Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

good news, the my-cheating-boyfriend-wants-to-bring-his-kid-to-valentines woman broke up with him according to a comment. Reddit works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (F/25) boyfriend (M/25) travelled six hours to spend a weekend with his friend (F/25) in my hometown.

For context: - We are in a long distance relationship (6 hours drive). - We’ve been together just over two years. He also had a brief fling with the aforementioned friend. - His friend has made it clear that she doesn’t like me/doesn’t think I’m good enough for him.

So, I hadn’t seen my boyfriend (M/25) in two months (due to both of our work commitments and generally very busy schedules) and then I found out (through a Facebook post) that he had travelled down to my hometown last weekend and had spent the weekend with his friend (F/25). They had gone for food and drinks and then had had a night out, and he stayed over hers two nights.

What upset me was that he hadn’t considered to tell me that he was going to do this, and obviously wasn’t interested in seeing me or bothered that we hadn’t seen each other in so long. He didn’t text me at all over the whole weekend either.

What has also upset me is that he hasn’t ever actually been the one to travel to see me. I have always travelled to see him (we have both moved about a lot and the distances have varied, I have only recently moved back to my hometown).

I can’t believe that he would travel such a long distance to see a friend and not think to ask if I wanted to see him at all. I know that he’s absolutely entitled to see his friends and not me, but I feel like he’s willing to go the extra mile for her and not me. This isn’t the first time that there have been problems with this friend.

I have tried speaking to him about it but he got immediately defensive about it and said I was overreacting and upset over nothing. His ex girlfriend was also very uneasy about his friendship with this girl, and he keeps saying how much I’m reminding him of his ex.

I was cheated on in the past, and didn’t find out until 8 months later, even though all the signs were there, so I’m just worried that I’m making a fool out of myself again.

Am I upset over nothing? Or is it strange that someone would travel to their girlfriend’s hometown to see someone else and not even suggest seeing their girlfriend too? Is there a better way of making him see why I’m upset?

TDLR: I don’t know if I’m overreacting over my boyfriend (M/25) travelling six hours to spend a weekend with his friend (F/25) in my (F/25) homework when I haven’t seen him in two months.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for letting my brother get caught shoplifting and possibly ruining his career?

I’m a 17 year old female, just graduated high school and headed to university in the fall. My brother is 24 years old and was just accepted to medical school this April after applying once unsuccessfully. The whole family was ecstatic about the whole thing because it’s been his dream and he’s worked really hard for this. Getting to the important part:

My brother is an adrenaline junkie and has been doing dangerous things all his life. Ever since he was little, he would steal little things and bring them home. For the past few years, he’s been taking advantage of target’s lovely self checkout services and basically shoplifting stuff. A year ago he came home with a kurieg (coffee machine) and comes back with clothes, a poo poo ton of groceries when his receipt says he spent $20. My parents have no idea, just myself and my siblings and his girlfriend.

2 weeks ago we went to target to get some groceries and a couple shelves. He, of course, stacked the cart with clothes, shoes, ect. When we got to checkout, he told me what he was gonna do so I was just like okay whatever you wanna do. He looked really nervous though because this target was one we hadn’t been to before, him and his girlfriend bickered at the self checkout stand and then left without paying. I asked them what happened and they said there was a worker watching them so they would walk around the store a bit before checking out. They stopped by the bathrooms and whispered to eachother and I noticed a man in a batman t-shirt suspiciously walking by us several times. I observed him for a bit and saw he was walking to self checkout, talking to a family, and then the family walked out and he did not. I knew then, he was a secret security. There are security/employees that dress normally and walk around looking for shoplifters. I told my brother I didn’t feel good about this and he shouldn’t do it. He told me not to worry.

Long story short here, he got caught. Him and his gf got caught walking out of the store by the man in the batman shirt (I went to the bathroom because I honestly didn’t want to be there while they did what they were gonna do). They pleaded with the security and said they could pay for everything but target called the police. My brother now has a misdemeanor on his record and he has to report it. I’m pretty sure he’s going to have his acceptance taken away and won’t be able to apply again. Basically, I had the knowledge that he was probably gonna get caught and I didn’t say anything.

I told my mom that I knew there was a secret shopper and she was furious that I didn’t tell him or say anything. Now I’m spending my summer trying to figure out solutions for my brother. I feel like an rear end in a top hat for not telling him but I didn’t know 100% and he was so sure of himself. So, Am I really the rear end in a top hat here?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for letting my brother get caught shoplifting and possibly ruining his career?

