Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Barudak posted:

Why would my daughter look for validation and support from someone other than me, owner of the "Worlds best egg donor" mug?

Wow you managed to condense all of my feelings about this woman into less words, thanks

Sorry for double posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

He mentions something called 'himym'; what in the Hell is that? It is some term I'm not hip to? Is it like spelling women 'womyn'?

It's How I Met Your Mother, the mediocre tv show that ended like 5 years ago. In one episode the Neil Patrick Harris character decides that he's going too start applying the Lemon Law to his dates.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

He mentions something called 'himym'; what in the Hell is that? It is some term I'm not hip to? Is it like spelling women 'womyn'?

lmgtfy

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

An update from the OP whose mom wanted her to travel 2 hours just to wake up her coddled brother

UPDATE: my mother (50F) asked me to travel home to wake up my brother (15M) for school

quote:

An update on this post: /r/relationship_advice/comments/bvwtbq/my_mother_50f_asks_me_20f_to_travel_home_to_wake/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Hi everyone, I’ve had a lot of comments and messages since I posted this yesterday and I really am so grateful for the support everyone’s given me. I’ve looked into the golden child/scapegoat dynamic and narcissism in general and it definitely sounds a lot like my family dynamic, especially regarding my mother.

To clarify a few questions, we are from a white British/Irish background and no, my brother has no symptoms of having any kind of condition or additional needs, autism included.

Today I spoke to my mum on the phone and it didn’t go well. We made small talk for a while and I asked about how she was and how my grandad was (who’s unwell), and then mentioned my boyfriends cat suddenly died. She laughed and said it was ironic that I cared about that more than I cared about her. At this point I was shocked and asked her what she meant. She basically went on to say I was being selfish and that I didn’t care about her or the family, that I was blaming my brother when he had done nothing wrong and that everything I was saying was all about ‘me, me, me’. She said she would call my brother Wednesday morning to make sure he’s up, which I then said I would do (in the hopes it would diffuse the situation). She said this was unnecessary and it was pointless now, the damage was done. I got angry and said I was frustrated, I didn’t know what I could to do help but I didn’t think I was in the wrong for simply being unavailable to do something my brother is perfectly capable of doing himself.

At this point she got exceptionally angry and said I better stop talking otherwise she’d say some things she regret, and proceeded to reiterate how much she does for me that she doesn’t want to do and that if we love someone we drop everything for them and do what we can to help them. I basically said I had agreed to help initially when I would be coming home Wednesday evening, but then when plans changed to coming home the night before it made things very impractical for me regarding my volunteering and seeing my boyfriend.

All she did was repeat how selfish I was, that she hadn’t raised me to behave like this and that she doesn’t know what’s gotten into me. She said I’m 20 now so I should be able to sort myself out, implying she was going to cut me off and not let me back home. I stood my ground and said that 15 is old enough to wake yourself up and make yourself breakfast. She said that it’s not the principle of the matter anymore, it’s that ‘it’s not what you think about it, but the fact that you should do it anyway’, that I ‘always choose to make things about me whenever she has a rough time’. She said she wasn’t speaking to me anymore and hung up, so perhaps stupidly, I called my dad.

He just said how important it was that I say I’m sorry and that I’m wrong even if I don’t believe it, as that’s what he does to keep the peace, that I was in no place to criticise their parenting of my brother and that they ask so little of me I should always help when I can. I pointed out the time I had cancelled plans to walk my brother 15 minutes home from the bus stop, but it didn’t make a difference. I said I won’t say I’m in the wrong when I’m not, and he even agreed my solution for my brother to just wake himself up was easier, even though he was disappointed I hadn’t come over the night before.

He said ‘we all have to do things we don’t want to do, like now your brother has to wake himself up when you could be here to do that for him’. He didn’t know that I had agreed to come over on the Wednesday evening or that I had offered to ring my brother on the Wednesday morning- it seems my mum just told him I was refusing to help and that I had said I was ‘too busy for them’. I explained I hadn’t said that and that I’d simply stated the practical reasons I couldn’t help (even though I know some people said this was a bad idea, something about JADE, I was panicking and was trying to get my side of the story heard).

