Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ixnay posted:

Welp, they just announced a new set of backwards compatible games, but also that these are the last games they doing backwards compatibility for:

Skate

hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm glad they got asura's wrath in.

It is literally the closest thing to anime in video game form.

The way I understand it is that they're done working on anything bc for Xbox one. They want to get it all working for Scarlett and then we'll see. Maybe more 4k Xbox 360 updates for Scarlett.

Maybe Xbox og games running in 8k.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BisterdDave posted:

Also, how's Infinite Undiscovery? It's on my list of 360 exclusives that I've been wanting to play. Too Human is on that list as well.

why in the blue gently caress would you want to play too human, what is wrong with you

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't get why they would abandon BC for xbone though. Wouldn't it just work for Scarlett after making it work on xbone?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

'i've really been meaning to check out that sweet xbox exclusive, drake of the 99 dragons'

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't imagine the One/Scarlett frameworks being that different, but it's nice to know they're still working on back compatibility for the future. Lot of games I want to see are stuck in licensing purgatory but even if this is the last update ever the lineup is still incredibly impressive.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

why in the blue gently caress would you want to play too human, what is wrong with you

why is it bad?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

why is it bad?

Yah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3TIfOKG74Q

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Zat posted:

This. The overscan setting that most TV's have, and unfortunately it's often enabled by default, is essentially simulating the natural sort of overscan that was present on all old CRT TV's. What it actually does is unnecessarily zoom in the picture a bit and make your full-HD or 4K TV not display the signal at its native resolution like it should.

On my Samsung TV you disable it like this: Settings > Picture > Picture Size > Fit to screen: On

Thanks for the help everyone. I still can't find this option on my TV. I have a Sharp LC-32DE5 for reference. Can't find anything like that in options...

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

All I wanted was Burnout 2 & 3 and Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

:negative:

edit: and one of the Xbox Outrun games but that was never going to happen because of the Ferrari license

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BisterdDave posted:

why is it bad?

they mapped the loving combat to the right analog stick for some ungodly reason, which both feels terrible to use for combat and completely removes any ability to control the camera, every time you die there's a 90 second unskippable cutscene, the entire draw of the game is barely there and barely matters, and it's overall just a complete slog to play

it's not the Worst Game Ever, but it is a pretty poo poo game made by a completely fuckin awful piece of poo poo person. it should be pretty goddamn far down the list of games anyone should ever have any desire to play, especially on a console with as huge a library as the xbox 360. if you want to play a garbage game, play like, eternal sonata or something, at least you'll get a few cheap laughs over how terrible that is. too human isn't even good for that.

e: for the record, the worst game i have played on the xbox 360 is army of two: the devil's cartel. i own sonic 2006, and devil's cartel was worse than that. substantially. somehow.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 11, 2019

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Fly Ricky posted:

Thanks for the help everyone. I still can't find this option on my TV. I have a Sharp LC-32DE5 for reference. Can't find anything like that in options...

That appears to be a 720p television - the manual indicates the panel is 1366x768. Make sure you have your Xbox set to 720p output to ensure the TV won't have to apply additional scaling. And looka round for anything like "zoom" and make sure its turned off.

Seems to be you have a Japan domestic market set so the settings you want to get after on the tv may be confusingly labeled in English , so if making sure your Xbox outputs only at 720p doesn't work, just start messing around with all the settings under the display options on the TV to see what affects it. On page 136 of the manual there's indications that disabling overscan might be done changing a setting to "Dot by Dot".

fishmech fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 11, 2019

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

they mapped the loving combat to the right analog stick for some ungodly reason, which both feels terrible to use for combat and completely removes any ability to control the camera, every time you die there's a 90 second unskippable cutscene, the entire draw of the game is barely there and barely matters, and it's overall just a complete slog to play

it's not the Worst Game Ever, but it is a pretty poo poo game made by a completely fuckin awful piece of poo poo person. it should be pretty goddamn far down the list of games anyone should ever have any desire to play, especially on a console with as huge a library as the xbox 360. if you want to play a garbage game, play like, eternal sonata or something, at least you'll get a few cheap laughs over how terrible that is. too human isn't even good for that.

e: for the record, the worst game i have played on the xbox 360 is army of two: the devil's cartel. i own sonic 2006, and devil's cartel was worse than that. substantially. somehow.

Thanks for the info. I'll avoid for now. Curious why Microsoft would take the time to make it compatible on Xbone though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

Thanks for the info. I'll avoid for now. Curious why Microsoft would take the time to make it compatible on Xbone though.

Many of their games are probably able to be done as a package where like the fix for one will work on another with similar workings under the hood.
Probably came up as working in a test and they made calls

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BisterdDave posted:

it uses unreal engine so it's not like they had to reinvent the wheel to bring it over.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I was under the impression most games worked fine in their emulator wrapper with only minor tweaks, and it’s rarely a technical issue that keeps a game from coming to BC. I think it’s usually a matter of licensing. Maybe, I’m not expert.

