Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Plutonis posted:

People are saying the original writer was... Amoedo from Novo?!

It's from a guy called Paulo Portinho who ran for vereador (don't know how to say it in english) by Novo

It's a text he wrote in his facebook and somehow got to bolsonaro and he decided to share it.

It's really weird cause basically the text say that he lost, his government is a failure (because he is this just honest anti stablishment loner fighting he old corrupt politics and corporations, exactly like Trump)

edit: there is the possibility that Bolsonaro read it and just liked because it praises him as a hero and he is dumb as gently caress and decided to share it

Elias_Maluco has issued a correction as of 23:55 on May 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

nerdz posted:

so Bolsonaro made some changes to his catchphrase in the US, by saying Brazil and United States above all. Such a shameful display of submissiveness

Oh, it was dumber, it was USA above everything, Brazil above everyone. It's not even going for parity.

Also I saw Novo described as PSL Personalitte and that's spot on.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Elias_Maluco posted:

It's from a guy called Paulo Portinho who ran for vereador (don't know how to say it in english) by Novo

It's a text he wrote in his facebook and somehow got to bolsonaro and he decided to share it.

It's really weird cause basically the text say that he lost, his government is a failure (because he is this just honest anti stablishment loner fighting he old corrupt politics and corporations, exactly like Trump)

edit: there is the possibility that Bolsonaro read it and just liked because it praises him as a hero and he is dumb as gently caress and decided to share it

Yeah, Bolsonaro probably read it, thought it was praising him while completely ignoring the part where he is described as a failure. He might very well be the dumbest head of state Brazil has ever had, but still, welcome to #theresistance, Bolsominions.

Reclines Obesily posted:

i read an article saying the government is having trouble finding foreign investment, mainly cause bolsanaro is a twat

any truth?

Bolsonaro being a twat is part of it, federal government being a mess also doesn't inspire confidence for investors.

Even if Brazil had a sane government, the big foreign investors (US, Europe and China) have their own economic problems to tackle and Brazil is an expensive country to invest in if you're trying to get into Latin America. Bostonaro's entire economic plan is to destroy the public pension system (because that will inspire investor confidence for reasons), sell state assets and open the country to foreign markets, it is just not the season for it, even if said plan wasn't dumb as hell. Expecting that any foreign investor would want to put money into developing Brazil is incredibly naïve, they just want this country as a resource extraction colony and market for their technological products, always did, always will, it is the sort of approach that only serves to strangle local industry. The natural conclusion of full laissez-faire in the 3rd world is a minimal state that serves as a cop for foreign companies and their assets over a pile of miserable people desperate to be cheap labour.

Also.

https://twitter.com/zehdeabreu/status/1129499078126129155

ZearothK has issued a correction as of 00:44 on May 18, 2019

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I still think that President Dumbass just saw the opening paragraph of that piece saying he's a "gift" and that the system is bad and passed it along after getting it from one of his moist sons, but gently caress if it didn't have an effect. Feels like the domino has finally been tipped and it's knocking others down.

Even the libertarian trolls from MBL are coughing into their hands and leaving the boat. Bot services are trying to lift tags supporting the president but no one ther heavy hitters are stepping in.

Apparently there's going to be a pro-government demonstration on the 26th, which promises to be funny.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
At the same time, he actually might be expecting The People (the bolsonaristas) to go out on the streets to defend their president, putting pressure on the congress and STF to do what he wants

I dont see that happening, though. Maybe if MBL and the likes called it, but the opposite seems to be happening: MBL seems to be getting ready to jump out of the Bolsonaro boat

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

nerdz posted:

I recommend everyone reading the letter really. It's super bitchy, tries to take the blame off Bolsonaro and makes a pretty good point against neoliberalism at the same time

holy lol you weren't kidding

this is some straight up clown world bullshit

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
the letter straight up says that the privatization efforts are all corrupt and controlled by big corporations and the president shared it

his donors may not be happy

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

At the same time, he actually might be expecting The People (the bolsonaristas) to go out on the streets to defend their president, putting pressure on the congress and STF to do what he wants

I dont see that happening, though. Maybe if MBL and the likes called it, but the opposite seems to be happening: MBL seems to be getting ready to jump out of the Bolsonaro boat

To be fair, an armed column of tubby Barbecue Uncles heading to the country's capital would be loving hilarious. I wish I was good at graphics stuff so I could give the Bullet Farmer and the People eaters from Fury Road brazilian soccer t-shirts.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

nerdz posted:

the letter straight up says that the privatization efforts are all corrupt and controlled by big corporations and the president shared it

his donors may not be happy

Lmao

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Sephyr posted:

To be fair, an armed column of tubby Barbecue Uncles heading to the country's capital would be loving hilarious. I wish I was good at graphics stuff so I could give the Bullet Farmer and the People eaters from Fury Road brazilian soccer t-shirts.