Long story short, he told me to not contact either of them over the next few days until it all blows over. I said it sounded like my mum didn’t even want me home anymore even though I move back this weekend, and he just said he’d talk to her. Sorry if this was a bit rambly and in-concise, I’m still reeling from it all.

TLDR: my parents have said I’m being selfish and that they’re disappointed in me for not travelling to wake my brother up. They’ve said it’s the principle of the matter that I won’t drop everything to help them, when they do the same for me, even though I’m mostly independent. They pointed out how much they do for me that they don’t want to do (no examples) and that I shouldn’t contact them for the next few days. My mum implied I wasn’t welcome back home and said she doesn’t know what’s gotten into me as she didn’t raise me to be like this.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

HMS Beagle posted:

It's How I Met Your Mother, the mediocre tv show that ended like 5 years ago. In one episode the Neil Patrick Harris character decides that he's going too start applying the Lemon Law to his dates.

Ah. Should have guessed it was something taken from a tv show.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
one would hope that folks dont actually apply any of those dumb ideas to actual real life but i suppose in the dumbest timeline i guess we do

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LadyPictureShow posted:

Ah. Should have guessed it was something taken from a tv show.

The dumbest thing about that is the character that made that law is a parody of PUA/Mystery types guys, so it's extra bad idea

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for kidnapping my dates and forcing them to watch bad movies?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Classic relationshits problem

AITA for not wanting my husband to put poop in our house?

quote:

My husband and I have two children, ages 7 and 4. Last week, our 7-year-old told me that a girl in her class told her that the Tooth Fairy isn't real. We had a discussion about it and my daughter thinks that the girl is lying. She said she believes in the Tooth Fairy and she also mentioned the Easter Bunny and Santa as well. This is what she tells me, at least!

My husband is upset about the classmate trying to ruin this for our daughter and possibly the 4-year-old should he find out from his sister. Next Easter, he wants to leave an actual trail of rabbit pellets (aka poop) in the house instead of jelly beans or chocolate candy like some parents do. (We have friends who have rabbits so this is how my husband would obtain said pellets.) He said he would put them on the hardwood, which can easily be cleaned, instead of on the rugs or carpet. I think this idea is disgusting and over-the-top but he thinks it would really further the belief that the Easter Bunny is real.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

DemoneeHo posted:

:ughh:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

wait so there is already a tradition of simulated chocolate rabbit poo poo?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

hawowanlawow posted:

wait so there is already a tradition of simulated chocolate rabbit poo poo?

It's called 'Jelly beans'.

Note: My folks didn't do that. Hiding eggs with goodies inside was enough for me.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Jesus, I really feel for anyone who wasn’t loving hugged by their parents. Not everyone has an equal playing field starting off in life but fucksake, the one thing that literally costs nothing but getting over your own dumb bullshit and people can’t do that for a kid, whether related to them by blood or not? This thread goes some dark places but this really gets to me, even more than some of the more overt abuse.

Hope y’all in this thread are doing ok, gonna go hug my kids til they get super annoyed at me.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm totally into skinny femme dudes so that would have been a great date for me. But if a friend sets you up on a date, and that date isn't doing anything egregious, you should probably make more than 10 minutes worth of effort and not ghost them. Just for the sake of the friend who set it up.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Help! My Boyfriend Thinks I’m the Reincarnation of an Evil Witch.

quote:

Q. Ethical breakups: My boyfriend, “Peter,” wants to break up with me. Obviously that’s his right, I know that, but it feels like I’m actually being irresponsible by just leaving. Peter has always had an interest in the paranormal and things like that. So do I, although I prefer M.R. James to actual, real-life creepy places. Over the past six months, however, Peter has moved further left of the socially accepted idea of normal. He’s become convinced that I’m the reincarnation of an evil witch. And sure, maybe he just thinks I’m an evil witch and wants an excuse to dump me. I’d actually be relieved if that were true, to be honest. Peter really seems to believe that I’m an evil soul, though, and is quite sad over this.