Also, pretty excited about Enslaved & Syndicate, as well as the Viva Piñata upgrades.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
PUZZLE
FIGHTER
PUZZLE
FIGHTER
PUZZLE
FIGHTER

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I can finally do a crossbone on my crossbone

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cojawfee posted:

Does anyone know when this bc update gets pushed? I am having a hard time being patient about playing Skate on my Xbone.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That screenshot is from xbone.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Man, crackdown 3 is like 1% better than the original game. Disappointing.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

BisterdDave posted:

Legally speaking, how did Microsoft get permission to release it? I thought a judge ordered a recall after Silicon Knights lost their lawsuit against Epic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Monday_ posted:

Legally speaking, how did Microsoft get permission to release it? I thought a judge ordered a recall after Silicon Knights lost their lawsuit against Epic.

Its free and epic probably said ok

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cojawfee posted:

That screenshot is from xbone.

Turns out I had to restart my box

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What’s the take on 8k so far? It seems too new to be worth the price tag, and I also cannot conceive how much of a difference it would really make on a 50” tv sitting on the couch. People said this same thing about 1080p—>4K though and the differences were actually pretty impressive in practice. So maybe it will turn out to be worth it?

I actually am hoping they are making an 8k compatible Xbox so it can either do 4K at 60fps all the time or 8k at 30fps, or for 4K VR. I have been waiting oh so long for elite dangerous in VR on the Xbox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nobody will own 8k at home for years

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Blind Rasputin posted:

What’s the take on 8k so far?
It's a buzzword. Absolutely no games will ever support it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Cojawfee posted:

gently caress yeah

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
loving skate 1 is so iconic and good go buy it now

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

It's a buzzword. Absolutely no games will ever support it.

I nearly guarantee something like Gran Turismo or some other first party will deliver it and it will suck but the bullet will be on the box.

Nothing else will attempt it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I got an accidental free copy of Skate in the mail through Netflix or GameFly or whatever 15 years ago and I just went to check on it so I could download it but it was Skate 2 and not Skate. :negative:

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Barudak posted:

I nearly guarantee something like Gran Turismo or some other first party will deliver it and it will suck but the bullet will be on the box.

Nothing else will attempt it

This, and also maybe like an indie game that has retro type graphics or graphics that are simple color lines, but in 8k where the lines will be super crisp.

Personally, I'm looking forward to small 8k TVs that may potentially finally be something that can replicate vector graphics OK...

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It seems useful for the new Mac Pro, or other rigs and monitors meant for graphic design, because you can edit a native 4K product in a windowed screen without any loss. That seems like what it’s meant for. I don’t think we should make tv that is as resolution as our eyes, because we will mistake them for open windows and fall through them.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Fly Ricky posted:

If it's an older TV, it likely has forced overscan you can't disable.

Blind Rasputin posted:

What’s the take on 8k so far? It seems too new to be worth the price tag, and I also cannot conceive how much of a difference it would really make on a 50” tv sitting on the couch. People said this same thing about 1080p—>4K though and the differences were actually pretty impressive in practice. So maybe it will turn out to be worth it?

I actually am hoping they are making an 8k compatible Xbox so it can either do 4K at 60fps all the time or 8k at 30fps, or for 4K VR. I have been waiting oh so long for elite dangerous in VR on the Xbox.

The nextbox won't have enough power for 8k, current graphics cards are still struggling mightily with 4k60. Don't expect 8k to be more than a marketing buzzword (because it's supported by the console's HDMI port), just like 4k used to be for the original PS4.

Blind Rasputin posted:

It seems useful for the new Mac Pro, or other rigs and monitors meant for graphic design, because you can edit a native 4K product in a windowed screen without any loss. That seems like what it’s meant for. I don’t think we should make tv that is as resolution as our eyes, because we will mistake them for open windows and fall through them.

And then you need a 16k monitor, to be able to edit 8k in a windowed screen without any loss. Monitors with more than UHD have existed for a while; seems dubious whether 8k will take off soon, current iGPUs struggle heavily with dual-4k screens even when doing mundane tasks like browsing.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 11, 2019

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

fishmech posted:

That appears to be a 720p television - the manual indicates the panel is 1366x768. Make sure you have your Xbox set to 720p output to ensure the TV won't have to apply additional scaling. And looka round for anything like "zoom" and make sure its turned off.

Seems to be you have a Japan domestic market set so the settings you want to get after on the tv may be confusingly labeled in English , so if making sure your Xbox outputs only at 720p doesn't work, just start messing around with all the settings under the display options on the TV to see what affects it. On page 136 of the manual there's indications that disabling overscan might be done changing a setting to "Dot by Dot".

My God you are an absolute master in this stuff.

I can't thank you enough.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I'm baffled that no one has lamented the fact that we don't get Jet Set Radio Future for Xbone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Adaptabullshit posted:

I'm baffled that no one has lamented the fact that we don't get Jet Set Radio Future for Xbone.

Everyone gave up on original xbox games a while ago so the mourning is done

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Adaptabullshit posted:

I never played that :saddowns:

The original Xbox was mainly the multiformat platform of choice for me back in the day, and most of the exclusives I liked are already on the compatibility list or playable in some other form on the Bone or PC. Speaking of multiformats, something like Timesplitters 2 or the later ones would've been cool. Maybe we get those on the next box.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

We got Panzer Dragoon Orta in HD along with Breakdown so it wasnt a total waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Doc M posted:

I never played that :saddowns:

I might have missed that one too, had it not been bundled with my OG Xbox.

Am willing to donate my extra copy (if i can find it) that came with the console to an eurogoon willing to play it.