Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I hope she torpedoed their relationship to get a tattoo of a mustache on her finger.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

chitoryu12 posted:

Sex addict and my marriage....

That was written with one goddamn hand, fake or not

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

MasBrillante posted:

You don’t even have to read between the lines because the whole narrative reads like someone accidentally deleted key paragraphs out that would provide temporal anchors. My favorite part is the jump from “you were mean at the dinner” to “calling to confirm we weren’t coming to the wedding.” I kept scrolling back to see if I had missed something but there’s nothing to miss.
Haha, I did the same. Does “They aren’t coming to the rehearsal dinner” necessarily imply (to her) that the author would not attend the wedding? Idgi

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

That was written with one goddamn hand, fake or not

I mean some people really like dicks.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
I saw a really funny r/relationships thread sometime in the last year, and I remember there was one poster who made most of the best posts. Does anyone know what thread that was

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

chitoryu12 posted:

UPDATE - My [29F] girlfriend [27f] of 4 years just told me that she's pregnant...I'm a woman, so it can't be mine. But she swears she didn't cheat. What do I do?

To all the doods who have blown up their relationships/marriages over false pregnancy/paternity test results: THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE A PARTNER, YOU FOOLS, YOU UTTER SIMPLETONS

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

is that a senor wencas eye in the lower-left

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I (23/f) and getting poo poo from my bf (31/m) for expecting him to do his fair share

quote:

I literally got told to shove the rule list I made up my rear end after he read them and he has been a big bitch baby since then. I'm asking him for help because he has practically refused to get a job for 2 months now and I'm tired of spending my weekends doing dishes and cleaning the house. I have been out of a job for a week and a half due to losing a car and being unable to get to work and I just got hired today for a manager position, but he has the audacity to complain about me not having a job for the last 10 days. I did all the crap at home even when we were both working full time and he still refused to help. The rule list I made goes as follows (skip past if you don't want to read it, it's not anymore more than normal):

Thou shall not put dirty dishes in the clean side if the sink.

Thou shall clean small amount of dishes thou hast dirtied if they were for thy self.

Thou shall follow order as follows: if you cook, the other cleans. If the other cooks, thou shall clean the dishes.

Thou shall not leave dishes overnight if not soaking.

Thou shall not put plastic in grease unless thou intends to wash that plastic thyself.

Thou shall not let food rot inside dishes.

Thou shall not leave dishes all over the floor if the cats are done eating off of them.

Thou shall scrape food off thy plate into the trash bin before washing or putting it in the sink.

Thou shall not leave dishes all over the home.

Thou shall do their part pertaining dishes or the other shall only clean for themselves.

And I don't think this is asking too much but he's complaining that I'm getting uppity? He doesn't do much of anything around the house. He isn't the one that spends 9 hours cleaning the floors every week (our landlord made bad decisions with the floor and it is exceptionally hard to make it look clean). He has all of his poo poo laying around and he refuses to take off his shoes in the house EVEN when it's raining and muddy and has walked on my clean floors right after mopping every. loving. time. He throws poo poo everywhere and doesn't put things back where they belong and then has these annoying tangents where he's stomping around and throwing things while bitching he can't find anything.

TLDR: I don't know how to get respect out of this man and get him to do his part. He hasn't even put a ring on it and is barking me around like a maid. I told him I ain't his mama and to do his part or gtfo. What do I do?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Buy paper plates

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The age gap always reveals the lazy partner’s deliberate strategizing to remain as immature and lazy as possible. Of course that becomes harder the older you get, if you actually date people your age.

MasBrillante fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 23, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I (23/f) and getting poo poo from my bf (31/m) for expecting him to do his fair share

What the gently caress.

Has no job (actually refuses to get one)
Refuses to clean
Is over 30

How??? Why do people put up with this?

These are so loving baffling. Like what is he bringing to the relationship????

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
People hate dating.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

MasBrillante posted:

The age gap always reveals the lazy partner’s deliberate strategizing to remain as immature and lazy as
possible. Of course that becomes harder the older you get, if you actually date people your age.

sometimes its because of deep insecurities and/or a desire to control another person! really all of these things feed into each other

lol can't count how many times bartending that a barfly in his 50-60s referred to a woman his age or even up to ten years younger as, an "older gal"

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

MarcusSA posted:

What the gently caress.

Has no job (actually refuses to get one)
Refuses to clean
Is over 30

How??? Why do people put up with this?

These are so loving baffling. Like what is he bringing to the relationship????