I just don’t know how to navigate this breakup ethically and respectfully. He’s not violent or a risk to himself, and there are plenty of worse conspiracy theories out there. On the other hand, he also wants to end a three-year relationship because he’s realized he’s dating an evil spirit. That doesn’t seem like the decision of a healthy psyche, and this has all just happened in a relatively short space of time. He doesn’t talk to his family—he’s always said they were weirdly religious, which seems relevant now—and he’s distanced himself from his old friends so he could find ones with the same interests. Right now it feels like I’m the only person in his life with a healthy dose of skepticism, and that it would be irresponsible to just … leave for saner pastures. But he’s a grown man and he doesn’t want me around anymore (since I am apparently unconsciously feeding on his purity), so is there anything I can do? He’s obviously not inclined to take my evil-inspired advice right now.

quote:

A: There is a complicated gray area in between “totally unreasonable/baffling but part of the rich tapestry of human weirdness” and “deeply concerning, time to call a doctor,” and I’m afraid this might fall into it. Certainly I don’t think you should stay in a relationship just because you’re afraid you’re the only tether a person has left to sanity—that’s not a reasonable or healthy burden to place on yourself. If you want to try to remain even distantly connected so that you can periodically check in and potentially try to intervene if or when his delusions do strike you as more worrying, then I think that’s worth doing. But I think this romantic relationship is clearly over, and to whatever degree you’ll be able to remain in his life, it’ll be as someone who cares deeply about his well-being and wants him to maintain a strong grip on reality. I think the best thing you can do now is accept that this relationship is over.

I don’t want to say that just because he’s fallen prey to a conspiracy theory/is experiencing what sounds like delusional thinking, you are necessarily in danger, but I do hope that if he ever escalates from “You’re an evil spirit” to “You’re an evil spirit, and it’s my responsibility to get rid of evil spirits,” you’ll already be far away and well-protected. To that end, I think you should make sure that you’re not alone with him right now. I know you say he’s not violent or a risk to anyone, and I’ll take your word on that. I’m not suggesting you need to call the police or put him in a psychiatric hold—I don’t think that would do him much good. But if he ever does start offering threats, please prioritize your safety.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

HMS Beagle posted:

:wink: PM me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Me (23F) and my boyfriend (26M) have an awesome relationship, but I just found out his actual height and it’s bothering me

quote:

I met this super cute boy at a bar and we hit it off immediately. We hooked up that night and I followed up the next morning. Within 1 month we were exclusive.

I’m a small woman, 5’1”, so pretty much every guy is taller than me. This guy I was talking to was about 5’2”-5’3”, which is obviously pretty short and he definitely looks pretty short around his friends and other guys - but being taller than me I didn’t really care at all. I’d even say I don’t like when guys are way taller so it was cool having a guy I liked be around my height. And so we’ve had an excellent relationship for the past few months and really click. We can talk on the phone for hours and not get bored, which I’ve never been able to do with another guy before. He’s just so interested in me and anything going on in my life, and I feel that way about him too, and we’re both interesting people who are “doers”.

Now that it’s summer I have been inviting him to my place to hang out on the beach for the last month or so, to which he has consistently made excuses and said no. Finally one day when he’s over he sits me down and tells me that he’s been keeping a secret, and he hopes I’m not mad. He never says things like that so my mind goes right to the worst and I’m like “oh god please don’t tell me he cheated”. Instead, he tells me that he wears these things called “elevator shoes”, which add 4 inches to his height, and he was embarrassed to take them off in public around me. He said he was going to tell me right at the start of our relationship but liked me so much that he was scared I would find it to be a dealbreaker, but obviously he wasn’t going to hide it from me forever. I of course told him that’s ridiculous, I’m not that shallow, and not to worry. I realized how many other things made sense now like when we come back from a bar late night and we’re in the bedroom and he always wants to turn off the lights before undressing...stuff like that. Other than that, he is ALWAYS wearing a pair of these things and has several. They legitimately add 4 inches to his height and it is next to impossible to tell. Crazy.