Dancing the impechment dance

edit: as expected, Bolsonaro is already denying it meant anything:

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/poder..._source=twitter

He said something like "That text? you should ask the author about it. I just shared it"

Elias_Maluco has issued a correction as of 16:11 on May 18, 2019

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Elias_Maluco posted:

Dancing the impechment dance

edit: as expected, Bolsonaro is already denying it meant anything:

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/poder..._source=twitter

He said something like "That text? you should ask the author about it. I just shared it"

he shared it making it very clear that it explains actions that he's about to do. he says "read this if you want to be ahead of the facts"

kinda scary since the letter says that regular democracy is not working

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

nerdz posted:

he shared it making it very clear that it explains actions that he's about to do. he says "read this if you want to be ahead of the facts"

kinda scary since the letter says that regular democracy is not working

It's not like market-fellating types care to show even a slight appreciation for democracy anymore, though. Up until the 1990s they still felt the need to do that because it was all going their way, but since the oughts it's become kosher to flatly admit that between capitalism and democracy, capitalism will always come first. they say so in respectable op-eds in real media, even.

That the president echoes it is the worrisome part, of course, but then again....look who we're talking about. Torture-apologist, dictatorship-defending Bolso, whose clan cheerfully boasts about how it'd only take two soldiers to shut down the Supreme court.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

When the guy in charge of the Botnet fucks up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ZearothK posted:

Boldo

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I won't link the terrible video or anything, but apparently some rich guy was hunting homeless people for sport yesterday? what the gently caress?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nerdz posted:

I won't link the terrible video or anything, but apparently some rich guy was hunting homeless people for sport yesterday? what the gently caress?

IT BEGINS

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

nerdz posted:

Is there a news link for that? I remember seeing the headline earlier today, but didn't think it was that atrocious, can't find it anymore.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ZearothK posted:

Is there a news link for that? I remember seeing the headline earlier today, but didn't think it was that atrocious, can't find it anymore.

https://g1.globo.com/sp/sao-paulo/n...-de-armas.ghtml

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I checked Globo today to catch up on the news and:

1. Gusttavo Lima has a tailings dam on his estate that's about to break.
2. You can buy an assault rifle but it's a lovely Taurus and there's a long wait.
3. Gini coefficient has never been higher.

Then I closed the tab because that's enough for one day.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lmfao bolsonaros decree on arms ownership lets people take guns on airplane flights (meanwhile our air transport regulatory agency is desperately trying wants to reverse that part). We out americaed the americans.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Plutonis posted:

Lmfao bolsonaros decree on arms ownership lets people take guns on airplane flights (meanwhile our air transport regulatory agency is desperately trying wants to reverse that part). We out americaed the americans.

They still serve liquor on Brazilian flights, right?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Plutonis posted:

True capitalists cater to the long-neglected plane hijacker market.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
the art is poo poo but i really like this guy sometimes

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Collor under the bed is what takes it from good to great. ~

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Reclines Obesily posted:

drat thats some impressive protestin

it frustrates me so much when you get this level of protesting and my entire family just brushes it off as "lazy fucks that don't want to work loving around on the streets".

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
https://theintercept.com/2019/05/22/lula-brazil-ex-president-prison-interview/

Glenn interviewed Lula recently and it's a must watch.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/_michaelbrooks/status/1131714660284002304

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

hoiyes posted:

What's this season based on, impeachment?

According to the previews and what I saw of the first ep, yeah. It seems to be going for a any ideology is bad kinda of take

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm glad

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
While I would love to see that, I dont think is gonna be that easy. They are not going down without a fight

And even if he does falls now, what would happen? Nothing good, most probably

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

chaos reigns

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elias_Maluco posted:

While I would love to see that, I dont think is gonna be that easy. They are not going down without a fight

And even if he does falls now, what would happen? Nothing good, most probably

well, ask yourself who exactly could have the power to remove him and you got your list of potential successors. the same guys responsible for imprisoning Lula, incidentally. so yes, probably nothing good

butt, it does mean that they're gonna have to employ power directly and openly. and if the Party can actually beat the cops on the streets, there's going to be an opportunity to seize power

Lula libre

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Lol Trump hosed us over and didn't recommended our entry to the OECD after Bolsonaro sucked his dick. Art of the deal, dummies!

Update: he changed his mind again???

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

jesus christ he looks awful. can't wait for the military to take over

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

can't wait for the military to take over

pour one out for more poor people that are gonna get shot 80 times for no reason

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol if his presidency doesn't even last a year

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

obviously doesnt have the true political genious of donald j trump. sad.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

obviously doesnt have the true political genious of donald j trump. sad.

I can't wait for trump for trumps take on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is this all because of the letter he sent out on WhatsApp?