Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for wearing “crocs” to work? (Serious, I may have just been denied a promotion)

quote:

maybe I’m looking at a case of anti-male bias

:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Guaranteed the crocs are the low hanging fruit for the manager to mention. Id guess either anime shirts or camo cargo shorts daily.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not eating anything in a 3 course meal?

so i work for a really small IT firm in Canada, and recently we finally finished a big project so our upper management (who are based in another city) came to town and took our entire office (only 6 staff members) out to dinner, in a fancy restaurant about 2 miles out of town. The Menu there was already pre decided for everyone. The menu was only revealed to us about 2 hours before we were supposed to arrive so I didn't have chance to see it, but lets just say management had splashed the gently caress out on this.

but I am a picky eater, like seriously. I only eat about 10-15 foods. and I rotate them within my diet, and cook for myself.

I pulled my boss aside (the one who runs our office) and explained that I would not eat any of the food selected and if I could just order off the regular menu this restaurant has (where I would've been able to get 2 but not 3 courses that I'd eat) he said no and that "I'll eat what I'm given if I want to show respect"

so anyway, the starter came and it was Broccoli soup, I don't like broccoli soup so I just ate one of the slices of bread that came on the side of the dish.

The Main Course was Lobster fried rice, I absolutely despise lobster so I didn't touch a single thing on this plate and just sat there sort of staring at it, while drinking my water (which I had ordered to not drink the expensive $200 bottle of wine which i didn't like)

at this point I could see my boss might be slightly frustrated with me so I kept my conversation down to a bare minimum.

When dessert came it was just lots of fruit and a couple bowls of things to dip in (think strawberries and cream) I don't eat fruit so I too had none of this.

When it was time to say goodbye the 2 men from management shook my hand but didn't speak a word to me like they had to everyone else, and my boss simply didn't say a word to me. but I received a text a few hours after saying "we'll talk next time you're in the office" (I'm on vacation for 4 days now)

so AITA reddit?

Part of me thinks I am for not eating, but part of me thinks that I offered to order separately so its not really my fault.

quote:

yes, I have minor functioning autism.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for wearing “crocs” to work? (Serious, I may have just been denied a promotion)

YOSPOS SHOE CHAT, I SUMMON THEE.

Er hem. If you don't wear at least 300 USD minimum shoes, people will mistake you for a waiter or poor person. Definitely get a pair of black leather shoes and brown leather shoes for maximum outfit coord.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

How loving dare they not have tendies and honey musty?!

Heffer posted:

Guaranteed the crocs are the low hanging fruit for the manager to mention. Id guess either anime shirts or camo cargo shorts daily.

Found a pic of the OP

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 18, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

Almost Any form of Beef (Burgers, Steak, Mince) all well done
Pork
Chicken (only if it is boneless)
for Vegetables I eat Carrots and Peas only
almost all Indian food
plan tacos
Spaghet
Lasanga
Carbonara
Pizza (cheese and pepperoni and ham)
Chinese noodles

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

so i work for a really small IT firm in Canada, and recently we finally finished a big project so our upper management (who are based in another city) came to town and took our entire office (only 6 staff members) out to dinner, in a fancy restaurant about 2 miles out of town. The Menu there was already pre decided for everyone. The menu was only revealed to us about 2 hours before we were supposed to arrive so I didn't have chance to see it, but lets just say management had splashed the gently caress out on this.

but I am a picky eater, like seriously. I only eat about 10-15 foods. and I rotate them within my diet, and cook for myself.

I pulled my boss aside (the one who runs our office) and explained that I would not eat any of the food selected and if I could just order off the regular menu this restaurant has (where I would've been able to get 2 but not 3 courses that I'd eat) he said no and that "I'll eat what I'm given if I want to show respect"
so AITA reddit?

Part of me thinks I am for not eating, but part of me thinks that I offered to order separately so its not really my fault.