We definitely need more doctors who love taking unnecessary risks.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

School Nickname posted:

In Ireland we have:

Red circle: loving Stop.
Amber circle: Stop unless it is unsafe to do so.
Green circle: Proceed with caution.
Green arrow (an extra set of lights adjacent to the circles): You may proceed in the direction of the arrow, assuming it's safe to do so and even if there's a red circle on the main set of lights. Traffic opposite you on the junction pre-turn will be stopped.
Amber arrow (an extra set of lights adjacent to the circles): Like above, but traffic opposite you on the junction can turn into the same road as you and you must yield to them. There will be traffic calming measures to guide you into this particular situation, to minimise your fuckups.

edit;

I live in a country where you can shift from rural to urban roads and vice-versa rapidly and you just can't puts lights up on every single junction. In rural areas with no lights at all people follow their own judgement and blaze 50+ mph through a podunk village with a 30mph limit ("ah sure I live here, I know the road!"), but when you hit a town/city you have to expect a driver who forgets that they're in an urban area or just says fuckit to the rules because they haven't killed anyone yet.

There are also many intersections with no signage in the US. The larger road has right of way and the smaller road has to treat it as a stop sign by default. If the toads are roughly equal, then everyone is supposed to stop. It’s pretty simple.

Right turns on red (after a complete stoo) ease the flow of traffic.

In Texas you can even turn left on red (alsp after a complete stop) as long as it is a one-way to another one-way.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (F/25) boyfriend (M/25) travelled six hours to spend a weekend with his friend (F/25) in my hometown.

For context: - We are in a long distance relationship (6 hours drive). - We’ve been together just over two years. He also had a brief fling with the aforementioned friend. - His friend has made it clear that she doesn’t like me/doesn’t think I’m good enough for him.

So, I hadn’t seen my boyfriend (M/25) in two months (due to both of our work commitments and generally very busy schedules) and then I found out (through a Facebook post) that he had travelled down to my hometown last weekend and had spent the weekend with his friend (F/25). They had gone for food and drinks and then had had a night out, and he stayed over hers two nights.

What upset me was that he hadn’t considered to tell me that he was going to do this, and obviously wasn’t interested in seeing me or bothered that we hadn’t seen each other in so long. He didn’t text me at all over the whole weekend either.

What has also upset me is that he hasn’t ever actually been the one to travel to see me. I have always travelled to see him (we have both moved about a lot and the distances have varied, I have only recently moved back to my hometown).

I can’t believe that he would travel such a long distance to see a friend and not think to ask if I wanted to see him at all. I know that he’s absolutely entitled to see his friends and not me, but I feel like he’s willing to go the extra mile for her and not me. This isn’t the first time that there have been problems with this friend.

I have tried speaking to him about it but he got immediately defensive about it and said I was overreacting and upset over nothing. His ex girlfriend was also very uneasy about his friendship with this girl, and he keeps saying how much I’m reminding him of his ex.

I was cheated on in the past, and didn’t find out until 8 months later, even though all the signs were there, so I’m just worried that I’m making a fool out of myself again.

Am I upset over nothing? Or is it strange that someone would travel to their girlfriend’s hometown to see someone else and not even suggest seeing their girlfriend too? Is there a better way of making him see why I’m upset?

TDLR: I don’t know if I’m overreacting over my boyfriend (M/25) travelling six hours to spend a weekend with his friend (F/25) in my (F/25) homework when I haven’t seen him in two months.

He is cheating but why is that even the threshold? He traveled to see someone for two days and they haven’t seen each other in two months.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Hellblazer187 posted:

Condoms feel fine. For me it's a lot closer to 5% than it is to 500% as someone else sad. Really the only thing I dislike about condoms is that you have to stop what you're doing for a minute to put it on. Small price to pay. Wear a dang rubber if you don't want chrilden.

