Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol an AliExpress selfown; wanted some cheap shorts for in the garden, these came up on the ‘hot deals’ page for about a tenner and they actually had them in sizes bigger than a child might need:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32975759875.html

Should have looked closer, they are not all-cotton, the main black part is pure unbreathable nylon, no inner. I have had them on sitting on my bed for 10mins in a regular temperature room and my thighs are already sweating. Of course, nylon has no give in it either so I feel they will explode at the balls the first time I step higher than a doorstep.

Just pretend that's your fetish. That way you haven't wasted :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

NoneMoreNegative posted:

tsk, I saw a jacket that I thought would really suit a friend:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32914040843.html

was all ready to order but had a look at the user photos / reviews, yeah that's not even a good knockoff you're selling mate :mad: And of course the internet is flooded with so many of the KO versions that trying to google image the original source of the pics is needle-in-haystack time. Bah.

If you happen to find the original for sale could you PM me or post it in the thread? I know someone that would love this.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

also stop trying to dunk on the person who is doing something unless you link evidence you're doing something better and more effective on a $/$ basis (this is the Aliexpress thread after all)

I donated 36k to charities in 2015 so I am qualified to say that they are a valid target for dunking on. PM me for my tax reports.

I bought a bunch of PC watercooling gear on AE. The fittings are all pretty great, same quality as bitspower stuff. I doubt the cold plates are as good as say EK, but they perform fine. They also sell nice copper radiators with great fin density
They respond really fast to questions and they have checked all my orders for parts compatibility before shipping even catching a few mismatches I didnt notice.
https://pro2mod.aliexpress.com/store/3002061?spm=2114.10010108.0.0.24a4752bTKntJw

You can get most of the same stuff on amazon for a minor markup which is nice if you are just missing one thing to complete the build and you want to stay matching.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 5, 2019

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

Fauxtool posted:

I donated 36k to charities in 2015 so I am qualified to say that they are a valid target for dunking on. PM me for my tax reports.

If by 36k you don't mean 36,000 backpacks you are clearly out of touch and need to conduct an n=1000 survey on the short and long term needs of a diverse group of homeless people before you even dare think about suggesting you want to do something charitable that isn't 100% min/maxed.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

s.i.r.e. posted:

If you happen to find the original for sale could you PM me or post it in the thread? I know someone that would love this.

Did a bit more sleuthing, best I could find was this german seller on amazon,

https://www.amazon.de/Mayaadi-Kunst-Lederjacke-%DCbergangsjacke-Leder-Optik-WS-901/dp/B06WVBRTKY

the customer photos seem to be a lot nearer the mark

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71ViqJpdxgL.jpg / https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71pfCeWM9aL.jpg

and there's a brand label / tag - Noémi Kent - Paris / Style Number : WS-901 - if you want to chase it further. No decent sizing info on the page though and the (google translated) reviews says it runs v. small so it may just be another Cheap from China knockoff? Spent as much time as I care to :o:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Finally, a reliable source for GOGO and BLACK OPINM

Pheromone perfume attractant opposite side!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hm maybe I'll take a

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Did a bit more sleuthing, best I could find was this german seller on amazon,

https://www.amazon.de/Mayaadi-Kunst-Lederjacke-%DCbergangsjacke-Leder-Optik-WS-901/dp/B06WVBRTKY

the customer photos seem to be a lot nearer the mark

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71ViqJpdxgL.jpg / https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71pfCeWM9aL.jpg

and there's a brand label / tag - Noémi Kent - Paris / Style Number : WS-901 - if you want to chase it further. No decent sizing info on the page though and the (google translated) reviews says it runs v. small so it may just be another Cheap from China knockoff? Spent as much time as I care to :o:

Awesome thanks, I'm beginning to think that there's no actual leather version of this though.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Chonce- when changing some letters creates an entirely new linguist abomination.

I'm afraid this is the one God will destroy the world for.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

hm maybe I'll take a

If you change your mind
I'm the first in line
Honey I'm still free
Take a chonce on me

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

By popular demand posted:

Chonce- when changing some letters creates an entirely new linguist abomination.

I'm afraid this is the one God will destroy the world for.

CHONCE CHONCE CHONCE

:birdthunk:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
need some good gifts for my groomsmen, PYF suggestions tyia

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What's the demographic you're buying for? At my buddy's wedding he gave his groomsmen his homemade craft beer and a bottle of scotch. Who are you and your friends?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Have you asked them what they really want before deciding to buy them some gifts? You absolute monster!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Geemer posted:

Have you asked them what they really want before deciding to buy them some gifts? You absolute monster!