Ehhh I'd say NTA just because people with autism are basically known for having sensory issues. If they manage to have 10-15 food items they can handle, and not die of scurvy good for them. But honestly they should have notified management on their dietary requirements. Just say it's an allergy thing. Seafood and fruit allergies is a known problem. Or say they're a mormon and such food is sinful.

gently caress them for not earing free lobster. They could at least eat the rice portion. RICE IS LOVE. RICE IS LIFE.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Who the gently caress chose that course progression? Broccoli soup leading into fried rice? That's horrifying

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I know the guy has autism but lol that he just dug the hole deeper by talking as little as possible, like he was the inverse of fat camp Buddha.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Who the gently caress does a set three piece meal with "lobster friend rice". I'm laughing that the picky eater but also at the stupid rube that thought "broccoli soup, lobster fried rice and fruit" was some sort of ~high class~ meal.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Unfortunately, I think knowing the etiquette of "take a couple bites/look like you're eating, don't make it obvious" is also going to be lost on a person with autism who isn't prepared for that situation, but that was definitely the thing to do there.

EDIT: That said, that meal really is bizarre. Each of the components are delicious individually, but who put that poo poo together?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Plan Tacos sounds like tacos where the shells are blueprints

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

value-brand cereal posted:

gently caress them for not earing free lobster. They could at least eat the rice portion. RICE IS LOVE. RICE IS LIFE.

This poster is clearly terrible, but shellfish allergies are no loving joke so it was weird of the management to make that choice in advance. Unless this was some secret test to make sure nobody in the office was kosher...

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I hate picky eaters but someone having to drink thick hot vegetable water to appease their corporate masters or get fired also sucks.

e: He does say small company, so not corporate master, I guess like a LLC Lordling maybe

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

comments from the crocodile when people start speculating why he doesn't like the woman who got the promotion:

quote:

You said it but everyone is thinking it. Especially because she’s the “quirky hot girl” who claims to love GoT but couldn’t identify GRRM in a police line up.

quote:

Dude you can see she wears thong panties under her dresses, that’s unprofessional

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

LanceHunter posted:

This poster is clearly terrible, but shellfish allergies are no loving joke so it was weird of the management to make that choice in advance. Unless this was some secret test to make sure nobody in the office was kosher...

Yeah, I was just thinking about what a catastrophic choice a lobster dish is for a mandated business dinner. Kashrut, allergies, vegetarians/vegans...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

comments from the crocodile when people start speculating why he doesn't like the woman who got the promotion:

Why_I_should_be_fired.txt

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The thong panty thing is loving ridiculous. Thong under a dress minimizes panty line and is essential with certain fabrics. Basic-rear end formal womenswear thing there. Dude has no style AND is a loving clueless misogynist.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

QuarkJets posted:

Expecting men around the world to safeguard nude photos is just setting yourself up for failure. Like, seriously? You expect a level of maturity and respect that most men aren't even capable of pretending to muster?

Yes.

And, furthermore? So should you.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Resting Lich Face posted:

The thong panty thing is loving ridiculous. Thong under a dress minimizes panty line and is essential with certain fabrics. Basic-rear end formal womenswear thing there. Dude has no style AND is a loving clueless misogynist.

Yeah, that line alone makes it very clear that he is an incel who knows nothing about women. If everything else he said didn't indicate this as well...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for “harassing” my uncle because I would like to meet him and he doesn’t want that?

I come from the “trashy” branch of my family. Mom is mentally ill and abusive, dad spent 20+ years in prison, both are junkies and first cousins. I was born in the middle of drugs, violence, mental illness and incest, yet I somehow did good for myself. I’m 24 and I just completed my PhD (2 years ahead!), despite being the first in my side of the family to ever complete high school, much less college. I have a very bad relationship with my parents and siblings, I’ve been independent since I was a teenager, I have a good job.

My regret comes from my uncle (dad’s brother). He is like me, coming from a poo poo family but rising above his station and becoming the CFO of a rather large corporation all on its own merit. He is very much a family man, he gives $10,000 to each of his nephews and nieces every year because he doesn’t have kids himself and he actively participated to raise them. My branch of the family (my parents, my siblings and me) are the only ones excluded from it. For good reason, because my parents stole a lot from him for drugs, they were usually rude to my uncle and the last time he saw my father, dad threatened him to steal $20k.

But while I respect his hatred for my parents, I feel unjustly punished. All my cousins are homeowners thanks to his gifts, they all live pretty great lives while I had to live in poverty and crawl my way up with no support. Now that I “made it,” I would like to be judged on my own merit. I would accept it if he doesn’t want to give me the $240,000 I would have gotten from him if I were born in another branch of the family, but I want to hear it from his mouth. I also mostly want to have a relationship with my uncle, because my entire life, despite never meeting him, I considered him a role model to motivate me to get out of my family’s hole.