Play 31-year-old games, win 31-year-old prizes.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peanut Butler posted:

sometimes its because of deep insecurities and/or a desire to control another person! really all of these things feed into each other

lol can't count how many times bartending that a barfly in his 50-60s referred to a woman his age or even up to ten years younger as, an "older gal"

I know a guy who started calling women his age “young ladies” in his late twenties and I absolutely expect him to turn into the men you poured drinks for.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MasBrillante posted:

I know a guy who started calling women his age “young ladies” in his late twenties and I absolutely expect him to turn into the men you poured drinks for.

Can you go wrong referring to basically any woman as a young lady? Even the ones who are definitely old would probably find it charming.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Beachcomber posted:

Can you go wrong referring to basically any woman as a young lady? Even the ones who are definitely old would probably find it charming.

I'd put that around 'my dear' on the creepy list of things to say to women but than again I'm in my twenties so I'm still young and hip.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Motherfucker posted:

I'd put that around 'my dear' on the creepy list of things to say to women but than again I'm in my twenties so I'm still young and hip.

I can see how there might be a fine line between charming and creepy.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It strikes me as patronizing, personally, and also gives me teacher/dad vibes. Not a great way to refer to a woman who's your peer in age/life situation.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

chitoryu12 posted:

I [16M] got into an argument with my older brother [26M] and told him he'll never measure up to our deceased father

update: I [16M] got into an argument with my older brother [26M] and told him he'll never measure up to our deceased father
:unsmith:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

Nah, if you call me young lady, I find it patronizing. It's like you don't see me as a grown, adult woman but instead as someone to young to know anything and take seriously. The only people who get a pass are 60-70 year olds, but that's the "they lived in a different time" pass. It still bugs me then, but not nearly as much.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Motherfucker posted:

I'd put it as 'usually creepy' as someone in my 30s, and I'm young but with sciatica-

I've seen a couple guys 'pull it off', but it's because they're not trying to pull it off, it's just who they are. there's not really the kind of signals that usually come with, like, a flirt or a degradation going on there

one guy would say "m'dude" or "m'dear" to people, another guy was just a genuinely kind and nice person, another was post-retirement age and would go from manly ditch digging man to loud swishy boi over a course of six whiskeys- it's a rare breed, but dude who uses 'dear' uncreepily exists.

it's when it's unnatural or forced or clearly aggressive that it's creepy and yeah that's usually

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I prefer to be called sweetcheeks myself. But not too much. If they persist I tell them that was my fathers' names, I'm Mr. Cumshitter.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beachcomber posted:

It is absolutely weird, condescending, and patronizing as gently caress to arbitrarily assign oneself the maturity level to designate people your own age with a diminutive just because they’re not the same gender.

Edit; Maybe you’re imagining some charming cowboy that uses diminutives for everything and everyone from his truck to his mom; but this is literally just someone drily describing women their age as young ladies while relating stories in the third person. As in, “I spoke with this young lady in the department.” See also: people who describe themselves as mentors to people who are completely unaware of it.

MasBrillante fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 23, 2019

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [21/M] parents [50s] don't want me to move out for fear of me having sex

quote:

Hello everyone.

As the title implies, I want to move out. My girlfriend lives in Salt Lake City. I currently live in Colorado. We both were in Salt Lake for the first year-ish of our relationship, but then I had to move because my health (Crohn's Disease) became very poor and so I moved with my parents back to CO (they previously were also in Utah.) Also, we are not LDS - but my parents are very conservative and I was raised Christian.

I now had life-saving surgery and started on a new medication (a couple months ago and now have all clear from my doctor and gained back 20ish pounds and still going.) I want to go back to Salt Lake where my girlfriend is. I have a fantastic job that is remote (web developer) and also go to school for my degree online.

I love my parents, and they're my current landlords (I rent a small apartment on their property for fairly cheap), so I felt it was best I discuss this with them.

I mentioned I wanted to move out to Salt Lake so I could be with my girlfriend, my friends, and make new friends - they said the decision is up to me, but ultimately I know they are putting pressure on me to stay. The primary reason they give? If I move out and am on my own I will be tempted to have sex with my girlfriend.

I can't say I share my parent's same values, but, while my girlfriend and I are very close (2 years together), we haven't had sex. We both have expressed the desire to try to wait till marriage - since we feel it is a special bond to share with someone. However, now, this viewpoint seems to be getting in the way of my personal future.

I would not be able to save as much as I could where I live now; but I could probably still manage to save about half what I do now every month. I also would have a better medical team to monitor me in the future if I moved to Utah.