The truth is, I actually do care way more than I would ever tell him. While he is extremely muscular and fit in general, without those shoes on he is actually below 5 feet tall. I’ve asked him how tall he is barefoot since I’m 5’1” and he says 5’0” but in reality I easily have 2-3 inches on him, so he is about 4’10”-4’11”. He is incredibly, incredibly short. He has gotten more comfortable going barefoot around me and sometimes I just look at him and can’t believe how tiny he is. Like, bordering on midget size. For reference, we were at his friend’s house last weekend to pregame and none of us wore shoes inside, and the top of his head barely reached the shoulders of his friend who is just under average height (5’7”-5’8”). The thing is, he has a 9/10 face and body and when he throws on those shoes of his and we go out he looks drat sexy, and I am attracted to him, which I’m sure was the purpose of him starting to wear those shoes in the first place. Without the shoes though, I find how small he is a turnoff and am embarrassed by it to be honest. My friends have made comments about his height to me before, usually just things like “aww he’s so short it’s adorable, he’s perfect for you”, but that’s while he’s wearing 4 inch shoes and they have no idea he is actually 4’11”. I don’t know what to do because every single other aspect of our relationship is amazing but I’m not sure I’ll ever be truly ok with his actual height.

So I have no idea what to do. Ending our relationship over something like this feels SO stupid and shallow, especially when I love his personality and all the other qualities about him. What is the appropriate move here? Just keep dating him and trying to look past it, even when it bothers me a lot? Am I in the wrong here for feeling this way? What would you all do if you were me in this situation?

TL;DR: Boyfriend is very short, I didn’t care, but turns out boyfriend was wearing lifts everytime we went out and is actually extremely short (shorter than me), which now I care about. Otherwise I’m really into this guy. Have no idea what to do.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

LadyPictureShow posted:

Me (23F) and my boyfriend (26M) have an awesome relationship, but I just found out his actual height and it’s bothering me

He should have worn the shoes in bed, just like Costanza would

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
WIBTA for getting rid of my son's dog?

quote:

I have a 9 year old son with my ex. I no longer live with her but we share custody of my son and so I see her often. We're usually on good terms. About a year ago they got a dog which they both adore. I'm not a dog person myself, but the dog is lovely and I can see that she is really good for both of them.

A couple of months ago my ex had to go to hospital for several nights. She has some dog-owning neighbours who love her dog and were comfortable with looking after the dog for a few of days. However their goodwill eventually ran out and I ended up taking the dog myslef for a couple of nights. I was not particularly happy about this, and neither was my new partner who I now live with. It's not that the dog is particularly bad or anything, but I felt that I had no choice but to look after the dog because nobody else would - and of course my son wanted someone to care for the dog.

Once my ex had returned from hospital I made it very clear that under no circumstances would I be able to care for the dog again - and I begged her to get some sort of insurance to cover kennel costs incase she ends up too unwell to care for the dog in future.

Fast forward to this week and my ex is in hospital again. This time because she tried to take her own life (she suffers from depression / BPD). My son is staying with me for a while. Once again the dog is staying with the neighbours for a few days - but I know their goodwill will run out soon.

I asked my ex about insurance when I went to visit, but she told me she never did arrange anything. The neighbours say they are ok with the dog for a couple more nights but I don't think my ex will be better by then. My son loves the dog too and he will offer to take care of the dog himself as much as possible - but he's only 9. More to the point I simply don't want a dog in my home.