I tried to contact him through cousins who see him often, through mail, etc, but he always ignored me. I eventually went to his house and rang the bell, but nobody opened the door although he was home. Finally, I went to his workplace and talked to his secretary, but I was told that my uncle was locked in his office and that I had to vacate the premises or the cops would be called. I just wanted to talk to my uncle, for god’s sake.

After that, I received a mail from my uncle, essentially telling me that he considered me trying to contact him and showing up at his home and work “harassment.” He demands I stop or he’ll press charges. I was never told to back off before what feels like the nuclear option, and I never did anything to warrant him treating me so badly (even though i’m related to people who did). I will drop it and stop trying to see him, I guess, but was I wrong to try and meet my uncle like I did?

EDIT: It would seem I made the front page and suddenly this blew up, lol. I would like to address a few points that keep being brought up:

I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME EVEN IF MY UNCLE WEREN'T RICH. This is the most important point. I am not and was never after the money. I realize I conveyed that very poorly, but I never felt entitled to the same gifts he gave my cousins; I would be lying if I said I didn't daydream about being brought into that close-knit family and getting some of the money too, but I was more than willing to accept I wouldn't get anything. I would have never even brought it up if my uncle had accepted to meet me.

I backed off as soon as I was told to. The cease and desist letter was literally the first thing from my uncle telling me he didn't want to talk to me. One day I was in the city where he lives on unrelated business, so I told myself "I know his address, I may as well try to knock on the door and see what happens!" I tried to go to his house, then his business, and I finally received the mail telling me to back off, all within one day. I immediately stopped afterward.

I did not stalk my uncle over long periods of time, as most comments seem to imply I did. For a decade or so, I would send the occasional email every few months, like "Hey uncle, I just started studying at X university, I will be living on campus now!" in September, then nothing until June of the next year with a mail saying "Hey, I will be moving in with roommates, I feel pretty good about that! By the way, I have a new number, (XXX) XXX-XXX, feel free to get in touch if you ever feel like it :)" I think I kept it very light and friendly all along. Then, one day, I tried to meet my uncle in person, and that went terribly badly. After that day, I completely stopped all attempts to reach out to him. If anything, I expected people to find me pathetic and sad, as I was essentially a lonely kid trying to have a relationship with an uncle who clearly wants nothing to do with me; I didn't expect people to accuse me of being creepy and predatory.

I am not a scary person. I'm 5 foot 6, skinny and nerdy. I was never aggressive at any point of the process. When the secretary told me to go away or she'd call the cops, I wasn't confrontational, I didn't scream or anything; I was mortified and apologized and booked it out of there immediately. I tried my best to be as nice and friendly as anyone could be in that situation. I find it pretty upsetting that lots of comments depict me as a crazed axe murderer stalking my uncle in the dark woods, ready to pounce.

Lastly, I see a lot of people with a lot of good points, and I am glad I started this discussion because it helps a lot to put things in perspective. For instance, I realize in hindsight that my uncle ignoring all my mails was enough a sign he doesn't want me in his life, but I was desperate to find a "normal family" besides my junkie parents that I remained willfully blind to it. I want to thank those of you who left constructive comments, I appreciate it greatly! I completely accept I'm TA here. Thanks for that.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for traveling while my wife is pregnant?

My wife is 6 months pregnant. We were planning to travel but our plans got cancelled because she was scared of traveling. I don’t think canceling the trip was necessary but it is what it is.

She has been driving me crazy for the past months. I understand the hormonal changes during pregnancy but it’s extremely annoying. She told me she can’t stand the smell of cigarettes (I smoke) so she refuses to be around me. We rarely hang out and she always eats alone. Even though I have stopped smoking around her

I grew really tired of her so last month I decided I was going on a trip to Vegas with my friends in July. She was pissed and says I’m being an rear end in a top hat. Apparently she needs me around but we barely hang out together.

AITA here?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Yes.

And, furthermore? So should you.