I was hoping someone could provide some advice on how to proceed without ticking my parents off. I know I can do what I want - but I also would prefer to have their aid/blessing in the event something goes awry. I also can't shake the feeling that I am disobeying them if I proceed.

tl;dr: Parents don't want me moving out because then I might have sex with my girlfriend of 2 years.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Frankly anything more formal than "oi, fucko" marks you as a cop or a pervert

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

If I move out and am on my own I will be tempted to have sex with my girlfriend.

Well, they aren't wrong

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Tell them you will wear a chastity cage. You might even be able to convince them to pay for it so you can get a real fancy gold one with diamonds on it.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Haifisch posted:

They aren’t even trying to stop him. What a fuckin nerd

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
10-4 message received loud and clear.

I clearly lack the imagination/empathy to understand what it's like on the other side. Also, I've never called anyone that, so no worries on that front.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

My longer term boyfriend [M25] told me that I [F22] was not completely satisfying him in bed. He asked for an open relationship and now he has a FWB, but he's upset with me now for recently finding one as well.

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 5 years and a couple of months ago he told me he felt like he wasn't completely satisfied in the bedroom. I was pretty hurt by this but I can understand it because my libido has been very low due to the stress of my job. I asked him if he was just interested in trying something new and that's when he proposed the idea of an open relationship. This really hurt my feelings, but I didn't say no because I wanted to please him. I told him okay, but that I didn't want to hear about the sexual exchanges he was about to have. We agreed to keep things to ourselves if we got involved with anyone.

He has a FWB relationship with a girl he met on an app now. He told me that without going into detail about their relationship and I kind of just acted like she didn't exist until recently. Recently I met up with a guy I used to go to school with and we went out for drinks to catch up. We ended up hooking up that night and since then we've continued having sex. He's introduced me to new things and I really enjoy the sex honestly, it's better than the sex I've been having with my boyfriend.

I still love my boyfriend but the reaction he gave me upon finding out about my sexual relationship with a guy from college has me kind of upset and angry with him. He asked me if I had been seeing anyone else sexually and I told him yes without giving any details. He begged me to tell him what my FWB does to me and how exactly I please my FWB in bed. I told him I wasn't going into detail because that was what we had agreed on. He asked me if the sex was better than our sex. I told him honestly, but without detail, that I enjoyed sex with my FWB more because we had been trying new things.

He basically blew up on me and told me I'm not allowed to have a FWB. I said to him, "well you have one!" and he responded to me with "this isn't about me, this is about you being a slut." Truly unbelievable.

What the hell do I do in this kind of situation? Is it just me, or is he being unfair?

EDIT : people seem to be confused here. As I stated in a previous comment, my sex drive was low for a while but after a few months of him being with another woman, it started to pick up again. And every time I wanted to have sex with him, he would push me away because he was “too tired from already have sex” (with his fwb) or he would engage but he would half rear end it even when i was really into it.

if you’re gonna post a judgmental rude comment about how i’m “lying” about my low libido and how I hurt my boyfriend by having sex with someone else, then gently caress off. He spent months having sex with another girl and I had no choice but to reach out to someone else for satisfaction. HE STOPPED HAVING SEX WITH ME. EVEN WHEN I WANTED IT.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Bag of Hamsters posted:

To all the doods who have blown up their relationships/marriages over false pregnancy/paternity test results: THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE A PARTNER, YOU FOOLS, YOU UTTER SIMPLETONS

also holy poo poo gently caress that doctor

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Haifisch posted:

I spent exactly one night in Salt Lake City and upon walking out of a restaruant on main street around 10 PM I saw a young couple banging in their car. What I'm trying to say is that town is clearly a lust-filled sexpot and your parents should chain you to a boulder and make you stay in Colorado. It's really in your best interest.

e: holy poo poo :murder: the BF in that FWB story.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 24, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

HMS Beagle posted:

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

My longer term boyfriend [M25] told me that I [F22] was not completely satisfying him in bed. He asked for an open relationship and now he has a FWB, but he's upset with me now for recently finding one as well.

:sever: his penis and throw it in the trash

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
No clever title, I just hate this guy

quote:

I'm on mobile so the formatting might be a bit poo poo. I know the title makes it seem like an instant YTA and the fake names might make it seem like a shitpost but I can't think of any names that aren't too similar to the people involved or anyone I know.