If nobody else is willing to care for this dog - WIBTA if I contact an animal charity and ask them to take the dog away? I know nothing about how much capacity animal charities have to help in circumstances like this - But I'm guessing that this might be a one-way trip :(

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Friend (25F) knew her cat (3M) had HIV but did not tell me (23F) . Now my cat (2F) is HIV positive. She refuses to take any responsibility in this

quote:

Basically a good friend of mine asked me to babysit her cat while she was out of the country. I have two other cats and they stay inside 24/7. No access to any other cats, they live very nice and are well taken care of. After about 2 1/2 months of her cat staying with us, one of my cats began to get sick. She wouldn’t eat, she was constantly throwing up and dry heaving. Runny poop, etc. so I after about a week of this is I took her to the vet. I was later informed that she tested positive for FIV which is essentially HIV for cats. I asked how this could happen and the vet asked if I had any other cats living with me. I explained the situation and tests were done on the others. Her cat was FIV positive. The vet explained that if the cats had fought bad enough, it could have been passed on. They had fought a bit when I first brought her over but I never thought it was that bad.

Anyway, I was still shocked and trying to understand how this happened. I informed my friend and asked if she was aware and she seemed incredibly casual about letting me know that she knows her cat is positive but didn’t think it was relevant to tell me because she never thought something like this would happen. I now have to have my cat on medication for the rest of her life and it’s costly. I asked her to at least help me pay for it considering it’s kind of her fault because had I known, I would have never let her cat be around mine. She refuses to help and even thinks it’s funny that I would even ask and pretty much said unless I plan on suing her she isn’t paying for anything. I am pissed and she is trying to act like I am over reacting by wanting nothing to do with her at the moment.

Am I being dramatic or do I have a legit reason to feel betrayed and pissed. Also is there anyway that I can make her pay for my cats medical expenses, by proving it was essentially her fault. Sorry if it sounds dumb I just really don’t know what to do.

At first I thought this would be a funny use of the spoiler tag but now I'm done, I reliase the op used the words cat and vet so much that it lost it's comedic effect. Please accept my apologies.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Re: short dude with elevator shoes:

I always felt bad for guys like that. The lady’s attitude is the prevailing one in popular culture and -surprise- it doesn’t make for a real healthy emotional state for dudes like that seeing as how you have to be BIG AND BAD or you’re not a man.

Sucks. And I feel for her too because poo poo, it’s not like she chose to feel how she does and she was lied to. Sucks all around.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Xik posted:

Friend (25F) knew her cat (3M) had HIV but did not tell me (23F) . Now my cat (2F) is HIV positive. She refuses to take any responsibility in this

At first I thought this would be a funny use of the spoiler tag but now I'm done, I reliase the op used the words cat and vet so much that it lost it's comedic effect. Please accept my apologies.

Maybe if you paired the story with the Debbie Downer sound effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdC3uhPeEY

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

AITA for telling my wife that I want her to be a SAHM?

quote:

(Some context): I’m American and my wife is Middle Eastern. Ever since we had our first child (8 years ago) we moved to her country. It was a mutual decision. I was raised by lovely parents and I have cut contact with all my family. She is very close with her family so I didn’t want her to be away from them. It makes me happy to see that the kids are growing up surrounded by loving grandparents and extended family, so it worked out perfectly for us.

The only downside is that my wife brings in more money than me and it honestly doesn’t make me feel good.

I received a really good job offer that is hard to pass. It pays way more than my current one. Unfortunately it’s in the US and that would mean we’d have to move there. It also requires many business trips. I told my wife I want her to quit working and be a stay at home mom instead. I explained that there is no one around I trust enough that will be able to take care of the kids so she will have to. She’s being stubborn though saying that being a SAHM just isn’t for her and that she loves working. But I know that there is no way she’ll be able to find a good job in America because of her race.

Her parents have told me that I’m being inconsiderate and that I should even reconsider the move. However, I feel like I’ve sacrificed a lot and now it’s her turn. Does this make me an rear end in a top hat?

quote:

If you hate it so much why arent you a stay at home dad?