Exactly. Just expecting and accepting men being creeps is just as bad as saying "boys will be boys"

Don't give people like that an out

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Pirate Radar posted:

Oh yeah I forget which page it was on but the post saying Americans don’t eat fish multiple times a week had me real confused

It was me and I stand by it :colbert:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Messy divorce incoming.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

You should hold men to a high standard and if they do lovely things hold them accountable.

That's different than saying "here you go I trust you with something that can destroy me"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Heffer posted:

It's probably another post by the guy who wears superhero clothes everywhere.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cumshitter posted:

I know the guy has autism but lol that he just dug the hole deeper by talking as little as possible, like he was the inverse of fat camp Buddha.

Yeah, gently caress him for having a disability.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Hellblazer187 posted:

That's different than saying "here you go I trust you with something that can destroy me"

Something like. . . Physical sexual contact? We're cool with raw dogging a tindr fling but sending a photo of the pregame warmup suddenly whhhoooooOOOOOAAAAAAOOOOoooohhh slow down pardner, you could poke an eye out!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My wife is 6 months pregnant. We were planning to travel but our plans got cancelled because she was scared of traveling. I don’t think canceling the trip was necessary but it is what it is.

She has been driving me crazy for the past months. I understand the hormonal changes during pregnancy but it’s extremely annoying. She told me she can’t stand the smell of cigarettes (I smoke) so she refuses to be around me. We rarely hang out and she always eats alone. Even though I have stopped smoking around her

I grew really tired of her so last month I decided I was going on a trip to Vegas with my friends in July. She was pissed and says I’m being an rear end in a top hat. Apparently she needs me around but we barely hang out together.

AITA here?

:killing:

I hope that GF leaves him and takes him to the loving cleaners, just for smoking around her and their unborn child.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

AITA for taking back the Xbox 360 I gave my younger brother on his birthday?

quote:

My brother is 9 years old. His birthday was 3 weeks ago, but for the past year, he has become addicted to playing games on his kindle fire. Now, I've had this old Xbox 360 for 7 years, I've poured months into it. I have at least 30 to 40 games for it, and I've enjoyed having it. I loved playing all my games but two years ago I bought an Xbox One with some cash that I had been saving for a while, and the Xbox 360 has been collecting dust on my TV stand. I felt sorry for my younger brother only having a kindle fire at his age when I owned a PlayStation 2 and Nintendo DS when I was 9, and his birthday was soon so I decided to give him my Xbox and all of my games.

Skip forward to the day of his birthday, I have the Xbox wrapped up. He opens it up and his face gleamed with pure joy. He put the box down on the table, ran up to me, hugged me and said thank you. After the party, I walked into my younger brother's bedroom and showed him how to hook it up to the small TV he has. I showed him how it worked and watched him load up his first game of Skyrim. For the next week, he was glued to that thing. I occasionally walked in to see how he was doing and helped him along in his games, and by the end of the week, he had the console down pat. After that week had ended, I had a long-planned camping trip with some friends. I left home for two weeks, and today, I returned back home to the most infuriating moment of my entire life.

I walk into his bedroom, the first thing I see? My younger brother, playing it with disks and game boxes thrown EVERYWHERE. I raged. I shouted at my brother, "GIVE ME THE CONTROLLER, NOW." Of course, he puts on an innocent face and says that the box that the games were in fell off the table and he didn't pick them up yet. Complete bullshit, the box was still sitting on the table. I looked at him, jerked the controller out of his hands, walked over to the Xbox, unplugged it, and took it right back to my room. He ran off crying at my mom saying that I took it. My mom comes in my room saying, "You can't take Xbox back! You gave it away, making it no longer yours!" I, of course, responded saying, "Hey, he has my games thrown all over the floor." She looks at me and says, "If he wants to break the disks, he can." I refuse to give it back to him. My brother has been crying for the past day that he wants "his" Xbox back. My childhood was pretty much destroyed right there, some of my favorite games of all time such as Skyrim and Minecraft were scratched so bad that they were unreadable. The rubber pads on the joysticks are ripped off, and the box for the Sims 3 looks like it was stepped on because it's crushed. I trusted him, and now I regret it.

My mom is saying that I've ruined his day and his birthday (even though it happened three weeks ago) by taking it back, and my grandma is saying that I was being an rear end in a top hat by taking it back because I should've have expected him to do this since he is only 9 years old.

