal if you're short :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Craptacular posted:

*Tim Allen grunt noise*"

need a bot to reply with this video any time someone mentions that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBmoQSHfO2U

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Craptacular posted:

I doubt it's any more complicated than "Hey this thing is sort of sink-shaped, let's make it into a sink for our mechanic's shop. *Tim Allen grunt noise*"

^^^ What you said.

Saw it on facebook thought "hey thats pretty AI" and I don't recall seeing it posted anywhere yet.

Also, I deliberately avoided using what is now considered a derogatory term for trans people.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 17, 2019

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

Fine. I'll correct myself. The best Porsche 911. :colbert:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a27505060/1999-honda-prelude-type-sh-by-the-numbers/

Now there's a road test worth doing.

e:

get in, loser, we're goin boatin

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 18, 2019

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Russian Mighty Car Mods rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taLvoVXFDmM

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

TotalLossBrain posted:

Wrong thread or not?

Source: Some Jalopnik article

New Carmageddon game is looking rad.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

First comment sort of struck me. Too lazy towrite it all out heres the translate

"You guys, tracks and track rollers are no good for you. I speak as a design engineer for military tracked and wheeled vehicles.
Who reads - put your fingers up - I'm talking.
You have the following errors:
1) The guide ridges on the track are too small. And it seemed to me that their sides were too overwhelmed. These are suitable except for a snowmobile.
2) the support rollers (which are below, with white tires) are too small. Large-diameter road wheels are used on high-speed GM - look at the design of tracked engines of any modern tank. Such small ones are suitable only for a very low-speed platform. Even tracked tractors will have more support wheels. With such, you only will take off your shoes and repair the suspension. Plus with such basic skating rinks you will not be able to use tracks with normal ridges, and this is the key point.
3) the drive and guide wheels hold the tape in the lateral direction only at the expense of flanges, which is not entirely correct - they must hold the ridges, then the loads will be more evenly distributed across the width and less likely to fly off. This item is not as important as others. But in any case, make more flanges, especially from the inside.
4) put the gate for security purposes, especially during the test. If at high speed the track breaks and travels through the cabbage soup, it will not seem that much.

P.S. I looked at the previous videos, in which the construction is described in more detail, I will add:
5) tensioning mechanism. On the one hand, it is no good, but on the other hand, this mechanism saved the design from other destruction.
Tighten the sloth with a screw, and screw the screw not firmly onto the frame, but through a pre-compressed spring. Screw the tension until less straighten the caterpillar, and the pre-squeezed spring will be needed at that moment when you have a caterpillar slipping or something gets into the propulsor, and the suspension travel does not suffice to compensate for this. When driving with maximum braking or braking with maximum braking force, the spring should not compress. The force of the preliminary compression of the spring in the first approximation is the force of the weight of the machine on 1 track. In any case, these parameters will have to be clarified during the tests.
6) suspension track rollers. Specify - is the full swing of the rear support rollers selected when accelerating? Is there any more stock? The geometry of the suspension does not provide a big move, and the characteristic given to the wheel (balance bar axis in your case) does not give the best. Bear in mind that during the acceleration, the rear track rollers are still pulled up by a track, and when braking - the front ones. Your car is not very low, the engine is powerful for such a mass. This point with the suspension should be clarified. There are other moments, but I already wrote a lot.
All these moments are reparable."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Post awesome AI car poo poo: If at high speed the track breaks and travels through the cabbage soup, it will not seem that much.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Sagebrush posted:

Post awesome AI car poo poo: If at high speed the track breaks and travels through the cabbage soup, it will not seem that much.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This thing loving owns hardcore. 1989 Sbarro Osmos.

https://dyler.com/posts/122/the-sbarro-osmos-back-to-the-future-with-a-futuristic-concept-from-1989

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u56bPJ9MS18

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They make cool cars and lovely pizza.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I honestly don't understand how I didn't know this existed.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Darchangel posted:

You must be really long-legged.

Nah just a short pee pee.

It would obviously have to be lowered a bit for that use.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

^^^^

something something, post above about short wanger, and extra long suburban above that....

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

oh, friend

you're about to go down the rabbit hole of airport limos.

The world used to be a magical place :smith:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Powershift posted:

oh, friend

Unfortunately it turns out that magic is the leading cause of most cancer and horrible birth defects and weird diseases, and the wizard community actively suppressed this knowledge for decades while vigorously lobbying against any restrictions on it. Now it is heavily controlled and outright banned in some jurisdictions.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Colostomy Bag posted:

Canyon-eeeeeeerrrr-ooooooooooo-wooo-wooo

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Powershift posted:

oh, friend

haha this is so silly and it owns

capitalism has no place for humanitarian desire tho and we are left in a generic world of the deterritorialized :argh:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

The future used to be so cool.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

So this is a wheel with an oversized hub, and the car's spoiler is mounted through the hub? I'm trying to think of things to say about this, and all I'm coming up with is "GOLLY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

fakeaccount posted:

So this is a wheel with an oversized hub, and the car's spoiler is mounted through the hub? I'm trying to think of things to say about this, and all I'm coming up with is "GOLLY!"

My brain can't comprehend how that would work