It doesn’t work that way for us. We are a traditional family, she will have to make the sacrifice.

For the record, of course I’m not forcing her to be a SAHM if she doesn’t want to

What a piece of poo poo.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

LadyPictureShow posted:

I feel like that post is going to be permastickied on some short guys misogynist hate group forum with the headline “EXHIBIT A”

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being grossed out by a video game system covered in a porn skin?

Coming up with a good title for this one was hard tbh. Apologies for poor grammar A friend of mine has a Nintendo Switch with an ahegao face skin on it (if you don't know what that is, look it up) and he brings it into school (high school) all the time and plays on it constantly where everyone can see. I frankly find it disgusting and upsetting to see everywhere I go and this specific friend already has a reputation for being a creep. I tell him, often, that I find it upsetting and creepy (maybe not in the nicest way possible). My boyfriend pulled me aside the other day and asked me to stop mentioning it because it's hurting the friends feelings and getting personal. I said that I would stop making a particular joke about it (he would play with the joycons and I'd ask him to wash his hands) but that I wouldn't stop mentioning it until I had to stop looking at it. My boyfriend says I could just ignore it because my mentioning of it irritates him, but I feel like in this situation, my friend's want to display his skin is more important than my comfort. He says I've made my point several times and nothing has come of it and he's tired of hearing about it. I said I was tired of seeing it. I am not the only person at our school who finds it uncomfortable either. I'm just the only person who's mentioned it.

AITA? I really do feel disgusted when I see the skin in such a public setting. It's not that I'm prudish, I just think there's a time and place for everything and school isn't the place for that.

I'm presuming a lot for this solution but she needs to use her burgeoning white lady powers and narc this up the chain to someone in administration

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ad090 posted:

WIBTA for getting rid of my son's dog?

Weird how this dog-hater is so callous about taking away his son's dog while his mom is in the hospital.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

LadyPictureShow posted:

:ughh:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Xik posted:

if your cat has FIV and they're an inside cat, it's not a big deal. our 18 year old cat died recently, and he had FIV. didn't stop him, even if he was pissed for a while that he couldn't go outside to fight other cats anymore

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

HMS Beagle posted:

As long as they can try to keep their sanity with the help of their robot friends.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Beachcomber posted:

He will kill you for real within the first 3 years.

Depending on her health problems it could be a non-issue.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for sending my entire class an email telling them to not be so small minded, rustic and to expand their thinking?

Basically I'm 16 years old and I've lived in the same small town that's sort of like a mix between commuter and farm town for my entire life and with a few exceptions I've gone to school with the same kids since I was in kindergarten. We were all friends pretty much or at least friendly until about last year when I went to stay with my cousin in West New York for a summer and it totally expanded my mind. I got into really obscure anime, David Lynch movies and bands like Pearl Jam and Mother Love Bone, Indigo Girls and Sam Cooke. I came back to my home town thinking people would think it was cool and what not to learn new things but I was pretty much shunned me the entire year. Do you know how lame it is to go from walking around the MET and going to art house theaters every single day to coming back to find out your class mates are dabbing and talking poo poo about each other on Instagram and snap?

I pretty much kept to myself for the entire year but I got a "joke" invite to a guy's graduation party that I'd been friends with since he was like 5 and I was 3. I know it was a joke because he put on the title "I know you're not like the "other girls"..." yeah loving so funny rear end in a top hat.

So that kind of made me snap. So I gathered up all my classmates email addresses and a few of the people I used to be close to in the senior class that just graduated and basically told them how lame I thought they all are and how most of them will never know anything besides our hometown and they will likely marry the people they are dating now and just continue this toxic cycle. I told them to open their minds and try to take a road trip this summer and watch new movies and get off social media and like at least meet other people. Like who really cares if our city might go the little league world series again? There is so much more out there.

Well everyone is seriously making fun of me now and some people outright hate me. Was I the rear end in a top hat for doing this email?