Edit: Thank you to all who pointed out that I was in the wrong, I now see how badly I overreacted to that situation. I went through and tested all the disks, only 8 disks are scratched unreadable. I talked it over with my mom and were going to trial him with the 1 game at a time rule (suggested by a few of you) . I've done apologized to him, but he still really doesn't want to talk to me. I'll update again tomorrow on how the 1 game at a time trial goes, but until then, be happy that I've now realized my mistake

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

I am a team leader in a very small company. My team only has two other members. A few weeks ago, one of them, Jamie, got married. A few other colleagues and I were invited to the evening reception. The other member of the team got drunk and was abusive to many guests and even knocked small children over on the dance floor. When everyone was trying to leave, he started to get naked and violently abusive in the venue's car park. Jamie asked him to leave and he hit Jamie twice, knocking him to the floor. Guests were trying to eject him, but he was throwing punches and fighting them. He also spat blood all over the bride. His girlfriend punched the bride too. Jamie did not want to spend his wedding night with police giving statements so did not press charges.

Jamie and I have stated to our employer that we do not want to work with this person. Our employer has said that the incident was outside of work so they are powerless. Jamie has been given a week to "forgive and forget" before the other member is sent back to the team.

quote:

Your employer isn't powerless; they absolutely can take action over this if they want to, just like they could take action over, say, a sexual harassment incident that happened outside of work. Who knows, they might be choosing not to get involved because they don't know for sure what happened and they'd have to do an investigation (although it sounds like there were multiple employees there who could be witnesses). But asking Jamie to "forgive and forget" the guy who punched him at his wedding, spat blood all over the bride, and generally caused a massive scene at his wedding is ... a tall order.

If you're truly stuck with the situation and can't change your company's mind, I'd sit down with this guy and tell him that he'll need to figure out how to repair relations with Jamie, and that when he returns after his week away, you'll expect to hear his thoughts on how he can do that. Put it on him to figure it out. And if he doesn't figure out on his own that any proposal will have to involve massive apologies and groveling, and possibly a plan for his alcohol use, point him in that direction. But I'd also be prepared for Jamie to start job searching over this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ive got some strategy tips for life and one of them is: always full-a press charges

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not telling my neighbours that their daughter got her first period?

I (22M) live next door to a lovely family with 3 girls aged 13, 9ish and 6. We get along adequately considering I'm a bit of a hermit, they'll occasionally invite me over for dinner and I let them use my spa (hot tub?) whenever they want. Recently they asked if I would be OK acting as a semi-absent babysitter for the girls over the weekend, as they were going on their first trip leaving them home alone for one night (they are a bit young for that though right?). I of course said no problem, and even said I would go over and check on them overnight to make sure they hadn't vanished. Everything is set up, phone numbers, medical information, a will (just in case) and off they went Saturday morning.

​Nothing of note happens until 4pm rolls around and I get a knock at the door. I was fully expecting to have to go turn the oven on for them or something, but standing there is the oldest girl looking more pale than bucket of water. This scared the poo poo out of me because last I checked she was a friendly Malaysian and not a friendly ghost. Immediately she softly said she had started her period. Now I'm no mathematician but even I deduced that this was new territory for her since she's asking me, a 22 year old dude for help with her hoo-ha.

​My immediate though is to A. call her parents and B. call her parents. I guess I'm a sucker though because she asked me not too and said she would tell them when they got home, and I listened to her. All she asked was if I could go and buy the goods, and she knew what to do with them. Ordinarily, I would tell her to go to hell and to drive herself, but I decided against that approach this one time.

​At the store the nice gal working their helped me pick out a variety of pads, I decided against tampons for obvious reasons I hope, and grabbed some chocolate for all three girls as a gift and headed home. When I got back she whizzed into the bathroom to install the hardware (or is it software?). I made sure she knew what was going on, offered to print some pamphlets off if she wanted like I'm a teacher or something, and left after she assured me she was fine to heat up dinner and go about her day.