I(26M) have been wanting to watch Detective Pikachu for the past few weeks. Unfortunately for me, after asking out 4 different groups of friends and my girlfriend (24F let's call her Joy), everyone is a lot more interested in Endgame. With John Wick releasing last week, I'm probably gonna have to wait till Detective Pikachu releases on Netflix because the hype will switch over to John Wick. The following started last weekend and the "date" is supposed to be tomorrow (24/05)

After a bit of pestering and getting an adamant no from Joy, I jokingly told her "Fine, I'll just go on Tinder" only to get a "Hah, like that'll work out". So I downloaded Tinder, where my profile was from 3~4 years ago, changed only the bio to "I just don't wanna watch Detective Pikachu alone" and got to swiping semi-seriously till I fell asleep.

For context, (I think) dating apps aren't exactly a thing where I'm from and (I think) I'm only above average in terms of appearance so expectations were low. So imagine my surprise when I wake up to a match (23F let's call her Jenny) asking whether or not I was serious about the movie. I excitedly said yes, asked when she was available and where she lived/worked so we could go to a theatre that wasn't too far away from our places/workplaces depending on the situation.

It didn't occur to me that I should tell Jenny that I'm in a relationship until I told Joy about the match. Throughout the entire time, I thought Joy was ok with it. She joked about how I'll end up watching the movie alone once I told Jenny. I came clean to Jenny ASAP and told her that if she was still interested, I'd pay for the tickets, popcorn, drinks, etc. and the "date" was still on. Normally, I wouldn't do this but I admit I was tunnel visioning pretty hard. I probably shouldn't have assumed it from Joy's replies but I also told Jenny that Joy was ok with it since it's just a movie and dinner (might as well right?)

Fast forward to yesterday, we were having dinner and I showed Jenny's Instagram to Joy. This is probably where I might be TA for possibly making Joy insecure by commenting on how gorgeous Jenny is (a sentiment that Joy vocalised first) garnished with an "I didn't think I could land an 8.5".

After desserts, I felt like Joy was giving me the cold shoulder. Nothing aside from a goodbye and no "I just got home" text from her. Till today, Joy hadn't replied to several of my texts asking her how work was, etc.

I've also asked if she objects to the "date" with Jenny just to be sure. No reply still. I'm still planning to watch the movie tomorrow. Joy might have just been too preoccupied/tired to reply. Am I over thinking this or WIBTA if I followed through on the "date"?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Kill the guy for using those names.

mathematematic
May 22, 2019

all over loving detective pikachu LOL. too insecure to go to a movie theater alone but brazen enough to go with a rando on tinder?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Vim Fuego posted:

No clever title, I just hate this guy

Laffo, getting side piece so you won't watch a movie alone

"Jenny, oh Jenny
Joy, oh Joy
A one woman man's what I wanna be,
But there's two perfect girls for me!"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Young man/woman is what you call a teenager+ when you want them to know you acknowledge they are maturing/have matured into an adult, but you're age gap means you dont give a poo poo about their opinions anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
What's that, buried in this thread?

quote:

So I met my fiance in high school, and we both fell in love pretty fast. I always knew he was a little weird, but never thought he might be diagnosed with something. We were best friends, so I couldn't really imagine being with someone other than him. Fast forward, our relationship started having problems after we got engaged (and also when we moved in with each other). We argue, have no compassion for each other, and say nasty things to each other. We've talked about having children in the future, and I always wanted to with him. Recently, my fiance's dad told me he has high-functioning autism. Suddenly, I feel like an rear end in a top hat for not understanding him, but also mad at his dad for not telling me earlier. AITA for not wanting kids with him now, and for even contemplating leaving him since I'm worried about my happiness and worrying if my kids turn out autistic? I don't hate on people with autism, but our relationship has been having issues because of it and I feel like I need to move on.....

Should I tell him about it even though his father told me to not to?? It's impacting us and I feel like he has a right to know..

not op posted:

ESH. He didn’t tell you he was high functioning autistic, why? Also you say you argue, have no compassion for each other, and say nasty things to one another.......? No compassion? Tell me again why you’re getting married?

OH, IT'S THE LEDE

op posted:

We started being like this a few months ago, not prior to our engagement. I guess when we moved in, his autism became more apparent and he has no empathy for me. This wasn't apparent before. I'm not sure why his dad never told me. He hasn't even told my fiance..

not op posted:

STOP. Your fiance doesn't know he has autism?

'op posted:

No he doesn't.. which pisses me off more. But if his father wants to keep it from him, it's not my place to tell him. His parents should have made him aware.