Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Xik posted:

Something a little different for the thread.

TIFU by eating bugs my entire life and having a spider bite the inside of my mouth

play stupid games,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

MasBrillante posted:

Deserved for confusing spiders with insects.

lol

As a person who can't stand spiders, this better be fake just for my fragile sanity.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Gay cousin marrying a girl. Should I tell the girl?

quote:

So my cousin (26M) who is out to me. And I've known for several years. He's been sexually very active with men. But has had no opposite sex relationship or hookup. He is being pressurized by family to marry a girl. He isn't out to his immediate family because they're very strict religious people. I know that it is wrong to the girl if he lies to her, and I've tried to talk him out of it but he won't listen. What should I do. Should I contact the girl and tell her the truth or just keep silent. I'm so confused. I feel like since I know the truth it's on me to speak out and save that girls life but I don't want to ruin my bond with my cousin.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

My mother [48f] is in a state of shock after discovering condoms in my[24M] bag

quote:

I am a twenty four old man and I live with my parents. I have never been in any romantic relationship with anyone. I wanted to take up a job and move out as soon as I graduated but my parents were so aghast at the idea that I had to give it up.

My parents were proud of my unconditional obedience until I turned twenty three. They were proud of the fact that I had a low libido and never flirted with girls . Sex was a taboo subject in our household and all my knowledge about sexuality was obtained from friends and classmates.

Since my childhood, I was in the habit of sharing various life experiences with my mother but she feels things have changed over the past one year or so. I had heard my friends mention things such as condoms which had often aroused my curiosity. Recently, I went to a supermarket and purchased a pack of condoms to learn more about them. I had never seen any such thing before! I placed the packet in my university bag and forgot all about it. Unfortunately, my mother discovered it in my bag and reacted vehemently.She has been behaving strangely with me since then and has often accused me of not being transparent. She claims to be in a state of shock. I have overheard animated conversations between my parents concerning my burgeoning sexuality. I am feeling terribly ashamed.How do I cope with such a stressful situation?

TL;DR: My mother discovered a packet of condoms in my bag and I have noticed a marked difference in her behavior ever since. I have overheard animated conversations between my parents concerning my burgeoning sexuality. I have considered quitting the household but my mother's emotional response is proving to be an obstacle.

Crabpipe
Jun 20, 2003

embiggened by a noble spirit

Xik posted:

TIFU by eating bugs my entire life and having a spider bite the inside of my mouth

We finally found him. Spider Georg.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Fake because...

quote:

Today I ate one of those spindly spiders, the daddy long legs ones. I saw some in the corner of my room, minding thier own business in their web.
Daddy long legs don't have webs

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Anne Whateley posted:

Fake because...

And because they aren't capable of biting through human skin. Maybe inside the mouth skin is thin enough, but even then I bet their bites would be really milder than a spider's.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Might have been talking about a cellar spider!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

Gay cousin marrying a girl. Should I tell the girl?

Oof

I dunno I get why he isn’t out to his family but the guy has to tell the girl that’s just wrong on so many levels.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

Fake because...

Nah different countries have different spiders called daddy long legs. The ones in Australia have webs.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

If this dude was from Australia, then he would be even more stupid and ballsier than I previously thought. I'd salute him for his suicidal habit

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Xik posted:

Something a little different for the thread.

What a nutter.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I, a 24 year old male, refer to my own sexuality as "burgeoning"

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

MarcusSA posted:

Oof

I dunno I get why he isn’t out to his family but the guy has to tell the girl that’s just wrong on so many levels.

Fingers crossed she's gay and they're eachothers' deep cover.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

bell jar posted:

I, a 24 year old male, refer to my own sexuality as "burgeoning"

The only thing "burgeoning" for this guy is his eventual serial killer manifesto

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Resting Lich Face posted:

I always hope this but it almost never is

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my ex-husband’s girlfriend that she is “nothing” to my children?

Kids are 7(m) and 5(f). Divorced two years ago. My relationship with the Gf hasn’t always the best because I believe they started their relationship before my husband and I officially decided to call it quits. However, I’ve basically gotten over it.

Presently, Ex and I are having some disagreements about visitation schedules. I won’t get into too many details about that part - it’s just complicated. But the latest issue is the 4th of July. Ex wants to take kids to his gf’s parents’ beach house which conflicts with my understanding of our agreement about holiday division.

Anyway, we were discussing this at ex’s home in the kitchen. Kids were upstairs and out of earshot. Gf comes in (they live together) and basically tries to give her thoughts on the whole thing. We went back and forth and I basically said she doesn’t get a vote. She starts talking about how her she doesn’t get why her opinions aren’t valid etc. I said they aren’t really because, at this point, she’s nothing to my children!