​Everything went well over night and my neighbours came home in the morning and were promptly filled in on everything by their kids and I gave praise to their behaviour and so forth. Everything's good right? Wrong! My neighbours have spoken to me and think I am wrong for not phoning them to let them know their daughter had started her period. I feel they are incorrect, and I am just following the wishes of the period-haver and if she wanted them to know sooner she would have called them herself or at least not asked me to not tell them.

​TL;DR I was babysitting my neighbour's kids and their 13 year old got her first period. She asked me not to tell her parents so I didn't and they think I should've told them. AITA?

This touches on a hotly-debated ethical issue in healthcare. The law needs things to be black and white, so at 17 and 354 days old you are a child, incapable of independent legal action, ward of your parents or guardians, and at 18 years zero days on the dot, at midnight, you arent. But the reality is much grayer than that, and teens are both forming an identity for themselves and starting to take on decisions and responsibilities that will have lifelong effects on their lives.

In recognition of that, reproductive health is one of the places the law makes exceptions to parental soverignity in some cases. Normally, you always have to make a good-faith effort to contact the kid's parents, but in reproductive health, if the kid asks you to not tell their parents, you're obligated to honor that request as if the kid was an adult, because the kid knows their family better than you do and if there's one facet of a teens life where they're making adult-scale decisions, it's reproductive health.

Ultimately, dude did everything he needed to do to make sure she had what she needed, including calling in backup from the lady at the drugstore to check his work. They are welcome to not be pleased with not being told, but it was unexpected, the kid got the care she needed, and in the absence of further guidance the guy took the kid at her word. Acknowledge and validate the parents' frustration without being a doormat. this is a big scary deal for them, i'm sure. this may end up as an agree-to-disagree thing, and they may not want you watching their kids again, but you didn't do a bad and are definitely the opposite of an rear end in a top hat

e: this warmed my bitter callous heart

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

WIBTA if I don't go down on a girl for being an outie?

quote:

I don't really know where I should start. We both met on a party of a friend. We exchanged numbers, you all probably know how it usually works nowadays. She(18) is a lovely and nice girl. We talked for a bit and after a while she told me that she is still a virgin. No biggie, everyone has to start somewhere right? While flirting with her I(20) brought up that I could be teaching pretty much everything that I know. She was pretty excited about it. However last night as we talked before making out she brought up the fact that she didn't like how her vag looked like. I have only felt hers once before and it was during night time outside (just fingering, nothing else). So I didn't really see it before however I knew what was coming up. And she is correct, it doesn't really look appealing to me for being an outie. By telling her that I will teach her we even brought up stuff I could do to her so she knows what I would be able to do on other girls like giving head to her or doing 69 (eventhough I haven't even done it myself yet lol) and all kinds of stuff. The question now is, WIBTA if I decide not to do these things to her eventhough I kind of told her I would do exactly that? Would it be better if I talk to her about it or if I just pretend not to do it?

EDIT: I only talk about not wanting to give her head. I think most people misunderstood what I ment with going down. I happily do other things to and with her

EDIT2: Eventhough you lovely suggestions told me to "just grow up" and "don't do stuff with women if you aren't mature enough" I choose the path suggested by others. Just trying it out. I think I was more afraid than anything. Wasn't half bad and she enjoyed it. I still need to work on doing it better however I still have to thank for your discussion. I salute you you lovely redditors!

Btw this is not your r/ihavesex guy. This is a genuine situation that I need some advice on.

it took me way too long to figure out this dude wasn't talking about belly buttons. also i'm almost 100% sure that whatever he thinks he can teach this girl is just stuff he's seen in porn before

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

i vomit kittens posted:

i'm almost 100% sure that whatever he thinks he can teach this girl is just stuff he's seen in porn before

Almost? You're not giving yourself enough credit there.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Does she have a penis? That post is baffling.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
She has inner labia. Young men think women shouldn't

Barudak
May 7, 2007

subpar anachronism posted:

Does she have a penis? That post is baffling.

This is the only explanation im comfortable with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Something like. . . Physical sexual contact? We're cool with raw dogging a tindr fling but sending a photo of the pregame warmup suddenly whhhoooooOOOOOAAAAAAOOOOoooohhh slow down pardner, you could poke an eye out!

Lol going raw on a tinder hookup is also incredibly dumb and not advisable.

Edit: I'm a boring lame weiner but I'm a consistent boring lame weiner.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 18, 2019