Sorry about your broken penis dude. I agree that they work and use them if you need them but wow.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

She's not an rear end in a top hat, but that's one of the secrets you should really take to the grave. No one else knew and given her mom's vehement response, her brother is going to find out she's going to have to deal with a family shitstorm for a long time. Especially if he loses his chance to go to med school

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He shouldn't have fuckin shoplifted, then :shrug:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Are they actually dating? Because it certainly doesn't sound like they are. Also, where are people getting the idea that it's alright to be not be any sort of priority to their significant other? The guy didn't even try to coordinate with this woman after a 6 hour drive. That's willfully not wanting to spend time with her. So why is she still calling him her boyfriend?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Sorry about your broken penis dude. I agree that they work and use them if you need them but wow.

of all the weird digs in this thread, this is...at least top 10 weirdest

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MagusofStars posted:

So left turns on red are typically only legal from a one-way street onto another one-way street. The reason is that this means you don’t have to cross a bunch of lanes of traffic to complete your turn-on-red.

This is a rare enough circumstance that most cities hang signs in every one of the intersections where left-on-red is legal, since otherwise many drivers wouldn’t even realize they can.

Correct. It’s intended and expected in the road design. As a civil engineer who’s done my share of intersection/traffic design, when we’re designing a new intersection, we start off assuming all directions will allow right turn on red. The “no right turn on red” signs *only* go up if there’s a specific reason why not.

Nankeen’s Australian, which is why I asked about left on red. Right on red in Australia would I assume come with the problems you list, though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If he doesnt get caught shoplifting now he would have got caught later downing painkillers like hes method acting for Mad Payne

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for arguing with my dad about finding my underwear in his closet?

I’m a 15 year old female and I own thongs because I do sports requiring me to wear spandex and feel self conscious having panty lines. I’ve discussed this with my mom before and she understood and let me order some with my own money for use when I work out.

A few days ago I was going through an area in my dad’s closet where he had told me to grab a shirt for him and in a box underneath a robe, I found a thong that I’ve been searching for for weeks.

I immediately went downstairs and brought it up with my dad. He insisted that he didn’t know how it got there and I eventually gave up. I went back upstairs into the box and found 4 more thongs and 2 lacy bras, 2 of the underwear and the bras being my mom. I had been missing the two other thongs for months and was honestly very excited to find them.

I once again confronted my dad and he admitted him hiding them because he didn’t think they were appropriate for me. When I told him that half of the underwear and both bras were my mom’s he said he didn’t think they were appropriate for her, either.

We argued for a bit about it because I didn’t think he should’ve taken it from me without telling me or my mom and should’ve instead had a conversation so I could explain myself. He was pissed that I invaded his privacy and that he had the right to do what he did.

AITA?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm sure it works perfectly well when you're used to it, but turning right (well, left in my case) on red fills me with terror simply because it's not how I learned to drive. Red light not meaning "unconditional stop" just doesn't feel right!!

Although where I live we have some weird intersections where you turn right from the left lane which I know is bewildering to people who aren't used to it.

Anyway, content:

AITA for not telling my husband that I know his secret

quote:

My husband and I have been married for almost two decades. We have a daughter who is my favorite person on this earth. She is so fantastic. She will be starting her senior year of high school and is preparing to apply for colleges.

I was contacted recently by another woman, who informed me that my husband had an affair with her, and when she found out about me, he arranged to pay child support for their child under the table so that I wouldn't find out. She sent me a number of documents recording bank transfers, which I was able to match to transfers from our accounts, as well as photos of my husband with their child through the years. She also provided the dates of his visits to her, which line up with several of his business trips.

I was totally devastated and took the time to think it over and verify everything before I confronted my husband. I have decided that I am going to wait a year until I tell him that I know and file for divorce. It will be a terrible year for me but I know I can fake it since he's traveling for work a lot anyway. I have decided to do this for several reasons:

Our daughter will be applying to college soon and will be starting a really important year. I don't want to blow her life up with a divorce and the bombshell that her father was unfaithful and now she has a sibling that neither of us knew about.

My husband has many more financial resources than I do. I am well aware that if I file for divorce while our daughter still lives at home, he will leave me to care for her and will make me fight tooth and nail for monetary support and will likely drain me with legal fees, as he tends to be litigious. I make enough to support myself comfortably, but not enough to comfortably support myself and my daughter.

I fear that opening this door will open others. That is, I worry that he may have other children that I don't know about, which would only magnify the hurt for both me and my daughter, and I don't think that now is the time to handle it.

My question is, does my plan make me an rear end in a top hat? I feel slimy not telling him right now and faking my affection for him, but I fear for my daughter's wellbeing and my own ability to support us. AITA?

Edit: just wanted to add that my daughter will be 18 in September, so child support for the next year isn’t as cut and dry

DESTROY HIM!!