(What I mean is that she behaves as if she’s their stepmother but she is not). After I said that, she just walked out. Literally left the house and took off. (I guess she just went for a drive to clear her head but it all felt very dramatic in the moment).

Ex called me later and said my comment was cruel. But if I’m being honest, I don’t feel guilty at all.

Looking for some truthful feedback here on whether I’m wrong (if so, I will apologize).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Resting Lich Face posted:

I hope so. It’s just sad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If this is basically gotten over it I dont want to see what she was like at first

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I must say this reddit thread has made me super glad my dad decided to cheap out and wait until I was almost 18 before divorcing my mom. There was never any issue regarding visitation...mostly because my brother and I hated the gently caress out of him. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a real kid when this poo poo goes down.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

DemoneeHo posted:

My mother [48f] is in a state of shock after discovering condoms in my[24M] bag

I just feel bad for this guy. His parents have him so emotionally controlled that when he finally breaks out of it he'll never stop mourning the normal life experiences he's missed. Either that or he'll just stay forever and go Lizzie Borden on them one day, I guess.

Either way it's grossly unhealthy to infantilize your adult child like that. I hope this dude figures out sooner rather than later that he's not responsible for his idiot parents' feelings, he has a right to grow up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pinecone Sample posted:

[AL] School seeking custody of my unborn child
I have no idea how to respond to this but if there are updates please post them because I have to know.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my ex-husband’s girlfriend that she is “nothing” to my children?

The side piece should have the tact and shame to stay out of an argument between divorced parents.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My relationship with the Gf hasn’t always the best because I believe they started their relationship before my husband and I officially decided to call it quits. However, I’ve basically gotten over it.

This is a lie.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Me, placing the harmonica in my brothers killers mouth: Ive basically gotten over it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I understood that reference!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for sending a Tinder rear end in a top hat to McDonald's?

For backstory, I’m female and live in the U.S. I’m on dating apps and I’m finding that a lot of guys are just disrespectful. Some of them are polite and want to start an actual conversation, but a lot, maybe even the majority, are just ridiculous.

A lot of the messages I get are “wanna gently caress?” or “what are you looking for?” which is their way of indirectly saying “I want sex with minimal effort”. I even have in my profile that I don’t do random hookups, but I think I overestimated how often people actually read the profiles.

After having this happen a dozen times, I finally snap. A guy on Tinder messages me and the conversation seems to be going okay at first. We message back and forth and then I don’t hear a response. That’s okay, people get busy.

At around 11:30 pm he hits me with the “Sorry, I got busy. What are you up to? Wanna have some fun?” During our initial conversation I make it crystal clear, I’m not looking for hookups. I don’t to casual sex. So I remind him of this, and he starts negging me. “I knew you’d be a prude”, “not sure why you wasted my time”, “let’s just meet up at my house and talk and see where things go.”

Finally I was like, “okay, but come to my house.” and then I proceed to give him the address of a McDonald’s. In the next town over. I waited for him to get close to the location, he confirmed that he was about 5 mins away, and I unmatched him.

I just reached my breaking point with lovely men who feel entitled to ENTER MY BODY. I know the right thing to do would be to not engage, but also part of me feels like he deserved it.

I can already imagine what y’all are going to say but reddit, AITA?

Edit: Thank you all for the reddit silver, the blunt feedback, and the laughs. And to the several (presumably) men who PMed me to let me know I'm a loving bitch who should die, let's discuss this some more at my house. I'll send you my address.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

If she wants it then he should have put a ring on it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I was like, “okay, but come to my house.” and then I proceed to give him the address of a McDonald’s. In the next town over. I waited for him to get close to the location, he confirmed that he was about 5 mins away, and I unmatched him.

AITA?

no, the opposite

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The woman is an rear end in a top hat because if the dude is stupid enough to drive all the way to the address and not realize its a goddamn McDonalds she could have directed him to the center of a lake or a railroad crossing

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

That system owns. At least the dipshit can get some fries and a shake as a consolation prize.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

For backstory, I’m female and live in the U.S. I’m on dating apps and I’m finding that a lot of guys are just disrespectful. Some of them are polite and want to start an actual conversation, but a lot, maybe even the majority, are just ridiculous.

A lot of the messages I get are “wanna gently caress?” or “what are you looking for?” which is their way of indirectly saying “I want sex with minimal effort”. I even have in my profile that I don’t do random hookups, but I think I overestimated how often people actually read the profiles.