:v:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Something useful and/or handy. We all like to drink beer, grill, and the outdoors (fishing etc)

I can't brew for poo poo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Spatulas shaped like things

Genitals, maybe

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Gyshall posted:

Something useful and/or handy. We all like to drink beer, grill, and the outdoors (fishing etc)

I can't brew for poo poo
At least one goon in this thread has posted positive reviews of a bunch of fishing gear.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Gyshall posted:

need some good gifts for my groomsmen, PYF suggestions tyia

I bought some of my best friends little mirrors with "leather" holders to do "makeup" off of.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

NoneMoreNegative posted:

hm maybe I'll take a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV8DisjRfSQ

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

serious question. Do you think they meant "black opium" or "black opinion" or maybe they were taking some english words and just butchering them with no real direction?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wheatpuppy posted:

At least one goon in this thread has posted positive reviews of a bunch of fishing gear.

the kits are full of a lot of stuff most fishermen dont need or want, but maybe some wild rear end lures and borderline illegal synthetic bait would go over well.

Some titanium grilling gear you get locally engraved could be cool. I know I would want that for myself

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Fauxtool posted:

serious question. Do you think they meant "black opium" or "black opinion" or maybe they were taking some english words and just butchering them with no real direction?

(though interestingly, google gave me that result when I typed in 'black opinion', without even a 'did you mean...?', so we really can't be too sniffy about others getting names wrong in a foreign language)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Shut up Meg posted:

(though interestingly, google gave me that result when I typed in 'black opinion', without even a 'did you mean...?', so we really can't be too sniffy about others getting names wrong in a foreign language)

Mine is "black optimum". "Opium" seems to be one of those forbidden things google autocomplete cannot suggest (because drugs bad)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How did the Optimum Wars end?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pretty sure optimum prime defeated all the deceptioncons.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
shoppers optimum points

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Trabant posted:

"I'm here to donate toothpase and kick rear end... and I'm all out of toothpaste."

I'd recommend getting a bulk pack of Miswaks instead of toothbrushes and toothpaste. Just look at the results of comparison studies on that Wikipedia page - Miswak wins the brush+paste combo. Also, less plastic waste (icky). And, consider that some homeless have dogs: they can use Miswaks, too.

Here's some spiritual content - mostly buddhist:
The Lotus Sutra in miniature capsules. I think these are supposed to go inside a statue. I don't read chinese, but I've left them at chinese restaurants as a kind of Terma.
Fire Puja Papers. Vajra is indestructible, but the image of the vajra is not.
Green Tara statue. I thought it might look nice lit from below with LEDs.
Lapis Lazuli, one of the seven treasures.
A rosary.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 6, 2019

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Teen Wolf Head Bracelet Indian Jewelry Fashion Accessories Viking Bracelet Men Wristband Cuff Bracelets For Women Bangles

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32905741340.html

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Fauxtool posted:

how much have you given to bernie 2020

RedChesterfield
Nov 18, 2010

"You know you've done enough shit to go to hell."

RandomFerret posted:

Teen Wolf Head Bracelet Indian Jewelry Fashion Accessories Viking Bracelet Men Wristband Cuff Bracelets For Women Bangles

Been reviewed, seems legit.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

RandomFerret posted:

I thought the picture was you being funny about the poor quality of the product, but nope, it's the actual picture :prepop:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol a Facebook ‘on this day’ reminder from a couple years back, forget what the actual product was but the box made me laugh

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I got some zipper pull compasses. Here's a picture:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well, they all point in almost the same direction. Good enough for zips I guess.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Every time I see that guy on the right, I think somebody has been playing too much Kingdom of Loathing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

Just pretend that's your fetish. That way you haven't wasted :10bux:
This attitude explains a lot of fashion choices between 1997 and 2008.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

goatface posted:

Well, they all point in almost the same direction. Good enough for zips I guess.

I am sure HELLOMYNAMEIS___ isn't going to trust their life with them when crossing the Sahara, but just be warned that they occasionally point convincingly in the wrong direction and need a little tap.

I waited and this didn't turn up within the delivery time so I submitted a dispute. 3 days later, no response from the seller, so a refund. Same day, it appeared in my mailbox.
If they'd bothered to reply, I'd have felt guilty and tried to send them some money.

In other news, the recommendation algorithm is getting weird. Of course, you wonder what the hell this stuff is, click it and your profile thinks you are some kind of deviant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

first you trap the pidgeon
then ???
then electrical bras.