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 2, 2019

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

WIBTA for giving our daughter formula, without telling my husband?

quote:

We have a 9 month old daughter who has, up until this point, been raised on just breast milk.

Due to my levels of stress and my work not feasibly having enough flexibility for me to pump as much as I need to, my own supply has dwindled to almost nothing.

Through some wonderful mothers, we did have milk donated to us. However, our freezer supply is running out and these mom's have since weaned their babies.

I think our stash will last another month. So between 10 months and 12, we'll need to use formula, and then our pediatrician said we can graduate to cow's milk.

My problem is - my husband firmly believes wife's tales that say stupid stuff like drinking blue Gatorade will increase your supply. Trust me when I said I tried EVERYTHING. None of it works. It's simply how my body is. Every time I mention we'll have to start formula, he says "no, we need you to get back on (whatever voodoo stuff he's picked that day)". I tell him we did that and it didn't work. He says we'll try again, and refuses to give our baby formula. He says he "does not want a formula baby". He thinks it's inferior.

WIBTA if I start introducing a little formula in her meals each day, so that way we can have a mixed transition instead of cold turkey? With the rate my husband is being obstinate, he'll refuse up until we're out and she's due a bottle. She's an agreeable baby but I feel that'll cause undue stress.

TL;DR dad doesn't want to give baby formula for 2 months, we don't have any other options, I want to slowly transition with a mix in secret because otherwise he'll refuse.

Edit: thank you all who gave thoughtful feedback, I do appreciate it. Some of you have great points which I'll take to heart, from both those who said nta and that I am ta.

One thing I wanted to touch on. For those of you disparaging me for lying/omitting information from my husband, I want to point out a few things.

I have told him matter of fact many times that when the milk is gone she's going on formula. I would not say I'm lying if I chose to transition her instead of going cold turkey. He's never once asked what that plan would be like, and I am the only one who sets up her meal plans and bottles.

At the end of the day, I'm putting my daughter first. If he wants to argue with me about when (because it's not an IF) she starts formula, I'll do what's best for her. Which obviously would not be waiting until the last minute to switch. That's why I'd do it on my own time.

Regardless, he's off tomorrow, so I'll leave a message with the pediatrician and tell him we're going formula shopping on Monday. Maybe I'll stick it in our Amazon cart for giggles.

Guy doesn't even't get the baby's bottles ready and he wants control over what goes in them!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Gluten Freeman posted:

I'm sure it works perfectly well when you're used to it, but turning right (well, left in my case) on red fills me with terror simply because it's not how I learned to drive. Red light not meaning "unconditional stop" just doesn't feel right!!

Although where I live we have some weird intersections where you turn right from the left lane which I know is bewildering to people who aren't used to it.

"I didn't learn how to do that when I was a teenager" is a poor excuse for refusing to learn how to do something. It's what fat Americans from the midwest say when they see a roundabout for the first time. Do you imagine that you're smarter than a fat American from the midwest? Then prove it by learning how to turn at a stop light (when it's allowed)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Well, obviously I would if I was in a situation where I had to, I would just be very nervous about it the first couple times, which is also totally fair enough for any "fat mid-western Americans" to also feel when confronted with a new traffic situation!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for liking a game?

My friend has an irrational hate for the game Undertale. If I as much as refrence it he threatens to kick me out of our group chat and has almost cancelled plans because of me saying the name of it or even referencing his hate for it. He has given me reasons like its not fun and stuff but nothing that'd make him hate hate it. I try to not mention it but sometimes I accidentally say something or he overhears one of my conversations with another friend and he gets mad. Am I missing something here?

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
correct, i am a fat midwestern american with a phobia of roundabouts, my life is very difficult

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Gluten Freeman posted:

Anyway, content:

AITA for not telling my husband that I know his secret

DESTROY HIM!!

dude hosed up but made good on his responsibility to the kid, financial and parental, as best he could without blowing up his marriage. dan savage would approve

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Gluten Freeman posted:

Guy doesn't even't get the baby's bottles ready and he wants control over what goes in them!

NTA, it's hosed up that your husband thinks he can control how much breast milk you produce and is like... belligerently demanding that you produce more so that the baby doesn't have to consume formula? It sounds like he'll never know because he's a poo poo who doesn't help prepare bottles anyway. Maybe switch over now and hold onto a few of those frozen breast milk bottles just in case he turns out to be a raging rear end in a top hat and needs to be placated, "oh honey we got another donation". Or better yet, pre-make a bunch of formula, freeze it, and pretend that it's breast milk.