After having this happen a dozen times, I finally snap. A guy on Tinder messages me and the conversation seems to be going okay at first. We message back and forth and then I don’t hear a response. That’s okay, people get busy.

At around 11:30 pm he hits me with the “Sorry, I got busy. What are you up to? Wanna have some fun?” During our initial conversation I make it crystal clear, I’m not looking for hookups. I don’t to casual sex. So I remind him of this, and he starts negging me. “I knew you’d be a prude”, “not sure why you wasted my time”, “let’s just meet up at my house and talk and see where things go.”

Finally I was like, “okay, but come to my house.” and then I proceed to give him the address of a McDonald’s. In the next town over. I waited for him to get close to the location, he confirmed that he was about 5 mins away, and I unmatched him.

I just reached my breaking point with lovely men who feel entitled to ENTER MY BODY. I know the right thing to do would be to not engage, but also part of me feels like he deserved it.

Edit: Thank you all for the reddit silver, the blunt feedback, and the laughs. And to the several (presumably) men who PMed me to let me know I'm a loving bitch who should die, let's discuss this some more at my house. I'll send you my address.

She'd be so much happier if she used a dating site instead of getting mad that people on a hookup app primarily want to hook up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dienes posted:

She'd be so much happier if she used a dating site instead of getting mad that people on a hookup app primarily want to hook up.
She didn't respond to your PMs, huh? :(

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
If there weren't so many garbage people that took "not looking for a one night stand" as a challenge then it could be both. I mean, it still is. Everyone I know that uses Tinder uses it to go on dates in an attempt to actually start a real relationship.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for shaming a woman who held up the TSA screening line?

I was in the TSA Precheck line where people are generally cognizant of the regulations. Unfortunately, a woman with her 3 children somehow ended up in this line. I have no patience for people who hold up the TSA screening line. This woman had to fish out all her feeding bottles from her 3 or 4 poorly organized bags and empty them before putting her belongings through security screening. As a result, she held up the security line for a long time. I finally had it and told her she should have been aware of the rules about liquids before getting in line and should have prepared for security screening before getting in line. I suggested that she step aside and let other travelers through and my suggestion was met with a few cheers.

She seemed really embarrassed but didn’t apologize at all. After I passed the screen I mentioned to the TSA agent he should manage the queue better. When a traveler was holding up the line he needed to step in, and he failed. He apologized and I moved on. I don’t think I’m the rear end but my co-worker mentioned I could have shown some compassion for the woman who was clearly struggling and clueless.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

People also use tinder to swipe right on brands so like I cant judge anybody trying to use it to find their fathers killer or whatever.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dienes posted:

tinder hasn't been "a hookup app" for at least three years, grandpa.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Xik posted:

If there weren't so many garbage people that took "not looking for a one night stand" as a challenge then it could be both. I mean, it still is. Everyone I know that uses Tinder uses it to go on dates in an attempt to actually start a real relationship.
Tinder hasn't been a hookup-focused site in like five years, anyone who uses that as an excuse is just a creep who has issues with women.

rubberrazors
Nov 1, 2011

Dienes posted:

Yep, because that's what the problem is.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Kids are 7(m) and 5(f). Divorced two years ago. My relationship with the Gf hasn’t always the best because I believe they started their relationship before my husband and I officially decided to call it quits. However, I’ve basically gotten over it.

Presently, Ex and I are having some disagreements about visitation schedules. I won’t get into too many details about that part - it’s just complicated. But the latest issue is the 4th of July. Ex wants to take kids to his gf’s parents’ beach house which conflicts with my understanding of our agreement about holiday division.

Anyway, we were discussing this at ex’s home in the kitchen. Kids were upstairs and out of earshot. Gf comes in (they live together) and basically tries to give her thoughts on the whole thing. We went back and forth and I basically said she doesn’t get a vote. She starts talking about how her she doesn’t get why her opinions aren’t valid etc. I said they aren’t really because, at this point, she’s nothing to my children!

(What I mean is that she behaves as if she’s their stepmother but she is not). After I said that, she just walked out. Literally left the house and took off. (I guess she just went for a drive to clear her head but it all felt very dramatic in the moment).

Ex called me later and said my comment was cruel. But if I’m being honest, I don’t feel guilty at all.

Looking for some truthful feedback here on whether I’m wrong (if so, I will apologize).

Smirking_Serpent posted:

these two ladies are stone loving cold. they need to get a convertible and go on a rampage of robbery and violence across the southwest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I understood that reference!

Its the kind of reference that can really stand on its own two legs