He looks down on people getting high, yet believes that he’s really experienced David Lynch movies? I’m not buying this story at all.

Literally A Person posted:

Poor kid: "My brother and sister are in an incestuous relationship and are moving to a foreign country together. I am not taking this well"

Redditors: "Get woke, philistine :smug:"

It’s really just very elaborate masturbation if you think about it.

Don’t think about it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for exposing a man as a fake veteran before his wedding?

I'm from New Zealand and i live in Ireland at the moment. One of my friends, Kathy, is Irish and had been dating another kiwi named John. John claimed to be a member of the New Zealand Royal navy. I knew he was a phony from the beginning, since i am a member myself i noticed him wearing the uniform incorrectly on social media and when i met him at a party he told me stuff that didn't make sense such as serving in units that would've been impossible with his occupation and time he claimed to have enlisted etc. I have told Kathy and her friends my concerns but they never believed me because he had photos of him with groups of other navy guys on ships. Im guessing either photoshop or maybe he had a bunch of other phonies dress up on a ship or something idk.

I was able to get someone i knew in the service to search up his name and i found that he actually enlisted but was dishonorably discharged within a week of entering for bad conduct. Obviously this means he is not a lieutenant and should not have any uniforms. I get this information within a few weeks before his wedding. There's several legal ways to do this but i don't want to get into it for confidentiality.

Kathy's brother emailed around 1600 making announcements for the wedding. This allowed me to get everyone's emails. I sent an email explaining all the discrepancies of his uniforms, stories he told, and finally proof submitting his discharge papers. Kathy decided to cancel the wedding and there was massive flame war that occurred, via email. I didn't even know that was possible but it happened. People went on saying how was a scumbag that should've minded my own business. Other people have told me that i should've told Kathy this privately but i feel everyone should've known that this man was a lying piece of poo poo. Kathy was initially angry but has now thanked me. I have gotten angry hate mail from John's family but I've ignored it

Te Taua Moana o Aotearoa, ("Warriors of the Sea of New Zealand")

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

tehinternet posted:

Re: short dude with elevator shoes:

I always felt bad for guys like that. The lady’s attitude is the prevailing one in popular culture and -surprise- it doesn’t make for a real healthy emotional state for dudes like that seeing as how you have to be BIG AND BAD or you’re not a man.

Sucks. And I feel for her too because poo poo, it’s not like she chose to feel how she does and she was lied to. Sucks all around.

I agree, and we're all pretty conditioned to many various beauty standards and the like, and it's often difficult to break away from, hell, most people won't even admit it.

I think it's pretty lovely that she went "it's ridiculous that you think I'd feel that way" when in reality she thinks it's ridiculous AND she feels that way. If she were moving past it, it might be a white lie of sorts, but if she's not, it's pretty much gaslighting.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

christmas boots posted:

It’s really just very elaborate masturbation if you think about it.

Don’t think about it.

Opposite gender twins are never identical. They're no more than siblings who happen to share a womb.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

gently caress Your Website posted:

I feel like that post is going to be permastickied on some short guys misogynist hate group forum with the headline “EXHIBIT A”

oh I'm very sure that mgtow is already citing it

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I mostly want to know how you date someone for several months and not notice they always wear four-inch elevator shoes.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

ParserGirl posted:

Opposite gender twins are never identical. They're no more than siblings who happen to share a womb.

Oh, I guess that makes it okay then? :psyduck:

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

I mostly want to know how you date someone for several months and not notice they always wear four-inch elevator shoes.

Dude clearly has spent time learning how to hide it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

Wide-trousered pants with long cuffs?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Antivehicular posted:

Well, they're not like platform shoes where it's a big ol' sole; I think they're more disguised with a normal-looking sole with the shoe's insole making up some of the height boost.

Or he just wore those huge JNCOs so the shoes are always covered.

E: a diagram!

E2: this elevator shoe site is hilarious

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

poo poo, now I want a pair of elevator sneakers for basketball. FLAWLESS STRATEGY