Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Veotax posted:

Zenos is still around wearing an elf now. I think he's only been in like two cutscenes so far though.

And yet the first thing he does is find a katana.

I still can't believe the first man to knock the WoL on their rear end was a loving weeb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I wouldn’t mind if Ul’dah burned to the ground, or Gridania, or Limsa. They’re all trash dictatorships built on explotation and slavery. The WoL would have done well to just forget about them and go hunting with Gaius instead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BisbyWorl posted:

I still can't believe the first man to knock the WoL on their rear end was a loving weeb.

It is only appropriate considering the WoL is also a giant weeb. The VERY SECOND they hear they can go to Fantasy Japan they go and get a katana, call themselves a samurai and start insisting all their attacks are in the pure untranslated original.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm unsure if this blurry enough to be legit.

It's an awful lot of words to say "You can bring the Repertoire effects to the next song for 10 seconds, and if you let it fall off naturally you get a 30s buffer to do so."

Hogama fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 28, 2019

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Captain Cappy posted:

I wouldn’t mind if Ul’dah burned to the ground, or Gridania, or Limsa. They’re all trash dictatorships built on explotation and slavery. The WoL would have done well to just forget about them and go hunting with Gaius instead.

Paving the way for a non-trash dictatorship built on exploitation and slavery (because they rule most of the other continents) to take over :v:

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Nanamo stuff

Originally I was a little bummed when they brought Nanamo back, but in hindsight it was a cool character moment for Lolorito, who was a pretty boring evil vizier-type up until then. He was smart enough to realize that the people wouldn't follow a boardroom of rich executives the same way they follow an aristocrat with a long and storied heritage, and by saving Nanamo's life he now has a lifetime of (begrudging) gratitude to shield him from any serious consequences from his business ventures. As long as he makes a token effort to keep his hands out of any pies Nanamo might find distasteful he can do pretty much anything he wants.

Now that's some good littlefingering.

Andrew Verse fucked around with this message at 09:09 on May 27, 2019

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hey guys, spoiler tags are a thing that exist for a reason

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Japanese game, remember?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Veotax posted:

Zenos is still around wearing an elf now. I think he's only been in like two cutscenes so far though.
Oh, that's right! I completely forgot about that guy.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Nanamo: Somnus has been a plot device since 1.0's Alchemy quests with Damielliot, and they still regularly talk about it as a black market drug in Limsa Lominsa and Ul'dah. I was fully expecting it to be related with Nanamo's "death" after the fact. The way the light leaves her eyes and everything just crashes to the ground definitely added to the drama though, so I can't fault anyone who expected her to really be dead.

Instead, I'm more interested in the ending of the cooperation between Ilberd and Lolorito. I can only imagine that Lolorito's ruse went on for so long because he was trying to protect the situation from being worsened by ilberd, who had been revealed to be a loose cannon even when he was in the employ of the Crystal Braves and Teledji-Adeledji. Yugiri mentions the Crystal Braves taking Raubahn to Halatali, but she says nothing of who gave the orders for his execution, so I gather that Lolorito did not command the transfer and that it was just another example of Ilberd trying to get revenge against Raubahn.

I'm still curious about what's happened to Yuyuhase and Laurentius. (Stormblood) Last we players saw them was before Stormblood, when they orchestrate the murder of the Ala Mhigan Resistance at Baelsar's Wall. When you reach Ala Ghiri and speak with Arenvald, he mentions that he and his fellow Scions found the two former Crystal Braves skulking around the area and turned them in to the Resistance. Later in the 4.X content, Raubahn speaks with the WoL about whether they should be put to death. Since then, we haven't heard anything about them. I really don't expect them to just disappear like that though, so I figure we'll see them again.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

SAM needs fewer buttons to be a little more controller-friendly. BLM still the controller king.

really want to level BLM but my inner sperg makes me want to hit 70 first so I can grind choco levels

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

SAM needs fewer buttons to be a little more controller-friendly. BLM still the controller king.

What is your setup like? I play SAM on controller and have enough space to include shinten twice and still have things fit comfortably but I have macro to swap out a few skills in and out for AOE situations. I can post my setup in a bit.

I have third eye, seigan, and merciful eyes on the back bars but I'm used to where they are enough that I can pop them almost as easily as my front bar skills. In Savage content I try to merciful eyes as much as possible to avoid pulling aggro from the tanks, letting them chill out in DPS stance is going to be higher rDPS than seigan over shinten.

This is all irrelevant in a month though :toot:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hogama posted:

Keep in mind there's a gap from 58-64 in the space between images.

Giving Redraw charges is good because I'm trash at remembering to use it, lol

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Arist posted:

Giving Redraw charges is good because I'm trash at remembering to use it, lol

It'll still never give the card you want.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

EponymousMrYar posted:

Paving the way for a non-trash dictatorship built on exploitation and slavery (because they rule most of the other continents) to take over :v:
Ah but this dictatorship is okay because it is specifically anti-religious. Also it has machines, which suggests Science and Technology!