And good news: switching to formula will make no difference at all to your baby, your husband is an idiot.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

QuarkJets posted:

And good news: switching to formula will make no difference at all to your baby, your husband is an idiot.

all other things being equal, breastmilk is better for hormonal, immunological, and microbiotic reasons

but

the kid's already nine months old and all the solid science to back up the above statement starts getting fuzzy around six months. if the kid's been on the boob for nine months, what benefits there are to have, have been had.

also

all other things being equal, don't fuckin' emotionally abuse your partner you idiot gently caress
i want to fire this sumbitch out a second story window what the hell

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

nankeen posted:

correct, i am a fat midwestern american with a phobia of roundabouts, my life is very difficult

I had driver's ed. in high school. To practice on a roundabout we had to make an hour-long roundtrip to another town. Midwest, gently caress yeah! At the time, I think it was the only roundabout within 100 miles. There have been more of those filthy European circle streets popping up in recent years. Shameful.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Alex Honnold

There was a documentary that was pretty good- he didn’t get hugged by his mom so he’s got some weird deprogramming with regards to his adrenaline production

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Gluten Freeman posted:

loving men honestly! And I am one!

Also condoms probably don’t feel that different if you’re an American with a butchered dick with not much feeling in it but for a normal dick-haver they do greatly reduce sensation. Whether they ruin it enough for the guy to prefer no sex is down to personal choice I guess.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pvt.Scott posted:

I had driver's ed. in high school. To practice on a roundabout we had to make an hour-long roundtrip to another town. Midwest, gently caress yeah! At the time, I think it was the only roundabout within 100 miles. There have been more of those filthy European circle streets popping up in recent years. Shameful.

I want to see what happens when a bunch of Americans go to Canberra. From a safe distance.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roundabout construction in the US has increased quite a bit in the last decade since suburbs and rural areas realized its super cheap since you dont need to install lights.

This does mean, however, that typically the areas with the highest density of roundabouts are places with the least people like the midwest

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I want to see what happens when a bunch of Americans go to Canberra. From a safe distance.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
What.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Pvt.Scott posted:

this is an actual satellite photo of the cbd of the town where i learnt to drive lol, it was kind of like floating through space and constantly having to slingshot oneself around the orbit of planets. it was great for driving stoned and coincidentally had many, many drug-driving-related accidents

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I count seven roundabouts in that picture alone, and only a single intersection without one!

In high school the route my bus took went through this huge figure eight shaped roundabout and every time I went through it I thought the bus would tip over from the turns.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Forza Horizon 3 taught me how to deal with roundabouts: when the GPS tells you “at the roundabout, take the second left” it means you should floor it because some rear end in a top hat put grass in the middle of the road up ahead

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

It was a joke bud, granted, pretty niche

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Gluten Freeman posted:

I count seven roundabouts in that picture alone, and only a single intersection without one!

In high school the route my bus took went through this huge figure eight shaped roundabout and every time I went through it I thought the bus would tip over from the turns.
there were two more i couldn't quite fit into the frame. all the trucks going through town to reconnect to the highway have to navigate that cbd so you'd have huge semitrailers pirouetting on those roundabouts alongside all the 4wds and schoolbuses and random tractors, it was very exciting

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

That too! My mind just went to 'people like naming their kids after pop culture icons'.

Do they still make Princess Di commemorative stuff? I know my mother had that Princess Di beanie baby (she like most, was convinced it would someday be big $$$$$)

Uh does she still have it? Because that’s like the only beanie baby that’s worth something.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Taima posted:

It was a joke bud, granted, pretty niche

I had to google it, and yeah, that went right the gently caress over my head.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

DrManiac posted:

Uh does she still have it? Because that’s like the only beanie baby that’s worth something.

I have one so I had to check and nah it's really not

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Koalas March posted:

I have one so I had to check and nah it's really not

Apparently they are worthless because there were a bunch of versions. I thought they actually had value for years but apparently the ones listed on eBay for thousands never actually sell :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

dude hosed up but made good on his responsibility to the kid, financial and parental, as best he could without blowing up his marriage. dan savage would approve

Uh, is it just me or could he have told his wife and made her the offer the other woman was blackmailing him for instead of fighting something in court?