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Blast of Confetti posted:

really want to level BLM but my inner sperg makes me want to hit 70 first so I can grind choco levels

Is there a trick to leveling your chocobo when you're level 70?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Here's my controller setup for SAM:

Shinten is on both my main bars in the same place so I can spam it easier
Macro 2 at the top swaps the AOE combo for Feint, Goad, and Merciful Eyes and Macro 1 swaps back to this.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bobfly posted:

Is there a trick to leveling your chocobo when you're level 70?
I assume it's because for the purpose of getting XP from kills they use your level, so being level 70 and killing near-70 mobs is the fastest way to get companion XP.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah you get 7k+ a kill instead of 200 at level 15

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have taken into account all your advice about how I definitely should not roll an alt and completely ignored it.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Leofish posted:

Given the lore around Gunbreaker being a Hrothgar thing, and how Hrothgar are all about their queen, I hope the GNB relic is Save the Queen. That sword hasn't appeared in XIV yet.

Also, where's Masamune? SAMs have Kotetsu and Kiku-ichimonji. I figured they'd go for Masamune out the gate, seeing as PLD already has Excalibur but maybe we'll get it this time around.

Abilities are cool but I want to know more about the weapons with names now.

That's actually pretty interesting since I was planning on going Hrothgar and it makes GNB somehow more appealing to me. It's weird that they never show a GNB Hrothgar in any of the promotional material (I suspect even the GNB armor they show wasn't made with the Hrothgar model in mind). I don't know anything about final fantasy outside of this game and until you mentioned I had no idea.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Do leakers ever sleep? Though this is only one "new" skill.

Purported actual RoF numbers. Leaden Fist is a new buff Dragon Kick gives to make up for the loss of vulnerability down. The extra words on Adloquium amount to "you can't spread a Critlo" because Emergency Tactics doesn't spread the Catalyze effect.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jeez I hope MP recovers faster naturally through a fight because expending 1/10th of your mp on a spell seems harsh

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo am I reading these right? I'll be able to put down a 1200 potency of shield with SCH every 90s? Lmao.

e: Sad that spread critlo is no longer the best thing, but it was kinda silly. It's still a 550 potency shield you can spread on a crit tho.

Truga fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 27, 2019

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Pigbottom posted:

That's actually pretty interesting since I was planning on going Hrothgar and it makes GNB somehow more appealing to me. It's weird that they never show a GNB Hrothgar in any of the promotional material (I suspect even the GNB armor they show wasn't made with the Hrothgar model in mind). I don't know anything about final fantasy outside of this game and until you mentioned I had no idea.

They've released a bit of lore on the official site, which is where we learned that the Gunblades we're getting are based on technology used by the Hrothgar in Ilsabard. The current speculation is either that the Garleans stole and modified the tech or they developed different gunblades independently.

I have to assume the GNB intro quest-giver will be Hroth.

They named the Hrothgar Queen Gunnhildr, which is a mythological/historical name in Icelandic lore but it looks kind of silly alongside the lore info for the Gunblade class. Gunnhildr appears in the Fagrskinna which you may recognize as a SCH weapon that drops in The Aery.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Truga posted:

Holy poo poo am I reading these right? I'll be able to put down a 1200 potency of shield with SCH every 90s? Lmao.

e: Sad that spread critlo is no longer the best thing, but it was kinda silly. It's still a 550 potency shield you can spread on a crit tho.

Like they said in the Live Letter, they've changed the damage calculations in this expansion so that might not be as good as you think.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, 1200 for a single target isn't that amazing, critlo used to be 900 but spreadable. What's amazing is being able to force a crit and then put the extra shield from seraph on top of that.

e:

this. this is the great part. A free critlo I can further enhance? Yes please.

Truga fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 27, 2019

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Leofish posted:

They've released a bit of lore on the official site, which is where we learned that the Gunblades we're getting are based on technology used by the Hrothgar in Ilsabard. The current speculation is either that the Garleans stole and modified the tech or they developed different gunblades independently.

I have to assume the GNB intro quest-giver will be Hroth.

They named the Hrothgar Queen Gunnhildr, which is a mythological/historical name in Icelandic lore but it looks kind of silly alongside the lore info for the Gunblade class. Gunnhildr appears in the Fagrskinna which you may recognize as a SCH weapon that drops in The Aery.

So, does that mean that the Hrothgar come from our world and not the First?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Pigbottom posted:

Yes, on the first they're called Ronso.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pigbottom posted:

I think they just exist natively on both, though they're called Ronso on the First

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

So as AST do I get the 8% or the 4%? Cause their wording is poo poo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
AST isn't a melee DPS class, no.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
Guessing that means lady will probably be the ranged dps up. Not sure yet how I feel about all cards being damage up but since that was the best buff out of the cards I don't hate it!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Truga posted:

AST isn't a melee DPS class, no.

Or self by 8% makes me wonder.

All of this could be avoided by just saying party member because usually IIRC ally only target stuff says target ally or the effect usually.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
I don't find that tooltip in any way confusing. It seems pretty clear.

You can target yourself or other party members.
If the target is a melee DPS, the buff is 8%.
If the target is anything other than a melee DPS, the buff is 4%.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

We heard ASTs love The Balance, so we made everything The Balance

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I'm interested in seeing what that card combo thing does for AST because so far all of the cards being the same damage increase isn't very interesting.

On the other hand, yay no more spire!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anyone have a good write-up on what we know about dnc so far? or how it will play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

anyone have a good write-up on what we know about dnc so far? or how it will play?

Here's what we learned from the live letter:

it is fun to dance